Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-10-11 09:11:11 PM

oz

Final Battle Part 1-Fate Of Marek TP

Who:

Umm..a Lot of people were in this roleplay smile ...

Who:

Since the ill-fated attack by the battering ram, the horde has been seemingly idle. Despite this, there is a heavy pall to the air, and tension runs rampant on both sides of the wall. Other than the occasional harrying attack from a distance by pawfuls of archers, the horde has not moved to attack again. The Abbey remains utterly surrounded. To the east, Ormaz glances up balefully at the walls. "I will break them," He murmurs. "Once and for all. I'll dig them out with my blade myself if I must, one by one."

Mergleton paces the wall waiting for the next attack, his giant crossbow still sitting on the wall though there are no beasts currently manning it and it would be quite useless against a regular assault. "I do not like this ceaseless silence, it does not bode well" He mutters to himself as he stares out into the open space, turning to the guards on the wall. "Stay alert, soliders! Your gates could be under assault at any moment, you must be ready!"

The day is cool. Dry. A little windy, but not too bad. Just your average early Autumn day. Matilda, Champion of Redwall, is standing up on the walls, watching as some arrows come flying overhead. "Aye, and be careful about the arrows. I don't want anybeast to die unnecessarily." The guards look at the fox, some of them scowling slightly, but they listen to the Champion and stay below the top of the battlements, only standing to fire off an arrow or a sling stone when needed.

DoraRose the mouse is crouching beside the hedgehog Champion, checking her war hammer. "I don't like this at all," she grumbles. "As the fussy fox said, it's too quiet. Do you want me to do a round of the walls to check on everything?" Matilda bites her lip, thinking.

At the outside entrance to the Infirmary, the old mouse Healer Angela is standing, the poisoned crystal shining on the top of her staff. She scowls at the sky, watching the few clouds get chased away by the wind. Nissaya, the albino otter Healer, comes up behind her. "Missus Angela?" The elderly mouse shakes her head. "There's death comin'. I c'n feel it in m'old bones, young 'un. Prepare for war."

The birds in the forest of Mossflower have gone silent near the Abbey.

"Prepare for war."

Tarsa walks down the road, a few hares with her as she looks ahead and takes a deep breath..it was go Time now and she was ready as she would ever be. Aella was close to the hare with her shrews close behind her, the black stone around her neck showing she was the Log-A-Log and she keeps a raspier at her side. Ximena decided last moment to head out, most likely the best idea at the time .They would need a healer after all.

Minsc stands nearby some of the allies as he looks towards where the horde is and frowns, the only Willowbark ones with him is Flea , a squirrel and a rabbit."So..ready friends?"

Xander frowns, he was ready or least he hoped he was. He looked back towards where some others were as if looking for someone and sighs, ok he should just focus now on the fight ahead,just the fight and that's all.

Anatole is on the wall tops and frowns , he sees the horde beasts moving around and backs up a little "Oh..this can't be good, not good at all."

Sinway is with the beasts on the road, calm and ready to fight.

Hide nor hair has been seen of the otters of Camp Willow to date but they were out there somewhere. The problem was there was very few fighting fits ones left after being practically wiped out only a year or two ago. Word had reached them of the horde and scouts had been back and forth watching but today there was a small force of 9 out in the woods, hiding at a safe distance and watching but there was too many vermin to do much.

At a hissed command from Ormaz, word is relayed around from where he stands beyond the eastern wall over to the western side of the Abbey. After a moment or two, a force of spear beasts bearing shields begins advancing on the western gate, stopping just within shooting distance. Several ranks of archers form up behind them and begin firing in an orderly fashion, arrows whizzing and hissing up towards the western ramparts. At the same time, a flock of beady-eyed birds of various sorts--mostly jackdaws and crows--moves in from the eastern side, descending like winged nightmares upon the defenders in that area, striking like darts towards the eastern wall gate. Ormaz shouts something to the horde beasts in his immediate vicinity, and they begin rolling a large catapult towards the eastern gate. "Let's see them stop this when they're attacked from above and below," He murmurs, laughing coldly.

