Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-10-11 09:13:26 PM

oz

Final Battle Part 2-Fate Of Marek TP

*** Right after  http://forum.rwmuck.org/viewtopic.php?id=901   ***

Who:

A lot of people were in this role play :) ....

Log:

Gaheris and the otters keep up their tricks until Chud comes back with the situation. The Skipper actually grins with news the Long Patrol is really there and he's not just hearing things "Thank whatever spirits y'like. We've got a shot at doin' this" Gah nods at Chud's suggestion and goes to clap a paw on his shoulder before he signals the other otters over "Righ'. The vermin are busy fightin' without us. We're goin' together" He starts pointing at otters in the group "You watch out for archers and birds. They start payin' us attention take them down. Y'two cut down anythin' that gets too close. We're goin' in. We're takin' our very own walltop. Quickly an' quietly now" another gesture and the otters leave the trees, running for the side of one of the walls to follow it around to the broken gates and slipping inside in to the chaos.
Lee comes crashing into the Abbey, yelling at the top of his lungs, and swinging his sword, lopping off a weasels head. He looks like Death itself, coming up near to where the bulk of the fighting is. There's Marek and Ormaz... And a crazed-looking squirrel climbing out a window. Not the strangest thing he's seen today.

Ormaz works his way methodically towards Marek, cutting down hares left and right. He pauses for a moment when he hears Lily's voice. Immediately he remembers that day at the tavern. A downright demonic grin splits his face and he breaks off his advance, bolting towards the Bell Tower with a mocking, wild laugh. Finding the door shut, he batters against it in his frenzy.

Emyuil sees Ormaz and growls. "Not this time!" He bellows, falling into his usual place beside DoraRose and helping her clear a path. Zarok sees the duo and makes it a trio, lashing out at any horde beasts that try to flank their little wedge of destruction. He lets out a resounding roar and sinks his claws into a rat's heart, ripping them free in a spurt of blood. He's unaware of Lily's predicament but figures DoraRose and Emyuil have a better idea of him than where to go, so he follows them.

Chud grins proudly at the unspoken praise from the Skipper and follows the subsequent orders with every ounce of his cunning, skill, and courage, taking out a couple vermin as he moves with the group towards the gate. He hangs back ever so slightly beyond Gaheris, allowing the Skipper the honor of being the first up the wall if he so wishes.

Marek charges at Ormaz, noticing everyone who is doing the same. Emyuil...and Lacota? He pauses for a moment if only a moment. "Mr. Lacota? I was not expecting you" When he hears Lily's screams he turns away once again. "We must make quick work of the foes, Mr. Lacota. I fear that LilyMoore is in danger"

Ciocan is surrounded by vermin himself, but the vermin back off as he swings his hammer at them, panting a little as he has started to get out of breath, a brave rat manages to stab him in the foot....brave rat dies, a lone monitor goes to tackle the badger Lord as the two fight and rolls onto the ground, the fight ends after the monitors neck is slammed into with the hammer and the badger scouts back and goes to catch his breath laying a moment or two on the ground, worn out from some intense fighting but he has killed a good deal of the horde beasts. The Bloodwrath earlier is slowly leaving him now.

Tarsa tries to get to where Adrian is and snorts, she does notice Ciocan on the ground and nods to a few hares "Make sure no one gets near him, that's an order protect him!" She stabs a rat and kicks it out of her way.

Adrian shouts an order to the remaining privates with them, but then there comes Ormaz, cutting down hares left and right. The Corporal knows he won't stand a chance by himself, so he backs away, inadvertently running into Tarsa. "Sahgeant, we 'ave the uppah paw, I think, but ovah half tha privates an' othah Corporals are dead. Wot is yer best suggestion?"

DoraRose continues to fight madly, yet with cold calculations, to get to her only daughter. "STAY AWAY FROM MY DAUGHTER OR I SWEAR I'LL SEND YOUR BODY TO HELLGATES!!!!" Angela looks up and purses her lip. Gesturing for the newt to follow her, she slowly works her way through the battle, somehow avoiding being spotted, until she gets to a wounded hare beside the Bell tower. "'Ush, now, I'm 'ere. I'm a 'Ealer." She pulls out her supplies and sets to work on yet another patient....just as a fox comes up behind her. Snarling, he raises his claymore....only to be felled by a pair of Ferravale fighters. "No killin' 'Ealers!"

