Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-03-22 04:00:19 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

Spring is on its way, & it's bringing Abbey guests! (RWA log)

SCENE: Redwall Abbey Garden (the one the Dibbuns basically never find)

CHARACTERS:  Benar, a male squirrel.  DoraRose, a female mouse.  Tassel, a female otter.

LOG:
Benar is sitting on the red sandstone bench a book held in his lap and his feet curled up beneath him. It's quiet out here and though the weather is cold the garden is sheltered from most of the abbey and the soft sun overhead has a hint of warmth to it heralding Spring is here.

DoraRose comes trudging into the Garden, breaking the silence!  She has her cloak on over her dress and a basket in her left paw.  It has a couple of green things in it, but for the most part, it's empty.  She's looking at the sky and the top of the building, and so is oblivious that she's disturbing someone's peace.

Benar looks up at the sound of foot prints and smiles, "Oh DoraRose good afternoon to you my dear," he pushes back his hood and pops a bookmark in his book, "What brings you out here? I do not usually see many people out the back of the gardens like this."

DoraRose jumps and gets into a position vaguely reminiscent of a battle-ready pose.  "Oh!  Benar, hi.  Yeah, I'm looking for and early herbs for the Infirmary and the kitchens."  She relaxes, walks over, and shows him the couple of stems she's sound so far.  "I found some clumps near the kitchen wall that has the ovens.  I took a stem from each."  There is also a book in the bottom of the basket.

Benar peers in and smiles, "We may have to give it another month before we get a good crop of herbs, but good job on finding those however." he reaches down to move a stem aside so he can see what the book is, "I saw some near the wall behind me here in the main gardens"

Tassel is looking around the abbey, she so far finds it very interesting and she is by herself at the moment.   

DoraRose smiles. "Great, I'll go take a look at them. Hopefully they'll have enough that I can take one stem." The book has nothing on the spine to indicate what it might be, so it's probably a journal. The Warrior spots the otter and waves at her in a friendly way. 

Benar settles back on the bench and smiles, "Well hopefully the general stores has enough dried herbs to last us a few more weeks." he raises a paw in greeting, "Hello there friend"   

Tassel nods a hello and decides to walk over "Hello...just looki' around ya abbey, it's intresting, oh my name is Tassel and...well me and my mate is here for a few days with a friend...well think she is a friend....well anyways it's another otter" 

The mouse nods to the squirrel.  "I'm pretty sure they do, but I was wanting to check on the plants and see how well they're doing, so I offered to gather a little."  Turning to the newcomer, she smiles warmly and holds out her right paw.  "It's nice to meet you.  I'm DoraRose Strongheart, Gatekeeper.  I must've been off-duty when you and your mate and your friend came through our gates.  Welcome to Redwall."

Benar says, "Indeed, I am Abbot Benar and on behalf of the Order of Redwall Abbey I welcome you to our home. Please stay with us as long as you wish."

Tassel says, "I may stay, don't know yet, least for a few days time."

DoraRose stuffs her paw into her pocket.  "Well, I hope you stay at least until the Spring feast; if you leave before then, you'll just have to travel back through the sometimes dangerous woodlands."  She's chuckling slightly as she says this, unaware that there has been some danger in the woods nearby recently.

Tassel smiles "A feast...when will that be coming up?"

Benar says, "I haven't set a date yet, last few dates I tried to set something always seemed to come up. But I will pick a date soon and let everyone know"

Tassel nods.

DoraRose looks at the Abbot.  "Hopefully this time nothing will happen, and that we'll have a calm, enemy-free Spring.  Oh!  And the travelers should be getting back soon from Willowbark Abbey....oh, and I'll have to...."  She suddenly has a sad look on her face, and she looks over towards the pond area, even though she can't see it.

Benar asks, "Willowbark Abbey?" he looks up at Dora, "Never heard of it, where is it? Is this another one of those things people have rushed off dangerously into the wild to do and no one has told me about because I might object?" he shakes his head, "Or is this something actually safe and benign for once?""   

Tassel shrugs "I have no clue...some crazy looking squirrel spoke of it...maybe she knows " She looks around as it looking for said squirrel 

DoraRose looks back at the Abbot, confused.  "I thought for sure you were told.....but with Leon.....I'm sorry.  Willowbark Abbey is the place Gorvenalus and Minsc are from, the first place where Quade started his path of destruction.  As far as I know, it's perfectly safe -- just abandoned ruins.  I felt comfortable sending LilyMoore, and Xander and most of the other Defenders went, so I'm sure they're fine.  I didn't get to talk to Krisha, who came home early, much, but I think everybeast is fine."  She turns and walks away.  "In fact, I'll go try and find Krisha now and see what she can tell me.  See ya later."  And so she leaves.

http://radio.rwmuck.org/?&location=RW%2 … A%20Garden

~*END*~

Thanks for reading!

Last edited by BlisaMarshmellow (2018-03-22 04:38:51 PM)

Board footer