Emyuil sprints up to the ramparts to stand once more beside DoraRose, his sword, Nevermore, gleaming in the sunlight. "My sword is crying to kill them," He whispers, half to himself, half to his sister. The scrape of claws on sandstone announce the arrival of Zarok just behind the berserker mouse. The monitor wields a quarterstaff and has forgone his usual attire of a novice's habit, instead donning ragged shorts and a vest with no shirt beneath, allowing him more freedom of movement. He's bold--relying utterly on his scaled hide to protect him from attacks rather than any worn armor. Terfil, for once not sticking with his normally inseparable companion Zarok, has instead decided to assist the old healer Angela in her efforts, having armed himself with a small dagger, and a few oversize bits of armor worn on his small red-orange frame.

Among the otters outside slinks Chud Streambattle, his dirk held in one paw, its blade's shine dulled with an earlier application of dirt and charcoal. Stealth is the order of the day here. For now. "Here we go," He breathes. "Time to stand true."

Marek turns to the others in his company and points his sword towards Redwall. "My friends! It would appear that we have arrived just in time, let us make haste to the inner grounds and hope we can stop my brother before he causes much damage!". Atop the wall, Mergleton is thrown to the side and stunned by an arrow to his left foot paw, while not critically injured he isn't getting up anytime soon. "They have arrived, DO NOT GIVE THEM QUARTER!"

Ciocan is within sight of the abbey and singles for the hares to stop as he frowns at the sight before him. A lot of hares are here, its unclear how many but they truly look ready to fight."Its time to get rid of this horde" The hares nod and are ready to battle, and the badger lord is also as he gets his war hammer in paw and snorts, it was time to have some help arrive.

Tarsa nods to the badger Lord?Its surrounded sur, your orders?? She waits for a reply and studies the going ons closely as she stayed where she was. When he says they attack she will attack, if he has charge she will charge.

Aella meanwhile stayed by her shrews, she may be a new leader but she wasn't gonna show fear and depression of her father's death will have to wait. She has a battle and 48 shrews to keep safe.?Be prepared for battle, be careful and slay some mangy vermin hide!?

Ximena stayed off to the side, she was there to heal when needed, she was afraid but would not run, she would stay where she was and be brave.

Matilda had juuuuust been peeking over the rampart when the archers started shooting their arrows. Dropping back down, she gets her sling and loads a stone into it. "Fire, but be careful!" The guards nod and obey, but one of them still gets shot in the head, dying instantly.

Shouts and screams can be heard from the Eastern Wall, and DoraRose's head turns as the sounds reach her ears. "Aye, brother...do you hear that?" She asks distractedly. "Zarok....nevermind, just stay safe." She starts to work her way along to the Southern (and, eventually, the Eastern) wall, ducked low, going to check on the guards over there. They are fighting valiantly, but they are quickly murdered by the evil birds.

LilyMoore is staying right beside her friend the stoat. As the get closer to the Abbey, she starts to breathe a little more quickly. "Marek.....I'm scared," she whispers. Out of the forest melts some vermin, sporting white armbands. Some blackbirds are flying above their heads, white bands tied around their ankles. A huge, hulking ferret, apparently the leader of this little band, leads them up to the Ambassador. "Marek," he grates in a deep voice. "We are here with Chieftain Blisa's blessing. If there are any in the horde wearing white armbands, they need to be left to us. We'll deal with them." The vermin keep a good distance from the Long Patrol, but there's no mistaking that they're advancing with the hares.

Nissaya looks to the East as he hears the screams....and then hears them fade. "What's that?" "War," Angela murmurs. She gathers up her skirts and starts down the steps to the open ground. "NIssaya, get as many wounded into the Infirmary as y'can. I'll be out 'ere 'elpin' on the front lines." "But, Missus Angela--" "I know what I'm doin', sonny! Just do as I say an' don't argue! Terfil! Come 'ere, son. I'll need a bodyguard." The old Healer has her herb sack at her side, staff in paw. She will do what she can.

Butterclaw the sparrow flutters up and flies above LilyMoore's head. "Lilymouse wormfriend! Much dangerwar at Redhouse Abbeyplace! Fleefast!" The young mouse, though obviously terrified, shakes her head and grimly grips the hilt of her mother's sword at her side. "No! I'm staying beside my friend. I'm not letting him face his crazy brother alone!"

