Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-07-05 08:00:21 PM

The_Brony_Marek

Outline for Fate of Marek TP (Subject to Change if Necessary)

Now that Marek has returned to Ferravale and Ormaz has taken full control of pretty much all organized crime in Mossflower (connections that Marek and Patch have may be mostly untouched) the TP can truly get underway

Here is the initial plan, if edits need to be made because of availability or sudden changes, they will also be posted to this thread.

July 2018 (Basic Outline)

1. Marek has now returned to Ferravale, he meets with Xander, Patch and the Defenders and decides to gather allies by starting a recruitment drive for the Mossflower Defenders. This drive will mostly include NPCs but if someone wishes to create a new character, now is the time to do so. Patch can also provide allies and information through a less....reputable channel

2. Ormaz himself will also gather allies, while The Black Rose and The Shadow provide a good amount support you can never have too small of a horde if you want to take over Mossflower (if Nightbreath has not already done so, this would be a good time to create Ormaz)

3. Beasts will be begin disappearing from Mossflower, though these are mostly unimportant NPCs it will not go unnoticed by the leaders of Mossflower

4. The Ferravale Tower will be fitted with it's bell, although much construction is still needed (think the 1885 Clocktower from Back to the Future Part II where the clock worked but the tower wasn't 100% done yet)

5. On the night of the Tower Celebration, Texo will go missing which will place Ferravale on high alert

6. By the end of July, Ormaz will have captured Blisa (assuming I still have Blisa's permission for this) leaving Marek and Nightbreath in charge and the Siege of Ferravale will begin

August 2018 (Basic Outline)

1. The Siege of Ferravale won't last very long, and Ormaz will quickly overpower Ferravale

2. Knowing that Ormaz will soon attempt to capture Redwall as well, Marek pretends to "negotiate a surrender" and lure a large portion of Ormaz's horde (including his 2nd in command) into the Ferravale Tavern which he will then blow up (anyone getting deja vu from this?). He will tell nobody except Nightbreath about his plan making everyone else assume that Marek has betrayed them to his brother. Ormaz and Nightbreath will not be present at the meeting, instead they will be having a conversation in the Ferravale Jail that is concurrent to the events of the explosion.

3.  While he doesn't plan to, Marek will survive the explosion by falling into a forgotten mine shaft that runs underneath Ferravale (the same shaft that once held Quade's Lair) an will make his way to Redwall to recover.

4. Meanwhile, Ormaz will be furious at his losses but still plans to move forward with his takeover of Mossflower, wishing to cause his brother pain even from beyond the grave. When the leaders of the Black Rose and Shadow express their opinions against taking over Redwall (which they believe to be suicide at this point), Ormaz kills them. However, Melanthia manages to escape to connive another day and be a problem later.

5.  Marek makes his way to Redwall and recovers. After doing so he plans to travel to gather allies from Willowbark Abbey and Salamandastron, sending a group of Defenders to the mountain and himself taking a journey to Willowbark. Despite protests from the Abbey about the dangers of this trip given the horde threat as well as Marek's questionable condition (particularly by DoraRose) Marek takes the trip anyway and leaves to get allies.

6. Ormaz begins his Siege of Redwall and we can do a bunch of random stuff (fluctuating between silly and serious) like in the 1st Redwall Book. There will be comedy and there will be tragedy

7. By the end of August, the situation is starting to look pretty serious but Ormaz still hasn't managed to get through Redwall and neither side has suffered heavy losses. It's essentially a Stalemate

September 2018 (Basic Outline)

1.  The Defenders make their way to Salamandastron and request an audience with the Badger Lord. They are granted a small portion of the Long Patrol to aid Redwall, but are unable to get too large of an number (perhaps setting up for a Salamandastron TP since people have been thinking about that? We'd have to ask the Badger Lord first)

2. Marek makes his way to Willowbark and ask for their support. Although they can provide very few warriors, they grant Marek his request in exchange for aid from Mossflower to help them repair after a heavy storm.

3. Ormaz continues to lay Siege to Redwall and gets closer to his goal. AT this point I suppose the new champion would be in heavy training mode.

4. The two groups of Allies make their way to Mossflower to aid it in it's darkest hour

5. By the end of September, Ormaz has made his way into the abbey and a full-on fight begins, however before he can cause much damage Marek (who finally decides to draw his sword again) arrives with the cavalry and the day is saved.

6. While Ormaz is pretty much defeated, he'll refuse to go out without tormenting his brother as much as possible. He'll kill a few NPC Abbeybeasts and with the help of a few NPC horde members will hold Lilymoore at knifepoint until Marek and DoraRose jump in to save her.

