Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-12-15 05:22:19 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

Rioko vs. Felicity: Whatever will happen next? RPed on 12.15.2016

(Hey!  My first attempt at posting a log on here.  Let's see how it goes....)

SCENE: Halyard Tavern

CHARACTERS: Felicity 'Lissie', a female hare.  Rioko 'Rio', a vixen.  A male monitor lizard, bent upon revenge.

THE ROLE PLAY:

Oh it felt good to finally be back. Home, HOME safe and sound in the tavern that she...quit so dramatically from months before. It didn't matter though, Rioko preferred the awkward stares from fellow vermin than spending another moment with woodlanders. And at least here she can have a nice bowl of wood pigeon soup. The pudgy grey fox sits quietly at the bar, sampling her meal quite content to finally be rid of her adventure eastward to Mossflower.

But woodlander species are so good at showing up like metaphorical bad pennies! Especially a certain haremaid: The one and only Felicity. Entering the tavern, the hare looks around from underneath the hood of her cloak, which is open just enough to show that she's being smart and not wearing her uniform (although her sword is hidden underneath her cloak). Spotting her quarry, the Long Patroler stalks over to the vixen and hisses in her ear, "You're a no-good dirty rotten perfidious marsh toad!"

The fox's tail poofs. She slides further along the bar, covering her soup protectively with her paws and hissing, "My soup. Go get your own cotton tail." Rioko's tsks, "Can't I have a moment with out some long ear fool interrupting me? Is this the thanks I get for being KIDNAPPED and FORCED to help you save that badger!"

"I don't want your bloody soup! It's probably got some poor innocent bird in it....which is why I'm here," Felicity adds, wagging her finger under the vixen's nose. "What on this beautiful /Earth/ possessed you to eat those monitor eggs?!" She hisses this under her breath as she follows the fox down the bar. "And you weren't kidnapped, you were blackmailed. There's a difference, old gel, wot!" Lissie doesn't argue the whole 'forced' part, though. She tries her best to be honest, usually.

The fox wags a finger back at the hare's nose. "Hey, ye can call me names, ye can even call me fat, but don't you ever tell me I'm old." She turns back to her soup, taking a large spoonful, "And don't knock bird soup until you try it floppy ears." She takes another spoonful, "And really? That's what your hear about? The bleedin' eggs? So what? A fox has got to do what a fox has got to do. It's instinct, would you rather I tried chowing down on Hares in the middle of the night? Besides, what's the harm. Those monitors are long gone..."

A monitor lizard just happens to cleaning a nearby table, and he stifles a hiss as the vixen speaks loudly enough for him to hear. Felicity rolls her eyes and goes to cuff one of the vixen's ears. "Oh, fer.....it's just a saying, stupid. And birds 'ave feelings, too, y'know. You live in a flippin' fishin' village!! You don't need bird; there's so much seafood 'ere you could lit'rally live off just that! Stop deflecting!" Grabbing at the vixen's ear, Lissie says, "I 'elped you save a flippin' *treasure*" (the word 'treasure' is whispered) "and you 'ave to go off and endanger us all??! You drive me absoballylutely BATTY!!! Up a freakin' WALL!!"

The fox pays no mind to the lizard. She is too full of rage! "Need? NEED? Who are you to dictate what a fox should eat? You don't need to eat veggies, you can just eat grass fer the rest of yer life!" The fox stands up, raising her voice, "What if I don't WANT to eat fish fer the rest of my life just cause some bunny is offended by it? What if I want MEAT?! Juicy, tender MEAT, and eggs. Yes, I didn't eat the eggs because I needed to, I ate the monitor eggs because they tasted DELICIOUS." The fox shakes a paw into the air as she starts the meat lovers' revolution, "Why should the long patrol tell us vermin what we should eat in the first place!?"

"BECAUSE IF Y'EAT THE WRONG BEAST, YOU'LL GET CHASED BY AN ANGRY MOB AND DRAWN AND QUARTERED!!!" Shout Felicity, upping the confrontation a notch. "Y'know what, I 'ope those monitors try to find you so I can save your tail and make you owe me -- again!!" Treasure, people. The monitor lizard busboy is watching this whole thing, as is everyone else. "Mayhaps I'm trying to protect you as well as the beast around you, y'nincompoop! And I'm no more a bunny than you are a puppy! Call me 'bunny' or 'cotton tail' again and I'll be obliged to call you a little puppydog!!! So there!" Lissie is now ignoring everyone except the vixen; she's a little mad. It's not been a good week.

