Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-08-02 05:46:12 PM

oz

Ferravale Takeover-Part 1-Fate Of Marek TP

Who:

Patch-spy,Tavern Worker, sort of fighter

Marek-Ambassator of Ferravale, Tavern Owner, Tempery co-Leader of Ferravale

Nightbreath- Seer and Tempary Co-Leader of Ferravale

Melantha- Leader of Black Rose, In ormaz's horde

Vojin-Head Guard of Ferravale

Basil- snake

Ormaz- Horde leader and Evil Warlord

Spoofs of Ferravale Guards, Spoofs of Horde Beasts, Spoofs of ravens and crows, spoofs of Ferravale beats.

Log:

Vojin has his guards ready, or lest he hopes he does as he looks around and it seems calm, a little too calm so he is more nervous . By him is 3-4 other guards that all look to him for orders on what to do.

Patch has went to find needed beasts and comes back looking around with a frown"The quiet is not good, I tell yas...not good at all"

Marek has been standing at the gates with Vojin for some time, his face a thinly veiled mask of worry and his paw on the sword that he seems equally uncomfortable wielding. "If Patch's intelligence is correct, then my brother's assault should be approaching soon. I only wish we knew how large their numbers were"

Ferdinand comes up behind the tavern owner, the rest of the bodyguards (including the 2 trainees) following closely behind. "Hath there been any newth of Mith Blitha?" He asks anxiously. All the bodyguards have obviously had a very hard time handling the Chieftain's kidnapping, but the ferret has taken it particularly hard. Rumor has it that he hasn't slept since she was taken. It's not /entirely/ true....

Behind the group is Blisa's pet snake, Basilisk. He's hissing and muttering, also not taking the cat's kidnapping very well. Most beasts are giving him a wide berth.

Vojin sighs, "Not yet..no demands at all, nothing but it doesn't mean we sit around and worry, we be ready for an attack and likely soon. There was a report of a small group of horde beasts on the path, then there has been horde beasts around here and there.

Melantha stays nearby, hidden for now as she waits and she hates waiting.

Meanwhile Patch is close by the guards of Ferravale as he looks around and walks closer to the others "Yeah..maybe 2-3 of em' ..had some mouse captive, killed another one."

Marek raises an eyebrow at Patch's report and nods, sheathing his sword for now. "Thank, you Patch. While I loathe to take up arms once again, I'm afraid that I must do so" He turns to Vojin. "Be prepared for battle, Mr. Vojin. I sense that there is more to this assault then we previously imagined"

Ferdinand passes a paw over his eyes and forehead. "I thouldn't've opened the windows..." "Ferdinand, stop, we've already talked about this..." Valerie admonishes him. Clarissa keeps a watch on the trainees, who seem to be doing a good job so far. The rest of bodyguards shy away as Basil slithers up and goes to nudge the Head Guard of the city guards with his nose. "Sssss....have you sssseen the beassst who took Blissssa?"

Vojin is use to the snake, from a distance and backs away a little "No or I likely would of stopped them" He keeps his calm, snake or no snake maybe it will scare away some beasts who try to attack after all. He stays alert as he looks around, and even skyward a couple times.

Patch as he folds his arms and then lays a paw on his dagger at the sound beside him and glares at a weasel who passes by, one clearly drunk weasel looks like.

Marek takes to the back of the line to give orders, only wiling to shed his now pacifist lifestyle if absolutely necessary, equipping his bronze paw with a large baton he takes the attention of the Ferravale Guard as well as whatever Defender beasts may have opted to stay behind and rallies them to the gates. "Whatever is coming is approaching now, be ready, Mr. Vojin"

Basil hisses, and slithers over to the tavern owner. The reptile's torso is literally in everyone's way, crisscrossing the street a couple of times. "Sssss....if Blissssa'ssss kidnapperssss are here, leave them to me, ssss...." He is in a pretty terrible mood, and so very few people are even speaking to him, much less trying to get him out of the way. Blisa is the only beast who can control him, so he's a bit of a possible danger right now. Ferdinand, Head Bodyguard, looks at the other bodyguards, who nod at him. He turns back to the Head Guard and says, "Where thould we be? We want to help defend the village while Mith Blitha ith mithing."

