Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-03-14 07:06:55 PM

Leon

That Was A Close Call! : Part 2-Missing Abbot/ Redwall Log

Part 1=  http://forum.rwmuck.org/viewtopic.php?id=156

Jioning since Part One:

Zolomon-Archer hare of Mossflower Defenders
Rayen-fox(On briefly)
Rupert- Historian rabbit
couple spoofed healers

=====================

Lacota sighs. "I'm sorry, lad."   

Leon sits down, " You are right Lacota...Marek wouldn’t kill a member of his own group or attack them...I know he did fight some of the vermin that " He frowns "That took Lillymoore"   

Xander frowns, seeing Oz resting he at first panics, least till he finds a pulse and then sighs in relieve. He looks to the others" We have to find out who is in charge of this vermin band...they...they killed my mom and they tried to kill Uncle Oz....they...they need to pay"   

Lacota rests a paw on Xander's shoulder. "Revenge is not the way. Justice is. Look at me, Lad. Listen to my words..."    Xander....it’s not a good thing to go off looking for them if that’s your plan right now"   

Xander holds back a snarl and makes and unmakes a fist, and slowly looks at the Friar..."But...they..."Ok big breath to calm himself, it helps a little.   

Lacota looks at the badger, kind, but firm. "Revenge will make you no better than the vermin. Remember, you're better than them, because you *don't* do what they do. If you choose to pursue them, do it for Justice... Not for Vengeance. That will only cause more pain in the end."   

Leon checks on another beast in the infirm, letting Lacota do the talking.   

Xander still makes a fist and then undoes it again as the tears flow now. "I....don't know what to...to do..."More tears come now like rain as he is a mix of sad and angry and unsure of himself at the same time.

Lacota gently slips his arm around Xander's shoulders. "Perfectly understandable, Lad. I've been where you are right now." He looks up to the ceiling, and sighs. "My wife, Krystal... She was the love of my life... My everything, and then she was stolen from me, forever, by a vermin's arrow, last spring."   

Xander frowns.."Zurrgg....Jedrick's brother...Zurrgg was in a hurry to leave and...and I saw....it was the day Zurrgg sold me to Jedrick....I know both wildcats are long dead now..." He wipes away tears.."I...I am not sure I could of handled it if Uncle Oz died too...bad enough Mom died and Dad left on his boat with the twins..."   

Lacota looks down at his left paw, the wedding band still on his finger. "I'll admit... I was... Happy, the day Zurrgg died. He took my joy from me, when he killed my wife. And trust me, just as you want to avenge your mother, I likewise wanted to kill that cat with my bare paws, because he destroyed me. But... I didn't do that. Revenge is a dark path, Xander, one that's all too easy to lose oneself on..."   

Xander frowns as he sits down "I...think I went into Bloodwrath when I had the fight with the monitor...Zolomon said my eyes went all...strange and some of the fight is a blur. I just know I thought it killed my dad and then Zolomon scream for help and....then the monitor was headless and I passed out and woke up here in the infirm with a bad headache. Maybe Quade had a point...anger issues and...w..what if it’s something I can't control some time again"   

Lacota looks at the Badger, his gaze softening. "That is something you can work on, Xander. With practice. It takes a lot of time, and dedication, however. But don't give up. You've great potential... And, I think I may have a suggestion..."   

Xander sighs but he is willing to listen "And what would that be sir?" He folds his paws in his lap and looks over at Oz's sleeping form and then back to Lacota again.   

Lacota says, "Go to Brock Hall. It is the legendary home of badgers in Mossflower, from long ago, when Martin the Warrior was still alive. Go to Brock Hall, and, perhaps, you might gain some further insight there... "   

Leon listens from where he is quietly.

Xander nods but frowns again "But...the abbot was the one with the key and it’s probably in his room, would I be allowed to go in his room while he is away or is that a no, I know the way...I think." He sighs a little" It’s not been the best past couple weeks...even if I do have my grandfather’s blade now and I have his armor...I want to be a good warrior like he was one day but not sure I can be"   

Lacota taps his chin. "Benar is my closest friend. I will see about getting the key." The squirrel blinks a bit, somewhat surprised at himself. "All I know is that it seems to me, if you want to be a good warrior like your grandfather, it's a good idea to start at the place where one of the greatest badger warriors ever once lived."   