The huge Ferravalian ferret and a trio of his fellows charge over to where Adrian is surrounded, their enemies a literal bloody heap near the pond. They attack the group of vermin surrounding the Corporal, and screams echo off the walls yet again. There's still an awful lot of the baddies left, so any help would be appreciated, even if it's not noticed at this moment.

LilyMoore hears the evil stoat and can't help but start to cry. She should've stayed behind in the camp. Sheathing her mother's bloody sword, she starts up the staircase, Butterclaw fluttering loyally at her side. When the door gives way, she stifles a scream and looks down.....

Minsc stabs a rat, beheads another but a fox gets lucky and knocks the hamster out cold.

Lacota narrows his eyes, but he can hear Lilymoore screaming. He loathes Marek. "Ugh, fine... C'mon, some of those vermin are trying to break down the doors of Great Hall. Can you help with that on the way to the Bell tower?"

The otters look like a close knit group as they move together and watch each others backs. Gaheris shoulders his bow and switches to swords when they get close to the gates and any vermin caught hanging back for fear of hares or badgers barely have time to consider that they should have been scared of otters instead before they're dispatched without a word. Gaheris takes to the walltop quickly, leading the others and gabbing more arrows from a few fallen guards on the way before once more he trains his bow on the vermin again. They watch out for the birds still but the vermin on the ground were practically like shooting fish in a barrel from up there. Gah focuses on the ones around the abbey dwellers, trying to keep them from being overrun.

Xander frowns and quickly goes to help Minsc, he looks around and frowns, but finds a place he can lay him for now as some refugees are helping the wounded and also making a fairly good blockage against vermin, some refugees have been killed still. Xander is also close to Ciocan and quickly goes to check on him.

Rigel fires off an arrow that kills a weasel about to send a bolt into Adrian, the fox smirks "Naughy nauthy no killing the bunnies, bunnies are cute!"Guess he had one more arrow and he...goes inside.

Lee continues to cut his way through the vermin, making his own way inexorably toward the bell tower. It'd be really nice to catch up with Dorarose again. It's been too long.

Ormaz steps into the seemingly abandoned Bell tower with a cold laugh. "Come down, little mouse. Come down and meet the end." As he speaks, he begins ascending the winding staircase, his voice echoing eerily from every wall as he works his way inexorably up the stairs. He wants to hear Lily scream in terror before he kills her. The better to torment his brother.

If Emyuil was burning with rage before, now he's downright incandescent. He rams his sword into a weasel, butchers a ferret, and breaks into a run. He has no words now, but Nevermore is eloquent enough for the both of them as it continues to slice its way through all opposition, rising and falling in a deadly, fluid dance.

Zarok does his best to keep up, fighting savagely, the way he used to growing up in the southern cliffs' tunnels before he came to Redwall. He lets out another roar as he lets instinct do the work for him. The hulking young reptile is a nightmare to those beasts standing before him, and some flee in terror, or freeze up long enough for him to deal with them easily.

Chud sprints up the stairs to the ramparts two at a time. Once atop the walls, he lets off a few stones from his sling at the vermin below, placing his shots carefully, taking out the most important-looking of the vermin that he can reach, knowing that preventing a rally and potential counter-attack is critical. "Just gotta kill 'em before they can make a stand," he mutters. "If we can mop 'em up now..."
He pauses his monologue to loose another stone, catching a muscular fox in the face, "then we won't lose as many beasts as we would if they dug in."

Ciocan nods to Xander "I am...alright." He will allow any help up still and looks around with a frown...70% of the Long Patrol are...dead, and he still has to learn of the fate of the Long Patrol camp. His injuries are not ...terrible, he has a couple cracked ribs, a gash on his lower arm, some cuts here and there and a small cut to his leg, but the leg cut isn't deep and barely bleeds right now. He is very worn out though.

Tarsa frowns as she looks around "Stay close..we check on his Lordship...."She watches the shrews still fighting, they seems to have faired a little better only losing 10 out of 50 shrews. She frowns "We need to..have someone check on the camp, tell them..what happen" Yeah she will soon find out..what camp?

