Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-02-23 06:27:19 PM

oz

Lesson Plans Intrupted:Part 2-Redwall Log

Rayen hasn't done much in the past hour but sit here, she just hopes Quade did take the 4 dibbuns back to the abbey and not elsewhere as she frowns.

Xander most likely missed Quade, he had been a little over worried about a meeting with a seer and he decided a longer walk would get his mind off it, and of course he still planned to go to Ferravale, just a slightly longer route.

LilyMoore is on one side of Xander, and Angela is on his other side, leaning heavily on her staff while talking very seriously about the benefits of the marshmallow plant.  Lily is listening attentively, and she shifts the haversack that's on her back.  Her great-grandmother has the herb bag.  They are both dressed warmly.

Rayen  sighs and checks Oz again, when she hears voices her first thoughts are is the stupid beasts back as she slips out a dagger and then walks a little away from the badger, who is still unconcious from the strong knock out arrow and being slammed into a tree, she then blinks when she sees whom it is, well this could be good as a better healer would be good so she walks onto the path in front of them ."There...been some...trouble" She doesn’t go into details.

Xander listens as learning of herbs could be helpful, well for something and it distracts him from other thoughts, so much he about bumps into the vixen and backs up "Oh..sorry...trouble?"

LilyMoore also just about runs into the vixen.  "Ooof!  Sorry....wait, trouble?"  Angela immediately snaps into Healer mode.  "Where?  What 'appened?  Talk and walk, lassie."  All business as she starts to walk forward without waiting for the vixen, knowing that the fox is faster than she is, so it'll be fine.

Oz is clearly unconcious and has some bruising and a cut on one ear, the arrow wound is on his left shoulder, the arrow on the ground beside him with the knock out stuff on it. Rayen frowns, well she is worried and just leds them to the clearing, how to explain, well being upset over Oz being hurt helps "There was an..ambush and some vermin came...so cloaked beast and some others, took all but 4 dibbuns and the rest bout 11 are..don’t know. Quade was taking the other 4 to the abbey" Least she hopes so.

Xander listens and frowns, he goes to follow and as soon as he sees Oz worry comes over him as he rushes forwards and goes to lay a paw on his shoulder and shake him" uncle Oz?...Uncle Oz!"

LilyMoore trots after the group, worry coming over her, too, as she hears what happened.  Angela, however, is too concerned with checking and making sure that Oz is still alive.  "Xander, don't do that!  If 'e's injured, you could make it worse."  She goes to check for a pulse, then plucks one of her own hairs and holds it to the old badger's nose to see if he's still breathing.

Oz is still alive, his pulse and breathing is a bit slower than it should be but he is breathing. As Rayen stays off to the side any injuries can be found,  well the arrow wound in his arm, and he may have a cracked rib from the kick, some bruising and a small cut here and there from knocking out about 4 rats...who got dragged away, well all but one who Rayen killed that rat is still there. Oz's staff is a few feet from him.

Xander frowns and just backs away and sits down on a log hugging his knees to his chest staring at them as Angela tends to Oz, worry on his face as he mutters "Not bad news...please please not bad news"

LilyMoore goes to place a paw on the young badger's shoulder, trying to comfort him with her mere presence.  Once she finds his pulse and breath, Angela says, "'E's alive, don't worry, son.  'E's just unconscious."  After checking the rest of his wounds, she pulls out bandages and herbs for his arrow wound.  "Do you 'ave th'arrow that 'it 'im?"  She asks the vixen.

Rayen at first starts to say no and then sees the arrow from Bolts longbow and picks it up "He...yanked it out and then the archer beast kicked him in the chest and he got knocked into the tree, that’s when he when fully unconcious."

Xander looks relieved but worried still "But why would someone hurt Uncle Oz..."Then it seems to dawn on him, the missing dibbuns as he frowns more "You s..said dibbuns were missing, was Tanya one of them?"

LilyMoore frowns.  "Why do beasts keep kidnapping the Dibbuns?  What do they think that will accomplish....wait, which way did they go?  We need to send out search parties to rescue them!"  Angela finishes bandaging up Oz's injuries (unless someone stops her for no obvious reason), then gets the arrow.  "'E's gonna be sore when 'e wakes up..." she mutters as she lightly sniffs the arrow tip.  She then licks it and spits so she doesn't get poisoned or anything.

Rayen watches her curious and frowns "And maybe ill...and I don’t know which direction “Yes she does, but she keeps quiet about it for now."And no clue what they want with dibbuns, but I am sure they will be found and Oz was trying to protect the dibbuns when they....well attacked him"

Xander walks back over and frowns, he then frowns more "Maye it’s the same ones that ambushed me and you the one day last week....they had some sort of knock out arrows that gave ya a headache and made you throw up a lot"

LilyMoore looks anxiously between the vixen and the awake badger.  'Wait, you got attacked last week?"  Angela growls and breaks the arrow, wrapping the pointy tip in a rag and stuffing it into her herb bag.  "Flitchaye knock-out 'erbs, surprisingly concentrated.  Oz should wake up....'opefully soon.  Lemme see..." she starts digging around in her satchel for something.....

