Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-08-09 07:08:36 PM

oz

Ferravale Takeover-Part 2-Fate of Marek TP

Who:
Melantha - Former leader of The Blackrose

Marek-Ambassator of Ferravale and Tavern Owner

Nightbreath- Village Seer of Ferravale

Ormaz- Evil horde leader

Kakarauri - Head Assassin for Ormaz

Atticus-Visiting Ferret

Vojin-Head Guard of Ferravale

Assorted spoofs of main guards, town guards, vairies town beasts and horde beasts

Log:

Right after this one:

http://forum.rwmuck.org/viewtopic.php?id=783

The day has been long and hard, and it has only just begun. The sun shines down on the village of Ferravale in Mossflower country as an enemy force strives to conquer it.

The attacking army at the front gates is striving to place ladders while the defenders valiantly fight them off. The dead from both sides can be seen, riddled with arrows, concussed with rocks, and one small group of evil ones crushed under a log that the Nightwings, birds of Ferravale, dropped on them. The birds are flying around, dropping stones and sticks on the enemy below, and struggling to not be downed by the arrows flying up towards them.

Unbeknownst to the defenders, a group of the enemy has made it into the village from the back entrance. Smoke begins to billow into the sky as a few houses that were set on fire catch fully aflame.

Down in the forest can be seen the disappearing tail of Basilisk the whip tail snake as he vainly tries to hunt down Ormaz, the beast who stole his beloved Blisa. The huge reptile disappears into the forest, blinded by dust. No one is crazy enough to follow him, at least not at this particular moment

Up on the wall, Ferdinand the ferret peers down, biting his lip as he discovers he can't see the stupid snake anymore. Curses. When (he can't let himself think 'if') Blisa returns, she'll have his hide. He turns to the remaining members of his task force of bodyguards (the trainees have already been felled). Pointing to Nightbreath and Marek, he loudly says, "Hurry! Get them into the tavern!" Clarissa the rat, Statler the stoat, and Waldo the weasel nod and go to help the Ambassador while Ferdinand looses a couple of arrows, and Hank the fox neatly decapitates an enemy that got too close. His axe is bigger than DoraRose's, and strikes about as much fear into the hearts of his opponents as hers does.

On the ground below, the vixen Valerie squints up at the Ambassador. "Bring him down here to me! I don't think he's doing too well."

And the battle rages on.....

Nightbreath turns with uncanny intuition to parry a blow that would've struck him in the back. In his other arm, he half-carries, half-drags Marek down the stairs of the walls, towards the tavern. Handing the Ambassador off to Statler, Waldo, and Clarissa, he returns to the wall tops, raising his sword with a wordless shout. Ormaz, meanwhile, slinks through the ranks, feeling his anger build up again with the disappearance of the snake. Fortunately, the horde as a whole were too preoccupied with the assault to notice his momentary cowardice. Snatching up a shield from a fallen rat, he draws his sword in his other paw....

Marek slowly opens one eye to survey the chaos only to fall unconscious again, being carried off away from the battlefield, the last thing in his line of vision is the exodus of Ferravale's finest to the tavern to reach the second line of defense in hopes of stopping the invaders.

Melantha stays off to the side, she has a captive and a main one, this should look good for the new boss, though she does secretly hate him but stays quiet as she motions for a rat to tie Vojin's paws behind his back "Maybe they will slow in fighting now, your the head guard aren't ya...I remember you from a few weeks ago in the tavern one day"

Kakarauri chuckles as she skips along, chaos and she loves it as she looks around and grins "This is fun..." She stabs a random rat and shrugs.

Vojin glares at the cat "What of it , so you have me..so what."He frowns at the fighting around him and sighs, he feels like he has failed in even allowing himself to get captured.