Marek looks towards Lacota and back to the vermin surrounding him. "I need you to distract these minions for me, I have to face my brother!" he runs towards the bell tower, quickly running out of breath but refusing to surrender. Meanwhile, Mergleton continues to make his way towards the bell tower himself, in hopes of assisting as best he can. "I...will...end this brother" Marek's breaths have become noticeably more shallow but he is ever persistent and slowly enters the bell tower himself. "I...will never let you hurt her"

Benar has stayed in for the most part but he manages to peek out to see what is going on and frowns as he clearly wishes he hadn't peeked out.

Adrian is not one to disobey a direct order... However, he can tell which way the battle is going, and he can tell the vermin are starting to rally. "Sorry, Ma'am, but I must respectfully disobey yer ordah, wot!" It's only himself, fifteen privates, and four other corporals... "Right, who's wi' me? For the Long Patrol! For Lord Ciocan! FOR SALAMANDASTRON!!! EUUUUULAAAAALIAAAAAAA!!!" And then Adrian is leading a charge, the last gasp the hares can muster, cutting down every enemy in their path as they cut a bloody swath toward the bell tower.

Tarsa snorts...she goes to stay by Ciocan, she sees it as her JOB."Let's get him inside" She tells Xander.

Xander nods and stays close to Ciocan as he looks around, he frowns when he sees Benar....this is not a good time to slip out, he looks at the hares and frowns "Lord Ciocan should get inside ..." A couple hares do help him, a few others go fight off more vermin.

LilyMoore shouts down at her pursuer, "LEAVE ME ALONE!" She takes the staircase at a run, ending up on the level of the bells. Leaning out the window, she spots her mother, uncle, Zarok, Marek.... "HELP ME, SOMEBEAST, PLEASE! He's in here!!" As her friend enters the tower, the Bellringing turns to face the top of the stairs, trembling in obvious fear. Butterclaw clumsily lands near her, crouching, wings spread, ready to attack.

A tear trickles down DoraRose's face as she furiously fights the Bloodwrath. She can't do that right now. Her Lily needs her to be clearheaded. She bursts into the Bell tower about the time Marek makes it in, screeching, "LEAVE HER ALONE, YOU MONSTER! IF YOU TOUCH HER I'LL POUND YOU INTO THE GROUND 'TIL NOTHING'S LEFT!!" She charges up the steps after her enemy. She will die if that means her daughter is safe.

Matilda is rallying the Redwallers as the Ferravalians keep killing their enemies. Hopefully Camp Willow realizes the vermin with the white armbands are on the side of good! "For Redwaaaaaaalll!!" The hedgehog leads a charge to some baddies trying to enter Great Hall. They crash into their enemies, a violent wave of death in the sea of battle.

Rigel looks outside, hmmmms 15 privates, 4...make that 3 corporals if count Adrian....oh there may be a couple hares inside..so maybe 17 privates?

Ciocan frowns but allows the help inside, "But....."He frowns too tried to argue, fine he will go inside to the infirm but he isn't happy."Xander..go back out...and help them..." This said once he is inside.

Lacota bashes a rat's head in. He will defend his home with his life, if necessary. In the meantime, the Friar moves to assist the injured badger lord toward the relative safety of Great Hall.

"Smart thinkin'" Gaheris mutters back to Chud "Aim f'the loud ones" Gah orders his otters and any vermin who look like they're ordering anyone around are shortly in danger of getting shot by the Skipper. The Camp Willow otters know nothing of white armbanded beasts, a few might get caught in the crossfire but if they're not attacking hares or abbey folk or ordering hordes of vermin they're probably not a primary target so they'll probably be lucky and not aimed at much.

Ormaz advances on LilyMoore, hefting his sword with almost delicate care. He's vaguely aware of Marek's approach, but disregards it. "You think he'll save you?" he hisses mockingly. "He'll never reach the top in time. So that gives us some time, just the two of us." Hellfire burns in his eyes as he grins. "Isn't that grand, little mouse?" He spots Butterclaw and laughs. "Hah. Step aside or die, bird."

By this time, several archers have spotted the trio of Emyuil, DoraRose, and Zarok approaching, and begin to focus their fire where they can. The Half-Rat takes an arrow to the leg, but tears it out with a scream of defiance mid-run, blood pooling with every step as he continues to blitz towards the Bell tower. Zarok is a bit slower, leaving the heroics to older beasts as he does his best to make sure they won't get themselves killed by an attack from behind. Leaning down, he slams his claws into a hordebeast's chest again, tears them free, and moves to the next, shadowing DoraRose and Emyuil with every step. Terfil, for his part, uses his small size to his advantage, slipping past Angela to sink his dagger into the back of another beast's knee, then stabbing the creature in the chest as he falls. He lets out a screeching war cry and continues to fight, like a little orange demon as he slinks from foe to foe like a ghost.

