Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-03-01 09:38:51 PM

The_Brony_Marek

Dibbuns Rescued-Defender Log

Marek led the group through the woods “So you saw them close by then Mr. Quade?”

Quade nods “From a tree and then I left right away and found you guys so we could get the little ones back to the safety of the abbey. I guess I was lucky I was not followed.”

The dibbuns are well guarded by a couple ferrets and a rat, as well as a tall reddish fox. The dibbuns shiver and a couple cry.

Zolomon has his longbow ready “I say chaps…and lass…we fill some vermin full of arrows for taking dibbuns wot”

Xander scans the area and frowns as he looks for his sister among the dibbuns and vermin here, he grips the sword he has with him, yes he could of easily had his grandfather’s sword by now but this was more important, find and save his sister and the rest of the dibbuns as well.

Tanya lays down curled up by some stones looking sad and scared at the same time. She every so often looks around only to sneeze a couple times .

Thunderwing arrives and does his best to stay hidden, but he does stay quiet as he clacks his beck clearly wanting to attack here and now

Quade looks at the bird “Calm down my feathered friend we will slip in soon, these things take time and the right moment”

Takeo asks, "So we attack soon yes?"

Marek speaks “We do not just rush in, Mr. Quade is correct on that issue”

Xander frowns “We can’t just sit all day and watch them, what…what if they sell them to a slaver or try and kill them, they have my sister”

Thunderwing peers down at a nearby rat and when it strays too far he quickly slams his talons into it and glares down at it, well that would leave 2 rats, a couple weasels and that fox still.

The rat barely makes a sound and doesn't seem to be missed by the other vermin whom are watching the dibbuns.

Takeo stays behind a tree and watches the vermin walking around trying to figure out the best way to attempt to get closer.

Zolomon stays where he can fire off arrows when needed towards vermin.

Tanya whimpers as she looks around. she dislikes being here and that’s clear.

Marek singles for the others to start to surround the vermin band.

Quade goes into the trees and disappears.

Up in another tree, Feisty glances down at the vermin after receiving Marek's signal.  He draws a knife silently from a well-oiled leather sheath at his hip, holding it in a reverse grip and waiting for his target to pass below.

Xander is still new to this but he is learning and doing fairly well so far. He slips behind another tree and edges closer and makes sure hos foot paws make no noise or least very little, maybe move when a weasel moves or when a rat takes a step.

Thunderwing claws go around the rat he slayed and he drags it away a fair distance before he flaps off towards the river.

She could've been born a squirrel.  Then she could be up a tree, like Feisty.  Or she could've been born a mole; then she could burrow and come up in the middle of the group of vermin with a surprise tunnel.  Or a bird, even, like Thunderwing.  But nooooOOOOooooo; DoraRose just had to be born a mouse.  Mice have no special abilities.  They're just average.  So she makes up for it with her gigantic axe, Nightsong.  And her sword.  She is hiding behind a huge elm tree, peeking cautiously at the enemy.  When she sees Marek's signal, she cautiously ducks behind a bush when none of the vermin are looking and starts to stealthily sneak around, her axe held in both paws, ready to strike at a moment's notice.

Like a shadow, Emyuil flits between the trees, circling in the opposite direction from his sister DoraRose. His black sword, daubed with charcoal so it won't shine enough to give away his position, is clutched with white knuckles. His jaw is clenched, and his heart begins to speed up in anticipation of the imminent ambush.   

Marek slips behind a weasel and lays a sword at their throat and as the weasel starts to move he slices their throat and the weasel falls, well looks like a rat and a couple weasels now, oh and that fox as he holds back a snarl. The other vermin start to notice their buddies are missing and that’s when its decided to start taking these vermin out.

Quade watches from a tree and keeps an eye on where the vermin on and slips from a tree to get nearer to the dibbuns, getting their attention to follow him quietly.   