A little off from the wall, away from the major fighting, comes another ferret, one with a sack over his shoulder. He's hedged his bets, and, to be frank, Atticus isn't one to willingly be in a siege at all. Now, only problem left to figure out is that of getting out. The nice town was, well, nice, but he isn't willing to die here - or beyond grabbing what those who /are/ willing to die here will no longer need. "No siree." He mutters to himself, looking for something that'll let him out. He swallows some air, nervously glancing about as the noise of battle increases. Fiddling with the small blade he bought on poor Earwood's advice, he feels with his free paw the wall, looking for purchases. It seems his plan is to climb out, then. An arrow lands far too close to Atticus for comfort, and he hugs the wall, hoping to avoid being shot. Whatever's in the sack clanks loudly as it smacks the stone, the ferret wincing as it does so, muttering, "Not today! You'll never get me today! /Not today!/" over and over again.

Statler and Waldo go to carry the Ambassador over to Valerie, who is rummaging about in her haversack. "Lay him down," she orders. Clarissa is walking behind them, keeping an eye out for any enemies.

Up on the wall, Ferdinand starts to make his way towards the Seer.  "Nightbreath!  We've got to get you out of here!"  He swipes at an enemy ferret who is wielding a foil just as he climbs up over the top of the wall, and the invader takes the initiative to start a duel.  The Head Bodyguard curses under his breath, blocking his enemy's parries with his sabre.  He has to get out of this fight and get to the Seer. It's his duty as bodyguard to protect the leader of Ferravale, and with Blisa being held captive, that role has fallen on the shoulders of Nightbreath and Marek (who, in painful honesty, are better fighters than the Chieftain).  If they die.....well, that would be really, really bad.  Ferdinand growls as he doesn't parry fast enough and gets a small wound on his side.  He has to get out of this duel....

Hank roars and swipes the foil-bearing ferret off the wall, and he falls screaming until he lands on the heads of his comrades below. Ferdinand looks down, then looks up at his fox follower, who just smiles crookedly.

Nightbreath trades blows with a burly marten wielding a blade in each paw; he evens the odds by severing the beast's left paw at the wrist, then kicks him off the wall to his fate before his foe recovers from the shock. Ormaz, meanwhile, is almost at the wall, letting out a yell as he allows himself to fall into the thrill of battle. Finding a ladder, he begins to climb.

Melantha smirks"Oh it matters, they see their head guard a captive sort of brings hope crashing down"She goes to shove him towards where beats can see him better or least Ferravale ones as she smirks.

Kakarauri keeps alert as she brings chaos with her, a lone otter, yeah woodlander choose bad day to visit, decides to fight her but she is ready and has her twin blades with her." I bring twin blades of death!"

Vojin stumbles and snorts, he looks towards the walls and sighs, and the tavern then frowns, this is not good he has to get loose, he has to get away from this,but how.

Seeing no more arrows landing nearby, Atticus timidly backs off from the wall, looking up. With a bite of the lip, the ferret reaches up grabbing at a stone. The screams of dying beasts are disconcerting, as well as the fighting on the wall tops, but, he'll deal with that when he gets there. One thing at a time. The sack is making quite a bit of noise as he climbs up, and, as the ferret makes his way to the top, he tosses the sack up first, clambering up after it. He lies there for a moment, panting. Another arrow whistles in his ear, and he leaps up, looking frantically about. There's a tree nearby, close to the wall... Atticus starts stretching his legs, preparing.

Ferdinand and Hank get on either side of the Seer, beating off baddies with the ferret's sabre and the fox's humongous battleaxe. "Nightbreath!" the Head Bodyguard tries again. "We need to get you out of here. If you get captured, too, Ferravale ith thure to fall, even if we have to retreat to Redwall. The villagerth who ethcape will be lotht without a leader."

Valerie kneels beside the Ambassador as Statler and Waldo gently lay him down on the ground. Checking his vital signs, she frowns, her brow furrowing. "This doesn't look good...quick, hold his head up!" as the stoat and the weasel comply, she pulls out a powder, opens the stoats mouth, and places it under his tongue. The package says 'white willow bark' on it in black ink.

Clarissa, guarding them, spots some of the enemy trying to get down off the wall. Taking her bullwhip off its loop on her belt and drawing one of her knives, she roars, "Prepare for attack, shipmates!"

