Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-07-07 02:50:33 PM

oz

Ok The Architect Is Missing-Fate Of Marek TP

Right after

http://forum.rwmuck.org/viewtopic.php?id=739

Who:

Patch- Spy and Tavern Worker

Blisa-Chieftain of Ferravale

Marek-Ferravale ambassator and Tavern Owner

Atticus-visitor to Ferravale

Vojin-Head Guard of Ferravale

Karth-Archer in Mossflower Defenders(shows up for short while at end)

Some spoofed guards and varies beasts

Log:

Coming along down the road from the inner town is a ferret and rat. They seem to be arguing about something as they make their way towards the tavern - the last bit of which can be heard as, "And I'm not saying they should offer any help, you know. Just think being careful about where our paws dip into might be best!" The ferret seemed passionate about the subject as he said that. "Look, Atticus," the rat responded, "I'm not disagreeing, mate, but really, shouldn't we be on their good side? I mean, we're allies, right?" Sighing, Atticus stops walking, instead stepping to one side as a cart makes its way past the pair. "I guess. But I still think we shouldn't be as depend-" The rat starts as if to interrupt him, but he raises a paw, continuing, "- Eh, just let me finish - we shouldn't be as dependent on them as we are. Not saying we are *that* dependent, but even so."

Patch is in a hurry, in fact he just had to run into, like literately, into an already annoyed guard who looks ready to arrest him "Hey....I didn't do what ever has ya all in a tense state!"

Blisa has no idea why her wall guards are so upset, but she's out on the road to go talk to Vojin (assuming she can find him) to find out what's going on! Ferdinand and Clarissa are following, and the faint wails of Basilisk the whip tail snake can be heard. "UNGH, why does Basil want to follow me around?" the Chieftain mutters as she and her bodyguards skirt around the arguing rat and ferret. Ferdinand glances at them, having heard part of what they were talking about, but he's too busy following the Chief to talk to them.

Vojin shakes his head and walks over "Alright....now is not the time Patch unless you seen or heard something " He sighs "And today was supposed to be a nice day, a calm something good day"

Patch frowns "Ya supposed ta do some..what ever with de bell tower but all ya guards are all like...tense like and it wasn't me I was sent ta get stripy for Marek...meeting and all, recruit Defenders etc etc, frankly I think he is mad at me fer breaking his favorite chair"

Atticus leans back as he notices not only the chieftain, but the head-guard and rather annoying beast known as Patch. The other rat seems to notice them as well. "Maybe... Agh, not like we can do anything about it all, anyway." The rat says, looking over at the presumed trouble Patch got himself in with a snigger. "Also, did you really agree to work with that woodlander, by the way, Earwood?" Atticus asks his friend, rather out of the blue. He makes no comment on Patch or how nearly every creature present seems to really dislike him. "You know you might get yourself killed, right?" The question was in a hushed tone, and Earwood's expression goes dark. "Maybe." He simply says.

Blisa finds her Head Guard! Yay! That was easy. Marching over to him (and ignoring the spy and the 2 conversing freaks over there), she goes to tap him on the arm and asks, "Why are the guards upset? Did something happen I need to know about?" Ferdinand is very suspicious of the 2 conversing beasts, and he glances in their direction as he keeps a look around for danger. Clarissa goes to poke the spy. "Do you know anythin' about it, shipmate?" That is code for "Did you do it?" He tends to cause as many problems as possible, it seems, so she has the right to be suspicious.

Vojin frowns "Chieftain....we have an issue..Texo's home seemed to have been caught on fire, it was put out but he is missing and there was signs of...trouble. Also....."He frowns "Some blue prints he had are...missing"

Patch listens as he, well he stays put but does look over at the ferret and other rat, then back to the others,"See knew something was wrong earlier."

Atticus's and Earwood's eyes both got wide at the news, the rat, shaking his head, take the moment of silence from his friend to say, "See? I might be doin' the right thing by helping the treemouse!" Atticus just leans back against the wall, at a loss for words. "I suppose..." He finally says, his shoulders slumped. "Probably should help you, after all..." The ferret adds a curse under his breath. "Look, mate," he says to Ferdinand, "We're not gonna jump you lot, okay! So quit giving us the stink eye!" Earwood looks rather alarmed, adding to what the ferret said with, "What my friend means is that we're just going to a tavern for a bit before we go work for a bushtail!"

Marek steps out of his tavern and watches as the groups of beasts gather around and for now stays off to the side till he knows what is going on. He does glace over at Patch briefly.

Blisa's eyes widen. "WHAT?!" She claps a paw to her forehead. "Do you know which ones are missing? No, better yet, get me the ones that are still there and I'll compare them to what I have in my office. Then we'll know how bad this is." Ferdinand, seemingly unperturbed, merely looks his fellow ferret in the eye and says calmly, slowly, and quietly, "I am the Head Bodyguard of the Chieftain. It ith my job to be thuthpiciouth of everybeatht, ethpecially when the guardth of the town are on edge." Clarissa is keeping watch on everyone else. The Head Bodyguard can take care of himself.

