Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-02-01 05:29:41 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

Redwall Log (ICly happened 1-21-2017)

Happens ICly the day after the Winter Feast: http://forum.rwmuck.org/viewtopic.php?id=82 (there's a link to part 2 of the feast logs at the end of that log smile )

SCENE: Redwall Abbey Library

FRIENDS: Zinnia, a female badger; Aria, a female gull; spoofed badger babies.  DoraRose, a female mouse.

LOG:

Zinnia has spent most of the day in Oz's room, and the past couple hours in here where she has gotten the key and is in the book binding room, it's quiet and she was able to feed her newborns in peace. They are now asleep on her lap and she looks a bit half asleep as well. She is still sore and still tired from everything that's happen,  maybe she shouldn't of come down for the feast but she wanted to, and she wasn't alone she had Takeo watching her. Close by is a sea gull, Aira, but the sea gull is not in the way at least just close in case she needs to relay a message.

DoraRose peeks into the library.  "Zinnia??"  She saw her at the feast, but she was too busy guarding Marek to go over and say 'hi'.  Dressed in her dress and tunic and apron, she pads through the library, quietly calling her friend's name.  She comes to the door of the bookbinding room and knocks.  "Zinnia?" 

Zinnia is startled slightly, the bird hops down and goes to say something, that is until "Aira..no get back" "But I am only.....ok fine" Flapping of wings is heard and an annoyed grumble 'til  Zinnia calls out "You can come in." A quick glare at the bird who hmmphs again and turns to face the wall from her perch by a high shelf in here  that's empty.

DoraRose opens the door, her face wreathed in smiles.  "Oh my goodness, I'm so glad to see you again!  How have you been?  Oh, and who is your lovely friend?"  Compliments sometimes make grumpy birds less grumpy, right?  "Oh, it's so good to see you again!"  She sits on a footstool in here, gazing fondly at the baby badgers.  "They're so

Zinnia smiles "Thanks...and the grumpy bird is Aira...sort of thinks she some body guard now, she isn't" She looks down at the sleeping twins still has a tired smile. "I am glad to be back, even if the last couple days not been totally good days"

DoraRose smiles.  "Well, she seems like a good friend."  She leans over, gazing at the Dibbuns' faces.  "I heard that there was some scuffle on the road, but I was too busy preparing to guard at the feast to really listen  What happened?  Are y'all alright?"

Zinnia frowns, she nods slowly "I am fine, this black furred fox had me, pushed me into the ditch where some ice water was and I remember going under but someone had jumped in and pulled me up....I was a little out of it, and in some pain...someone else pulled us up and that's when I noticed it was Marek that got me out, but not sure who got me and him back to the road"
Zinnia says, "Marek and this hare got me to the abbey...my dibbuns were...going to be born early, but I got to the abbey and Rayen and Uncle Oz helped me, sort of been staying in his room, he is using papa's old room for now"

DoraRose listens attentively.  "That must've been very scary," she murmurs.  "I was really nervous about being a mommy after Lily and Caleb were born.  I would've been scared to death if they had been born early..."

Zinnia nods "It was...scary, guess I passed out about a day or day and half, I went to the feast but mostly sat of course. I know that fox was killed...but not before it hurt..."  And she still has yet to see Xander, they wouldn't let her, and when she got a chance he was sleeping so she didn't go into the room. "I just hope I am a good mother"

DoraRose looks up at her friend's face and goes to rest a paw on her arm, being careful to not jostle either baby in any way.  "I believe that you will be.  You're a good mom to Xander, and I believe that you'll be a good mother to these 2, as well.  I believe in you."  She bites her lip a little, then adds, "I thought I would be a terrible mother, and I did have a lot of trouble being patient with my twins.  But I learned patience by trying to be gentler, kinder, more loving, and now I'm more patient.  It's really, really hard work, being a mom, but it's worth it."

Zinnia looks down at the twins as they stir slightly but luckily stay asleep, a couple tears fall "Xander...hates me, he wants nothing to do with me" The sea gull has listened a little but stays where she is, maybe a nap is good or a fly around outside, yeah that's good she can come back

DoraRose says quietly, "I think he just hurts in his heart.  I'm not sure what all happened to him when he was held captive by Jedrick, but I think it was all bad.  I think he'll come to forgive you; you'll just need to give him time.  I'm sure there is still love for you in his heart; he just needs to remember it."  She goes to give her friend a hug around the shoulders. 

Zinnia nods "I just hope he is...ok, have yet to see how bad hurt he was I just know the fox hurt him and I just briefly saw....the blood on the road and he wasn't moving and that hare and Marek just led me to the abbey, didn't let me see Xander...I know Leon was there and Takeo but still...I mean how bad hurt was he?"

DoraRose shrugs a little and shakes her head.  "I don't know.  I haven't been in the Infirmary yet, and I haven't talked to Leon or my grandmother about him yet.  But he has the best care in the area; I wouldn't trust my loved ones to very many others, and I'd rather have them here.  And he stumbled down to the feast yesterday, so I'm sure he'll be okay."

Zinnia blinks, "I...heard he woke briefly" She is clearly still worried and it show, the twins whimper  a little and she rocks them slightly, she decides to change the subject "I...have names for them...for the twins"

DoraRose lets her friend change the subject and sits back down on her footstool.  "Oh?  What are they?"  She smiles up into her friend's face, letting the badger mom lead the conversation to whatever will help her.  Also, the babies are ADORABLE, and she wants to snuggle them, but she refrains from offering to hold them, remembering well her New-Mommy hesitancy to let other people hold her twins.

Zinnia smiles "The girl is Northstar and the boy I named after papa...Zork"  She manages a smile, "They sleep a lot right now...be interesting when they crawl around"

DoraRose smiles softly.  "Those are really good names.  Beautiful choices.  And, yes, babies do tend to sleep a lot.....but once they figure out how to walk, they quickly start running, and they don't ever seem to stop..."  Furrowing her brow, she adds, "I remember shortly after Lily and Caleb were born, I was exhausted for a quite a while.  Maybe you should rest.  Come on," she adds gently, going to help the badger to her room, if she'll go.

Zinnia nods as she goes to follow. She stands and carefully carries the newborns to the room she has been staying in and gets some needed rest.

~*END*~

Thanks for reading!  Again, this happened the day after the Winter 2016/2017 Feast, so some of the sad things have been resolved wink Happy RPing!

Board footer