Sinway looks at the gates quietly, his home.

Minsc is by Flea as he draws his blade "I say we attack these villains and help out friends

Gaheris is uncomfortable. The sight of vermin surrounding the abbey while he and the other otters hide out the way goes against everything he believes in. His jaw tightens when Chud breaks the silence. Time to stand true? It was suicide. There was 9 of them!...They couldn't just watch though. He'd be a lot happier if he knew the hares were coming. With a heavy sign the Skipper pulled out his bow "Ok. We've got javelins. Some of y'ave bows. Anyone want t'run home do it now. We're goin' t'be ghosts, yeah? We practiced this. Spread out, choose y'targets. Wait for the signal an' get ready t'run"

"The gate is clear, boss," A weasel mutters to Ormaz. "Very well. Fire away," the master of the horde barks. The catapult creaks back, tension thrumming through its hastily constructed frame. "We'll likely only get one shot, boss," One of its crew beasts calls to Ormaz. "That's all we need," He answers as the catapult arm snaps up, releasing a heavy boulder towards the eastern gate.

There's an almighty crash, and when the dust settles, the gate has been breached, lying in ruins and exposing the Abbey to assault at Ormaz's whim. Mere moments later, horde beasts surge through, laughing, whooping, and calling for blood. Some break off to loot right away; Ormaz decides to deal with them later. For now, he has more than enough beasts to see this through, as far as he can tell. Unaware of the presence of the otters, the Ferravalians, or the Long Patrol, he assumes that victory is all but his. He allows himself a crazed laugh as he draws out a long sword and begins looking for something to kill.

When the gate breaks, Emyuil lets out a guttural oath and begins sprinting along the ramparts behind DoraRose, Zarok in turn following him. Terfil nods at Angela's instructions and lets out a hiss, clenching a fist around the hilt of his dagger and swearing to himself that he won't let anybeast get near her. Outside the wall, Chud has forgone javelins in favor of his sling. He loads the cloth weapon with a heavy, yet smooth stone, and whirls it a few times until he gets a feel for it, picking a target, and waiting for the order to fire.

Marek leads the forces of Willowbark towards the abbey. "The time has come to end this..for justice...FOR REDWALL!"

Ciocan narrows his eyes as he sees the horde and takes a deep breath, he nod to his hares.....300 hares are here, the fighting force...some at camp and a maybe 50 at the mountain still, he takes his war hammer out and nods as they quickly get to the Redwall gates and hopefully inside to help.

Lacota has his frying pan and a cleaver at the ready, staring out one of the windows of Great Hall. He won't go down without a fight.

Tarsa nods as she follows her Badger Lord towards the gates and frowns "So many vermin and I think they are inside your Lordship we need inside as well!"

Adrian readies his rapier. He's eager to cut down some vermin a peg or two. "Aye, I agree, Sah!"

Allea has her shrews ready as well as she takes a deep breath "Kill some vermin scum!!" Well so much for cool war cries, oh well .

DoraRose hears the gate give, straightens up, and breaks into a dead run to the Eastern wall. As she nears the corner at the South-East, she sees the horde pouring in and makes a reckless decision. Keeping her pace, she readies her war hammer and starts down the wall steps towards the gate. She still has about a quarter of the wall steps to go when she spots a horde beast with a round shield just entering. When the distance is right, she jumps off the stairs, swinging her hammer at the 2 vermin watching her fall towards them, paralyzed in horror. "REEEDWAAAAAAAALLLLL!!!" The hammer smashes their heads in, and her feet land on the shield of the one vermin. He falls to the ground under her, screaming loud enough to wake the dead. The mouse Warrior rolls away, stands, turns, roaring as she steps forward and slams her hammer into the head of another vermin, then using the pointy other side of her hammer to cave the breastplate of another in. "ORMAZ! DEATH HAS COME FOR YOU!"

Angela raises her staff into an at-ready position as a horde beast starts to menace her. "Yer momma would be ashamed o' ye." The rat steps forward....and meets the crystal on the top of the old Healer's staff. He writhes in pain as the poison takes affect, and as he falls to the ground, the mouse kneels beside an injured sparrow. "Hush, now, love. I'll take care o' you."

