Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-03-14 07:02:43 PM

Leon

That Was A Close Call! : Part 1-Missing Abbot/ Redwall Log

Redwall Log:

Leon-Brother and Master Healer of Redwall
Oz-Badger Mother
Lacota-Friar of Redwall
Xander-Warrior in Training
Quade- New Leader of Mossflower Defenders
Bolt-evil fox

** Brother Leon doesn’t enter the role play right away but all of this is till important to the plot**

RW Abbey: Entry
------------------------------
You stand on a grassy sward between two cottages.  To the south you see a small, calm pond.  To the north lies an open space where the Abbey has its feasts in the warmer seasons. To the east is the Great Hall, a massive structure that rises far above the abbey walls and is completed with large towers that pierce upwards into the sky.  The main building is completed with a large, iron banded door that would allow one into the Great Hall. 
Its Winter!
------------------------------------
Quade has on his hooded cloak and waits by the wall, pressed to the wall where there is a couple trees and stays quiet

Bolt waited till the guards moved and slipped over to Quade, longbow and arrows in paw "So..what now boss" He smiles slowly "Who's life do I get to end before lunch?"   

Quade answers "Just get to the grasslands, the tall grass should hide you with that brown cloak, especially with the white spots on it....I am going to trick the blind caretaker into thinking someone wishes to speak to him on the walltop, you wait till he is the only one there...as I will get him to be above here and you fire off your arrow and then get out of here"

Bolt nods "Course boss...then we meet up at base right? I want to be there when Marek wakes up."   

Quade says, "Yes now be ready" He then slowly heads inside "Then later we meet at base"   

Quade has looked around and frowns, a sigh escapes his lips how is he supposed to get on with plans if he can't find someone.   

Oz is late coming out today, an odd dream bothered him and he decided to just go with it. He has on his tunic and warm cloak for winter, and something else under the tunic that he normally didn’t wear, but decided to last minute before doing his daily walk around the abbey grounds.   

Quade spots the badger and then taking a deep breath he rushes over "Hey Oz...Magramba wanted to speak to you on the western wall top, by the corner said it was important." Oh he makes it sound so very very convincing, yes a talent he has and has practiced in the past, he is good at his skill.   

Xander is in the open ground and glances over at Oz and Quade, he shakes his head and starts to head to the entry.   

Oz raises an eyebrow, "Fine Quade." He starts to ask why and decides to just go find out, if it’s important, then it’s important as he goes up the stairs and frowns as he gets to where it was mentioned...something didn't feel right as if the squirrel was there he would be saying something right away, he starts to back up to the stairs that are closer.   

Bolt hides in the tall grasses, His longbow..with arrow, already out and ready. The brown with white dots cloak hides him well and he could stand still for a good hour or two if needed. Just as his boss said, well for the moment, take aim...and he fires off the arrow with a smirk.   

Oz worries are quickly answered as the arrow hits in an arrow that would normally be fatal, but he has hidden under his robes and tunic a thick bark leather vest and the arrow sinks mostly into that, and a dibbun picture book he picked up from his room to return to the library...well that book is ruined but hey both saved his life and the arrow just barely nicks his skin, what ends up being torturing  pain is when the surprise makes him stumble backwards onto a patch of ice, and then fall backwards down the first couple steps. He manages to avoid injury...well most, his right shoulder slams onto a step and is knocked out of place as he tenses up in pain and growls deeply. He raises his good paw and holds his shoulder tightly as pain shoots across his whole arm and shoulder blade area.   

Quade glances over his shoulder and then walks to the entry, yes he saw it hit but pretends he didn’t, he needs to get to the road and check on something else while the abbey beasts check on the badger, which he believes to be a waste of time.   

Xander clearly saw it and right away is rushing to the steps and up them skipping like 4 steps at first and is at Oz's side, he fears the worse at first but he can see he is alive and checks on how, finding the bark leather vest and blinks, he shakes his head he can figure it out later, worry in his voice "Uncle Oz.....Uncle Oz please say something."   

Leon steps out of the infirm just in time to see Xander bolt to the steps, he looks over and quickly goes up himself and he rarely goes to the wall top cause of..well reasons, he has his reasons, "Oz!" He starts to check him right away and notes the vest "Your wearing...you don’t wear this..ok I will ask why later as this just saved your life." He checks for any other injuries as its clear there is pain somewhere "What is hurting?" He checks the arrow, ok normal arrow and lays it aside as even if it just nicked the skin he checked it still.   

Oz growls in pain as he takes a few deep breath, "Shoulder....."He gets out before taking another deep breath. Nothing else is hurt except maybe a skinned paw from trying to catch himself.   

Quade meanwhile as went outside, it was easy as attention was quickly elsewhere once the squirrel Quade mentioned the badger got shot down with an arrow and he was , well supposedly, chasing after the one who may of done it. Not totally a lie, but part way it was as yeah he was following the fox but not to punish, to reward.   

