Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-05-06 02:28:37 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

Getting ready to raid the Snake Pit (A LP and Halyard log)

This is a continuation of this plot arch: http://forum.rwmuck.org/viewtopic.php?id=251

SCENE:  Halyard market

CHARACTERS:  Felicity the female hare.  Rioko the vixen.

LOG:
Noon on a fine Spring day brings Felicity to the Halyard Marketplace.  Wearing her uniform (she got the note while still on her way back from a run), she ignores the glares and snide remarks from various vermin who have had bad run-ins with the Long Patrol.  However, one of them shuts up after she buys some sweet rolls from him; hey, the hare's got money and will buy things.  Don't be a jerk to the beast who will buy things from you.  The Marketplace is very crowded with shoppers and sellers and people who are just wandering around for no obvious reason (pickpockets).  The haremaid avoids the stall selling live crabs; the scream of that one customer who got pinched seems to be deterring everybody.

The vixen isn't too hard to find. Rioko tends to stand out from a crowd. Dressed in cloth wraps and a sash the pudgy grey fox leans herself against the wall of a building with her arms folded behind her back. Upon seeing Felicity she waves her over. "Oh good! I was beginning to think you were not coming. I hope you saved some for me!" She says about the sweets.

Felicity has literally just bitten into her last one when she spots the vixen (she had only bought 2...they were pretty big rolls).  Ambling over, she rips the roll in half and gives the unbitten piece to the vixen.  "I really ought to make y'get ya own, wot!"  Leaning against a wall, she bares her teeth (which are scary large rodent-like teeth THAT CAN DRAW BLOOD) at a rat who had been trying to pick her pocket.  As he scurries away, she waves the note under the vixen's face.  "Whot's this about, love?  I just got back from a 3-day patrol, and I am exhausted and I wanna see m'family.  Please make this worth m'while."  She's slightly cranky, but that's another issue.

The fox squeaks in delight as she takes the offered roll. While nibbling on her food Rio reaches behind her back, producing a parchment. "Tell me if this is worth your while. A beast gave this to me the other night at a dice game." The roll of parchment looks more like an invitation. The invitation mentions food, dancing, and partying down at a place called the Snake Pit. The fox taps the top of the invitation, "Take a look at the logo at the top. A real close look." There is a picture of a fox being devoured by snakes...

Felicity has finished her half of the roll and sniffs at the device at the top of the scroll.  "Or maybe they enjoy feedin' their 'guests' to adders, sot!"  She reads the invitation, stifling her so-tired-I-want-to-either-sleep-or-kill-people remarks about how she never realized vermin could read.  (Be thankful, Rio.)  "I wondah 'ow big of a group this is....if 'tis too big, and if they 'ave a nasty 'abit of, say, kidnappin' or enslavin' beasts, we could possibly get reinforcements...." She's feeling way to spent to consider taking them on with naught but a cowardly vixen to help her.....

Paws on her own pudgy hips Rioko shifts her weight to one side, "Yeah and then I won't ever see a haypenny worth of my fortune." She takes the invitation back, snatching it out of Fel's paw before rolling it up. "No Raids. Just us. From what I hear it's some kind of all vermin gambling den outside of town. Weapons checked at the door. So I was thinking that I might scout it out along with some beasty who knew how to fight...in case it came to that of course. And who better than YOU! You know how to fight right? The only problem though of course is the woodlander in your blood...but I have a plan to fix that." The fox folds her arms behind her back again, grinning quite deviously. "Tell me, if you could be a vermin...which one would you be?"

Felicity merely allows the scroll the be snatched from her paw and stares at where it had been.  "Oh, pish posh.  I'm sure we could get ya money...." the haremaid is immediately on guard, with her paws raised as she backs up slightly.  "Whoa, whoa, whoa......okay, I suddenly don't like the way this direction 'as taken.....you would take fiendish delight in choppin' off m' ears, wouldn't you?!"  Paws on hips, she glares at the vixen.  "Whot are y'thinkin'?!"

Rioko get's way too much pleasure from the thought of 'cropping' the hares ears. She claps her paws together, "Oh my dear Long Patrol Hare, I do think it's time for you to unleash your inner VERMIN." Rioko says sweetly. "They don't let hares in for just this very reason so we would have to gussy you up as one of /US/." She cackles dangerously.

Felicity goes to literally grab the vixen's muzzle and clamp it shut.  "NO choppin' things off or I'll chop you off, unnerstand?!"  She does not release the fox's face as she leans up against the wall.  "An' whot am I suppossed to do about me accent?  I've tried doin' other accents and I sound like I'm sick...."