Xander asks, "You mean Brockhall? I have meet the recent badger lord..Lord Ciocan, he is very tall and has a war hammer. He fights but he also had times when it seemed he was just reading or working in his forge or just walking around. I heard he practiced and stayed in shape and I know that’s important from what Uncle Zee and even Marek said. To Stay in shape and always be alert when out and about. To help others weather it’s to save them from a bad beast or...well to maybe sweep a room."

Xander says, "ALSO to always tell the truth, like I did with the cookie jar, I even replaced it and made new cookies, even if those tasks took a couple weeks"   

Lacota nods. "And I was very appreciative of that. Not all beasts are that openly honest to me, probably because of my fearsome reputation..."

Xander manages a weak smile, "Your...not fearsome...much, unless someone does something in the kitchens then it’s understandable I think. And don’t worry I don’t plan on going back in there"   

Lacota shrugs. "I don't mind if you do. You're on my short list of beasts that I don't mind visiting the kitchens."   

Xander nods "I could...help maybe, wash some dishes or cut up some veggies as it could destress me some. I...I don’t know. Or make more cookies I have learned to make them...I can make...well something else but it be frowned upon as that Jedrick made me cook for him and...it didn’t always go well"   

Lacota nods, smiling some. "I would welcome any of that you've suggested, Lad." His smile falters some. "You're the son of... One of my dearest friends... I feel... Obligated to honor her memory by looking out for you, understand? If you ever want to talk, whatever... I'm here."   

Xander nods slowly, "I...I will remember that sir...I wonder if I had been there if she still would of..."He shakes his head "She went to the ship and got up guess to get supplies...then father "He flashes back to Takeo carrying in Zinnia, right after the abbot went missing...."Father found her, but she was dead and he carried her back to the abbey...I was there when he brought her inside, it was right after Benar was kidnapped. I also agree with father...mom may of known who had Benar...overheard maybe and they killed her so she wouldn’t and they killed her at a close range too"   

Lacota frowns. "Xander, there's nothing any beast could have done. If you'd been there, you might be dead now, too. Believe me, I had the very same thoughts after my wife died..." He sighs, softly. "I do agree, though... She probably knew. We can only hope Benar has not suffered a similar fate..."   

Xander frowns more now "I hope not either...but wouldn’t someone of brought her back here if he was...if Benar was dead?"   

Zolomon peeks into the infirm, he hides a pastry behind his back as he looks back and forth, curious as to whom is in here.   

Xander glances over at the hare and frowns, but his focus remains on the Friar   

Lacota shrugs. "It's best not to dwell too much on that..." He spots the hare. "You. Have you been raiding my pantry again?"   

Zolomon blinks and starts to back up "I....raid is a strong word so why is Xandy in the infirm?"   

Xander frowns, "Someone tried to kill Uncle Oz. They didn’t manage to he is alive but needs some rest...And..And I want to really really go...like rip someone's throat out, but I won’t...cause I could get hurt or worse. I do plan on trying to find out whats going on but after I calm down....like bake cookies or work with pottery some, that’s relaxing "

Zolomon nods and quickly stuffs the rest of a pasty in his mouth and almost coughs "Wait someone tried to kill Oz..when was that’s, where was that?"   

Lacota glares at Zolomon. "Don't change the subject, you long-eared thief..."   

Xander steps away from the Friar slightly but answers the question "Today." He says quietly and looks between the two   

Zolomon starts to say something and sees the Friar's look and his ears droop, "Well maybe I bally well can..go on a patrol, yeah sounds good maybe that champion fellow needs some help, I will check"

Lacota says, "You'll stay right here, till you tell me where that pastry came from."

The only other one awake in the infirm is Brother Leon and he is...well busy tending to beasts like Oz and Rayen and some vole with a splinter in their footpad.

Xander just sits by Oz, still worried about him and half listens to the Friar and the hare.

Zolomon frowns "Umm...it...ok on a tray in the kitchens, but it smelled really good and I was hungry so..it was just one little pasty, would it be that missed my good friar?"