Chud, after using his rudder to knock an overly bold stoat off the wall, glances down at the Abbey grounds. His keen eyes widen as he spots each contingent converging on the tower. He wrestles with indecision, then his gaze hardens and he reloads his sling. It's too late to run down there, he thinks. "So I'll do what I can from up here," he whispers aloud, continuing to pick off as many enemies as possible.

Lacota decides to remain in the Infirmary this time. The vermin are getting too thick for a single frying pan.

Xander frowns but nods and heads back out to help, after making sure 3 hares watch the badger lord.

Marek rushes towards the top as fast as he can, though he collapses every few seconds, holding his chest. "I will...never yield" Despite his struggling, Marek slices through any vermin in his way and continues forward. "If anyone else is thre, I require your assistance. We must save Lilymoore..at all costs". Soon, Marek reaches the top and faces his brother, his stance uneven and his vision blurry but his eyes show a determined fury as he charges at his brother. "RARRRGGH!"

Benar frowns as he looks around, seeing Lacota and the Badger lord he goes over to them, and looks outside briefly.

Adrian and his fellow remaining hares cut down whomever they run across, and unfortunately, a few Ferravalians go down in the onslaught. The Corporal can't be overly bothered by friendly fire at this point, too focused is he on surrounding the remaining members of Ormaz's horde, the fighting growing incredibly bloody the closer they get to the tower. There won't be a much resistance left for much longer now.

LilyMoore is backed up against the wall....literally. Drawing her mother's sword again, she holds it aloft, shifting into an at-ready stance. "Don't....don't you dare come any closer! I...I'll shred you, I will!" DoraRose growls and does her best to help Marek get up to the top. "Whatever the cost," she agrees. As the good stoat reaches the top, the Bellringer glances over her enemy's shoulder.....a big mistake. "Marek! Momma!" DoraRose swings her hammer once she's up here, her roar echoing off the walls and the bells. She glances around for any other enemies.

Butterclaw takes this moment to fly up and scratch at Ormaz's face! Meanwhile, down on the ground, Angela has moved to where she's just below one of the windows, helping a wounded Ferravale rat. Nissaya is still organizing the relative calm in the Infirmary.
Matilda and the Redwallers have surrounded the remaining Ferravalians, and they fight together, which is good, since their verminish allies were getting murdered. The band of allies charges forward together, using the Long Patrol's advance as part of a pincer movement around the Bell tower. The evil horde is nearly fully surrounded...

Lee moves to help with foebeasts trying to break into Great Hall.

Ewan whimpers as he stumbles onto...oh no its worse here, he should of stayed in his log in the woods, he shivers and seems to have lost his shirt with a rather bad cut to the back and where a arrow sliced his side, oh and this helps...not!! Least he is far enough away to not be too very close.

Xander manages to kill a couple more vermin and sees Ewan, he rushes over to him and frowns "W..wHY are you here..why aren't you at camp?!"

Adrian appreciates the assistance of Matilda and the Redwallers. Already, four of the hares with him have been cut down or wounded. Adrian himself is stabbed in the chest, but he doesn't stop, bellowing his anger and beheading the cat who stabbed him. "We've almost got 'em!" he yells, "Keep pushin' forwahd!"

Gaheris picks off a large rat who seemed to be encouraging the others "I don't like the way they're gatherin' by the bell tower" he mutters to Chud as he aims a few arrows in to the vermin crowds "I'm nearly out 'f arrows. Think it's a good time t'try and mop this up?" the vermin did look like they were getting pretty surrounded.

With uncanny speed, Ormaz whirls and parries the first blow with a spray of hot sparks. "About time you got here. But you're too late." He lances out with his sword in a brutal thrust, drawing a dagger in his other paw at the same time. "Yes," He murmurs, just loud enough to be heard. "That will do nicely," He continues, louder. "I'll leave you bleeding out and kill your little friend in front of you!" He snarls at the top of his lungs, swatting Butterclaw aside with the flat of his sword, and laughing between sword strokes as he begins a furious series of blows, seemingly everywhere at once. The exchange ends almost as quickly as it begins, and just as DoraRose--followed by Emyuil--reaches the top of the tower, Ormaz's sword slams abruptly into Marek's chest, almost running him clean through but stopping just shy of killing him outright. A calculated move. DoraRose and Emyuil, however, interrupt whatever Ormaz had planned to do next, and he steps back from the fury of their blows.

