Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-01-11 06:05:53 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

Zinnia and Lissie have a chat before the former leaves Halyard...

SCENE: Halyard docks

FRIENDS: Felicity, a female hare.  Zinnia, a female badger.  Takeo, a male badger.  Random spoofs.

LOG:

Zinnia had been quiet most of the past couple days and now they were getting ready to leave. She leaned over the edge of the railing and watched the crowds, also on the ship was a couple tall sea otters who had come along, making sure all things were ready to go and head down the river moss.

Takeo talked with a ermine that was all white in color and then walked to Zinnia  "Well we head off soon dear, a short visit and back home. How are you feeling by the way?" He sounded concerned.

Felicity is on duty and volunteered to check on the docks on her way back to the Mountain.  She looks tired as she walks down the dock, smiling at the (few) beasts here who know her.  Most of the vermin just glare at her because of her uniform.  She doesn't feel like dealing with that today.  Maybe if she acts respectfully, they'll come to understand that not all Long Patrol members are all only-good-vermin-is-a-dead-one.  At least, she hopes so.  She comes up to the badgers' ship, but she hasn't spotted them yet.

Zinnia smiles a little "Yeah I am fine..." Well not totally, she sees Felicity and smiles "Hello Private Felicity!" She smiles a little better and goes to greet her, not leaving just yet after all.

Takeo nods and watches her head over to her friend, he speaks to the ermine "Trip time Barttholmew?" The reply is thought out " A week....maybe couple days rest so week and a half sir" A nod is given "Good"

Felicity looks up, surprised to be greeted by name here, of all places.  "Why, Missus Zinnia!"  She's obviously been practicing that so she doesn't call the badger Miss, as in unmarried.  "'Ow are you t'day?  I say, you lot aren't leavin' already, are you?  I was 'opin' we could 'ang out for a while on my days off."  She says this in a friendly sort of way, trying to communicate that she'll be okay if the badger really is leaving.

Zinnia nods "I am heading off yes but I will be back this way to head home" She sighs  "I am glad we are still friends, I am just unsure if...anyone else still sees me as friend or even family"

Felicity gives the badger a crooked smile.  "O'course we're still friends!  Why on Earth wouldn't we be?  Why on Earth would anybeast not want to be your friend?  You're so darling and nice.  What makes you think that beasts wouldn't want you as their friend?"

Zinnia shrugs, "Just...Xander seems to, well he refused to talk to me and left so quickly that it worried me"  She frowns "I know he isn't totally alone, but still...what if Uncle Oz is upset with me as well or other abbey beasts, I been gone a while, and didn't leave them much of a note and Aira was supposed to deliver a couple letters and a log book of mine"

Felicity listens, serious and empathetic.  "Well, I don't know Aira, but you do, so you know 'ow trustworthy she is.  And I don't think they'll all 'ate you that much.  A few might, but I'm sure DoraRose won't, same with many othahs, and just a few friends can make the rejection from anothah few less painful.....at least I think so," she adds in a mumble.  "I don't think they'll 'ate you, 'oney," she repeats gently.

Zinnia seems unsure "Why does Xander then? He says I abandoned him and I didn't....I looked for him, and even almost died doing it and I most likely would of but someone found me and healed me" She smiles a little now, just a little.

Felicity looks at the ground and runs her toes on her right foot back and forth on a crack in the dock.  "....when a beast ya love dies, like I 'eard Zee did, it can mess with a beast."  She is obviously troubled as she remembers some bad memories.  "My Mum and Dad and oldah brothah were all murdered by searats when I had just barely joined th'Patrol.  I was barely old enough t'join, but I suddenly 'ad not only those duties but the responsibility of takin' care of m'newborn sistah on top o' all that.  It.....that kind o'loss and sudden change can do much damage to a beast, damage that outsiders don't always see."  She finally looks up at the badger, her pain evident in her facial expression.  "I fear that Jedrick, the monstah who had Xandah enslaved and whom we rescued 'im from.....I fear that 'e tortured your son, although I don't know for sure.  And then when you weren't there when we got 'im back to Redwall....with Zee's death on top o'that...." she shakes her head and looks back down at the crack in the wood she's still rubbing with her foot.  "It can do a lot of damage to a beast.....damage an outsidah may not be able to see."

Zinnia frowns "Should I just....leave him be then?" She sighs as she feels so lost herself right now  "I know I felt.....not myself  when papa died and...well I had help to get better again and I am sad I wasn't there when Uncle Zee died...Xander mentioned Uncle Oz....was there with him at least...with Uncle Zee so that's good in a way"

Felicity bites her lip.  "I 'onestly don't know.  I think.....I think you should be there for 'im as much as y'can.  'E may be feelin' that you've tried to replace 'im with anothah family.  I don't know what would 'elp 'im, but I'm confident that 'e probably feels very lonely and sad and maybe scared right now.  'E needs 'is Mum, but I don't know 'ow to 'elp 'im understand that you're there for 'im.  I'm sorry."

Zinnia sighs, she looks up as a sea gull lands beside her "Aira....hey" She looks to the hare "I can try, he can't be more than a day or half day ahead of me" If allowed she will hug the hare before she goes back to the boat and it starts to head off as the badger waves

Felicity accepts the hug gratefully, then waves as the badger heads off.  When the ship is safely away from the dock, she turns and heads home.  She needs some time with her Uncle Flint and sister Julia....

~*END*~

Board footer