7. In the fight, Marek is mortally wounded but grabs Ormaz and jumps off the Abbey Wall, sacrificing himself to save Redwall and end the tragic story of two brothers once and for all.

8. With Benar's permission, I would like to have Marek buried in Redwall, if that is okay with him.

#2 2018-07-05 08:07:29 PM

The_Brony_Marek

Re: Outline for Fate of Marek TP (Subject to Change if Necessary)

I forgot to include the part about freeing the slaves so Ferravale can have Blisa back. Feel free to put that anywhere on the timeline really, particularly after the Black Rose kinda falls apart (temporarily at least, they may be an issue later)

#3 2018-07-05 08:36:48 PM

oz

yeah Melantha will escape death, injured yes maybe he can throw her in the ditch as she is not the best swimmer and she gets lucky and her cloak snags onto like a tree root and she claws her way out and begs for help of the abbey beasts or maybe a defender beast? Though I will admit...she wont have the BEST way of asking for help most likely. And yes she will...temperly...have a truce, then be like oh Redwall won...ok, slip away quiet like and  back to evil tongue But you know she will have to get replacements for her Black Rose members she lost.I mean she wont be nearly as bad as Ormaz....but still ...yeah she is evil ok.

Last edited by oz (2018-07-05 08:40:16 PM)

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

#4 2018-07-06 07:19:05 PM

Ol'random
Website

So I probably should have mentioned this before, but there's a very real possibility that I'll be absent from the muck from the beginning of September to January '19 - would it be possible to work in my primary character John being either A., killed (admittedly unless certain plot points particular to his story and IC history on here are resolved this would be a *bit* of an unsatisfying end for this character), or B., put out of commission for a season (probably as a coma+serious injury that'll make it nearly impossible for him to fight or be of much use) in this TP?

I am open for anything to happen to this character, as long as it makes for the best RP+story.

(As for my alts, Terrence and Atticus, I might just let someone borrow them for a bit...I don't know yet. Particularly Terrence - As far as I can tell, he's one of three non-NPC hares involved in the LP...)

Last edited by Ol'random (2018-07-06 07:22:01 PM)

I play Atticus, John, Lossow, Terrence, and Spruce
The Long Patrol Landing Page!
Usually on the MUCK Saturdays + Monday & Wednesday evenings if I have the time
Fastest way to reach me is via my Discord: Luke_SkyOtter#1438

#5 2018-07-06 09:45:03 PM

warrior_Otter_maid

Kakarauri  is an assassin, she be happy to do it and have like 8-10 beast with her, John could take half with him tongue. My Assassin is insane trust me. Now she needs to live as I have promised another they could killl  Kakarauri   and she will get to almost kill them. Who? Not saying its a surprise but a couple know who she fights and they will even surprise her that they are even able to kick her butt!Sooooo....yeah Page mail me and lets plan this and you can have someone find dead john or if he isnt killed a near death john with some sort of serious injury if he does live

#6 2018-07-07 01:17:45 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

I'm still okay with having Blisa be kidnapped; I haven't run her in battle or in her crazy mode for a while, so this will be interesting >:D

I got some pmails about this, and I agree with the person who sent them: we should do the belltower party on Thursday, July 12th, since I'll be gone from the 14th-21st (new list of days I won't be here: http://forum.rwmuck.org/viewtopic.php?id=740 smile ).  Unless we can do it on the 7th, then that'd be even better smile

Angela will smack the Marek for almost dying again (once he's well enough for that, of course), so be prepared for that wink

Dora is gonna do her level best to beat Ormaz into the GROUND with her hammer when he touches her daughter.  So Marek is gonna hafta race her wink

We can have the new Champion (Matilda the hedgehog) be, like, solving riddles and stuff as well as earning people's trust and making friends as the TP progresses.

(Yes, Terrence, Quinten, and my Felicity are the only hares I've seen RP in the Mountain for a very long time.)

I would like John to not be killed, but, yeah, your choice.  If he gets injured that severely, he could become a member of the Order smile

I'm also hoping to start taking a college class or 2 this Autumn; I'll let y'all know how that affects my time on the MUCK once I find out myself.  Hopefully it won't affect it at all.....

#7 2018-07-07 01:23:00 PM

The_Brony_Marek

I don't want to force someone to kill or sideline their character simply because the TP is going to last longer than they will be around. If you want to have your character fade into the background for a short period of time that would be alright, but I certainly wouldn't want them to die.