Vojin nods as he is ready. Or as ready as he can be, then who is ever truly 100% ready.

Marek assumes his command position and is already shouting orders. "I hope that your intelligence was not too late, Patch. I sense a much graver threat than we originally assumed"

Ferdinand and the other bodyguards get into position. Most of them only have close-range weapons, but the Head Bodyguard notches an arrow on the string of his recurve bow, and both of the trainees load their slings. Basilisk is whining on the ground about how he can't get up on the wall, and it can literally be heard outside the walls. Incredibly annoying. The birds of Ferravale, the Nightwings, have settled in the nearby trees, on the roofs of buildings, and on the walls in between the guards. Just waiting. There are piles of rocks nearby for the sling beasts and for the birds to drop on people.

"A grave threat indeed, Marek," Nightbreath says as he arrives on the ramparts. His blade-rope is loosely coiled around his wrist, ready to swing, and his jagged-edged curved sword is at his hip. His hood is up and his eyes gaze piercingly to the east.

Vojin is ready, as is other guards as they wait to see what is going to happen and when. The head guard sighs but is ever alert for dangers.

Patch has his daggers, he will fight if needed and also looks up every so often, "Still too quiet I says"

Melantha is ready, but waits, if she had it her way she be attacking now. She dislikes someone bossing her around but attacking Ferravale is fine.

Ferdinand, for once, agrees with the spy rat. "Aye, /much/ too quiet." Valerie is on the ground with the still-whining Basil. She's a Healer, not a fighter, after all. Clarissa grips her bullwhip. "I don't like it, messmates. 'Tis like when...er, never mind," She trails off, deciding that now was not the time to mention that she used to be a pirate and they had some tussles with the Long Patrol. Not the time at ALL. The Nightwings continue to sit in silence, the movements from them being the wind ruffling their feathers. Virginia the rook, leader of the birds under Blisa, lands near the Seer and the Ambassador and caws softly.

Nightbreath nods in greeting to Virginia. "Well met on the eve of battle." Before he can say more, he catches sight of something moving beyond the walls. The glint of a metal blade reflecting sunlight, perhaps. Even as he opens his mouth to shout a warning, arrows begin hissing angrily towards the defenders from the east in a furious rain.

Vojin eyes widen as he calls the guards to get down, some of his guards have archers as well, and a couple guards are dead with arrows in them. Any village beast now decides to quickly get into the tavern as it seems the safer place right now.

Marek's eyes widen as the arrows approach and he is forced to dodge the sudden barrage. Although Marek himself manages to pull off an escape, a score of Ferravale's guards are not so lucky and with such a large chunk of the army decimated it becomes abundantly clear that the assault on Ferravale is not a petty raid but more that the sieges that Ferravale has become all too familiar with in the past. As the first volley's last arrows hit the ground, Marek inhales deeply as his stamina seems far more effected than he would have intended, a lone arrow tears through the air and buries itself violently into Marek's right shoulder, temporarily rendering the tavern owner vulnerable. A small roar of pain is heard as Marek forcibly removes the projectile against the better wishes of the soldiers around him and glares into the direction of the assault with a look of pure hatred. "He is here"

Virginia and the other birds on the wall have to make very undignified retreats onto the wall's walkway. Caws fill the air, including some anguished ones as a couple of birds lay transfixed by arrows on the ground. Ferdinand and the other bodyguards had ducked down behind the wall, with Valerie and Basil dashing over to the wall to avoid getting hit. Unfortunately, the snake gets one arrow stuck in his tail, and he starts screaming about how he's gonna die and take all of Blisa's kidnappers with him! The vixen Healer can be heard trying to get him to shut /up/ while she removes the arrow. The arrow removal works, but it only makes him yell louder. Ferdinand draws his bow taught and takes a careful peek over the wall, his eyes narrowing as he looks for an enemy to murder.