Xander goes to lay a paw on Oz's good arm and frowns in worry, he watches Leon tend to Oz, "Should I go track down who did this..they...they could of killed him!"   

Leon shakes his head "No and you listen to me as till Benar is back me, Oz, Lacota and Magramba is in charge you’re not racing after this archer whom is most likely who knows where now. I also need your help seeing as you’re the only other badger here since Takeo left...And the and strongest...maybe the strongest beast here" He then speaks to Oz "Oz..can you stand....or maybe..never mind Xander can you carry him to the infirm?" Again he knows Xander is like the only one who could right now.   

Oz starts to shake his head and tenses up in pain again, ok that hurt a lot. His shoulder is out of place and mostly all he can do is sort of sit up but standing would require him to be able to use his arms to grip something and there is way too much pain for that right now.   

Xander nods and carefully lifts Oz slowly, he grunts a little but manages as he carefully goes down the steps, and slowly as well as slowly to the infirm as to not jolt his uncle any and make this any worse, “I got ya Uncle Oz, don't worry"   

Leon sighs and follows them to the infirm and across the open ground.   

Oz allows himself to be carried, not that he has a choice. This is the 2nd time since being at Redwall he has been carried, the first time a much greater distance, the first time by his brother some seasons ago when the fox Stormfeather was defeated and he was carried a good couple hours and brought back to the abbey. This 2nd time is just down steps and across the open ground to the infirm, a much shorted route and only a few minutes of time.   

RW Abbey:Infirm
------------------------------------------
Several beds are lined against the red sandstone walls of the Abbey's Infirmary. An examination table, separated from the rest of the room by hanging blankets, rests against the far wall.  Tucked into a small alcove is a sizeable workbench with various containers for mixing and preparing medicinal compounds.  Against another wall is a desk for use by the Infirmary Keeper.  A curtained off alcove behind the desk hides a locked door to the Infirmary's supplies and linens.
------------------------------------------------------

Xander gets him to the infirm and gently lays him on a cot and stays beside him.   

Leon steps inside and frowns "Ok Xander now listen, and you too Oz...Xander I need you to get that shoulder back into place placing a paw here...and here, it should pop back into place and your need to push hard...you won’t hurt him before you ask, yes there will be a lot of pain but it will be a lot more if it stays like that." He then speaks to Oz "And Oz just...don't know, grip the bed side and try and hold still, as I said this...will seriously hurt and I am sorry ahead of time but it needs done"   

Oz nods as he seems as ready as he ever will be "Just...do it...Already in....extreme pain as it is...can't be any worse than already in...."   

Xander looks ready to cry but nods as he swallows and places his paws where Leon showed him and whimpers a little..."Ok..Uncle Oz...ready..1...2....3..."Ok he just pushes the shoulder back into place, once done he frowns knowing that probably hurt "Sorry sorry sorry"   

Leon watches as he stands close by, there isn’t much he can do till it’s back in place.   

Oz feels the shoulder pop back into place and yells out in pain, you would think it wouldn’t hurt as much going back in place as it did out of place. A couple deep deep breaths as pain like this also makes one pass out, his pulse and breathing is a little fast at first but gets back to normal in a short little while. The shoulder will still be swollen, the scrap on his paw is minor.   

Xander now let’s some tears fall as he looks worried and only relaxes a little when he sees he is still breathing "W..W....Will he be ok Brother Leon?"   

Leon cleans the paw and bandages it, and nods for Xander to lift Oz so he can place the right arm in a sling "Yes....but he won’t be able to use this arm for a week or two...but if he didn’t have the bark leather vest on...he been dead, that arrow would of hit him in the heart. I am not sure why Oz worn the thick bark leather vest, and the book happen to be in the right place...but it saved his life. The arrow nicked him slightly, but it’s a normal arrow" He does check the nicked skin and nods "Didn’t even draw blood...you can stay in the infirm till he wakes up, I will have some willow bark tea for the pain as he will still be in a good deal of pain, not as much but yeah...some"   

Xander sniffs "Why...why try and kill Uncle Oz?" He holds Oz's good paw and stays by his side, watching his chest rise and fall before looking to Leon.   

Oz is sort of passed out for now   

Leon says, "I don’t know...."He frowns "Unless someone found out who would be in charge while Benar is missing, which could very well mean me, Friar Lacota and Magramba could very well be targets as well""   

Xander frowns, ok worry now "Should we go warn them?"

Oz groans as he starts to wake up, he tenses up a little as his shoulder still hurts badly, he can tell he has a sling and the right paw is bandaged as he takes a deep breath and just tries to relax some.   

Xander frowns "I can find...."And then his attention focuses on Oz "Uncle Oz...your awake, are you ok...."Ok willow bark tea he remembers and quickly gets it offering it to oz.   