The choice is up to you, I suppose. The TP may end as early as the middle of September depending on how things go, but I wont' rush it any further because a few of the events (most notably Marek's Recovery, The Siege and the trip to Willowbark and back) require a certain amount of time to pass in order to be realistic.

#8 2018-07-07 02:09:53 PM

Ol'random
Website

I don't want you guys to rush at all!

And I probably won't go for the whole death thing. But I do want a believable way for John to fade into the background - he isn't exactly one to just disappear when he's committed to something (at least not intentionally), so getting majorly injured is a way to do that, and it has come up in RP that he had rather vague plans of joining Redwall's order (particularly mentioning becoming a gardener, if I remember correctly), so this might be a way to make that happen!

Thank you the offer, Warrior, but I don't think John's one to attack unless he's relatively sure that he'll win - he's a *bit* paranoid in that respect - as him being attacked as an ambush or something, maybe, but I was thinking something could happen during the Redwall's siege - perhaps he gets hit by a stray arrow or rock or something and gets knocked off the battlements or something. I don't know yet. Or he could be caught in the blast from the Tavern, as perhaps he made his way there with the intention of killing Marek for his 'betrayal'- he already has quite a grudge against him for what he's done in the past and what IC'ly disappearances/deaths John believes him responsible for (which I can write up in either an OOC or IC-story-ish post on here if you guys want that all explained...) and this might be a good, believable way for John to begin to forgive him and all that. But whatever you, Marek, think'll work best I can do!
And if it happens near the beginning or middle of August, I can spend the last bit of my time working on Terrence.

I might even have internet access were I am going, but I don't know for sure yet, so who knows?

#9 2018-07-07 04:29:52 PM

oz

So looks like they would each get to where needed...Salamadastron first week in September, maybe little earlier so can get back to abbey by mid september to end of September. Also willowbark there and back bout same time frame. I know some have expressed intrest in going to sala at least and guessing Marek is on his own to Willowbark ....cool.

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol

#10 2018-07-07 04:50:05 PM

Karth Riverbark

I say they head to at least Salamanastron by beginning august. Its like 2 weeks I think of course river speeds it up a small bit so yeah 2 weeks with river and they get there first couple days September and then head back with some NPC hares. My hare will come back with them. I would have Karth go but I am not sure as he may be left in charge if Xander leads the group there as guessing he would since he knows best and quickest path  to and from.Ewan is my hare.

My spoofs:Atvi...and Alts=
Ewan Benjamin Delaney Tanner Mosswell Jahveri- LP Hare Fighter/Private and Residential Redwall Abbey Hare
Dearil-Archer/Fighter/Assassin in Blackrose

#11 2018-07-07 06:02:42 PM

The_Brony_Marek

Injuring John in the tavern works, he could fall into the mine shaft with Marek and wake Marek up. John is going through shock and doesn't respond to his injuries, with Marek's superior sense of direction and memory of being in the shafts before, they manage to get back to Redwall, where they are both treated, and John succumbs to his injuries and is in a coma until you are able to return.

But I would like John to be 100% when you return, no reason to sideline a great character permanently smile

#12 2018-07-11 07:41:05 AM

warrior_Otter_maid

I have an idea....when it comes time to go to Willow Bark and Salamandaston....what if they are followed or least the group to the badger Mt....I mean my guess is one of those assassins could see them...follow them with orders to=make sure they don't come back alive=..anyways an assassin(I'll make/spoof them) and maybe 10 horde beasts but 9 mostly are poor  and sum at fighting, and one isn't...anyways they get to the western shore..a fight and looks like the heroes will lose when....Lord Ciocan comes to save the day and hammers whats left of those assassins into the sands!

As for Marek and his willowbark group, guessing he wont go alone he will have at least one body guard...run into trouble as well but maybe its not as bad, 2-3 strong fighters/assassins sent to follow them or maybe its a couple from the group following the Badger Mt group, (So like a group of fighters/assassins totaling 15 go out....10 follow the Badger Mt. group and 2 assassins are kick butt,the others not so much....and 5 go after Marek and who ever with only 1 kick butt fighter and the other 4 not so much....heck some new friend could save Marek and his body guard/guards? and come back as well to fight. Maybe a sea gull or hawk could befriend him and return to save the day?

What you think I mean in the books it wasn't like they easily got to someplace and back without at least some issues tongue

#13 2018-07-11 09:10:47 AM

Karth Riverbark

I could play the one in charge of the...go kill them all group, besides they could have Falk with them my evil falcon.Playing bad guys are fun and ....yeah I want to be the one in charge of the go kill them and don't let them come back, not that he will be successful...but, yeah sounds odd, but I want a bad guy to fight the badger Lord...let's have the badger lord have some fun too...what I am sure it's fun for him to hammer badies into the sand or throw them into the sea...right?