Rayen frowns, "That’s not good....all I saw was rats and weasels...I think I will look for some clues...maybe tell some others"Maybe go grumble at a cloaked beast and a stupid fox she knows, "See you soon" And she disappears, about a short time later a weak groan is heard of someone fighting off unconisness but still failing.

Xander nods “But they were chased off and nothing was taken...is Uncle Oz gonna be alright?" Yes he is worried, but he still is keeping his plans "Maybe we can tell chieftain Blisa bout the attacks...just in case"

"Wait, get back 'ere---grr,"  Angela glares at the vixen, muttering something about 'sneaky foxes', then turns and kneels down beside the badger.  "'Ere, breathe this,"  she instructs, holding a crushed clove of garlic under his nose.  That should help, right?  She hopes so, because she hasn't developed an antidote to Flitchaye knockout herbs yet.  Lily wrings her paws.  "That's a good idea, Xander!  Maybe we can get Oz to the village here in a few minutes and tell Blisa then.  I'm sure she would like to know." 

Oz groans, and coughs at the strong garlic smell. His head hurts badly and he manages to not get ill, least for now anyways as he moves slightly and tenses up in some pain as he lays a paw on his chest where he was kicked, "Owww....."He mutters something bout dibbuns and is still a bit out of it

Xander stays by his side "Take it easy Uncle Oz...you got hurt," He looks to the others "Ferravale isn’t too far now"

LilyMoore goes to hold the old badger's paw.  "We need to get you to Ferravale, Papa Oz; Blisa will help us somehow, I know she will."  Angela puts the crushed garlic in a jar and stuffs it back into her bag.  "The Dibbuns were kidnapped.  Rayen went off to look for clues,"  she adds, not really trusting the vixen right now.  "The best way y'can 'elp right now is to come with us to Ferravale; it's closer than the Abbey.  Can you stand?"  She goes to check his ribs now that he's awake and can tell her where he hurts.

Oz becomes more awake, and dizzy also as those knock out herbs do cause one to be ill, he finally nods and reaches out a paw "Need...need staff." It will help him stand, he also rubs his chest a little and frowns as it hurts, he will heal but still hurts.

Xander frowns, he then looks around and finds the staff pressing it  into Oz's paw and even will help him stand carefully if needed. " He can even lean on me some if he needs ta"

LilyMoore goes to help in any way she can.  Angela nods and stands, brushing snow off her skirt.  "We can go to the Infirmary."  "I'll get Blisa," Lily offers, which gets a nod and a 'good idea' from her great-grandmother.  "Ready?"  she asks the old badger.  "We can go as slowly as y'need, hon."  When they're all ready to go, she will keep close watch on her patient, ordering any rests that he may need.

Oz slowly stands with help and groans, this short walk will end up being a little longer but slowly they do get there  and the badger seems glad to be able to lay down somewhere, even if he is going to be here a possible few days.

Xander makes sure to help Oz when needed and once they get to where they need to be he finally speaks "Someone will have to let the abbey know also what happen and that Uncle Oz may be here a few days...maybe"

-to the infirm in  Ferravale-

Once they enter Ferravale, LilyMoore runs off to find Blisa. Meanwhile, Angela gets the badgers to the Infirmary. After informing the Healers about the situation, she borrows a mortar and pestle and gets some cold water. After taking off some layers, she digs the arrow half out of her bag and scrapes part of it into the bowl and starts experimenting. The door opens, and Blisa, Lily, Valerie, and Ferdinand come rushing in, closely followed by a crow. "Lily said Oz and a group of Dibbuns were attacked. Is he alright?" The Chieftain demands, concern written on her face. Angela is scraping part of the knock out herbs into the bowl    

Oz frowns, the knock out herbs have already caused him to throw up a couple times and he still has the headache as a couple healers here look him over he frowns as he is worried for the dibbuns and hopes the small amount that was mentioned being taken back to the abbey was taken back safely but still others are...missing.   