"Stay back!" He growls, keeping his dagger-wielding paw almost within striking distance of Lily. "Or I'll slit her throat!"

Emyuil snarls and almost rushes forward without thinking, then abruptly he halts, uncertainty evident in his posture as he looks to DoraRose through the red mists of Bloodwrath.

"Now then," Ormaz continues, as if they weren't ready to murder each other without a second thought. "It appears that I've won this round, brother," He mocks, glancing at the bleeding form of Marek. "What say you?" He smirks, leaning a bit closer but keeping Lily within paw's reach just in case her mother or uncle get any ideas. "Game over. Now you die." He plants an armored foot paw on Marek's chest, and cruelly puts most of his weight on it. "What's that?" He laughs. "I can't hear you! Your shame will last forever, Marek, for you have lost. You think you've changed? You haven't at all, and I'll send you to Hell with that thought!"

Lacota watches the fighting outside the window.

Marek coughs up a torrent of blood as Ormaz finishes his speech and collapses to the ground, barely conscious. As moments pass and Ormaz continues speaking, Marek opens one eye and stands up, facing DoraRose as he does. "Save...*cough*....her". Marek quickly stands up and turns towards Ormaz who is now holding his knife at Lilymoore's throat. "You're wrong, brother. I have changed, with the help of these beasts at the abbey I found my light. I....I am sorry that you could not find yours" Wiping a tear from his eye he slowly pulls the sword from his chest and stares determinedly at Ormaz before turning his eyes towards Lilymoore. "Goodbye...my friend". With an incredible speed, Marek rushes towards Ormaz ignoring the flurry of blows against him by his minions and taking his brother in a bear hug. "Goobye...brother". Within seconds, Marek and Ormaz are airborne as they fall from the bellower and for a moment time stops, and then as quickly as the fall began it ends and the two stoats are crushed mercilessly into the ground, Ormaz Redthorn is dead and the dark story that plagued Marek has now ended.

Benar blinks and quickly goes outside, a few say sty in but he heads out anyhow.

The horde beasts, least those alive see their leader fall to his death, drop weapons and flee....course half of those who run are killed by some warriors helping Redwall and some others killed by some sparrows..a paw full of the vermin are lucky to get out alive!

Adrian looks up in surprise, and many of the horde beasts do as well, watching the two stoats sail through the air, and downward, impacting the ground with that sickening thud. That's all he needs to rally the remaining hares, and the rush at the vermin a final time, sending the enemy into disarray as they flee.

Xander makes his way over to where Marek and Ormaz is on the ground, First having Ewan stay inside the gate house he will speak to him in a moment as he rushes over.

Benar makes his way over and frowns.

When the dagger comes to her throat, LilyMoore drops her mother's sword. "Butterclaw! Marek, NO!" She starts crying, and a sob escapes her. The sparrow lays on the floor, chirping in pain.

DoraRose growls and slams her hammer into any villains who dared to follow them up here. They go sailing, screaming, to the floor below. She looks Marek in the eye.....she understands, even before anything else happens or is said. "Always. Emyuil, to me!" Roaring, she keeps the Ambassador safe as he takes out his brother. Another tear trickles down her face. As her friend charges, the Bellringer looks him in the face. "What? No....Marek....MAREK, NOOOOO!!!!" Lily's scream can be heard over the sounds of battle as she leans out the window. Before they even hit the ground, she has scooped her mother's sword and, Butterclaw gamely hopping behind her, his wing held awkwardly at her side, is dashing down the staircase. "Wait, Lily...oh, come on! EVERYBEAST, MOVE!!" The Gatekeeper booms at anyone in her daughter's way as she scoops the bird up in her arms and follows.

Meanwhile, Angela has hurried to Marek's side....then pauses. There's no way she can save him. And she knows it. LilyMoore bursts out of the bell tower and over to her friend's side. "Marek....Marek, no, please...." She shoves Ormaz away from her friend and goes to gently scoop Marek into her arms, trying to cradle his head in her elbow. Dora arrives and gently sets the sparrow beside his friend, and as he chirps sadly, the Gatekeeper meets her grandmother's gaze. They both know. There's no hope.