Matilda turns as she hears the shouts from the guards. "The Eastern gate! It's been breached!" The Champion points. "Go, help the Gatekeeper!" As most of the guards rush off to do that, the hedgehog takes a swift peek over the wall....and spots the Long Patrol. That's who it has to be. Lips pursed grimly, she runs to the closest wall steps and runs down to the ground level. She begins to unchain and unbar the Main Gate. Soon it starts creaking open......

LilyMoore does her best to stay abreast with Marek as the Ferravalians charge forward with the Long Patrol. "FOR MOSSFLOWER AND FOR FREEDOM!!" The vermin shout. The mouse maid is gasping for breath. She's pretty fit, but that does nothing for her fear.

Xander has stayed close to the long patrol and Ciocan and now draws his blade and nods to a couple Defenders that came with him and a couple close by hares "Ok...lets help Redwall!!"

Gaheris never expected the gates to fall so fast but then he's never seen a catapult at work. He puts on his best frown and draws back an arrow on his bow as he quickly moves "Give 'em 'ell. Don't get shot" He mutters at the otters and that seems to be the order as very quickly the group split up, hiding amongst the foliage only to pop out at random and shoot something. Gaheris aims at birds. Several of the others start picking off vermin on the outer edge of the horde while they're crowded up getting in the eastern gate. A couple of shots and they duck down and move while a different otter pops up somewhere else in the tree line. It's hard to tell how many there are when they won't stay still.

Lacota can hear fighting outside. Most Order beasts would turn and run, but Lacota is not most beasts. He's stared down more than a few slavers and evil beasts in day, for being just a glorified chef, after all... It'd be nice to brain another rat or two with his pan again...

Ormaz snarls when he hears DoraRose's challenge and begins wading his way through the melee towards her voice. "Come over here so I can kill you!" he retorts. Emyuil arrives like a thunderbolt after the lightning strike that was DoraRose's arrival. Lashing out with his black sword like it's an extension of his body, he reaps a horrific toll on any vermin that get near him, a wordless roar ripping out of his throat. Zarok, not to be outdone, cannons into a weasel, tearing into him with his fangs while parrying any counter-attacks with his quarterstaff.

The vermin are surging towards the Abbey building proper, step by step, gutting any who stand in their way. In the rear ranks, archers continue a steady rain of arrows towards the walls, now from the inside. The detachment that had provided a distraction to the west now circles around, but a good portion of them are cut down by the otters' hit-and-fade attacks. Chud keeps at it, loading his sling, firing, and vanishing into the undergrowth again like a serpent.

When the hares of the Patrol are sighted, the reaction of the horde is swift and merciless. Arrows rain down on the brave hares, cutting a swathe through them.

Lee has decided to join the battle as well, but on his own terms. His family is inside the Abbey, and anybeast that gets in his way is swiftly cut down as he carves a bloody swathe toward the eastern wall.

Marek now charges into Redwall with Defenders and Willowbark beasts in tow, the gates are down so getting inside should be easy now, when he arrives inside he immediately glares in the direction of Ormaz. "BROTHER!!!!...I have come to end your tyranny! One way or another, our story ends this day!". Meanwhile, Mergleton has descended from the wall and takes a deep breath as he draws his sword and quietly slits the throat of an approaching rat. "Very sorry, sir rat...but you must die"

Ciocan gets inside with his Long Patrol hares, he growls as some arrows rain down, one gets in his shoulder that he ripes out and the arrows take out like 30 hares. His eyes narrow and he uses his war cry and hammer held high and right away is smashing a couple vermin horde beasts to the face!

Tarsa gasps as an arrow barely misses her and slices at a weasel that gets too close, "Give em blood and vinegar!!!!!!!"

Aella starts to back off, she isn't use to war and neither is her shrews, but NO she can't back off as she nods "FIGHT THE VERMIN!!" They are tiny, but mighty...one shrew is killed by a rat but then the rat dies cause of it!

Adrian yells out, taking an arrow to his left shoulder. As if that would stop him. Instead, it only emboldens the Corporal, and after ripping it out, he charges forward, rapier raised, stabbing a rat and then kicking his in the stomach. "EUUUYLAAAAALIAAAAAAA!"