The unseen attackers loose a third volley, and, in almost the same instant, the bulk of the assault party reveals itself, Ormaz at their head, screaming at the top of his lungs in unholy defiance. The cry is taken up by the rest of the horde as they surge out of cover and towards the walls, some bearing ladders.

Vojin snorts as he watches this, he growls low and stands ready for a fight. One guard gets a little scared but is made to come back and stand their ground. The head guard knows he may well lose more guards, a couple horde rats decide to be brave and right away one dies, the other gets lucky and remains alive, and clearly ready to die for his master.

Melantha draws her blade and has a few horde beasts close to her, least she is able to boss around a few of them, not all but a few and that's fine with her. She slices at a beast from the gates that gets to close and smirks "Now this...is fun"

As Marek gets up to recover, he once again retreats to the back and guides the remaining guards towards the front, his face contorted in noticeable indecision. Should he give up the last seasons of peaceful doctrine or pick up his sword once more?

Ferdinand fires his arrow, then quickly draws another, aims, and fires, ducking back down to avoid more arrows. The trainees have fired off their stones, but then rat falls with an arrow in his head. "NO!" The Head Bodyguard cries. Virginia caws loudly, and the Nightwings take flight, grabbing rocks, flying over the enemy, and dropping the stones on them!

Nightbreath lets out a shout and flicks his wrist; his blade-rope snaps out to skewer a horde beast below, and with a grunt of effort he pulls it free, hauling it back up to himself, minus the impaled horseback. The rocks dropped by the Nightwings find more than a few easy marks among-st the horde, cracking skulls and distracting others long enough to make them easy prey for the defenders. Ormaz gestures the first wave of warriors forward onto the surviving ladders, grinning widely.

Marek notices his brother at the rear of the incoming horde and takes a deep breath, he did not want to do this but he gracefully draw his swords and cuts a swath through the horde beasts attempting to reach Ormaz and end this conflict once and for all, but his stamina further betraying him, Marek instead falls to one knee gasping for breath, something is terribly wrong.

Ormaz, by contrast, seems stronger than ever. He strides through the ranks of the horde, spotting Marek easily. A laugh rips free from his throat as he increases his pace, breaking into a sprint towards the walls.

Vojin fights nearby with a ferret, slicing the ferret and gets knocked down by a couple monitors that show up as he growls low and rolls out of the way of some claws.

Ferdinand fights back tears, and instead slips his bow over his shoulders, draws his saber, and starts attacking the attackers. The other trainee is fighting bravely, but she, too, falls to the enemy. A roar rips itself from the Head Bodyguard's throat, and the rest of the Chieftain's bodyguards look to him, then follow his lead. Clarissa puts up her whip and starts stabbing at the vermin climbing up to the walls. Basil spots the opening the Ambassador created and slithers over to him, his tongue tasting the air. As the Ferravale guards continue to try and defend their city, the huge snake hisses angrily as he catches the scent of Ormaz. Who he also smelled when Blisa got kidnapped. "You, ssss...." his gaze locks on the stoat, and his mouth opens as his hiss grows louder.

Marek holds his chest and he rises back to his feet, noticeably sweating but definitely holding up his sword, even in his weakened state he manages to block a massive strike from a monitor lizard's halberd though the resulting clash sends vibrations throughout both Marek's arm and the air. "Weak or not, I will not stand aside as you threaten those who have chosen to stand and protect". After blocking another strike he attempts to swing at the monitor but is met by a long slash of claws just under his neck leaving a deep wound. Marek is forced on the offensive as his backed into the wall by the monitor and surrounded by vermin foes, unable to find an opening he holds them back as long as possible but will it be enough or will this truly be his last day. "*Cough* A fair bit of help would be appreciated"

Nightbreath spots Marek's predicament and hurls himself over the wall, sliding down the front of a ladder and drawing his sword in both paws, cleaving a monitor's head in two as he lands. As the body crumples, he rips free his sword and whirls around to strike out at another horde beast, who stumbles back clumsily, giving Marek the opening he needs to strike. "Come, Marek! There is no honor to be gained dying in the mud! Rise up!" Ormaz, meanwhile, has almost reached his brother...