Vojin nods "I can do that as I think a couple guards were seeing what was there, looking for clues and such. This happen sometime later this morning is my guess"

Patch just stays quiet and listens, it is his job to gather info after all. He was away this morning so he has no clue what is happening.

Atticus starts to say something, the annoyed look on his face seemingly meaning it'll be unpleasant - but Earwood stops him, saying, with a smile, "Right! Thank you for your service! Just doing his job well, amIrightAttticus?" The last part was said rather pointedly and quickly, with a rather severe look to his friend. Atticus simply gives a humph in response, crossing his arms.

Marek steps over, first to Patch "I do hope you found Mr. Xander Patch, I did ask nicely as I need to speak to him soon." He then goes over to where Blisa is.

Ferdinand regards the other ferret, then his rat friend. "My pleasure," is all he says, although his tone of voice indicates that he may have a slight problem with his fellow ferret here. Blisa glances at him now, catching the edge that has entered the voice of her usually gentle friend. "Good, Vojin," she says, not interrupting the tense little conversation at her shoulder for now. "Let me know when you find anything out. Marek, our architect is missing, his house having been set on fire. Does this sound like something your brother might do?" No beating around the bush with this girl. Also, she is paranoid. Don't mind her.

Patch frowns "I did find him and that archer otter fellow. They are in Ferravale....somewhere....trust me"

Vojin nods and speaks with the guards "Ok move out we look for clues on what happen, anything...move out" 5 guards follow him and one soon returns and whispers something to Blisa and hands her at least one blueprint that was found.

Marek says, "Its very possible and not a good thing" He gets a little closer so he can better speak to the chieftain " He may be trying to get info from Mr. Texo. let us hope not as I do remember I did not see Mr. Texo at the Tower earlier and sadly had to tend to some business at the tavern but I did not see him anywhere on my way to, nor on my way back to here.""

Earwood gives another smile to the bodyguard, saying to nobody in particular, "Actually, me an' my friend here are going to help, methinks, with this problem with a few woodlanders, actually!" The rat doesn't actually know for sure, but he's trying to not get his friend stabbed - Atticus seems to be in a rather foul mood for not only agreeing to something that might end in both their deaths but also being sidelined by Earwood when he was going to blow off some steam. "Annnnnd," Earwood adds, grabbing Atticus by the arm and pulling him towards the tavern, "We are just final drink before we head out to meet the woodlanders! /COME ON, ATTICUS. LETS JUST LEAVE THE NICE /ARMED/ BEASTS TO IT BEFORE YOU SAY SOMETHING DUMB, OKAY?/" The ferret just gives a grunt in repsonse, following his friend into the tavern.

Ferdinand watches them go, making a mental note to keep an eye out for them. Blisa bites her lip. "Curses. This is really bad. What a horrible way to start the day." Scowling, takes the blueprint. "Is this all that was left, or just all that you guys have found so far?" This isn't said harshly, although she is a little on edge.

The guard "Thin its all..maybe others are elsewhere?" The guard frowns "And no signs of Texo anywhere just clearly a struggle and a broke ale bottle with a rag in it by the broken window, the cause of the fire but not any ale from the tavern here."

Patch just folds his arms over his chest, he listens and stays put where he is as....well he really isn't sure where he is supposed to go or do right now.

Marek frowns "We may need to step up on the guards at the gates, maybe even recruit some more guards....trusted beasts"

Blisa nods as she folds up the blueprint. "Aye. Vojin, try to recruit more guards, and have some beast get Marek and Patch the ale bottle." She points to the tavern owner and the spy. "Find out where that came from. That might help us in our investigation." She turns and starts to walk away. As her bodyguards follow her, she adds over her shoulder, "I'll be in my office. Please let me know if you find out anything else." And then she walks away, rubbing her head.

Vojin nods as he salutes and turns to Patch, he takes a deep breath and exhales "I...do not like you but your useful sometimes...go try and find out something best you can and then report back to me" He looks over at Marek "Your thoughts sir?

Marek frowns "That my brother is not being so quiet now. Whom else would be behind this Mr. Vojin." He shakes his head as he turns to go to the tavern "I need to check on some things and Patch...find Mr. Karth and Mr. Xander first, then go do what ever else you need to do" He then walks to the tavern and on inside.

Patch nods and rubs his paws together "Right....first I figures out the bottle and I can ask around in de black Gull, maybe spy a little."

Vojin sighs as he listens. About that Time Karth walks up and catches some of what is told "Hello....no need to find me I am here and am supposed to meet Sir Xander at the tavern so one less job for..Patch"Yes he dislikes the rat also as he goes ahead to the tavern. Vojin just glaces at Patch "Well?"

Patch nods "Ok..no missing otters or badgers check...and ok ok alright already I am outta here..and this will cost ya, how much is left to be know..later" And he rat is off before he further angers anyone.

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

Board footer