Sinway goes inside and battles off to the side.

DoraRose laughs in a rather insane manner. "I'm not the one who's going to be dying, Ormaz!" She sings, playing whack-an-evil-vermin with her war hammer. The fall under her relentless hatred, the Gatekeeper just seeming to dance as she swings and blocks. Angela is helping the wounded, trusting her little newt friend to guard her back.

The Ferravalians roar in unison as they slam into the ranks of Ormaz's horde. They may be few, but they make up for it with a viciousness that most people expect from vermin.

Screams can be heard as both sides take a terrible beating. LilyMoore has started breathing too fast, too fast.... "Marek! Be careful! AUGH!" She screams as a rat tries to decapitate her, and so she bolts, headed towards the Bell tower with the rat following her, struggling to catch the very fast mouse maid Butterclaw flies above her head, chirping madly to let her know when to duck and stuff.

Matilda is draws the Sword of Martin, leaping into battle! "FOR REDWALL!!" And of course her sword is knocked out of her paw. She growls, curls into a ball, and rolls over to where her sword fell. Vermin yelp as they get pricked by her spines. She unfolds herself when she gets to her weapons, and, grabbing it, she's up with a shout, cleaving an enemy into 2 yucky pieces!!

Minsc swings his blade, and beheads a rat, then another and chuckles"This is fun being!"

Xander makes sure a couple order beasts, curious gets back inside, he blinks as some refugees say they are helping to fight, the badger nods and lets them out to help as the more that help fight the horde the better.

Adrian ducks, as the window he'd previously been peering out of is shattered, a stoat trying to literally climb into the Great Hall. "Oh no you don't!" *WHAMMMM!*

Lacota ducks, as the window he'd previously been peering out of is shattered, a stoat trying to literally climb into the Great Hall. "Oh no you don't!" *WHAMMMM!*

Rigel quickly gets inside to help , his longbow in paw..most know he is on the side of good, a couple almost attack hi as he holds up his paws "On your side.."He fires his arrow and kills a monitor as he grins at the Redwall guards "See...."

Gaheris focuses his attention on the archers coming around the building. The chaos of the main horde might not easily tell where a stray arrow comes from but right now those archers are the most likely to attack the otters back so he wants them all gone. His ears perk to the sounds of fighting inside and he almost grins at the unmistakable war cries from the hares. Yes! The long Patrol is definitely just what this battle needed. The otters were pretty much behind the horde by this point but still stuck back far enough to have cover "Focus on their backs, block tha' gate with dead vermin. Someone scout round the side" he quietly orders his little gang around as the arrows and stones fly.

Lee continues his rain of death and destruction, the otter cutting down vermin left, right, and center, as he reaches the eastern gate.

Ormaz freezes, almost long enough that he's vulnerable...but not quite. "Is this real?" He breathes to himself when he sees Marek. Then, hatred wells up within him and he tightens his grip on his sword. "Ghost or no," He bellows, remembering Blisa's words when the Chieftain was his captive, "I'll rip you apart as many times as I have to, Marek!" He feels as if a veil is falling away from him. His veneer of calm? Gone, along with his situational awareness that might've saved his hide from the multi-pronged attack by the coalition of woodlanders, Long Patrol warriors, and Ferravalians. All he sees now is Marek, and he sprints towards his brother, heedless of those in his path.
Emyuil hears Lily's voice and redoubles his efforts against the tide of vermin. "'Rose!" He shouts. "I'm going after Lily!" With that, he plunges into the horde as a whirlwind of violence, moving from one kill to the next in the blink of an eye. Not this time, he repeats, over and over. Lily won't be taken from him again. Not now, not ever. Another battle cry rips out of him. "TUSCANI! I'LL KILL EVERY LAST ONE OF YOU SCUM!" There is no mad laughter now. A gash to his chest stops just shy of taking him down, but only serves to fuel his Bloodwrath further as he strikes the attacker's head from his shoulders in one mad strike. Before the head hits the ground wetly, he's already moving on, ever closer to Lily. But will he be fast enough? He refuses to consider any alternative outcome. Not in the heat of battle. Seeing Emyuil go bolting off as always, Zarok decides to stay near DoraRose and protect her. Another vermin goes down to his jaws as he rips the beast's throat out.

