Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-02-23 06:55:25 PM

The_Brony_Marek

Who Has The Next Chest?

The very morning after this log where Nightbreath gave him a chest to open towards the end of this log

http://forum.rwmuck.org/viewtopic.php?id=109

and so now he heads to the next chest-

Xander frowned, why oh why  was the clue to go here, the seer was bad enough by the undertaker of Ferravale, that was worse as the home isn’t exactly in the housing area, oh no it’s in the graveyard, or off the graveyard on an unkempt and creepy path, graveyards are creepy, or least this one seems to be, unlike the Redwall one that is…well a LOT less creepy.

Markalaway   was inside his hut, the hut looked  like it needed a serious paint job and one of the 5 steps up to his porch was rotten through, but the undertaker seemed to care less.

Xander walked along the curved path to get to the hut and gulped as he disliked the close up view of the place, he carefully walked up the step, more carefully on the broken one and finally to the door where he took a couple deep breaths and knocked.

Markalaway    stood and went to answer the door, he looked at the badger with his one good eye, the other eye was just dead and unseeing. His look was monotone and then he spoke in his raspy voice “What does the nephew of Zee Winters want of me?”

Xander felt like he was about to faint, he avoided stepping back as he had the fear of falling and injuring himself “I..I…I…..”He closes his eyes and reopens them slowly” The note said to find Markalaway   and that you have a…chest for me, I..I have the key s..sir” He does his best to speak clearly and calm his quickly beating heart of its racing fear.

Markalaway  listens, “Ah the note about the chest, indeed…enter my home” He then turns and walks on inside.

Xander frowns “Can’t I just…stay out here….ok” He walks in and looks around, ok it’s still creepy inside as well. He stays close to the doorway as he rather not go too far inside this place as he is sure he already going to have a nightmare when he sleeps tonight.

Markalaway  just frowned as he  stepped further inside “Do sit” The only place to sit was an old wooden chair, no pillows on it . It was just cherry wood and simple at that as he headed to a door and went down some stairs to a basement.” And stay there” The deep voice said.

Xander nods “My pleasure” He says softly not wishing to go further into the home, after making sure nothing on the chair would harm him he slowly sat down and folded his paws in his lap and waited quietly.

Markalaway   enters the room once more with a small chest and sits it beside the badger and stands there as if to watch him open it.

Xander watches his every move and  looks at the chest, well clearly not the sword. He gets a key out and opens it…slowly he lifts the lid and carefully peeks inside…course a note and key.

Markalaway  watches “Expecting something terrible?”

Xander  starts to look at the note and jumps slightly “I…well…no just, not been the best week is all…t…t..talking to Nightbreath and then…y…you..s…s..sir”

““Fear cuts deeper than swords.”   Markalaway  says in his deep voice, “You should…defeat it, though sometimes fear helps keep one alive so sometimes it’s good to keep.”

Xander blinks, “Ummm?” Ok he will have to think on those words as he finally reads the note and achally smiles “I have to talk to Dorarose next.” Hey least no more scary beasts…right?..ummm right? Well he hopes not.

Markalaway just nods and looks to the kitchen and to the badger “Staying for lunch?”

Xander blinks and shakes his head as he goes to the doorway “No thanks …I….” Think fast! “ Lunch with Dorarose, yeah better go!” He quickly heads out and rushes down the porch steps, down the path and out of the graveyard onto the normal area of Ferravale, but just in case he seems to decide to just head on out of the village and onwards to the abbey, he has had enough  creepy the past couple days.

Last edited by The_Brony_Marek (2017-02-23 07:00:30 PM)

Board footer