Steam comes out of the foxes ears. "Puppydog?" It hasn't been a good week for the vixen as well. The long trip, the worry that her treasure has been stolen and having no way to protect it, and now this hare is calling her out for her meat eating ways?! It's too much for Rio to stand! "I'll show you puppydog!" The vixen pounces at Felicity, trying to bite her ear.

"Yah!" Lissie leaps out of the way, landing very ungracefully on the floor. Other beasts take this opportunity to starts punching each other, until the whole tavern is in a brawl. The monitor lizard busboy ducks behind the bar and disappears from sight. The haremaid scrambles up and tries to kick the vixen with her powerful hind legs. "Stoppit--OH, SHNAP!" The hare falls to the floor again as a chair literally goes flying through the air.

The vixen's eyes are wild with anger. "You long patrol saps have pushed me too far. First you had me imprisoned for being a fox, then ye lot stole my favorite weapon, pushed me around, call me names. I thought ye were different but yer just like the rest of them!" The fox let's out an oof as she is kicked in the stomach, landing against the bar and sending her own soup falling on top of her head. Soup pours down her fur as the bowl covers her eyes and ears.

"I didn't steal your weapon! Wait, your glaive got stol--" Felicity gets knocked over the head by another flying chair and collapses to the ground, unconscious. The monitor lizard suddenly appears in front of the vixen, a spear aimed toward her chest. "Hiss, you sssshould've lisssstened to haremaid, hssss, you kill my clan children, hsss, you die!!" And the haremaid can't come help. She is different from most of the other hares, but right now she can't help because she's been knocked out cold...

The fox lifts the bowl of soup up from on top of her head, "And another thing! I...eep!" She let's out a yipe. Her glaive was resting elsewhere, at the end of the bar, her replacement glaive that is. It wasn't as fancy as the original stolen months ago but it made due...except when it was out of reach. The fox begins scurrying away from the spear point while on her rump. "W-wait a moment! Wait! You, you don't want to really stab me right? This is all just a miss understanding!"

Felicity groans as she starts to come to. The monitor lizard stalks after the vixen, his spearpoint centered over the vixen's heart. "Hssss, will ssssstab you and use hide to line next nesssssst of eggssss! Murderer! Hssss, child-killer! Hssss, or maybe I take badfox home and let motherssssss kill and skin you, hsss?" He goes to grab the vixen's arm, as if debating about actually kidnapping her and taking her back to the clan so they can all take part in her killing....

Given the choice of a quick and slightly painful death now and a slow, horrible death later on, Rioko would gladly choose the one that gives her more time to escape. "But...you wouldn't want my hide, it's mangy and full of SOUP!" The fox take the bowl off her head and goes to swing it towards the monitor’s muzzle!

Felicity's eyes open groggily.  "R....Rio....?" she moans.  She's still out of comission.  The monitor lizard roars as bowl and face collide, and he staggers back and lands on the haremaid, who gives an involuntary squeak of pain.  "Hsssss, foxssss!  I will kill you myssssssself and feed flessssh to gullsssss!!"  He lunges up and charges at the vixen, trying to stab her in the chest!!

Rioko lets out a panicked yelp as she side steps the spear thrust, watching it glance by. "FELICITYYYYYY! I take back everything I said, HEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP MEEEEEEEEE!" The fox backs up, her paws reaching for her glaive resting at the end of the counter.

Felicity groans again and groggily sits up.  "Whu...oh my word!"  Holding her head with one paw, the haremaid stumbles to her feet and attempts to draw her sword while trying to not fall over.  Grunting, the monitor lizard ignores her and, after yanking the spearpoint out of the bartop, continues to try and impale the offending vixen.   

The fox eeps, grabbing the glaive from behind her and using it to deflect the blow coming for her midsection. "They were just eggs! You lot can lay more!" She says, totally not helping the situation. "Leave me alone!" She spins the glaive before her before slashing at the lizard.