Matilda comes up beside the Abbot, bloodied and bruised. Redwallers and allies gather around.....

Gaheris sees the beasts fall. The leader of the vermin he recognizes, the other stoat he doesn't but the impact it has on the vermin is clear. The Skipper grins. He makes no attempt to go after fleeing vermin, they had enough to do here. Anyone who keeps fighting though is up for grabs as Gaheris draws his swords and descends from the walls "Keep 'em runnin'" the Skipper orders as he heads in the fray itself. Once the danger passes they'll help with the injured but Gaheris doesn't know those involved but he can tell something is up so he keeps distant as the Redwallers appear to be gathering. He'll let them have their time and worry about making the place safe.

Ciocan would likely be outside by...he has passed out in the infirm, he will be fine. What ever hares are left go to see the results of the fall, a couple whisper and seem surprised.

Marek looks up at the beasts surrounding him and smiles. "Is...is everyone safe?" Upon getting a response his face becomes a void of calm. "Good..that's....good" Turning to Lilymoore he frowns slightly. "A tear, Lilymoore? Don't cry, my friend. Where there is life...." He isn't able to finish his sentence as his injuries are too many, his eyes close peacefully and Marek Redthorn breaths his last, finally claiming the peace that alluded him in his troubled life and passing over into the light.

Adrian cuts down whatever vermin remain. There aren't that many left when he's done. Taking stock of what Patrollers are left, he's shocked to find only eight still standing,.the others all either dead or injured. He makes his way over to the beast he assumes is the Abbot, and says, "All vermin taken care of, wot! Yahr Abbey is bloody well in good paws, Sah." He looks a shocking sight, though, left shoulder and chest all bloody, and his right ear bleeding.

Lacota comes out the infirmary, and stops, gasping a little. He never liked Marek, but the sight is still a bit shocking.

Angela nods. "Aye, son. Everybeast is safe....including Lily." DoraRose sets her hammer to one side and wraps a paw around her daughter's shoulders. Butterclaw rests a clawed foot on his friend's thigh, looking sadly up into the Bellringer's eyes.

LilyMoore is holding her friend in her arms. She can't stop crying. She hears his words, her sight blurred, then she feels him relax, stop breathing.... "Nana! Nana, do something!!!" "No, LIly," Dora squeezes her child's shoulders, getting her attention, looking into her eyes. "It's no use. He's gone." Tears flow from the Gatekeeper's eyes. "I'm so sorry." Lily breaks down into a sob, then, hugging the body of her friend close, wails to the sky, then buries her face in his shoulder, weeping loudly.

DoraRose wraps her arms around her daughter and her precious burden, then Angela does the same. Butterclaw sniffs, then starts chirping a pretty, yet sad song in the language of the birds. Lily continues to weep as the song speaks of meetings and partings, and of the glory of the setting sun.

This is one of her hardest days ever....

Emyuil nods at his sister's command and fights for all he's worth to keep the vermin out of the tower until Marek is finished with his final task. When it's over, he thunders down the stairs behind Lily and DoraRose. If anybeast gets in his way, they die, friend or foe, simple as that. He manages to reach them. Calling out to Marek, he manages to gasp out, "I'm sorry...that I never --" Before he collapses, unconscious from exhaustion and blood loss. Zarok makes his way over to Lily as well and goes to rest the tip of his tail on her shoulder, letting her know that he's here when she needs him. Terfil clambers up on his shoulders and hums sadly.

Benar frowns, "Marek....." He nods to Adrian as he speaks quietly "Thank you....tell Lord Ciocan Thank you as well friend hare and any injured hare can stay in the infirm." He speaks "Marek can be..buried in the abbey graveyard." He looks around and frowns, there is some clean up to do, injured beasts to get  to the infirm..he looks at Adrian"Please say some healers are still among you, they will well be needed"

Adrian nods, and throws a salute, despite himself. "Of course, Sah, back at camp. We'll send for them as soon as possible, wot!"

Xander frowns, he can help get Marek to the gatehouse when its asked he be placed there for now.

Gaheris came with nine otters and those nine still stand with only minor cuts and bruises. They played it safe and perhaps later the Skipper will feel guilty for that when others like the patrol lost so many but death marked the dark days when he became Skipper, he was more cautious than most to avoid it. Gaheris surveyed the abbey grounds and all the dead and dying. This was not what abbey should look like. The vermin were gone "Help the livin'" he told the otters before picking out a couple "Check around and make sure they're all gone then watch the walls" the last thing they needed was more trouble. A small sigh both in sadness and relief and Gaheris gets to work again, this time to help with the injured.