Kakarauri grins "Chaos!!!!" She laughs  and swings her blades at random beasts some flee, a couple die and others back off, she accidentally gets one of her own rats "Oppps stay outta the way" She then goes to see whom she can..well enslave and figure out where to take them.

Nightbreath's blade-rope snakes out, lancing through a ferret's side. Ripping it free and coiling it again, Nightbreath switches back to using his sword. "I will go," he agrees calmly despite having to raise his voice to be heard over the din of battle. "But I will not abandon you yet! I have a task for you, Ferdinand. Fulfill your oath as bodyguard! Find Blisa and bring her to safety--where exactly that would be does not matter--" He pauses to rip his blade through a rat's throat. "--only that you rescue her. I will buy you time. Fate is in the air tonight, and this is not my time to fall!" He finishes his declaration in a defiant shout as he draws his hidden dagger from his robe's sleeve, sinking it into the chest of a horde beast who had locked blades with him. Sparks shower from the jagged edge of his sword as he frees it from the dying attacker's sword.

Ormaz finally reaches the ramparts, kicking one of the remaining Ferravale guards off with a cruel laugh. He begins to fight his way towards the nearest stairs down, working his way towards the tavern...

Melantha just smirks, she looks at Vojin "Arnt you a leader too......how interesting"She chuckles as she looks towards the shouting guards "Hey I have your head guard what ya think of that!!"

Marek coughs suddenly as he violently returns to consciousness and looks around, despite the best efforts of the healers to hold him down, Marek races towards the tavern with his sword drawn and manages to cut through an unfocused fox in his path before once again falling to one knee, still not fully recovered as the healers once again race to his side, carrying him away as he falls to the ground, still conscious and aware but unable to move. "Do not *cough* give up, Ferravale must not fall". Marek attempts to speak again but his words are lost in the chaos as he and the healers vanish from sight, hoping in vain to escape the battlefield unaware of the enemy soldiers approaching rapidly from behind.

Vojin frowns as he looks up in Defeat mouthing a sorry, if its even seen.

Twirling the sack of loot around his head, Atticus lets it go suddenly - and right into the face of a rat that pops its head over the rampart. The unfortunate horde beast falls with a scream, a broken nose, and the ladder the rat was gasping. All three, rat, ladder, and loot sack, hit the ground with a clang, crunch, and scream. Meanwhile, the culprit of the murder of this rat, and unintentional foil of a wall top breach, is booking it down the wall top toward a less... chaotic section, cursing his luck and poor judgment. And then another beast leaps onto the wall from another ladder, this time in front of Atticus, and the ferret - skidding to a halt, pulling his blade out - waves to the weasel. A bluff is all that's left to him, if he wants to live. "Oi! Mate! Over here - it's clear an' I saw a few beast, er, going to the, er, inner town! We're breaking through! Come on! Loot an' stuff awaits! ONWARD TO DEATH AN' ...uh, death..." He's trying to save his own skin, no one else's. With that in mind, he charges into a place were the fighting /isn't/ really that bad. The complete opposite of the seer. And the head guards. And if the ferret remember correctly, there was also a snake, somewhere. Not fun.

More chaos ensues as Valerie starts shouting and screeching at the Ambassador. She has obviously been taking lessons from Angela about bullying her patients. Statler and Waldo draw their weapons and face the oncoming enemy. Clarissa, noting the Head Guard's 'sorry', nods, hoping he understands that she doesn't blame him.

Ferdinand stares at the Seer for a few moments, indecision holding him hostage. Then he nods. "I thwear I will. Come on!" He orders Hank, who follows him without question.

The Head Bodyguard rushes down the stairs, making a path through his enemies, fire burning deep within his eyes. Dashing over to the bodyguards on the ground, he orders them to follow, which they do without hesitation. They are stopped by a Black Rose member, whose life is stopped by the swift, expert snaking strike of the ferret's sabre, whose fury and mission cannot be stopped.

He leads his task force to the South, to an exit only they know of. They quietly and quickly slip out into the depths of Mossflower woods, headed to Redwall.....