Felicity goes to grab the vixen's arm, managing to not fall over.  "Let's get outta 'ere!  We can argue more latah!"  The monitor roars in rage and pounces at the vixen, spear forgotten as he aims to rip the fox apart!!  The haremaid runs to the door and looks back to see if the fox is following.  If she is, then Lissie will try to take her to the Infirmary; if she's not, well, then, the hare has no idea what she'll do.  She's still a bit groggy.

The fox however doesn't run, she stands her ground for once in her life, and probably the last. "I'm DONE running." She growls in rage, head shaking about as she utters a warrior's cry, her eyes growing wide and crazy! She stabs forward with her glaive towards the monitor lizard's torso as he lunges at her!

Felicity sighs and puts a paw to her head.  She feels woozy.  Drawing her sword, she stumbles back to the main fight, taking the long, sneaky way around to behind the lizard.  Said monitor lizard....wasn't expecting that.  He gets stabbed in the belly....but he's not done yet!  Mad with rage and vengeance, he manages to pull himself off the glaive and stumbles toward the vixen again, determined to take her to the Dark Forest with him!

This...this isn't Rioko. This can't be the same cowardly, gluttonous, scamp of a vixen who makes money in shell games. This vixen isn't turning to run, or cowering in a corner pleading for mercies. The glaive comes free, the narrow pole arm circling around her like a shield, making a humming sound as the blade dances through the air to keep the lizard at bay until she steps backward, pushing off the wall with her foot to bring her knee up to the lizard's oncoming jaw, her glaive held like a spear as it is thrust forward at the same time.

That......is so totally unexpected.  Lissie can only stop and stare as the lizard gets kneed and stabbed in the chest.  A gargling hiss escapes his mouth as, with his last bit of life, the monitor swipes at the vixen's chest, and then dies and weighs her glaive down obnoxiously.  The haremaid shuffles forward, staring in awe at the fox.  "'Oly potatah pancakes....what was that?  Am I hallucinatin'?  Wot...."  She flops to the floor, holding her head as it pounds.  She's on the verge of reverting back to a leveret because her head hurts and she wants to go to sleep.

The fox stands there amid the stares of other patrons. some recognize her as the bouncer here from way back when. Of course all they ever saw was the vixen sit in the back corner growing fat and plump on chips when she wasn't dancing with the intoxicated patrons. Now, fur on edge, growling and foaming at the mouth Rioko steps on to the defeated corpse of the monitor, tearing the glaive free and holding it above her head like a savage warrior. She let's loose a loud howl. 
After a moment Rioko slowly calms herself down, fur returning to normal. "I...oh...ok then..." She shakes her head. "Ha! Showed him didn't I? Showed you all! None ya thought you had it in me. But I showed you! Ha...am...am I bleeding?" The fox clutches the trio of claw marks across her chest. "Oh well...poop." And she faints, collapsing backwards onto the bar floor.

Felicity stares at her fainted compatriot.  "Oh, fer......'ey, if I'm not allowed to faint....neithah....neithah are....you.....wot...." and she, too, faints.  Some sober beasts try to take them to the Infirmary....the slender hare is, naturally, easier than the fox.....

Some time later...

Some time later being the next day. Rioko wasn't one to wait around in infirms, nor was she really able to afford to stay in one. Early in the morning with bandages still wrapped around her chest and with out even waiting to put food in her belly Rio slips out through the infirm window, vanishing into the crowd.
But there was only one place she could go. Quite literally actually. Using her glaive as a walking stick Rioko hobbles along the sandy beaches of the west coast, heading northward, wincing occasionally at the wounds to her hide.

Felicity got some food.  She feels a lot better now, actually, but the Healers insisted on bandaging her head.  Killjoys.  Eating while she jogs, the haremaid follows her frenemy's tracks.  Cheese scones are actually not too bad cold, especially after being stuffed with more cheese, various salad greens, dried fruits, and then injected with some sort of dressing thing that can only be described as vinegary and fruity.  She spots the vixen far ahead and finishes her last scone so the chubby fox won't steal her food, and then she breaks into a run...

