Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-01-20 07:51:01 PM

oz

The Winter Feas:Part 1 -Jan 20,2017

Redwall Log:

Oz-Papa Oz and Dibbun caretaker of Redwall
Benar-Abbot of Redwall
Lacota-Friar of Redwall
Leon-Master Healer of Redwall
Caleb-Novice of Redwall and son to Dorarose and Leon
Lilymoore-Mousemaid and daughter of Dorarose and Leon
Dorarose-Gatekeeper of Redwall and a guard for the feast
Zolomon-Hare and archer for Mossflower Defenders
Marek-Guest of Feast and Leader of Mossflower Defenders
Brookshire-Member of Mossflower Defenders
Bandit-Head Guard of Ferravale
Patch-Rat thats here for the food
Xander-Warrior in training and member of Mossflower defenders
Takeo-Mate of Zinnia
Quade- member of Mossflower Defenders
Zaram-Mole and Recorder in Ferravale
Aira-sea gull
spoofed guard, spoofed preformers,spoofed guard or two

RW Abbey:Great Hall
The Great Hall of Redwall Abbey. Countless paw falls have echoed from these stones, and untold numbers of feasts and merry gatherings have been held here.  A table, not nearly so grand or large as its predecessors, but quite functional for mealtimes, rests near the center of the hall. Chairs exist here aplenty, and they are all of a matching set. High above, the stain glass windows give the Great Hall a beautiful appearance.  The glasswork is exceptionally done, crafted by a skilled artist.  The floor is clean and swept. A fire is kept burning in the fireplace at almost all times of the day and night, and there are several more comfortable chairs and cushions set up here, of varying sizes. One looks large enough to easily accommodate a badger.

The Tapestry hangs proud and tall, and while the rest of Redwall may still bear the scars of natural disaster, this most famous of Redwall's relics remains unharmed by beast, time, or the elements. The figure of Martin the Warrior seems to be watching over his own with an unchanging, kindly gaze.

Soft light is slowly beginning to filter in through the stained glass windows high above your head.
Contents:
a message (board) with notes tacked to it

Zolomon wanders into the room, still unsure whether he wants to go to the feast or not...there is all the food, but then again his friend won't be there, he sits on the far side of the room by the door to Cavern Hole   

Benar is standing by the top table in front of the tapestry of Martin chattering away softly to several novices who have been helping to put the finishing touches to the tables. It all looks very jolly with candles and lights and place settings and drinks being set out in large jugs and ewers and firkins but no food yet.   

Zinnia had been in the other room more quiet there and she could feed her dibbuns in quiet, She is talking with another badger, Takeo, whom she passes carefully the two dibbuns so they stay asleep letting him take them elsewhere for now. She smiles as she sees Benar on the other side of the room and then glances a the hare recognizing him from a couple days ago.. "Hi...you’re the hare that was in Uncle Oz's room aren’t you?" She remembers briefly, then again most of the night was fuzzy..."I think you fainted.." She manages a small chuckle as she sits down in a close by chair still somewhat sore and a little tired.   

Zolomon jumps slightly and looks over as if thinking "Oh..yeah...I was gonna help and...."He frowns, "Yeah not de best aid guess, dibbuns and all..well when they are being born that is, leave it to healers and dibbun caretakers" He then smiles "Anyway...congrats and all, even if I failed to help."   

Benar starts to make his way through the room as he spots the badger lady, "Zinnia," He calls out as he approaches, waving a paw, "Congratulations to you and welcome home"   

Zinnia smiles "Rayen was there...."She sees Benar and smiles wide "Abbot Benar, it is good to see you and I am glad to be back I missed the abbey"   

Zolomon waves to the Abbot" Sir Abbot..."   

Benar says, "Zolomon good day to you as well," He smiles at the hare and turns Zinnia back to face him, "Don't be rude Zinnia my dear, you've not been gone that long. Don't let me interrupt your conversation with Zolomon I just wanted to say hello to you now you are back with us."

Zinnia nods "I am not sure how long I am back..."She looks bac to Zolomon “And thanks, and I am sure your helpful around here when needed"   

Zolomon shrugs "Maybe, not always bally well helpful though, but I try ta be"   

Benar says, "Everyone has their place here at Redwall Zolomon, we are all helpful in different ways," He glances at Zinnia and inclines his head, "I had hoped you had come home. But I guess you will want to return to Takeo's home?"

Zinnia smiles, "I could maybe stay the rest of the winter, the cubs....shouldn't travel too soon after all"   

Zolomon says, "true chap, I helped some beasts get back here from the snow"   

Benar says, "Indeed see Zolomon, we all have an area we are experts at," he nods to Zinnia, "of course the children probably shouldn't travel until they are a bit bigger."

Zinnia nods, If able she goes to give Benar a gentle hug "I..I didn’t mean to be away so long Abbot and sorry I wasn't able to see any news back to the abbey"   

Benar says, "It is ok" he does permit the hug and smiles "I am just glad you are safe we were all very worried."

Zolomon says, "Yeah back just in time for the jolly feast, good timing I say"   

Zinnia chuckles a little, “Well I didn’t know there was a feast till last night."   