One ferret wanders towards Feisty's tree warily, out of his allies' line of sight, sealing his fate. The Highlander squirrel swoops down like an acrobat, silently clamping a paw over the vermin's mouth and slashing open the beast's throat smoothly and easily, waiting for his victim to bleed to unconsciousness, soon to be death, before dragging him out of sight.

Tanya looks at Quade and frowns, she lets out a small whimper and seems unsure of him, but then finally starts to follow him but she is a little behind the other dibbuns.   

Xander makes a mental note where everyone is before he slips closer. He nods to Quade and will act as a sort of watch their backs if any vermin try and follow the dibbuns, he grips the blade he has and stands by the path. The fox sees him and looks ready to attack the young badger.   

Takeo counts how many vermin are left, looks like a rat or two and a fox. This rescue seemed a little too easy, but then again how many vermin want to be out and about causing trouble in winter time. He frowns as he looks over at the fox and Xander and starts to make his way over to them quickly.   

DoraRose sees the signal to attack and literally leaps out of the bushes, axe swinging as she refrains from roaring (even though she really wants to). Dibbun stealers deserve to be terrified by a silent foe. Swinging, she ducks a swing from a weasel and swings again, a growl forming in her chest. She doesn't do silent fights very well, no matter how hard she tries.   

Emyuil sees his sister moving forward, and hurls himself through the trees, trying to match his sister's silence other than his ragged breathing as he barrels towards a rat, swinging his sword down in an attempt to decapitate his foe.   

Marek Keeps an eye on where the last of the vermin are and looks around as Quade disappears for a short while and reappears near him, "Get the dibbuns to Redwall Mr. Quade while the rest of us finish off the rest of the vermin" A rat suddenly becomes a head shorter and the weasel gets a good size slash from the mouse maid and then swings its blade at her again.

Quade meanwhile leads the dibbuns quickly away and seemly has little trouble, in fact there were not too many vermin to truly watch the dibbuns to make sure they didn’t get saved.

Marek scans the area and frowns as he notices Xander and the fox on the other side of the small clearing.   

Tanya whimpers as a couple loud noises scare her and she ends up running a little faster, yeah it will be good to get back to the safely of the abbey and maybe hide under a bed for a few hours till dinner.   

Feisty re-emerges from the trees, sheathing his knife in mid-air and drawing his claymore from his back when he lands. He moves to engage DoraRose's opposite number, blade flashing brightly as he swings it.   

Xander narrows his eyes at the fox whom just grins and then charges the young badger, he barely sidesteps the fox and then swings down at the fox's leg leaving a long line of blood, he jumps back and manages to block a blow from the fox whom he growls at and shoves into a tree and stabs into his shoulder, the fox head butts him and he tumbles backwards and rolls from the blade coming at him.

Takeo heads closer to Xander, he looks around to make sure no other vermin are hiding as they don’t need any more ambushes.   

DoraRose roars as she gets a slice to her upper arm. "DIE, YOU JERK!!!" she says, trying to basically slice him in half....just as her brother comes to her rescue! (Overkill, anyone?) The weasel stands like zero chance.   

Emyuil roars as well. "BURN IN HELL!" He slams his sword towards the weasel's chest, aiming to pierce the unfortunate vermin's guts, then rip up through his heart.   

Marek watches as Dorarose and her brother...well kill the weasel and frowns, and he thought he was bad with killing an enemy sometimes, he shakes his head "That leaves.....the fox" He gets a concerned look, he lost track of where the fox was or where, "Where is Mr. Xander?" Meanwhile the fox is where said badger is.   

Feisty sheaths his claymore, frustrated as Emyuil reaches his chosen mark first. "I dinnae. Must've wandered off in tha fightin, nae?"   