Chud volunteers to scout around the corner. Upon his return, having dodged a few stray arrows, he reports his findings to Gaheris in a sharp whisper. "Long Patrol is inside the Abbey. We've got the vermin now, sir, they're just too dumb to realize it. There's no escape; most of them have entered the abbey. If we can get to the wall tops, we can hit them from a good vantage point and keep them hemmed in. What d'you think?"

Ciocan growls as a fox slices his arm, the fox gets a face full of war hammer. More hares fall to the horde but also some horde beasts go down as well, the long patrol fighters do not go down easily and take horde beasts with them. The hares also know when to give the badger lord plenty of room when he slips into Bloodwrath and a few horde beasts scream and run away from him only to fail at getting away and the horde beasts in his path die rather quickly!

Marek walks calmly, quickly dicing through any vermin who stand near him as Ormaz approaches and the two come closer and closer to each other. "So be it, I will not rest until our fates have been stripped away. I may face my end today, but so will you!"

Tarsa slices at a rat, sidesteps just barely getting a cut to the shoulder, she snorts and kicks a weasel in the face and glaces over at Ciocan and frowns...ok he looks angry , she looks around as a couple fellow hares beside her die when a monitor attacks them, monitors she can't handle and backs off a little frowning, 3-4 hares manage to take down the monitor

Adrian rushes right into the fray, chopping down a rat here, a weasel there. The hare is an absolute death machine with his rapier, many seasons of practice honed to deadly precision. Finding himself in the middle ground between the main gate at the Great Hall, he is suddenly shocked to find that fully a third of the Privates fighting with him are now dead. This could be a dicey situation, as he finds himself almost completely surrounded.

Ximena is here tending to the wounded, lucky a hare is helping guard her as she frowns, but helps a beast with a leg gash, and one with a torn shoulder get to the infirm.

Minsc pants as he has a cut on his leg, but he still fights his blade griped tightly in his paw."Have a kiss of death ya vermin pests!!"

Lacota whacks his pan at several more vermin trying to climb into the window, and then he spots... Marek? He hates that beast... But he hates Ormaz even more. The squirrel starts to scramble out of the window, not heeding the pleas of abbey beasts to stay inside!

Xander has noticed his friend is not here, he can only hope he is at camp, he has been handling his first real horde battle fairly well so far. He has vermin blood on his armor and fur and a little of his own also from a cut to his upper arm and chin.

Rigel gets to where he can better shot some of the horde, he climbs a few steps by the wall and fires off a couple arrows and smirks, he goes to get another and blinks.."Ohhh out of arrows...not good"He decides to..help in the infirm and barely avoids a stab from a rat.

DoraRose glances up. "Lily....FOR MY LILYMOOOOOORE!!!" The Gatekeeper's scream fades into a roar as she hammers relentlessly at her enemies, wading through them to get to her daughter. She makes impressive headway, even the villains in armor not able to withstand her hammer of smashing.

Angela is busy helping the wounded. Other Healers are out here helping, some dragging the less wounded into the Infirmary, where Nissaya is busy organizing the Healers inside, trying to keep calm in the midst of the chaos. The otter is amazing at this -- in the face of death or slavery, he stays calm and focused on their job of helping others. A few Ferravalians have fallen, but the rest avenge their fellow villagers by literally ripping their enemies apart. That corner of the battle isn't pretty.

Butterclaw flutters inside the Bell tower, holding the door open for his friend. LilyMoore hears the shouts from her mother and uncle and turns...only to see the rat towering over her. She screams, draws her mother's sword, and stabs up, piercing the rat's heart. "Momma! Uncle Emyuil! Marek! Somebeast....AAH!" A couple more horde beasts are running to her, and she steps inside, the sparrow letting the door slam shut. The Bell ringer backs up to the base of the stairs, hyperventilating.

** Part 2 is here  http://forum.rwmuck.org/viewtopic.php?id=902  ***

Last edited by oz (2018-10-12 02:20:05 PM)

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

Board footer