Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-03-22 05:58:56 PM

oz

Lets See get Shimp, Mint, and Tea..-Redwall Log

This log is right after this one

http://forum.rwmuck.org/viewtopic.php?id=614

In This Log:

Oz-Dibbun csretskrt,AKA Papa Oz, aka Badger Mother

Tassel-An Otter

Anatole- An Otter

Benar-Abbot of Redwall

Log:
RW Abbey: Garden
-----------------------------------------------------------------
This garden is one where dibbuns rarely find themselves.  How does one know? Barely any of the plants have been broken.  Revelation.  A bench of the same red stone that gives this Abbey its name is placed in a little bower made of a trellace with plants trained over the top.  The rest of the plants rim the little grove-garden, shading it in the summer, providing for a ghostly look in the winter.  A space in the middle is left for any entertainment that might also be placed in this little place of adult solitude.

The new growth has now turned to older, vetran growth, turning from the light, verdant green to a darker, forest green.  Also, the foliage around the little garden has gotten thicker, blocking out most of the sounds that beasts come here to get away from.  A plush carpeting of grass -- just a little prickly -- coats the floor of the little oasis.  The sandstone bench sits beneath a trellace that is now overgrown with plants, shading the lovely spot from the harsh rays of Mossflower's summers.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Anatole has spotted Tassel and grins as he goes to sneak up behind her and goes, if he can, to cover her eyes with his paws as he grins madly.

Benar drums his fingers on the bench and stares after DoraRose, "Well no I was not told where they had gone," He stands up and shakes out his robes. He bows to Tassel and Anatole, "If you will excuse me briefly." He glides away, habit swirling around his ankles as he walks out of the garden after DoraRose.

Tassel does note someone else is here and waits till the other otter touches her shoulder, grabs his paw and goes to flip him over her shoulder and looks down at him and snorts"Hello...ya still need work with that"

Anatole stops and then his eyes widen as he lands on his back looking up at the other otter and slowly grins "Hey love...worth a shot huh....?" He backs up and slowly stands, still a grin on his face.

Tassel rolls her eyes, "Ya need practice"Then then smiles "I like this abbey, and they have good hot root"

Benar strolls back into the garden and smiles at the two otters, "Sorry about that, Abbey Business and all now then you sir must be Anatole. I also wish to extend my welcome to you both but I am afraid you have not tried Hot root until I've made you hot root"

Anatole chuckles "Yes they do, but that should not be the only reason to stay. I like to travel, the outdoors....the every so often excitement" He bows to the abbey "So you make Hot root?" He smiles "So when can we try this hot root you make?"

Tassel smiles "Well you are the abbot and must keep you busy with jobs here and there"

Benar says, "You have no idea," He picks his book back up, "It isn't helped by people sneaking off into danger and not telling me." He tucks the book into a pocket and smiles at the two otters, "And there is plenty of outdoors here in Redwall and across Mossflower"

Anatole says, "Yes and we stay near the river moss or well did"

Tassel says, "The river is ok, not so much in winter really but its spring time here soon and some ice is melting slowly"

Benar says, "Well the river is only a short walk away from the abbey, A few hours at most."

Tassel nods "But here is nice also and the woods are...have been fairly safe lately....fairly safe"

Anatole nods "Yeah not to far. And the woods are fine if one is careful and we can use a slingshot "

Benar says, "Well I can't condone violence, even a slingshot, but you are most welcome to come and go as you please."

Tassel says, "No worries we would not use it in the abbey and we don't, unless needed, outside in the woods"

Anatole nods "Yes we tend to avoid trouble. We did help someone a few days ago and helped a dibbun, who should be here somewhere."

Oz makes his way into the garden and catches the tale end of what is said "We do have a couple new dibbuns...a badger cub and an otter dibbun" He frowns "Though the dibbun needs some...speaking to"He sighs a little, he is just lucky the dibbun has yet to teach any..unwelcomed words to the other dibbuns.

Tassel waves to the badger and then frowns, oh yeah he most likely wouldn't see that as she speaks "Hello sir...speaking to?" Hey she is curious.

Anatole blinks and ohhhh he remembers, "Oh yeah that Kenya lass...cute kid likes to repeat things."

Benar looks up at Oz and smiles, "Well dibbuns generally need speaking too i find, it is the way of being young."

Oz nods "True...but they have been fairly good. They did get restless and oddly was not the DAB..seems they followed Zolomon to the kitchen and painted the wall and floor with melowcreme and pumpkin pie and the hare had to clean it up.

Tassel chuckles "That sounds interesting, maybe I will have a dibbun one day"

Anatole looks unsure "No need to have any small feet running around dear...they are a pawful and only the bravest of souls can handle dibbuns"

Benar chuckles softly at the look of unsure worry on Anatole's face but doesn't say anything with regards to the otters and dibbuns, "Well Oz I am glad they cleaned up the mess. I do not need an angry Lacota in my office."

