Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-02-09 12:20:26 PM

Leon

Worse Day Ever-Redwall Log

This starts in the clearing north of the abbey and ends in the Redwall Great Hall

Log
Leon-Master Healer of Redwall
Caleb-Novice and son to Dorarose and Leon
Cynthia-Mousemaid and a dancer/singer

Spoofed:
Drake-A mouse
Cody and Pine-A couple otters
Copper-A squirrel
Caleb was old enough to go out on his own and he only planned on going a short distance when he hear a friend was nearby along the road

The group was staying in a clearing not too far from the abbey. A couple otters and a squirrel, and singing was a mouse maid, none other than Cynthia herself. She had been away for a few weeks traveling with the circus and learning to sing and play music.

Caleb made his way through the trees and to the clearing, he smiled as he seen his friend and watched her sing as he sat on a log nearby

Cynthia finished and then waved to Caleb as she walked over “Hey…sorry didn’t talk at the Winter Feast, Guess I got busy see me and a friend from the traveling circus decided to form our own group and this is it, neat huh…a beast by the name of Drake and the squirrel over there whose name is Copper is in charge and Drake has been teaching me to dance!”

Caleb listens as she talks “I hope you keep singing, so that shrew Oswald is no longer your teacher?”

Cynthia shakes her head “I learned all I could from him, I mean I could learn more but nothing I haven’t already learned and I can practice on my own and adding dance to it is great. This is a small group but that’s fine, small groups can entertain as well.”

Caleb nods as he smiles “I was hoping you would stay a while Cynthia, I have missed you and I am sure your father has missed you as well”

Cynthia nods “I know but I am grown up now…well almost 9 seasons, oh and I have great news” She sounds excited.

Caleb nods again “Well maybe I could stay with you I been meaning to ask you something Cynthia and…well”

Cynthia shakes her head “No you stay with your novice training, it just wasn’t for me is all and congrats on 2nd level I am sure your be a brother in the order soon” She offers a smile “And ask me what? I was getting ready to go with Drake somewhere to get some supplies before the group heads out.” She looks back to the two otters and the squirrel as they look to be packing up to head on down the road to where ever they are plaing to go.

Caleb smiles again, “Well I…ummm” He seems nervous as he gets out a small box and then drops it, he panics and quickly picks it up again and frowns, “Sorry….”

Cynthia blinks at the box, “Caleb..whats that?”

Caleb shows the box, “Its umm…not real..well it is but not like costs a lot and it’s not a ring it’s just a necklace with a simple silver chain and on the end is a heart made of silver, it’s for you..I was gonna..gonna ask it….you would”

Cynthia frowns now, “You’re asking me to marry you?” Ok she is not sure she wants to be right or not as she goes to back up ”I need to really  get going, it was nice to see you again Caleb”

Caleb reaches out to take her paw in his, “Cynthia…wait please. I didn’t mean to upset you and yes I would like you to be my mate one day but you can think on it. I love you and can wait for a reply…your be back in the Spring right? Maybe the feast even?”

Cynthia moves her paw out of his, ”I…no I was not planning on returning. I was going to travel with the group to Halyard and live there, maybe travel the seas or the coast lines.” She keeps a frown not wishing to hurt him but he needs to know “I..I am engaged to…to Drake. We are to marry in the Spring”

Caleb now backs away and looks like he has just be told someone died. ”W..What?” He asks softly “But…I…I thought you loved me…..”

Cynthia frowns “I….maybe I did or it was a crush, we thought it was something….I am sorry I fell in love with Drake and he is kind, loving and even knows paw to paw fighting and you should see him with a staff”

Caleb then glares “I don’t care!” He throws the heart necklace at a tree and tears fall down his face. He then turns and rushes from the clearing.

A tall mouse, Drake walks over “Cynthia is everything alright?”

Cynthia reaches out ”Caleb!” She turns to Drake and shakes her head no as she goes to follow Caleb.