The fox only nods as her muzzle is grabbed. After a moment she wriggles herself out of the hares grasp. "We all die horribly." Rioko shrugs, "I don't know, make up a language and pretend to be from out of town. You're smart. You'll find a way. I can help with the cosmetics, I've had to change my fur color and appearance before. One time I had to shave my tail and make myself look like some sort of oversized rat creature to escape a bounty in..." The fox trails off, "Never mind that. The point is that tonight, we dine in the Snake pit, but for now we hit the market for 'supplies.'" Rioko giggles madly as goes to grab the beast by the paw and drag her away to her doom. Halyard for all its flaws is still a port town. Making a costume for the fox shouldn't be too difficult...right?

Felicity groans and complains as the vixen drags her away.  They make an odd sight, a fox dragging a Long Patrol hare around without having to put her in chains or anything.  After a while, the haremaid manages to slip away and give her report to the mountain so they know that she didn't die, but then she's back.  They end up in a room at the inn, the haremaid sleeping on the bed (with a pillow in paw to hit the vixen with, just in case).  Her outfit would work for any verminish beast that lives in this area, all tattered and torn and stained; she gave a homeless beast some food and new clothes for it, and then she washed it 5 times in the sea.  There is a large kerchief nearby, ready to be used to cover up her ears.  Surprisingly, she does not snore; maybe that's because she's not in the deepest sleep that beasts go into at night.......

It takes Rioko a while longer to reach the safehouse as it were. She has been out and about, being busy about her business until she comes in, practically kicking in the door as she carries in a box full of 'supplies'. Rio herself is dressed up for the occasion, breaking out her V shaped Vest and a better sash. She is wearing a pair of leather bracers on her arms and ankles. "He-llooooo! And howdy. Sorry about the wait. I had to go hunt down a carnival beast and haggle over some props." The fox deposits the box by simply dropping it on the floor. "Did you want to be a fox lass...or...weasel. Mind you the tail isn't too hard to attach, unless you want to say you lost it in a fight or something. Vermin like that."

Felicity is up in a flash, in an at-ready position, prepared to decapitate the vixen!!!  Oh, wait.  This is her friend, and all the hare is holding is a pillow.  Growling, the Long Patrol member throws the pillow at the vixen.  "Don't startle me like that!"  Slumping to the floor, the haremaid wrinkles her nose.  "Um......weasel, I guess.  With no tail.  I don't trust fake tails...."  Digging through the box, she can be heard grumbling and muttering, but it's hard to tell what she's saying.

The fox takes the pillow to the face like a WARRIOR. Letting it bounce off of her and plop onto the floor. "Not my fault hares are not nocturnal." She glances over the hare maiden's choice of garb, "I tell you to dress like a normal vermin and 'that' is what you come up with?" She decides to not press the issue or call the Long Patrol out on their speciest ways, but she raises a jugemental eyebrow to let Felicity know that she could. She totally could. "It will have to do. Grab what you need. Here." She tosses the hare a small cap made from leather. It is hard to tell exactly what kind of leather the hide is made out of. "It's for your ears. If you get the urge to take it off just remember...don't."

"I gots a 'ankie!"  Lissie waves the said item at the vixen.  "It'll covah m'ears and still allow me to 'ave m'good 'earin'.  And whot's wrong w' me clothes?  I was tryin' to look like a pirate..." she sounds like a sad  little kid now.  Tying on the kerchief, she shows that it covers her ears, but there are still bumps.  "See?  It's perfect."  She wouldn't be saying that if she had a mirror. 

The fox rubs at her ears. "Oi." This is going to be a lot of work getting the hare up to speed on her vermin ways. The pay off should be good though, if they can find out who stole her fortune. The risks however...well, she didn't want to think about that right now. No, much better to focus on getting the hare maiden looking like the weasel Rio knew she could be. "Here are some dyes I got from a dye merchant. Think you can apply them to your face or did you need help with that?"

Felicity looks askance at the dyes and make-up.  "Oh my 'eavens!  Eeew, eew, eew...."  she 'eews' herself to the floor and covers her face, groaning.  "I 'ate make-up and dyes!  Ooooooh, why couldn't one o' those rottahs that like this stuff 'ave volunteered?"  But, in the end, she lets the vixen help her get dyed black and put on make-up (the haremaid is incompetent and makes herself look sick on her first attempt) and stuff......and bring her up to speed on how to be a vermin.  She digs out a book and tried to read it in the quiet moments.  It's in some strange language that the vixen has probably never seen, and has bits of Common interspersed here and there.  She's refreshing herself on her second language.....

~*To be continued in another log.....*~

Last edited by BlisaMarshmellow (2017-05-06 02:29:25 PM)

Board footer