Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-10-26 02:17:00 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

What did you not do wrong? /or/ Felicity caught Rioko (LP log)

1) http://forum.rwmuck.org/viewtopic.php?id=474
2) http://forum.rwmuck.org/viewtopic.php?id=475

SCENE: Halyard docks

CHARACTERS:  Rioko (a.k.a. 'Rio'....and no, she's not Brazilian), a vixen.  Felicity (a.k.a. 'Lissie' and 'Fel'), a female hare.  Various spoofs.

LOG:
The docks were in full swing, evenin the fall months. Ships come and go, cargo is unloaded as beasts board outbound ships.   
"What do you mean this isn't enough?!" Rioko hisses.   
"Sorry ma'am, but this isn't enough money for passage as even a stowaway. Unless of course, you want us to toss you off halfway..." The weasel smirks. Rioko just sighs.   
Not too long ago she could have easily paid for passage out of this Light forsaken town. However almost all of that money recovered from the gambling den went right to creature comforts. The pot bellied vixen dressed in cloth wrappings pulled at her ears. "Please! You got to let me on this ship!" The weasel only laughs at the fox's plight, turning to leave... 

Felicity has been searching for the vixen ever since her uncle was found dead on the beach.  She's now in the docks of the village, ignoring the glares aimed in her direction.  Her facial expression is that of anger and deep sorrow; to say that she has a haunted look in her eyes would be an understatement.  She has yet to see the fox she is hunting, but she is close....

"You don't understand!" The vixen throws herself at the weasel, practically falling to her knees as she clings to his arm, "I'm going to die if you leave me here!"   
"Get off me you crazy fox!" The weasel pries himself from the vixen's grasp, he turns, pointing at Felicity, "Hey! You! Cotton tail! Ain't it your job to deal with beasts like this?"   
Rioko eyes widen, a silent scream forms at the back of her throat before she scrambles to get away! 

Felicity's gaze snaps to look at the duo, then her face hardens into a furious glare as she takes off at a run to catch vixen.  "Thankyoubravecitizen!"  she manages to say as she passes the weasel, easily catching up to her quarry.  She is a Long Patrol Runner, after all.  Growling, she tries to tackle the vixen, but their weight difference may impede that....

The fox yelps as she goes down face first onto ground. They really need to stop meeting like this, "It's not my fault! I swear!" the vixen shouts, because that is what innocent beasts always shout when confronted by the law.

Felicity sits on the fox. "Oh, /really/? Whot's not your fault? The fact that m'uncle is /dead/? Or somthin' else?" She is keeping her sword sheathed....for now. Instead, she goes to cuff the vixen's ear. To say that she's angry is an understatement, just as saying that she's sad would be.

The fox whimpers, trying to wriggle her way out from under the hare. "Well /I/ didn't kill him! But if you don't let me go, I'm a dead fox!"

Felicity goes to grab the vixen by her ear and twist it.  "Aye, well, you'll be an even deadah fox ifns y'don't answer m'questions, wot!  I 'eard that y'abandoned 'im aftah 'e saved y'from those lizards, so ye're m'first suspect."

The fox yelps as her ear is twisted. "I didn't ABANDON him!" She says, remembering how she actually did abandon him. But Flint wasn't around to refute her claims, not any more. "He sacrificed himself to save me. Once I got away from the lizards I ran like he told me to. Forgive me if I didn't go back to check on him once they put a bleedin bounty on me hide! It's not like I have had pleasent experiences with them, wot?" Says the fox tackled by the hare.
"But I know who killed him, and I would be happy to tell you if you would kindly get yer fat cotton tail off of me!"

"Liahr!"  Lissie growls, standing, but keeping a hold of the vixen's ear.  "'E told me only a few days aftah that time that you 'ad /walked/ off an' left 'im.  Y'should be glad that m'Lord Ciocan found Uncle F....Fl.....found 'im, wot!"  She goes to mercilessly drag the vixen to a nearby abandoned shack.  By her ear.  She definitely has a firm hold on the fox's ear.

Despite the many stares they receive, no one aids the whining vixen as she is dragged away. "I didn't know he was yer uncle! Please! You got to believe me! Why would /I/ kill Flint after he saved my life?" she whines again as her ear is twisted, "Blast it you fuz headed dolt! A pair of monitor lizards killed him! They were BRAGGING about it in the tavern I work at!"

Felicity kicks the door open to the shack and goes to shove the vixen inside.  If she doesn't succeed, the vixen had better run in there or else find out just how pointy the short sword this Long Patroller carries is.  After they're both inside, the haremaid closes the door as best as she can, then rests her forehead on the doorjam, struggling to fight back tears.

The fox stands away from the hare. Rioko is probibly the last beast she wants to even try to comfort her. Rubbing her sore ear, the fox growls, "Attor. His name was at-tore... or something like that. He called his friend Snadjaw. They were both big, mean and gnarly beasts. They... killed one of the patrons in a fight."
The fox's shoulders slump. "Felicity. They have your uncle's sword. They keep it as a trophy."

Felicity sniffles as the vixen talks, and rubs her snotty nose on her sleeve.  The haremaid then tenses.  Okay, first, the fox just used her FULL name, not some weird nickname or insult.  Secondly.....  "M'uncle's sword?"  Trembling, the Long Patrol Private stands up straight.... and punches a hole straight through the rickety door that probably was gonna fall apart here soon, anyway.  The hare brings her paw back through the hole, then holds it and dances around a little, making noises that sound peculiarly like stifled profanity.  Which is also the first time the fox will have heard that kind of language from the hare.

~*TO BE CONTINUED.....*~

Last edited by BlisaMarshmellow (2017-11-02 01:48:07 PM)

Board footer