Caleb meanwhile is rushing away from the clearing and not paying attention to where he is going, he comes across a small pond, much  smaller than the abbey pond and maybe big enough for a single small fishing boat. Its frozen over when he runs across it and slips, spinning in a circle and stops in the middle. He slowly stands and falls onto his bottom and that’s when he hears something that puts fear in him…….cracking ice!

Drake went to follow the mouse maid when she went running off.

Cynthia came to a halt and looked over at Caleb “Caleb?!She gasps when she sees him “Caleb don’t move! Drake!” She calls out when she sees him “Get Copper and get the two otters Cody and Pine…hurry!”

Drake nods and does as he is told, before long he is back with a rope he ties to a tree and hands it to one of the otters who holds on to it and looks to where the mouse is.

Caleb looks at Cynthia and frowns “Why do you care….I can get up myself..I just wanna go home” He knows home is just a little ways east to the market and then along a path and to the road, maybe an hour or so walk, he would make it just fine….if only the ice didn’t break more and he soon learns the small pond is deep….very deep!

Cynthia’s eyes widen  and she places a paw on her mouth, she is afraid to go towards the small pond and she can’t swim.

The otter dives into the pond, rope in paw and soon finds the mouse and manages to get a rope around his waist and pulls the rope as he swims up, the other otter gets the mouse to safety of the shoreline

Caleb coughs and gags up water and shivers from the sudden cold and the fact he is soaked in icly water now.

Cynthia walks over quickly to see if he is alright as the squirrel checks him over and mentioned how they should take him to the abbey. The mouse maid nods slowly.

The walk there is slightly slow, one of the otters wrapped the mouse novice in a cloak he had to keep him warm and dry and carried him. The other otter stayed beside them, as well as the squirrel and two mice Cynthia and Drake who watched Cynthia” It’s not your fault, not his either it’s no one’s fault.”

Cynthia frowns “I upset him and he ran off, and how is that not my fault Drake?”

Caleb groans slightly as he drifts in and out of consciousness as they near the abbey gates.

Leon was exiting the gatehouse when a guard motioned him to follow, he follows and then gasps at whom the group of travelers have, he nods to the infirm and has worry on his face, asking what happen as he listens he does what he needs to do to help his son.

Cynthia sits in the Great Hall, the small group has decided to get supplies from the abbey and then head on back north and west towards the coastline. They would stay till the next day and then head off.

Drake looks around “So…you grew up some here?”

Cynthia just sighs but she does nod, she glances at the kitchens but decides to stay where she is.

Leon comes down the steps and stands in front of the two mice “Caleb will live but will have to stay in the infirm for a few days.”

Cynthia nods, “I’m..Sorry, if I had not upset him he would have been able to avoid that fishing pond by the market place….and me and the others with me will leave in the morning”

Drake just stays quiet.

Leon listens “You can stay, no need to leave. Traveling in winter is not always the best thing and Friar Lacota I am sure wants to spend time with his daughter.”

“Trust me, he wouldn’t ….tell him I love and miss him but come sunrise or before me and the ones whom came with me will be heading off, we…we already are a day behind as it is…then again maybe we should leave before dinner”

Drake sighs and goes to see if that’s a good idea, he soon returns “Copper said if we left now we could make it to a good camping spot and maybe get a couple log boats a family of shrews have to get to the western shire faster.”

Leon frowns but nods finally “Alright then…you want me to tell Caleb anything?”

Cynthia nods to Drake and then turns to the Master Healer” No…” She then seems to take it back, “Just let know we got him here and..that then we left”’

Leon nods “As you wish Cynthia.”

The mouse maid nods and heads out with the two otters, Copper the squirrel, and Drake. One last look at the abbey and she walks away, she won’t return again. She will get married to Drake and they will have a son, she will even name her son Caleb after her friend. She also becomes a great singer and dancer know far and wide, and she will always remember Redwall Abbey.

Last edited by Leon (2017-02-15 12:13:18 PM)

I play
Cota-grandson of Dorarose
Micco-Leader of the Gawtribe

Board footer