Ferdinand has also spotted the Ambassador's predicament, and he leads the bodyguards down to help the Seer help him. Meanwhile, Basilisk has slithered up to beside Ormaz, hissing angrily. "You....you sssssstole my Blisssa.....I ssssshould eat you, ssss...." The Nightwings continue to drop rocks and things on the enemy, and most of the birds have also started attacking the enemy, pecking and scratching at their faces and lifting them bodily into the air.

Marek coughs as he nods and rises to his feet, swinging his sword to slice a fox clean in two as he does so, though the pain in his chest has increased several fold. "Mr. Nightbreath, I feel as though I am being attacked from the inside. This is not a poison, but it feels just as dire. We must retreat and regroup if we are to survive this onslaught. I have set up a 2nd line of defense near the tavern proper, if we can meet them then we may be able to gain the upper hand with numbers, but we will...have..*cough*...to be quick"

"Understood," Nightbreath says with a nod. "Can you climb?" He asks, grunting as he slices through another horde beast One of many; they just keep coming, seemingly without fear, exhaustion, or pain. Ormaz, for the first time, notices the snake, and something approaching fear crosses his features. "Y-you..." Paws almost trembling, he draws his sword and prepares to defend himself...

Marek nods weakly as he strikes defensive blows with his bronze paw baton rather than his sword, noticing his brother's moment of hesitation he turns back to Nightbreath. "What do you have in mind?"

Basil hisses at his enemy. "Yessssss, me. Ssss, death awaitssss you. But firssst, let me hug you, sssss. Don't want you to die.....without comfort, sssss....." The huge snake has begun slowly circling the stoat (who can still escape the circle of death if he runs really fast), keeping his massive coils wide...for now. Why and how he's outside the locked village gates will be a mystery that no one will ever be able to solve. Not even Valerie, who was with him right before he somehow got out. Blisa would not be thrilled.

Ormaz's nerve deserts him. His desire for vengeance and thirst for blood is outweighed by pure, primal terror. Letting out a wordless shout he hurls himself free of the circle, eyes wide. He's gone from hunter to hunted. From predator to prey.

Nightbreath grabs Marek around the waist and with a roar of titanic effort begins to climb one of the unoccupied ladders. As he does so, he feels his former enemy, now comrade in arms, go limp. Cursing quietly, he heaves Marek's inert form onto the ramparts as he finishes his ascent. "Fighting retreat!" he bellows. "To the tavern, but make them bleed for every step!"

Basilisk lunges at his prey, but misses spectacularly, bumping his nose on the ground. Hissing, he tries to get dust out of his eyes as he follows what he thinks the path that Ormaz took is....but he goes to wrong way, deep into the woods. Ferdinand and the other bodyguards shoot and hit out at the enemy as they try to help the Seer and the Ambassador over the wall. "Deal!" Ferdinand cries, his eyes alight with fury, yet his cheeks wet with tears. "Let's get you 2 down to the ground." And in the heat of battle, he doesn't notice that he said an S without his lisp...

Vojin  has finally managed to kill one monitor and seriously injure the other that a couple guards barely take down, he stumbles and falls to his knees.

Melantha  has keep to the back for the most part and sees Vojin drop to his knees and chuckles as she races over and gets behind him, sword at his throat”I say......surrender or die, but please say No...so I can kill you”

Vojin frowns and hangs his head in defeat “I..surrender...”

Patch meanwhile frowns and races to the tavern, an arrow is in his shoulder and his right arm likely broken.

Last edited by oz (2018-08-02 07:32:04 PM)

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

#2 2018-08-02 08:03:56 PM

warrior_Otter_maid

Re: Ferravale Takeover-Part 1-Fate Of Marek TP

Kakarauri will so need to get in part 2...But trust me she likely killed some Ferrvale beasts that were foolish enough to be outside.

Board footer