Benar says, "Well there is always a feast Zinnia, every month and you are home just in time for it. So I am sure there will be plenty of good food. If we can keep Zolomon away from all of it"

One of the hare's ears goes up "Wot...the food is good, I could even help taste test it to make sure if ya like abbot, a good feast can get one's mind off things" Zolomon states.

Zinnia smiles, "I know there is a seasonal one...and sometimes things get one's mind off troubles and sometimes not"   

Benar smiles "Well I am sure you can ask Friar Lacota to let you into the kitchen to taste test if you like Zolomon I am not sure how he will take it." He smiles at Zinnia and shakes his head, "I hope you have no troubles a young mother should be trouble free"   

Zinnia frowns "Worried about Xander. I was away for...so long and I wasn’t here when he was found and I tried to talk to him and I think, he thinks I abandoned him and now he is in the infirm."   

Zolomon ears droop " I should of been quicker to fire my arrow at that foul fox, but I didn’t want to risk hitting anyone else and then the fox managed to stab him"   

Leon makes his way down the steps and into the great hall, having taken the rest of the day from the infirm. He has left another in charge, if he is needed he is sure they will come fetch him.   

Benar shakes his head and lays a hand on Zinnia's arm, "No recriminations today. He was with Zee until the end and he would not have taught him that you abandoned him"   

Zinnia nods "I...will try not to worry, let the healers handle it, besides today is supposed to be a good day, and being happy with friends and, family not seen in months"   

Zolomon decides to stay quiet, least for now as he don’t have much to offer to cheer one up, least for now.   

Leon enters the rest of the way into the room "Abbot Benar is right. Angela is in the infirm and will let us know if anything changes with Xander." He offers a smile

Benar says, "Indeed and Xander may well make it down to the feast you never know." He looks around and frowns, "Hmm we are going to need more benches on those tables, do excuse me a moment." he hurries off to talk to Sister Jasmine"   

Zinnia nods, she glances at Leon "Hello Brother Leon, you staying down here for the feast?"   

Leon nods "Yes I plan to....Dorarose and Lillymore will most likely be here in a little while" He finds a seat to sit down in for now. Caleb comes down and waves to the others while he is helping with a couple things before the feast.   

Zinnia smiles “It feels good to be back at Redwall" She glances around “It would be better if Takeo would get down stairs, but I am sure he will soon"   

Zolomon says, "I meet the chap, least for a few moments, right nice fellow "   

Benar says, "He probably has his hands full with the children. Just as I have my hands full with this feast if you will just le time past" the abbot slips past everyone and heads off"   

Leon nods "I meet him by the road, he has good healer skills. "   

Zinnia smiles "You are probably correct." It’s about this time a small seagull enters the room and lands by Zinnia "Lady Zinnia.."Zinnia smiles "Aira where have you been?" The bird answers "Exploring the woods." The badger chuckles, smiling as its clear she is feeling better. "Will you find Takeo and tell him the abbeys feast is soon" The bird saults and heads off.   

Zolomon tilts his head "Was that a bally sea gull?"   

Benar watches the bird, "A long way from the sea... a friend of yours Zinnia? Well they are most welcome to the feast. But I really should take my seat look the food is coming in." And indeed the Friar's staff are wheeling in trolleys and carrying trays laden with dishes they start to lay out on the tables   

Zolomon grins "Abbey food, always the best"   

Oz enters and is followed by the dibbuns whom he and Sister Ginny get to sit down and quiet down.   

Leon smiles as he sits down with his family to get ready for the feast   

Zinnia nods "Yes, she is sort of a messenger and gives advise"   

Marek arrives, a little late and wears one of his better tunics, trailing him is a guard at all times, to which he doesn’t mind too much as he looks around, some ignore him and others stare at him.   

Zaram arrives with Marek, the mole waves to an abbey novice and then goes to sit down.

LilyMoore is here, dressed in her finest deep blue winter dress and is being trailed by a little flock of about 5 birds, her friends that she invited to the Feast.  Apparently she can understand every word that they're saying.  She is excited that her friend Marek is here, but, after waving at him when no one was looking, she avoids him to try and protect him.  Angela is volunteering in the Infirmary again this Feast so the other Healers can enjoy it.  Blisa is absent, deciding that her village needs her there today.  DoraRose volunteered to guard Marek while he is here, and she's busy doing that.  Dressed in her black outfit, she keeps whatever weapon she's been allowed to have by her side at all times, even if it's just a staff.

Leon watches the bird and then smiles as he sees his mate and daughter and goes over to them, talking with them quietly before the feast starts.   

Benar has just taken his seat at the high table. The great hall is filling up with beasts and food. The four long trestle tables running the length of the hall laden with people jostling for seats as the Elders and others take their places at the long high table set before the tapestry. The room smells rich with the scent of cooked food and various drinks.   

Zolomon waves at Marek "Hey Mr. M!" Yes lets draw attention to him.   

Quade enters shortly after Marek does “Well a feast, always good to go to sir” He has a bandage on his left paw, a slight case of frostbite on a couple fingers, its slowly healing.” How is your paw sir?”