Xander circles with the fox as he gets up slowly. He narrows his eyes and fights back a growl as the fox charges and he slices at its side and the fox gasps in pain. The badger grins and kicks the fox down and aims his sword at him "Ok...now it’s time to finish..."The fox sudden smirks and kicks the sword out of Xander's  paw , the badger blinks in shock and the fox takes his chance and sweeps a footpaw under the badger who ooffs as he falls, the fox now has two blades and stares down at the badger “Free trip ta the dark forest stripedog?" Xander starts to get up and the fox has a footpaw on his chest "Naaa time to die stripedog no need to get up" Seems the fox is about to win.   

DoraRose looks up from her fallen enemy in time to see the stoat's frown. "What? Dibbun snatchers make me mad, okay? And my brother does that. He's cool..." she trails off as she hears the question of where the badger is. Looking around, she spots him and runs. She may not make it in time....   

Emyuil sprints off after his sister, but faster than either of them is Feisty, who throws himself into the fox, swinging an uppercut as he collides, breaking the vermin's jaw as he bellows wordlessly. He follows through with a head-butt, and lines up another punch just as quickly.   

Marek looks the direction of the sound of fighting and quickly heads that direction.

Xander makes a small eep sound as the fox is suddenly knocked sideways and he quickly scoots backwards and watches with wide eyes as the fox is punched and head butted. The fox was not prepared for the sudden attack of the crazy squirrel and tries to kick out at the squirrel as he gets a broken arm and a couple broken ribs and when his skull is slammed into the fox gives an odd sort of whimper and falls into a deep comatose state.   

DoraRose slows and just watches with a wide-open mouth as she walks slowly closer. Holy....and she thought she was violent.   

Emyuil barely slows down, and almost collides with his sister before he actually does. "Wha--" Feisty, his work done, stands up and dusts off his bloody paws. "Ah won't kill an unconscious beast," he says firmly, although he does give the fox a good kick or two before he walks off, satisfied.   

Marek jaw drops as he looks at Dorarose "I say we never anger that squirrel...sound good?" He then goes over slowly to check on Xander "Mr. Xander are you alright?"   

Xander slowly stands, a little shaky and gets his tempary blade back and nods slowly as he leans agasit a tree, "I..I am fine sir"   

DoraRose grabs at her brother's arm. "Crap on a cracker...yeah, I'm coming to the conclusion that angering beasts from the Northlands is suicidal..." Watching the squirrel stalk off, she coughs a little and goes to brush off her brother's shoulder. "And I thought /you/ were violent..."   

Marek nods "I do believe we should perhaps get to Ferravale, or if others want back at the abbey that’s fine I need to get back to my tavern" He starts to walk off towards the road slowly.   

Emyuil allows the shoulder brushing. "Don't get blood on you," is his only comment. "I'm gonna head back to Redwall, you coming?" Without waiting, he heads off in that direction. Feisty, meanwhile, hears Marek's instructions and heads for Ferravale.   

Xander frowns and then reaches a paw towards Marek "Marek....wait. I..I needa come with you...talk to you bout something..." He leans against the tree again, he is sore and tried and most likely should seriously rest somewhere first.   

DoraRose bites her lip, then calls after her brother, "I need to check on Lily and Nana. I'll try to be back tomorrow." And then she heads to the village, too.   

Marek walks back over and goes to help the badger" Come Mr. Xander, you need to get some rest we can talk about whatever it is after rest" He will let the badger lean on him   

Xander leans agasit Marek as he repeats something "To retrieve the missing blade...is it really missing though as I know where it is, but you don't yet. Read through my words, you have gone north and back south, you have gone west and back east and even up and down...some twists and turns, all part of the plan, now go find the blade back where you began.....I found that rabbit Rupert..Wasn’t him, and you were the first beast I spoke to.....so you’re the last one I need to speak to also." He groans a little, yep tried and he ends up passing out.

Marek grunts and manages to somehow lift  the badger a little.

Takeo comes quickly over “I have him Marek, I will get him to Ferravale alright?” He takes Xander into his arms and starts to walk on to Ferravale.

Marek nods his thanks as he follows the two badgers on to Ferravale

Board footer