Xander sits down after pacing some and folds his paws in his lap   

Angela turns to the group and gestures Valerie over. "I need 'elp makin' an antidote to the Flitchaye herbs. And Oz, as far as I can tell, will be fine. It's the kidnapped Dibbuns we needta worry about." Blisa's eyes widen, and she gestures at Ferdinand, who digs out a notebook and a charcoal pencil. "When did this happen? How many Dibbuns were taken? Oz....I'm sorry if I seem harsh, but I need information. Has Redwall been notified?" Angela shakes her head, and the cat turns to the crow. "Take a message to the Abbey and let them know that Dibbuns have been kidnapped and Oz is here, probably for a few days. I'll be doing all that I can to help." The crow nods and flies away to the Abbey. "Where did this happen?" the Chieftain asks. Ferdinand is poised to take copious notes. Lily goes to put her arm around Xander's shoulders; she thinks he looks like he needs a hug.   

Oz frowns as all the questions is listed "Think....11...my head hurts and chest hurts a bit" He frowns, "And clearing...little ways from it north abbey" He groans and frowns again as any other answers will wait for a little while..headache and feeling like one will throw up again isn’t fun.   

Xander allows the hug as he listens "Rayen said Quade took 4 of the dibbuns to the abbey, so 4 are safe. And it happen just a little while ago"   

LilyMoore stays by the young badger and watches the Healers do their things. Ferdinand scribbles down his notes about what the beasts said. Blisa purses her lips. "Oz, when you're feeling better, we need information about the beasts that attacked you. Also, who is this Quade beast? I don't believe I've ever met him."   

Oz nods, he doesn’t really know Quade that well either and right now he....well he throw up again and sighs he has got to get rid of the headache also.   

Nightbreath walks into the room, composed as ever, hood up, and in full Seer regalia. "I've met Quade. Present company prevents me from saying where, when, or why." He moves to stand next to Blisa. His sword is buckled at his side, unusually. He notes Oz throwing up and looks away politely.   

Xander frowns, he answers "Quade is a squirrel, a member of the Mossflower Defenders and is a good guy no worries." He sees Nightbreath and frowns a little, ok he can stay and he does need to talk to him, its why he was heading here at first.

LilyMoore is worried, so all she can do is wave a little at the ermine. Blisa nods. "Speaking of whom, we should probably alert them that there are kidnappers in the forest. Lily, would you be up to getting Marek for me?" The young mouse nods, then looks at her great-grandmother for permission. The old Healer is a bit distracted as she discusses various herbs with Valerie, but Lily will be patient. The Chieftain looks at the Seer. "Nightbreath, some Abbey Dibbuns have been kidnapped. Do you have any ideas?" 'Do your Seer thing' is what she's basically saying. Ferdinand is busily scribbling his notes about the situation.   

Oz seems to care less if Nightbreath is here, he is blind so he can't say he is creepy or not and he is also a little tried right now, left over effects of the knock out herb and the slow walk here, injuries so he sort of goes in and out of sleep.   

Nightbreath tilts his head. "I need more information than that, sorry. It helps to know what I'm looking for. If I know who the kidnappers are, even if it's as simple as what they looked like, I can determine their tendencies." It also makes more...arcane methods easier, he adds silently. "I would say, for the immediate future, to mobilize hunting parties in the forest, starting with the site of the kidnapping, and working outward to scour the land."   

Xander watches Oz and then looks over at Nightbreath quietly. He debates on mentioning hey I need to see whats in my uncles chest....he decides to wait for now, besides the seer most likely knows right, seers see all and know all and everything. He closes his eyes and tries to calm himself and then opens them again "Ummm...I also...came to Ferravale to...talk to someone, well before this happen" He still needs to speak to the Seer.   

Suppressing an eye roll, Blisa says politely, "Yeah, I got that under control. Oz is the only one here who saw the kidnappers, and I don't think he's doin' too well....wait, where /is/ Rayen? If she saw what happened, then she could really help us." "Rayen went looking for clues," LilyMoore says innocently, thinking that that's perfectly normal. Angela glances over. "Yeah, she ran off afore I could ask 'er all I wanted. Lily, y'can go an' try to find yer friend Marek." The young mouse nods and rushes off, not noticing how nervous Xander is.   

Nightbreath glances over to Xander briefly, eyes flashing, but says nothing to the young badger. He returns his attention to the matter at hand, saying to Angela, "Did she leave with anyone else? And what direction did she go in?"   

Xander sighs, he has got to learn to be more brave in times like this, he for now just listens and reaches into a pocket as he pulls out a paper and key and starts to fiddle with the key quietly.   

Ferdinand continues to take notes. Angela tells which direction Rayen went in, then shakes her head and adds, "She left by herself. She seemed nervous....but may'aps that's just me being paranoid. I do that sometimes." Blisa nibbles at her lip. "I sent a messenger to Redwall to alert them about what's happened...."   

"Good, Blisa." To Angela, Nightbreath says, "What you call paranoia, I call intuition. Both of which are often founded on a grain of truth you just haven't noticed yet." Shrugging, he says, "Maybe Redwall can send a sparrow to catch up with her and ask for information, she most likely has too much of a lead for any beast on the ground to catch up."   