Probably wise. The fox however seems determined on her destination. She growls on occasion, using her glaive as a walking stick. It's been ages since her legs carried her so far but she pays them no mind. Rio is a vixen on a mission, a mission that brings her finally to the start of all this trouble.
The smugglers cave.
It looks...just like Rio left it, neither paw prints or tracks leading to or from the cave. Still, the fox comes to a pauses, rocking herself on her feet, wanting to press forward but unable too.

Felicity comes up to the vixen and slides to a stop behind her.  She stares at the cave for a while, then whispers, "What're we waitin' for, love, wot wot?" 

Rioko jumps out of her skin. That's twice she was startled in two days, probably not good for the heart of a beast so out of shape. "What in the blazes are you even doing here?" She yells. Her bark though proves worse than her bite and her voice quiets down as she turns to rub her nose bridge, "Forget I asked. I should just learn to have the long patrol always there, looming over my shoulder like some...avenging cotton tailed wraith." Free paw on her hip Rioko supports her weight with her glaive. "And I'm going...when I feel ready."
She sighs, "Every day I was away all I wanted to do was get back here and bask in my riches. But...well..." Rio bites her lip, "What if they are no here no more? What if...what if someone made off with them? What if they're gone!? I..." The fox continues to rock back and forth. "I don't know if I can take that."

Felicity steps forward so she is level with the vixen.  Letting the 'cotton tailed' remark slide, she shrugs.  "Well, then....we can try to find the beat whot did it, and if we can't catch them, we can try to find you another stash of pirate treasure.  And I think you can; just be brave, wot!"  The haremaid strikes what she thinks is a dashing pose (but she's a hare, so of course she thinks it looks dashing), folding her ears back as she puts a Devil-may-care smile on her face.  "You were brave, bold, daring yestahday, wot!  You can do so again.....and again....and again!  Don't let fear stop ya, love!  You can do it!"  Pep talk cum cheerleader.  All she needs is pompoms....

The fox is quite clearly taken aback. She holds back tears, nodding her head. Unable to reply at the moment she takes a deep breath instead before moving forward. She pauses at the entrance to the cave. "Ok. Be brave, bold and daring. I can do this. And..." She turns to the hare, "What ever happens. Thanks. I...said some things yesterday that were...eh, mostly untrue but...thanks." And with that she steps inside...

Felicity smiles kindly.  When her brain is working, she says some awesome stuff.  Following the vixen, she pauses behind her.  After listening, she nods.  "Me, too.  I'm awful sorry.  Don't worry, all's forgiven.  No 'ard feelin's.  I still believe in you." Smile!  She then, too, steps inside, and sees.....

The fox steps lightly into the cave. Slowly, as if anticipating that everything has been accosted by thieves. The cave itself actually...looks about the same. The fox had a chance to at least organize the room a bit better. Couldn't have her precious gold just laying about the floor getting dirty. The tapestries, clothing and other supplies look untouched, but worse for ware from sitting in a cave for over a month. No matter, it's the untouched and unopened chests of gold that fill Rioko with hope. "My babies!" She drops the glaive into the sand rushing for the nearest chest, "Oh how I missed you all, don't worry, Rioko is here now to take care of-" She opens the chest.
To her credit the fox doesn't scream. Her eyes widen, her tail poofs at the sight of an empty chest. She quickly turns to another chest, empty, another empty except with a single note at the bottom 'IOU' and then snark laughter scrawled upon the letter and even on the bottom of the chest.
Rioko begins to make an odd chittering sound. "kck kck kck." As if she were choking on something. The vixen then topples onto her side where her paws merely twitch in the air, an odd, disturbing smile on her face.

Felicity, for her credit, stifles all words.  Talking wouldn't do good right now.  Walking around a little frantically, the haremaid literally trips over a buried chest.  Hurriedly digging the top loose, she opens it and is rewarded by gleaming coins and things.  "Rio!  Lookie, they didn't get all of it!"  She scurries away, anticipating the vixen to be slightly crazy right now...

The fox...doesn't actually react so much as continue to lay there making odd noises and...foaming at the mouth. Even at the reveal of her hide away treasure still being here. The fox just continues to stare off into a wall, slowly curling into a ball and sucking her thumb
Yeah, she's be fine.

~*END*~
Thanks for reading!

Last edited by BlisaMarshmellow (2016-12-22 05:38:44 PM)

Board footer