Ewan stumbles over , and dead bodies here don't help, he goes to grab Xander's arm.."I..I...the....blood..death.....not so safe...camp..death"He shivers and whimpers.

Benar nods, he frowns as he walks over to where Ewan is, "What?..has something else happen?"

Xander frowns.."What do you mean....did something happen at the camp?" Zolomon went back to the camp....oh no..he glaces around and back to the hare"Wot happen focus!"

Ewan gulps "T..They...ambush...all d..d...dead." He didn't see the 3 beasts that escaped.

Lee goes over to Xander and Ewan. "Xander, didn't see ye in th' midst o' th' fightin'..." He pauses, however, when something seems to be amiss.

Adrian narrows his eyes. "Wot about tha camp. Speak, Private! Who is dead?"
Benar frowns "The long patrol camp?"

Ewan whimpers "A..aLL....D.....DEAD...all....dead...chaos...."He drops down and shivers and whimpers...yeah mental breakdown and seeing things here makes it worse.."All dead....hares..some other beasts...d...dead...death..wasn't safe"

Xander eyes go wide "W..What!"He looks near panic "But Kenya is..there"Oh please don't be dead, he can't tell someone she is dead he can't..."Was Zolomon there...answer me....everyone..d..died?!"

Adrian grabs Ewan by the shoulders, and shakes him. "Get yahself togethah! Wot EXACTLY happened?"

Ewan whimpers "Ambush..vermin...blades,monitors..a fox..archers...all bad, very bad.....tired to kill me...fell in d..ditch thought was..d..dead"

'Benar is't sure how to help the hare "Get him to the infirm....I..maybe a sparrow can fly over there is someone, not alone..checks on this"

Xander shakes his head "But....no one is..alive?" A couple tears go down his face, "But...I told..someone they be safe..."He looks at Benar "K..Kenya was there..."

Benar frowns, He speaks "Your not going to check Xander..someone else can, and not Sinway either"He frowns "If she is.....there is nothing we can do...now" He sighs "Someone should tell Lord Ciocan the news if some of his hares were there..then, he should know as well."

Ewan looks between them and whimpers, he is clearly out of it here.

Adrian frowns. "This is all worse than I thought, wot."

Xander frowns and nods he will help Ewan to the infirm, he will stay inside "I...yeah someone needs to ..check the camp.."

Benar sighs and looks around "The horde has been defeated...peace can come back but it seems at a fairly high price"

Ciocan has been tended to and sits up on the cot as the surveying hares are also tended to.

Benar leads everyone into the infirm, some other beasts are in the great hall and cavern hole as he frowns and sits down in a chair nearby.

Adrian still hasn't bothered with his own wounds, as he is apparently the second most senior surviving hare left. "Has anybeast seen Sahgeant Tarsa?"

Ewan will need carried inside, a shivering mess as he whimpers and is laid on a cot on the far side of the room.

Ciocan looks over as he speaks "She.."He groans "May be downstairs......"He sees Ewan "Why is Private Ewan here?"

Xander sits down and frowns, he is unsure of saying anything or if he even can without...concern or bolting off to see if his friend is one of them or worse, wait would it be any worse..if a certain otter is there or not.

Adrian throws a salute. "Sah, our camp was ambushed. It seems only Private Ewan an' a few othahs escaped."

Ciocan looks at Adrian and Xander, well Ewan can't help right now. "The camp was attacked?!" He starts to get up and sits back down, he clears his throat "I need to know excally who survived, I need a report"

Xander frowns "May of just been...Ewan...I..I don't......"He sniffs, he will not go, he was told not to so he won't

Ciocan frowns, he closes his eyes and just lays down he has a bad headache now."Just..leave the room....I need rest"

Xander stands, he needs to check on Krisha anyways and heads out to do just that, worry shows but he has other things to tend to.
Adrian shakes his head. "I do not know, Sah. Ewan is now unconscious."

Adrian then departs the room as ordered.

Ciocan sighs, he glares at a healer who quickly backs off and then lets some much needed sleep take over.

Last edited by oz (2018-10-12 02:18:58 PM)

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

Board footer