Xander smiles "Birds are very helpful, like Thunderwing he is an eagle and a good friend" He drops the key and then picks it up "Oh..sorry it’s a key to..."He looks at Nightbreath and pockets the key "It can wait till little later." Waiting is fine right?   

LilyMoore is still off looking for someone. Blisa the cat, Chieftain of Ferravale, looks at the newcomer marten and smiles. "Greetings. I don't believe I've met you before. Welcome to Ferravale. I am Blisa, the Chieftain here." Angela the elderly mouse Healer smirks at the Seer. "Aye, wise words, young 'un....Xander, sonny, what are y'goin' on about?" She says tiredly, letting Valerie the vixen poke about with the mortar and pestle. Ferdinand the ferret writes down a little more in his notebook, then glances up at the others, silent for now.   

Nightbreath tilts his head over towards Xander. "Aye. You seem troubled, Xander," he says curiously. Has he met the badger before? Maybe? Either way he knows his name. He waits for Xander to speak, standing there calmly.   

Xander blinks as he is spoken to "Ummm just...it’s....sort of.." He takes a deep breath and speaks "You have a chest for me and this is the key to it"   

LilyMoore comes back in just then. "I can't find Marek..." Blisa raises an eyebrow. "Are you alright? You seem distracted." Angela 'ahs', nods, and goes back to her herb thing. Valerie backs away coughing because her experiments don't work out 50% of the time. Ferdinand closes his notebook and gives the badger a thumb's up.

Marek leads a weasel into the infirm and shakes his head "Next time watch when your cutting vegetables, you almost cut off a finger now go in there." The weasel mutters a sorry and heads inside, its then the tavern owner notices all the beast in the infirm "What is going on now?"   

Xander shows the key "It opens the chest and the note said, well to talk to Nightbreath."   

"Ah, the chest," Nightbreath nods. "If you come to my house after this," he says, gesturing around the room, "is finished, I can give it to you."   

LilyMoore goes to hug the stoat as a village Healer goes to help the weasel. The mouse maid seems stressed out. Angela and Valerie are messing with a mortar and pestle and some herbs. Ferdinand puts away his notebook and pencil...for now.   

Marek smiles and hugs Lilymoore as he listens to what all is being said, he has yet to learn of any abbey business but he does notice certain beasts are here, well he can find out why a little later as he looks to Lilymoore “And how are you today Miss Lilymoore?"   

There is a rapping at the door, and then it swings open. "Move aside, move aside, I'm from the Abbey," says the squirrel to a ferret in his path. "Hello? Oz? Are you here?" He peers around, noticing Lilymoore. "You, where's your mother? What's all this talk of kidnappings?" The squirrel seems quite agitated.   

Xander nods "Ok after this is all done...that’s good" Yes all he has to do is go to the house, get handed the chest and leave...simple and quick and he is glad of it. He looks at Lacota "Uncle Oz is asleep."

Nightbreath remains silent, folding his paws in the sleeves of his robes. After a moment, he asks Blisa, "May I take my leave? I don't think my services are needed here at the moment--the things that must be done, I can do at home. Besides, young Xander and I must go there regardless."   

LilyMoore shrugs and tells the stoat what's happened. "And Mom's home at Redwall. I came here with Nana and Xander....and then we found Oz." Angela excuses her and guides her to the Chieftain's house. Blisa lets the Seer leave, then, as beasts  start filing out, she tells the marten, "I'm sorry that I can't stay right now to listen about your quest. I need to organize search parties for some kidnapped Dibbuns. Here," she writes a note, puts the date on it, and signs it. "This will get you one free meal at the tavern. Give it to Marek, the stoat that was just here; he'll understand." And he'll also keep the note so it can't be used again....at least, that's what he's supposed to do. After handing it to the marten, the Chieftain bids everyone good-bye, letting a guard who came in catch the Abbey Friar up on all of the details. Valerie and Ferdinand follow her to her house, where she has to now entertain some unexpected guests.

Xander goes off to follow the Seer Nightbreath and waits on the porch, as he is handed the chest he nods his thanks and sits down to open it with the key, he knows it’s not the sword, but it’s a chest closer as he unlocks it and opens it to see a note he reads and frowns as he reads it, he looks to the key and sighs “The undertaker….I have to go to the graveyard…” He looks up at the sky as if to ask why and stands slowly leaving the empty chest on the seer’s porch and heads, first to check on his Uncle Oz as he can worry about the next chest perhaps tomorrow.

Oz finally wakes up with a groan and rubs his head, feels the bandage on his arm and chest and sighs, he frowns when told he is here a few days and mutters a “wonderful” And decides to get some sleep after he has something to eat and drink, well he needed some time off but this wasn’t the way he wanted some time off.

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

Board footer