Marek nods “It is just the palm and the small finger, it is fine Mr. Quade. “

Quade nods “Course sir” He finds a chair.

Lilymoore smiles at Marek from where she is sitting.

Dorarose stays close, keeping an eye on Marek and waiting for the feast to start.

Zinnia stands carefully and starts to walk over Marek, about then Takeo comes down with the twins as Zinnia smiles. She walks on up to him "Hello Marek, I am surprised you are here, This way I can say Thank you for helping me on the road when I was pushed into the icy ditch, you didn’t just save me...you saved them too" She points to the newborn cubs, that were born after she got inside the abbey. On Takeo's shoulder is Aira.   

Marek blinks, being thanked is different to him and he simply nods as he remains by the doorway, the guard shrugs and just watches him for now unsure where the stoat is to sit.   

Oz tilts his head as Sister Ginny whispers something to him and he nods, the dibbuns for now are behaving nicely.   

Benar looks up as people start saying Marek's voice. He glances at the others sitting with him then stands up, he holds up one hand and waits for people to grow quiet.   

Marek stays where he is, the guard motions for him to stay put as they go to ask Benar where the stoat should go, meanwhile he frowns as some seem to not care, a couple beasts do...one vole moves far far away from him and a couple dibbuns wave.   

Zolomon waves as he remains Quiet

Zinnia Sits down with Takeo and the badger cubs and smiles, the cubs are lucky asleep...for now anyways.   

Leon waits to see how this will go and simply watches quietly and waits for the feast to begin.

Benar talks to the guard and sends them back, Marek is told he can sit wherever he likes and the Abbot welcomes him. Benar meanwhile has started his speech, "Thank you all for coming. Everyone here is a welcome guest of the abbey for our feast." He picks up his goblet, "We have new and old friends amongst us and I would hope everyone here at the abbey will give them the greatest welcome and a real Redwall feast atmosphere." He lifts his goblet, "And so do I name this the Winter of Reflection and declare this feast to be open."

Oz smiles "A good name.." He helps to quiet down some giggling dibbuns and he and Sister Ginny help to get the dibbuns food before they get their own.   

Quade gets a large plate of food and a tall glass of ale before sitting back down and starts eating, hey he missed breakfast and lunch.

Leon nods, once the speech is given he goes to get a plate of food and some cordial.   

Zaram gets some deeper than ever beet pie and eats it happily, and some juice to drink.

Dorarose gets a small plate so she can still be on guard duty as well as still eat.

Caleb helps a couple beasts get plates and then gets himself some soup and juice.

Marek waits till the guard returns before finding a place to sit, he lets some of the others get a plate before he gets one. A mole with him gets a nod to just go ahead and get a plate, the stoat will get one soon.   

Zolomon grins and goes to get a plate filled high with salad, some pastries, some rolls, a couple slices of cake and manages to balance a bit of fish. He gets some October ale after he sits his plate down and then proceeds to eat "I must say...jolly good food wot!"   

Zinnia smiles as she remains sitting as Takeo gets up to get Zinnia some food, a couple abbey novices volunteer to watch the dibbuns smiling and ahhhing at the cuteness of sleeping babies.   

Benar settles down and helps himself to some pie and a tankard of ale and watches the abbey beasts and their guests dig into the veritable feast laid on   

Zaram smiles as he speaks with some fellow moles.

Oz gets himself some food and some mint tea before sitting back down by the dibbuns.   

Quade looks around, a nod here and there is made as he eats and enjoys the feast.

Marek finally gets up and walks slowly over to where the food is, he does get one glare but it’s to be expected and for now stays silent as he gets some food and drink and sits back down.   

Zinnia smiles as she gets some food and then Takeo gets his own food soon after Zinnia has her's. The newborn cubs are still asleep and close by her of course.   

Leon decides to walk over to Zinnia and peek at the cubs and smiles "So have you named them yet?"   

Benar stands up after finishing his pie and heads out amongst the crowd of beasts, stopping to talk and say his hellos to everyone as he passes by. Pausing here and there to give a word or three and then he is standing next to Marek, "So Marek,"  He says, "Welcome back to Redwall Abbey..."   

The beast responsible for all this fine food is busy making sure everything is going well, entering and exiting the kitchen every few minutes. Soon enough, however, the squirrel makes his way to Zinnia and stands there, looking her over with a critical eye. "You look well. It has been a few seasons... Welcome back..."   

Marek nods "Greetings Mr. Benar and thank you for the invite to the abbey. It does appear there is some mixed feelings on me being here, but that’s to be expected." He takes a sip of some ale.   

Zinnia smiles at Leon and at Lacota, "Friar Lacota..."She frowns as one of the twin newborns start to cry and she picks them up to rock them and then answers "Yes they have names, course I asked Uncle Oz if it was ok and he approved....One is named Northstar and...the boy is named after papa...His name is Zork." She chuckles a little, the one crying calms down and yawns. "Oh this is my mate Takeo" The tall badger beside her bows his head "Hello good sir"

-Finishes in http://forum.rwmuck.org/viewtopic.php?id=83 -

Last edited by oz (2017-01-20 08:02:04 PM)

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

Board footer