Leon nods "Later..." He checks on Oz "Hey Oz..try not to move the shoulder, or may be best to just not move much at all for day or two, then just take things slow, and drink the tea Xander has please it will help with the pain"   

Lacota storms into the room. "Can some beast PLEASE tell me why there's a guard downstairs saying Oz has been shot?" He looks around at the others. "Tell me what happened. Did Oz go outside the gate?"   

Oz doesn't speak right off and slowly sips on the tea, long as Xander can hold it instead for now, he frowns. He hears Lacota but has yet to say anything due to being in a lot of pain.   

Xander holds the tea and frowns "Uncle Oz was on the walltops...yes he was shot with an arrow but he had had the bark leather vest on, and some book..." He points to a ruined picture book with an arrow in it, there is also, most likely, a hold in Oz’s robes and the bark leather is still on(right?) "He stumbled backwards and knocked his shoulder out of place but its back in place now."   

Leon frowns "Please don’t storm into my infirm...someone from the grasslands...woods...fired an arrow at Oz when he was on the walltops and clearly meant to kill him....which got me thinking someone may know You, Me. Oz and Magramba is ones in charge till Benar is found so...well we may want to be extra careful as we could be in danger as well"   

Oz speaks, pain shows in his voice. "I..." Tenses up..pain, a lot of pain..." am fine...just pain" He sips some more of the tea and coughs a little.   

Lacota hmphs, frowning. "Me, in danger? I hardly think..." He shakes his head. "I'll talk to Magramba. In the meantime, I'm exercising my authority to ban all abbey beasts besides Magramba or the guards, from the walltops. This includes you, too, Leon, Oz. If what you say is true, then the wall is now unsafe."   

Xander frowns, "Maybe someone saw something. I was the only other one in the open ground and saw uncle Oz fall down the first couple stairs and....before that he was talking to someone else, but they left and I don’t know where they went. I could go to the Defenders and tell Mar....."He frowns, "I mean..Quade about this...he is sort of the leader now" He frowns as if he dislikes this, but has to put up with it.   

Leon nods "I rarely go on the walls....just it’s rare and today was cause of Oz getting shot" He looks at Xander "I though Marek was the leader of the Defenders..."   

Oz manages to speak, slowly through pain" It would be wise...to avoid the wall tops for now...and appears I...I am stuck in the infirm few days, I also won’t be able to life anything for a week or....not sure"   

Leon answers "Couple weeks, your shoulder needs to recover even if it’s back in place now it’s going to swell up some before it feels better"   

Lacota looks at Xander. "Quade, that rude, disagreeable squirrel I met here a week or so ago? Why on earth is he leading the Defenders?"   

Xander frowns "He claimed Marek attacked him and that Marek killed some otter named Ivy....I..I don't know, he was hurt and no one seen Marek since couple days ago" He looks away "I ...don’t like Quade...he said I had anger issues and...and was nothing but a child still and lacked skills."   

Leon frowns also "I know Quade that well but you do have skills Xander...you fought and killed a monitor and very few can do that and still be breathing"   

Oz finishes the tea before replying "Quade was in the .....open ground earlier, not sure where after that....."He decides to just try and relax and let the herbs ease the pain best they can.   

Lacota harumphs. "I personally detest Marek intensely... But randomly attacking a beast... That's just not his style. I find the claim hard to believe. As for that Quade... I don't trust him. I cannot fathom why he's still being allowed in the Abbey. I voiced my concerns to Benar before he was taken... I voiced my concerns to the rest of the Elder Council, and to Magramba, and yet Quade can still freely come and go as he pleases... Call me paranoid, but there is just... Something wrong with that squirrel, even if I can't put my finger on what, exactly..."   

Xander says, "I could...keep an eye on him, but at same time not make it look like I am""   

Oz frowns "He...he told me Magramba wanted to talk to me...on the wall, I don’t know if he was on the wall and left or..."A thought...nahh just some random thing or chance as he feels where the bark leather vest is still with his paw before speaking again "Last night....had a dream, it was odd....Martin wanted me to wear Zork's old bark leather vest and seemed to think my no answer was bad...at first I didn’t wear it and then after breakfast I put it on....."   

Lacota crosses his arms. "Would you do that, Xander? Be careful, though. Don't let Quade catch on. In the meantime, I'm going to speak to Magramba again about him.   

Leon says, "May be a good idea...and Magramba could of left if some beast needed him, but still sounds...odd. And was a good thing you listened to Martins advice or...well we be planning another funeral, whoever shot the arrow was out in the woods or grasslands and they hit Oz on the walltops, this means a skilled archer and that skilled archer plan was to kill Oz not just have him wounded somehow."   

Xander nods " "I will be careful...."He frowns "Think the same archer...kill..."He closes his eyes "Killed mom..."   

Oz sighs sadly at the mention of Zinnia. The badger lets sleep overtake him and sleep is probably good right now"

I play
Cota-grandson of Dorarose
Micco-Leader of the Gawtribe

Board footer