Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-01-12 12:23:44 PM

oz

Along The River Moss

====Somewhere along the river Moss, about 4 days after this log http://forum.rwmuck.org/viewtopic.php?id=63 and 3.5 after this one http://forum.rwmuck.org/viewtopic.php?id=67 ====

=== Patch and Xander soon have company, and unknowns to them.....they may soon have unwanted company ====

They were making good time as the rat and ferret took turns steering the boat and the rat was fairly good at it, then the boat was easy enough to work and there was some strong winds today which made them go faster so they were a day further than they would have been normally.

Xander had not done much since they left, just sat and read a book he brought with him, one about Martin The Warrior and how he lives on the Northern Seas, but had visited the Western Shore and in fact was in Salamandastron itself, the family sword Martin carried, that other champions carry , was made there. ”Hey Patch ya ever hear of Martin The Warrior?”

Patch walked over letting the one eyed ferret take over the wheel, “Yes, who hasn’t. Though most rats fear the name, I don’t..I would of just been smart and avoided him”

Xander chuckles lightly and looks back to the book, ”He had an interested life, lost his mom when he was a baby, lost his dad later on..lost a possible mate and friends. He helped build Redwall Abbey also”

Patch shrugs, “Lot of beasts lost family when young, sometimes when older as well and I never had many friends….beasts I trust yeah but not true friends”

Xander offers a smile “Well you have me as a friend so ya got least one”

Patch smiled “I do…thanks stripy, that…well it means a lot”

Close by on shore a tall black furred fox walked along with a ferret, and a couple weasels. ”I see this as a chance gentlemen, most don’t do much in winter, why is that?”

A weasel answers “Cause its cold boss”

The fox smirked “True so that’s why we do this now, it’s not expected.” He looks to two other creatures with them, two mice looking truly scared and grins, he looks back to the vermin ”The shadow doesn’t take a break, they get slaves whenever they want and the best part of the river is it leads to the sea, lots of market, if look in the right places and at the right time, to sell slaves right under the noses of do gooders”

The other vermin nodded and laughed coldly, the two mice shivered more and felt what was left of their hope fade.

Not too far from the vermin group was another boat, one with a couple badgers, an ermine and a seagull, as well as a couple tall sea otters. The taller badger seemed to be captain of the ship as he made sure the way was clear before walking over to the other badger, his mate “Zinnia, love…are you feeling better dear?”

Zinnia nods “A little, it feels nice to be in Mossflower again Takeo and to see my friends soon. I wonder how much I have missed”

Takeo smiles, “I am glad you’re feeling a little better my love, and I am sure what ever was missed will be caught up on yes?”

Aira nods “Yes, maybe I can fly ahead and see if you like”

Zinnia shakes her head “No need to Aira, unless you want to, it may be nice to surprise them” She frowns “I don’t think Xander plans on telling anyone he seen me, I just hope he lets me talk to him and let him know I missed him”

Aira shrugs “Though some looking around may be good, scout ahead and make sure all is well, no blocked river or such and just how close we are and maybe find young Xander and that rat?”

Takeo nods “That is a good idea my friend, go on and do that and good luck”

Zinnia looks to Takeo “And if she finds Xander, then what? I am unsure if he wants our company or not”

Aira nods and takes flight into the air and heads on upriver.

Takeo smiles “Then she talks to the boy, maybe Xander will listen more to one whom is not you…and she may be able to help him to least think on listening to you”

Zinnia nods “I hope so, Felicity said she believes Xander needs me”

Takeo kisses Zinnia’s forehead “All beast need and love their mother and you are a good one” He lays a paw on her midsection “And will be a good one to our future dibbun as well. We should think on names”

Zinnia smiles” Still got a little over two months…oh” She smiles wide

Takeo blinks “What is it…oh” He chuckles and grins “They are active, see they be eager to see you soon”

Zinnia chuckles herself “Well not TOO soon though dear.”

Meanwhile up river……

Patch yawns as he looks around “Bored”

Xander grins “Well I am sorry Patch, sides the boat is faster than walking and a boat can go on day and night when there is more than one beast to make it move, we will make great timing and I can get home sooner.”

Patch nods “Yeah yeah, and not visit Halyard again…least fer a while, low lifes are there, and beasts to not mess with..and before ya say it those long ears and there super tall badger Lord don’t know EVERYTHING that goes on in that place, especially the docks, some vermin doing some mightily bad stuff and don’t get caught..why? Cause they be smart and keep to them selfs, stay there for supplies and head on to other places, rarely do sea vermin come inland..I mean…they do but not too often, and if it just a small group, say less than four….not much is looked on as a threat and not all vermin are a threat really, sides from robbing and such”

Xander frowns now “Yeah, let’s forget what happen few days ago.” Its been almost 4 days  since they left the coast line and they were already a day further along with the wind blowing so hard earlier in the day.

Aira comes into view about now and calls out “Ahoy there Young Xander and..umm….rat” Yeah she don’t know his name, so for now he is rat.

Patch looks up annoyed “It’s Patch…Patch, not rat have some manners bird or your lunch”

Xander frowns, he shakes his head no at the rat and folds his arms over his chest as he addresses Aira “Let me guess, Mother and Takeo sent you to keep an eye on me?”

Aira clears her throat” ACHALLY Sir Takeo sent me, but Lady Zinnia does send a message that she misses her and loves you, she is worried I can tell and so can Sir Takeo and stress is not good for the dibbun she carries”

Patch just listens and looks over at the badger for a reaction.

“Then she shouldn’t stress then, I am fine and can get home on my own…I got to the western shore on my own”  Xander states, he looks at Patch and adds “Well with one other beast but still…”

Aira frowns best a bird can “Well, permission to stay with you?”

Patch shrugs “Not up to me bird”

Xander rolls his eyes “I guess..whatever” He sits down on the other side of the boat.

Aira puffs up her feathers “Its Aira…..do use the name and I will use your…Patch”

Patch hmmphs “Yeah yea feathers…”

On the shore a crow flies off and lands on the arm of the black furred fox “ There is two other badgers..and a sea gull close behind the other boat that has the younger badger and a rat, the sea gull has joined the rat and young badger.”

The black furred fox nods “Good work, the shadow will keep watch…..and once the time is right…” An evil smirk “Strike……”

-Well this can’t be a good thing….-

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

Board footer