Ewan Benjamin Delaney Tanner Mosswell Jahveri- LP Hare Fighter/Private and Residential Redwall Abbey Hare

#14 2018-07-11 12:47:53 PM

The_Brony_Marek

Of course Marek isn't going to Willowbark alone. He's going to follow the Salamandastron group to the shore and then return with the Willowbark group (Willowbark is one word by the way)

I do like the idea of assassins though, but only one or two. Just for something to do for that particular group in the meantime.

#15 2018-07-12 11:13:01 AM

warrior_Otter_maid

Ok...2-3 Assassins....maybe 1 heads after Marek as he goes a different way, the one after Marek could be on the boat he uses and the Assassin ends up throw overboard! The other 2-3 go after whom ever heads to the Badger Mt.

Also they will rebuild the Tavern right? The could like name the new one after Marek maybe. Also will the bell be named in the Bell Tower?

#16 2018-07-12 04:06:22 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

If the tavern is not rebuilt, Blisa will have a literal hissy fit xD  As in, she'll be hissing at everyone xD

#17 2018-07-12 05:40:18 PM

Ol'random
Website

Right - we'll see what happens with John (Heck, maybe he'll make it through the explosion unharmed but then something happens during the siege. *shrug*). By the time I'm back he'll be alright. Probably'll also have a hissy fit if tavern ain't rebuilt by then!

Also, for the Rat NPC I use by the name of Earwood - perhaps he could go with Marek to help whatever's needed; you guys can use him when I'm gone if you'd like (even decide his fate...).

#18 2018-07-12 08:22:37 PM

The_Brony_Marek

Of course we're going to rebuild the tavern, in fact Marek is going to leave money behind to speed up the process.

The Defenders HQ is also going to get destroyed during the TP, and will be rebuilt but this time inside Ferravale, thus giving both it and Ferravale more security.

I was thinking we could call the new tavern The Redthorn Tavern.

Naming the Belltower? I'm open for suggestions, but I suppose it's Blisa's call.

#19 2018-07-12 09:22:33 PM

oz

Well Name the Bell..like the Abbey bells have names after all

I play:

#20 2018-07-13 06:32:05 PM

Karth Riverbark

So....does someone , NPC..accidentally let the villain into the abbey and its quickly taken care of or do they just manage to get in and the good, duhhhh...kicks but and wins quickly so most of the fight stays in like entry and gates?

#21 2018-07-20 10:11:59 AM

Karth Riverbark

Scur...my  assassin and will be short lived. He is a monitor lizard and will be one to led the small group of assassins that go after the groups. Someone else can make a like 2nd in command for him its not a large group and mostly npcs so they can be spoofed...its like Him and a couple others, maybe Falk joins in for western shore and like 2-3 follow the Willowbark group. Should be fun seeing as we know they fail as assassins but hey...still fun to role play:)

Falk and Scur both will die in this TP...heck maybe Falk can order a couple assassins around and be one following Willowbark group, maybe him and a couple birds(NPCS) that be cool and would make for a better attack while out on sea...I mean who keeps an eye on the skys for trouble,unless its like bad weather:P

#22 2018-07-20 02:22:42 PM

Ximena

I will go to Salamandstron and this way a healer can be with them

My Alts
Ximena- Hamster- Slave(Rarely Connected)
Aella- Shrew-Log -A-Log of The Guosim 
Tarsa-Hare-Drill Sargeant in LP and Fighter

#23 2018-07-28 02:36:02 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

I'm sending LilyMoore with Marek to Willowbark.  I'm sure some chars will argue with her about it, so I'll explain DoraRose's reasoning in an RP, if possible wink  (If not, then I'll share it here.)

So I get to name the bell?  Hmm.......lemme think about it.  Any good name suggestions will be welcome smile

#24 2018-07-30 08:14:46 AM

oz

Ok...if they left for the badger MT. on July 27th...then they SHOULD get there in the 4 weeks on August 22-24th, thats 4 weeks smile. And be heading back   before September 1st, hopefully first  3-4 days into trip by then. so...YA..Would for SURE make it at end of September to help save the day..

Ok so badger Lord welcomes them there between August 22-24. And who ever is heading back to Redwall with them heads back to Redwall within 2-3 days of this:)

Last edited by oz (2018-08-06 10:22:23 AM)

I play:

#25 2018-08-02 05:47:49 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

Felicity is staying at Salamandastron because I already have WAY too many spoofs and chars to keep track of in the final battle O.o

Board footer