Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-03-02 04:08:39 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

Xander has his swordsie. Lily thinks it's pretty XD

This log happens about 2 or 3 hours after this log: http://forum.rwmuck.org/viewtopic.php?id=123
This log is referenced: http://forum.rwmuck.org/viewtopic.php?id=121

SCENE: Ferravale Tavern

CHARACTERS:  Marek, a male stoat; Zaram, a male mole.  Xander, a male badger.  LilyMoore, a female mouse; Blisa, a female cat; Valerie, a vixen; Ferdinand, a male ferret.

LOG:

Xander is eating some fish and salad and has been quiet a while before he does finally talk "So...am I allowed in the fighting pits now?" He has on his back a new, well not really new, blade.   

Marek stops cleaning a mug and looks at the badger, he still has his tunic on from earlier and has yet to sew where the sleeve was cut, and he has a bandage on as he sits the mug aside "No...still off limits for now, earlier it was needed" 

The door to the tavern opens, and Blisa comes in, flanked by Ferdinand and Valerie....and LilyMoore. As the other 3 goes over to a booth, the mousemaid looks around the tavern, trying to find someone. When she does, her face lights up, and she runs over to him. "Marek!" She waves to the badger. "Hi, Xander!"   

Xander frowns, but decides to listen "Alright sir. I was just hoping....but it's ok." He folds his paws in his lap "Your arm ok...."He waves at Lilymoore.   

Marek smiles at Lilymoore "Hello Lilymoore...and to you Mr. Xander I am fine, it will heal as I have said. I have had much worse trust me"   

LilyMoore offers her friend a hug. "What happened to your arm? Are you okay?" She looks concerned. She hasn't noticed the badger's sword yet.   

Xander nods, he frowns a little as he keeps the blade on his back and then eats a little more fish quietly for now and sips some water. 

Marek allows the hug and hugs her in return, "It is fine Lilymoore, just a bit of a..." Well he can't say fight can he?  Sure "A fight in the fighting pits"   

LilyMoore frowns. "Why were you in the fighting pits? ....or....well, if it's private, you don't have to let me know." She turns to the badger. "Are you okay? You look a little sad."

Xander answers "It's nothing and I am not sad"  He smiles as he stands and draws his blade, "I have my blade, MY  blade. The Blade of The Northwind Storms. It took a while to get...and tests and stuff, but I got through it all, all of them."

Marek watches Xander "You have earned the right to wield it Mr. Xander" He looks to Lilymoore "A bit of a test is all and I lost, and the more worthy one didn't lose"

LilyMoore smiles now. "That's great! Congratulations!" Looking at her friend's arm, she adds, "Well, okay. I'm glad it wasn't a real fight, then. Don't let Valerie check it; she accidentally made herself drunk from one of her experiments, and she still has hangover." "TRAITOR." the vixen growls from where she's sitting as Blisa and Ferdinand struggle to not chuckle.   

Xander smiles, "Grandfather was the last to truly wield it, but Uncle Zee did wield it for like a short while" 

Marek nods "Not a real fight, the real fight was earlier in the woods and luckily no one was seriously hurt...well no friends"

LilyMoore nods. "Well, I'm glad you have it now," she tells the badger honestly. "Momma told us about it last night. I'm glad that you got the Dibbuns back....although she said that it seemed a little /too/ easy."

Xander says, "I fought a fox who almost beat me, but I got help. I am still learning to fight well but mistakes could end badly, so I need to practice a lot more and just stay more alert even when a bad beast is knocked down, they could still get up again"

Marek says, "Yes you could of been killed. Always stay alert even if it seems you have won, you may not of won just yet"

LilyMoore frowns. "But Momma said that there weren't enough guards to really prevent the Dibbuns from getting rescued...even if they did have one powerful enough to beat a badger, inexperienced he may be." Ferdinand comes over and smiles. "Could we pleathe have thome tea and thconeth? I heard about the fight," he adds as he gives the stoat the money required. "Mith Dora theemed....thuthpiciouth of how eathy it went. I'm jutht glad you are all alright." He is silently hoping that this is the end of the junk in Mossflower.

Xander frowns as he remembers, but not how he got back "How did I get to Ferravale afterwards anyways, don't remember much after I passed out"

Marek says, "It did seem easy but it was a small group of vermin. And that badger Mr.....Takeo? Carried you here"

LilyMoore sits on a stool and listens. Ferdinand gets the food and tea and heads back to the others.  Blisa is glaring at her paperwork.

Xander nods, "I was sore and worn out. I guess the fox made this squirrel like really REALLY mad."  He frowns some remembering watching the...punch fest?

Marek cleans up the counter top some as he gets a few drinks for a few rats, "Mr. Xander's training will start in a week, most likely in the Defenders base and no Fighting pits, not the best place to train"   

Xander says, "And I promise to pay attention and do my best and always be on time"

LilyMoore digs out a few coins. "May I have some tea? I have some money." She smiles at the badger. "Mom and my uncle have been training me. Swords are a lot heavier than they look." But her Bellringer training has helped a lot with her muscle development.

Marek nods "I am sure you will Mr. Xander" He smiles at Lilymoore as he gets the tea and returns with it "I do hope you don't plan to return to the abbey alone and to remember to travel during the day light hours"

Xander says, "I hope to be a good warrior like Grandfather Zork was and be just as great as he was with the blade"   

LilyMoore smiles. "Oh, don't worry, I'll wait until Blisa or Mom or Uncle Emyuil take me back home." Turning to the badger, she says, "I believe that you'll be a wonderful Warrior." 

Marek stands as he heads to the back, Zaram whispers to him as he frowns "What do you mean we are out of pepper...wonderful" The mole shrugs as Marek heads to the back to check   

Xander smiles as he traces the sword with his paw and then places it back in its case. He smiles "I should tell Uncle Oz I have it now, I am sure I can take it inside to least the entry for a short while, I know he cant see it but he could touch it"

LilyMoore smiles and sips her tea.  "I think that'd make him really happy.  I bet he'll be so proud of you.  You did a good job."  She sips her tea again.  "What did you have to do to earn it?"

Xander answers "A lot of this chest...that chest and Marek had the last one. He told me to give him the key and so I did and...the sword was in the chest but then he closed it and told me to follow him to the fighting pit and....well....we fought, draw first blood and...I won"

LilyMoore listens attentively.  "Good job!  Marek's a good fighter; you must be very skilled to have beaten him."  Swinging her feet, she adds, "It sounds kind of like an adventure."

Xander says, "It was and one beast who had it was on the western shore, that was interesting...well some of it was"

"Oooooh, neat-o! Did you meet the Badger Lord? Were you able to go swimming in the ocean?" Lily is eager to hear all about the badger's adventures.

Xander smiles "Lord Ciocan is very VERY tall and...well serious at times but nice also....but once when I  was climbing a book shelf in the library he got me down from the top cause he was like the only one that could and just sort of sat me down in a chair and walked away. I was smaller then course" He stands "I should get back to the abbey and show Uncle Oz I got the family blade....see ya later!" And...he is gone , out the door and down the street.

Lily waves, then takes her tea and rejoins Blisa, who is still working on her paperwork in between dealing with villager's problems.  Ferdinand and Valerie are playing a card game that does not involve gambling.  Pulling out a book, the mousemaid settles down to her story about Martin the Warrior, smiling contentedly, sure that life will all work out right. 

~*END*~

Thanks for reading! smile

Board footer