Lacota hmmphs. "You'll bake me a second one to replace it."

Zolomon looks shocked "I...ya see I don’t cook so"

Xander frowns as he listens, yep let the hare handle it, that sounds fair

A couple novice healers start to walk in and then decide to go elsewhere, like chores and all

Xander stands now and quietly walks out, not to worry he will stay in the abbey and off the walls, he heads to towards the kitchen yard, pottery was a good idea to get his mind off things

Leon just watches the badger leave, looks over at the hare and Friar and sighs. He gets back to his healer  work.

==Hour or so later=

Leon had been busy today and was thinking of a break, just a small one would be good.   

Rayen stayed ever silent, in her deep faint and so far showing no signs of getting better or even sighs of waking up soon. She was breathing and that was clear, but that was her only true sign of life so far.   

Leon checks on the vixen and frowns, a novice healer stays close by "She hasn’t  woken Brother Leon, not since..." He nods "I know, I know"   

Rayen clearly just breaths, maybe a little slower than before but that’s not clear either. She did move her tail once but that was all and it was just slightly.   

Leon nods and changes bandages, it’s all he can do besides reapply herbs and make sure the wounds are clean. "I don’t need any other beasts hurt, or missing, this is not been a good week and Oz almost being killed made it a worse week, don’t think I would be sane right now had he died too."   

A groans shows Oz is awake as he listens, he stays still as his shoulder is still painful, "Brother...Leon, any news...good or bad, both is fine"   

Leon walks over to Oz "Well your alive, that’s good news...bad news Rayen isn’t getting any better and Xander is stressed, I just hope he doesn’t try and go out."   

The badger nods "Me as well...could you help me get the vest off, its uncomfortable to sleep in"   

Leon nods as he calls over an otter and they both help slip the bark leather vest off, "Not sure it can be fixed and the one picture book is ruined, but hey there are least other picture books and it and the vest saved your life or we wouldn’t have you around now"   

Oz nods and looks over at Rayen, "She still has  a chance, with you and Angela helping her"   

Leon frowns "Angela has sort of closed herself off in a room, she eats in there and sleeps in there....least there is just you and Rayen as injured, I can’t do much for stress except tell beasts to rest please and most will and a few won’t"   

Rayen stays...well in the deep faint as Oz tries to get comfortable and starts to shake his head and ouch that hurt, he frowns “Guess I should be happy it’s just a dislocated shoulder and that it was put back into place, still hurts like blazes though and I can't move the arm at all"   

Leon nods "It will swell some, but then it will go down...some beast told me cold helps swelling, we could try some snow, it’s the only time something cold is really around....if it works"   

Oz hmms "We did that in the snowy north, it did help some yes and I am willing to try anything...though I will stay in the infirm as you wish for a few days or so"

Leon nods and gets some snow and folds it into a rag and lays in carefully on the badger's shoulder."Maybe like....15 minutes, give or take a minute or so"   

Oz tenses up at first and then speaks "It does help some, thank you Leon"   

Leon smiles some "Your welcome Oz , I am here to make sure no beast is in pain and to try my best to heal beasts, may not always succeed but I try my best to"   

The badger nods "You do good, you do and beasts know you are trying to help Rayen"   

Leon says, "I know, but as a healer I also know I can't save everyone, I wish I could but I know I can't and it does upset me. Even if...with Zinnia a healer was there right away would of done no good, when I saw the arrow in your robes...same basic please I was thinking not again but you were moving and still breathing and then I saw the book with the arrow and under the robes the bark leather vest and decided to ask questions later. Xander carried you to the infirm, real slowly like I asked him to"

Oz nods "I was glad he did, he was worried I could tell but I couldn’t speak well...the pain was bad and I think that just scared Xander worse...where is he anyways...he didn’t go out, please say he didn’t"   

Leon shakes his head "No...a novice said he was working on pottery, heard him say earlier it was relaxing, think we all need to find something relaxing, yes still be on alert but try and relax...stress is not good for any beast. I have some but I try and get my mind off the fact Lilymoore is missing, I let Dorarose cry on my shoulder, I keep telling Caleb it will be alright, they will be found and then pray I don’t become some lier"   

