Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-03-01 05:59:20 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

Poor Caleb :( (ICly happens anywhere from Feb. 11th-14th, '17)

(An RP on my 5th anniversary of joining the MUCK!  Yay big_smile )
This happens about 2 or 3 days after this log: http://forum.rwmuck.org/viewtopic.php?id=97

SCENE: Redwall Abbey Gatehouse Loft

CHARACTERS: Caleb, a male mouse Novice.

LOG:

Caleb is out of the infirm and seems somewhat glad, but he has stayed in the same chair with a blanket wrapped around him staring at the window. He coughs a little as he is still recovering.

LilyMoore cautiously comes into the loft.  "Caleb?"  She enters and quietly closes the door behind her.  "Sorry for not visiting you earlier....Nana wouldn't let me into the Infirmary."  She goes to give him a big, warm hug.  "I'm glad you're okay."  Little does she know...

Caleb blinks and nods "I..I am fine"  He manages a weak smile  "Just unwise to swim in winter."  Yes make a joke of it.

LilyMoore drags a stool over and sits in front of her brother.  Brow furrowed and a frown forming, she looks into his eyes, concern etched on her face.  "Are you sure you're fine?  You seem.....distant and sad."  She goes to hold his paw.  "I sometimes think only otters should swim....and then I remember how fun it is."  Tiny smile.  Maybe if she goes along with his joke, he'll tell her what's wrong...maybe.

Caleb sighs "Just...saw someone, they helped me out of the pond or lease that's what I was told...not that it matters"

LilyMoore pushes.  "It does matter because you're my brother!  What's wrong, Caleb?  Who did you see?  Did they upset you?  I heard that Cynthia was here, although I didn't see her; was that it?"  She only heard from a gossipy Novice that Cynthia was here; she knows literally nothing else.

Caleb looks at the floor "Can we...not talk about her as I rather not" He sighs as he leans back in the chair and sneezes a couple times .

LilyMoore gives her twin a hankie.  "Then please tell me what's wrong!  I hate knowing you're sad and not knowing how to help.  Maybe if I know what's wrong, I can help.  Please, Caleb; I love you.  You're my brother.  Please tell me.  I can keep it a secret, if you want."  She seems desperate.

Caleb frowns "I...I asked...and she said..."  Tears come now "Cynthia is getting married in the spring and going off somewhere with this small group of performers, I didn't ask where and...and" He shakes his head "I DONT CARE!"

LilyMoore leans back at the yelling, her mind running fast.  "You asked....wait...."  Ooooh, and she was hoping things would never change.  "You asked her to marry you and she said....oh, Caleb...."  pushing aside all her own feelings she offers him a hug, tears springing to her eyes as she tries to imagine how horrible that rejection would be.  "Oh, Caleb, I'm so sorry...."   She thinks he does care, but she doesn't say that for now.

Caleb leans into the hug and frowns "Yeah...and she...said no"  He closes his eyes and frowns "Guess I was just a fool to think something was...real"

LilyMoore just holds her brother for as long as he needs it.  "I don't think you're a fool....I think you just have a big heart."  She starts to try and rub his back (unless he makes/asks her to stop).  "Please don't close yourself off to love; I don't want to lose my sweet, awesome brother.  She doesn't know what she's walking away from."  And then she is silent, letting him cry or be angry or whatever he needs to do.

Caleb sniffs and then, something rare for him he just suddenly lets out his feelings, his sadness and sobs uncontrolled against his sister for a good while before he tires himself out and ends up falling asleep

Lily just sits there, faithfully holding him because that's what family does for each other.  When he falls asleep, she covers him with another blanket and goes to get food for them both at suppertime.  She stays with him for the next day or 2; she's not going to leave him alone right now.

~*END*~

Thanks for reading!  Poor Caleb sad

Board footer