Oz says, "Yes Zolomon was made to clean it up so all is well but dibbuns do at times get a little out of paw but not always"

Tassel glaces at Anatole "Wot? It could be nice to have a dibbun of our own one day don't you think, we can find a home and settle down...maybe camp willow even if not here"

Anatole shrugs "I..don't know..maybe"

Benar chuckles "Well it sounds like you two have a lot of talking to do between yourselves"

Oz chuckles "Dibbuns do take a lot of time...."He decides to change the subject "Are there any plans for the next feast by the way Benar? Though your most likely more worried to start crops for Spring as I know that is very soon as well"

Tassel smiles "Spring yes the snow needs to go all away not just away in small areas here and there"

Anatole seems glad of the change, "Aww spring, melting snow and ice...may want to keep beasts from the pond, just in case as its most likely unsafe to try and skate on now"

Benar says, "Indeed I have already ordered no one can skate on the pond. Spring started yesterday and the weather is starting to look up. As for the feast I am afraid I have given it no thought yet Oz. I will soon."

Oz says, "O f course and there is crops to plant soon and yes no dibbuns are allowed near the pond either, if they want to play it will be in the open ground with some helpers to watch them"

Tassel says, "Maybe I could lend a paw, with planting crops or clearing the area for crops or even stare at dibbuns an hour or two"

Anatole says, "I can help with spring needs"

Benar says, "well we will be starting to sow the fields in a couple of weeks once the snow has melted properly and the ground thawed out."

Oz nods "A lot help with that weather its get the ground ready or move things, carry things or just planting the seeds."

Tassel smiles"And spring flowers look nice in a vase on a table or two, well once they grow that is...the flowers that is"

Anatole asks, "Should be soon and maybe we can get some shrimp at the river for hot toot, or is that needed? Anything needed for that as me and Tassel could go get anything that's needed"

Benar says, "Well I think we have plenty of dried shrimp in storage but if you want some fresh shrimp that would be most welcome I am sure."

Oz says, "I would only say don't go alone and be careful"

Tassel says, "It would be me and Anatole only, the abbot can stay at the abbey. And it will not take too long to get some shrimp and maybe watercress also. Fresh shrimp is always best"

Anatole nods and smiles "Yes me and her, her and me and we can be back by nightfall right? Or maybe one can make the hot root tomorrow for brunch or lunch?"

Oz listens "I never cared for hot root myself, I ate a mild version once..some non otters like it. My brother liked it I know to the point he put the powder in oatmeal once"

Benar says, "Well perhaps tomorrow for now I do need to head inside I am afraid. I have a lot of things to take care of it and is getting quite late"

Tassel nods as she smiles "You shall have your shrimp by brunch tomorrow sir abbot"

Anatole grins "Yes we can go get it now, and return with it.

Benar nods "Thank you"He smiles "I shall look forwards to it, now excuse me I need to get some things done before dinner, then a quick meeting on spring planting and setting a date for the spring feast"

Oz nods "I will talk to you later Benar and I will be at the meeting, we can also speak of anything to do with the 2 dibbuns that arrived these past couple days maybe over tea before bed." He will get a nod and then focus his attention on the otters after Benar heads off.

Tassel nods as she smiles "And some time to stretch the legs...the woods have been...well fairly ok...mostly"

Anatole says, "There was the hurt otter maid and some beast seemed to need help but we know not the details. Maybe the same beast who tried to harm the badger cubs mother...are around, but some weasels were killed so maybe issue is fixed now"

Oz says, "I heard of the cub's mother dyeing in child birth and yes I know of the weasels, if they were the cause of some problems and are now gone that is good news as we don't need trouble around. With spring here beast will want to go outside, me myself usually go out to pick fresh mint for tea and some for the kitchens as well, and a beast that passes bye sells teas I like and they are usually around about now as well"

Tassel says, "If you need company me and Anatole can join you"

Anatole says, "yes...we get shrimps and we get mint leaves and tea...it is mid afternoon...plans today sir badger?"

Oz blinks as he was not expecting to go now and hmmms "Sure....sounds fair I do have the rest of the day off but I will let Benar I joined you"He will do this and then go with them, staff in paw and have Zolomon tag along as well.

Tassel nods and heads to the gates and on outside

Anatole follows, he will wait on the hare and badger and then he is ready to get..what ever is needed

Oz finds the sells beast with tea and gets like 4-5 different teas and finds mint leaves in the clearing for his tea and a few for Lacota for the kitchens, not a lot but a supply to last almost 2 weeks and he left a little behind so it will keep growing. No danger and its rather a peaceful trip, he likes peaceful trips and they are back in time for dinner, like just in time and he makes it to his tea time with Benar and he found Benar's fave tea, which the abbot has missed for a couple seasons..all in all a very good day.

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

Board footer