Oz frowns "You can’t control what happens, some beast knows where Lilymoore and Benar is and we will get them back and alive, if they are injured we tend to them. We keep hope alive"   

Leon says, "Sometimes that’s hard to do and even harder if things go on to long. I also believe my life, Lacota's and maybe Magramba's is in danger as well. I have to go out and collect needed herbs for the infirm, some are just starting to poke through the snow and some we don’t have yet in the infirm, as they tend to grow in the woods first. And I always leave some in the woods and know where to find it for later if needed. "

Oz nods in agreement "Always wise maybe take a guard or two"   

Rupert doesn't knock he just walks on it and frowns " Wot is all this disastrous mayhem going on, I must say it needs to stop...oh my Oz Winters, you are injured, what happen...some misfortune, some villain?"   

Oz frowns at the voice "Rupert, it’s alright my shoulder is out of place or...well was. What brings you to the abbey?"   

Leon folds his arms over his chest, what is with beasts just walking into his infirm and complaining.   

Rupert says, "The roads are violent lately and I heard or misheard dreadful news I hope is wrong....Zinnia Winters, is she?"   

Oz looks away "Yes she was killed, her funeral happen already and she is in the graveyard here. Someone...killed her." A tear goes down his face.

Leon nods "Arrow to the chest, in the heart and someone tried to do the same to Oz, a book and a bark leather vest saved him thanks to a warning from Martin himself. Also Rayen is badly injured and in a deep faint. Our abbot is missing as is my daughter and it seems Marek is now missing as well"   

Rupert adjusts his glasses "Marek Redthorn is missing? I can't say know too much of him but Zee Winters assured me he was a good beast and he is a very good cook and tavern owner...then whom is in charge of his tavern till he is found?"   

Oz frowns "Maybe Zaram, I don’t know."   

Leon shrugs as he has no clue either, "Not left much and I may have an idea...is Thunderwing around Oz...he and I have...well flown before and I do trust him"   

Rupert says, "A mouse on an eagles back sounds like an excellent thing to paint a picture of"   

Oz nods "Yes but not sure where, somewhere close and maybe, we are dealing with a skilled archer, so I say careful"   
Leon says, "I know, but he is also fairly scary at times, think most would leave an eagle alone"   

Rupert says, "Eagles are large and can be deadly, but having one as a friend is grand indeed"   

"I trust the eagle with my life" Oz states "and I am sure he would protect all here. In fact Rupert stay at the abbey, least for now as its most likely safer"   

Rupert sighs "Very well I will stay, for now as the roads are dreadful right now"   
Leon says, "I say you be welcome and the food and drink here is very good Rupert and you can have a bed in the guest room "

Oz nods "Its settled then Rupert is an abbey guest till further notice"   

Rupert nods "Now if you excuse me I need a meal and then some rest" He walks out and back into the hallway.   

Leon sighs "Today has been way to long"

Oz would sit up but that would cause pain " Things will get better, I am sure they will. One thing of me being in here is whoever the archer is, thinks me dead. Could be good or bad and since only guards will be on the walltops....well"

Leon says, "Yes could be good or bad true...who besides Sister Ginny is helping with dibbuns?"   

Oz thinks "Well a couple novices. I may see if Xander wants to help a couple days "

Leon says, "Caleb will still help with reading and writing if you want him to"

Oz nods and smiles "That would be good thank you"   

Leon says, "Glad you have help and maybe the dibbuns can cheer up Xander as well, dibbuns do have a well of cheering beasts up I think."

Oz smiles "They do, they also know when one is down. I am surprised they haven’t tried to come into the infirm yet"

Leon chuckles a little "Give them time, most likely tomorrow and you know what I will let them in here, for a few minutes anyways"

Oz yawns " They would like that I am sure. I am going to get some rest. Goodnight Leon"

Leon nods "Goodnight Oz, and let me know if shoulder starts hurting too bad or have a novice tell me" He decides to check on Dorarose and Caleb, then he will be back to the infirm a little later in the evening.

I play
Cota-grandson of Dorarose
Micco-Leader of the Gawtribe

Board footer