Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-03-30 03:50:52 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

Clues, Precious.... (A LP log)

A continuation of this plotline: http://forum.rwmuck.org/viewtopic.php?id=37

CHARACTERS: Rioko, a chubby vixen.  Felicity, a female haremaid.

SCENE:  The Western shore, near Salamandastron.

LOG:

Away from the fast paced life of the city the beaches south of Halyard were peacefull, quiet, and occasionally home to bandits, pirates, and scoundrels. Rioko wasn't sure where she fell in that catigory, laying sprawled out across the warm sands next to a soldering camp fire. The ground was littered with fish bones around the grey fox.   

Felicity is out on patrol because, well, she's in the Long Patrol and that's what these hares do, yo. She's actually going back home after 3 days away. She slows when she sees the glow of the embers, and starts sneaking up on the vixen, trying to not get in a fight. Silent, the haremaid gets closer and closer....   

Rioko yawns stretches anad rolls onto her side. Ah, life is complicated. It's easy to see how the lazy fox put on so much bulk before last winter slimmed her down. She was still heavy about the middle but decidedly less so. She was also dressed like some backwater barbarian heathen, opting for simple cloth wraps about her chest and a long flowing sash about her waist. Her signature glaive rests close by, utterly useless though when she doesn't even realize the hare is nearby...   

Felicity suddenly recognizes her chubby vermin friend, and so she bounds up, then, standingon the glaive, says cheerily, "Why, Rio, darlin', 'ow /are/ you, love?"   

The cheerful greeting is met with a high pitched wail of a scream loud enough to wake the dead, and appearently nearly send Rioko to the darkforest as well with shock. The vixen bolts up onto her haunches, scuring backward as she screams until she clutches her chest. "Me heart! Me heart!" She then falls over, twitching her tail...   

Felicity literally falls on her rear laughing until tears course down her face. The vixen had better be alright, because the haremaid is a tad on the helpless side right now.   

The fox however doesn't share in the hare's laughter. She sprawls out across the sand, eyes staring upward and her tongue hanging out the side of her mouth. Her chest doesn't appear to be rising and falling with breathing either...   

Felicity finally stops laughing and notices the lack of movement. "Rio? Rio?" She scoots forward. "Oh my 'eavens, I killed 'er!" She kicks the vixen's tail. "Rioko?? Oh, please don't be dead....." Although it'd the fox's fault for eating so much and getting fat if she had a heart attack....and she should be glad that this haremaid isn't all racist and hating every living vermin like /some/ hares from the Mountain.....   

And then with out warning Rioko sits up, growling and snarling and screaming like a banshey. She falls backward, clutching her sides in laughter, "Got cha! Oh you should have seen your face! Hah!" She points and wheezes with laughter.   

Felicity's scream rivals that of the vixen's in shrillness and volume (probably because her lungs are bigger and healthier because she excersises every flipping day because of her job). Scrambling backwards, she gasps for a few seconds, then smiles wryly. "Ysneaky little blightah. You shoudl be 'appy that we're friends, or I'd fight y'fer that, wot!" Poking a fishbone, she adds, "Long time no see. You look well."   

The fox gives the hare a cheeky smile, sitting up into a cross legged position. "Thanks! I feel well! I actually managed to slim down and get myself healthy and I feel great!" Her bubbly tone of voice becomes a tad more sober as she adds, "I suppose the lack of steady income, loot...or food over winter helped." Rio's bubbly voice returns, "So how have you been? Long time no see? Did the long patrol go into hibernation or something? Been fewer beasts around the city these days, wot?"   

Felicity chucks a fishbone at the vixen for imitating her. "I've been patrolin' and trying to take care o' my sistah. Oh, an' I found this," she tosses a belt buckle at the vixen, "in the cave where y'treasure was. Is it yours?" 

The fox wearing a glorified loin cloth raises a 'you're joking right?' eyebrow. She picks it up in her paws, sniffing it. "No...I smell a weasel." Her paws tighten around it. "Both literally and metephorically speaking..."

Felicity raises an eyebrow.  "Oh, deah.  Do ya 'ave any idea who it could be?  It 'as that weird device on it; d'y'recognize it?"  The device is an adder eating a fox.  How comforting.

The fox can't help but feeling so comforted by the picture of a fox being devoured alive by an adder. "I'm afraid not. Truth be told I kind of tried to put the whole tra...tre...treas-su-su..." The vixen pauses, "That word which I don't speak anymore behind me. I mean, there is no sense in worrying over spilled milk right? Or enough gold coins to last a vixen's life time...right?" Rioko twitches an eye.

Felicity looks sadly at her friend.  "Okay.  I'll take it back, then, an' keep it, just in case that symbol evah comes up again.  Alright?"  She goes to take the only clue to finding even part of the vixen's treasure back away from the fox....

~*To be continued......*~

Board footer