Nightbreath, step by step, is being forced back towards the tavern. But for every step he takes, another horde beast dies. He would swear he can feel the strings of fate weaving together, coalescing into one singular duty: /Protect./ His paws are tired and he's bleeding from a few minor wounds soon enough, but still he fights on, his sword a reaping tide against the dam of the horde, winnowing them down beast by beast. And, of all things, he begins to sing, joyously, at the top of his lungs as he slays. Ancient words long forgotten by any save his lineage, spoken in forgotten tongues. As the fighting grows ever more desperate, he switches to the common tongue in a roar. "I am thunder!" He brings his sword down to cleave through one beast. "I am fury!" On the back swing, he parries a spear strike angled for his throat with such force that the spear haft is sundered. "I am War!" With a low kick, he sends a beast sprawling backwards to be trampled by the horde beasts as they surge forwards. "Wrath is my name, and Vengeance my calling!" He laughs now, even as blood, sweat, and tears stream down his face as he looks upon what could very well be the death of his home. "AND JUSTICE IS MY ARMOR!" He smashes aside another blow, totally at one with his weapon and the ebb and flow of combat. "I am the Hammer! I am the point of the Spear! I am the Gauntlet about the Fist! I am the Bane!" He slices easily through the next beast, but more press in, forcing him back to the tavern. "I am the Soldier at the End of Time! In my Master's name, I BRING DEATH!" They pay dearly in blood to force him through the door, ever further back. "My will is eternal! Against the fire, I am stone! Against the storm, I am the sea!"

His limbs feel as lead from sheer exhaustion, and finally his wounds begin to take their toll. He's too slow to parry the next strike that bites into his flank, and a shield batters him back further. That shield is wielded by none other than Ormaz, who grins savagely. "You aren't so hard to kill." The Seer's eyes blaze with defiance. "I AM THE WEAPON OF THE LIGHT!" He hurls his dagger with a flick of his wrist, and it hurtles through the air. Time seems to slow down as the dagger hisses forward as if the power of every Seer ever born is behind it...But fate has other plans for Ormaz, seemingly. The dagger, due to Nightbreath's exhaustion and injuries, is just slightly off target, and Ormaz howls in pain as it slices through the side of his neck--but not deep enough to open his throat. Nightbreath, nearly spent, snarls and locks blades with the villain with a colossal effort. However, he's so exhausted, and so focused on killing Ormaz that even he doesn't predict the blow from a towering, brawny ferret that makes stars dance before his vision. At last, the Seer falls to the ground. But not slain. Not yet.

Ormaz prods the ermine with a boot disdainfully, heedless of the blood that pours down his side. "Take him alive," he orders coldly.

Last edited by oz (2018-08-13 12:35:08 PM)

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

#2 2018-08-13 12:24:02 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

Re: Ferravale Takeover-Part 2-Fate of Marek TP

UNGH.

The web client I use suggests the previous commands I've done when the one I'm doing right then starts in a similar way.  And it sometimes uses the previous command, even when what I'm typing that time is different, without my permission >.<

In my 2nd pose in this log, the 2nd huge paragraph is wrong.  It's supposed to say this:

Up on the wall, Ferdinand starts to make his way towards the Seer.  "Nightbreath!  We've got to get you out of here!"  He swipes at an enemy ferret who is wielding a foil just as he climbs up over the top of the wall, and the invader takes the initiative to start a duel.  The Head Bodyguard curses under his breath, blocking his enemy's parries with his sabre.  He has to get out of this fight and get to the Seer. It's his duty as bodyguard to protect the leader of Ferravale, and with Blisa being held captive, that role has fallen on the shoulders of Nightbreath and Marek (who, in painful honesty, are better fighters than the Chieftain).  If they die.....well, that would be really, really bad.  Ferdinand growls as he doesn't parry fast enough and gets a small wound on his side.  He has to get out of this duel....

It's just that the web client I have to use hates me >.<

Last edited by BlisaMarshmellow (2018-08-13 12:25:15 PM)

#3 2018-08-13 12:35:19 PM

oz

Re: Ferravale Takeover-Part 2-Fate of Marek TP

fixed

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

Board footer