Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-02-02 04:51:35 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

Next Chest: a Ferravale log /or/ Bad fox and new laws...

Happens shortly after this log: http://forum.rwmuck.org/viewtopic.php?id=91

SCENE: Ferravale: Chieftain's House: Main room/Living Room

CHARACTERS: Xander, a male badger and Mossflower Defenders member.  Blisa, a female cat and Chieftain of Ferravale; Ferdinand, a male ferret and her bodyguard.  Bandit, a male fox and Head Guard of Ferravale.  Marek, a male stoat and Ferravale Tavern owner and manager.

LOG:

Blisa is in her living room, working on something.  She has a stack of loose papers at her side on the sofa, and her paw is all inky from her quill pen; she's been at this most of the day so far.  The long sleeves on her black tunic cover up most of the tattoo on her left arm, but you can still see the adder's head on the back of her paw.  Ferdinand is busy oiling his sabre by the fire.  No one else can be seen or heard.

Xander walks up to the door and starts to knock, he then draws his paw back and seems to think maybe later, but he then finally knocks and steps back to wait on a reply.

Blisa starts at the sound.  She had been dipping her pen in the ink, so the inkpot gets jostled and ink spills on her write.  Incoherent noises of irritation can be heard as she tries to not cuss.  Ferdinand lays his sword down and goes over to the door while the cat wipes up spilled ink with a rag.  Opening it, the ferret smiles slightly.  "Oh, Xander, hello."  He looks back at the feline, who nods sharply as she continues to rub at her stained fingers.  The bodyguard turns back to the young badger and steps to the side so he can enter.  "Pleathe, come in."

Xander nods "Thank you...sir" He walks in and nods a hello to the chieftain as he waits quietly for her to speak, he always did wait for others to speak first when they are a high rank or important. He has his cloak on, hood down and some slight bandage is seen on his left collarbone as most of it is hidden.

Coming down the street a familiar swift fox snacks on a pastry in one paw and twirls his baton in the other. It's a surprisingly good day for Bandit. Despite the bitter cold of winter he seems quite content and happy. Probbibly due to how he has been cheating on his diet... The fox strolls up to the door, finishing his snack and lickinghis claws clean of the evidence before knocking on the door.   

The ferret smiles. "No need to call me 'thir'; jutht call me Ferdinand." He closes the door, but before he can go back to taking care of his sword, there's another knock at the door. Sighing, he opens it again to see who it is... Blisa has wiped all the ink off her paw as she can with the already inky rag, and now she sets it and whatever paperwork she's doing to the side. "How may I help you, Xander? Would you care for some tea? I was just about to get some." She gestures at a nice, cushy chair across from the sofa she's perched on, on the other side of the low table that her inkpot is resting on. Ferdinand smiles at the Head Guard. "Oh, hello. Do you need to talk to Mith Blitha?" He hasn't stepped aside to let the fox enter yet; actually, he steps onto the front stoop and closes the door to keep the warm air inside, just in case Bandit isn't here to talk but is just dropping something off. 

Xander looks to the chieftain "Well...it's this..."  He pulls out a note that has her name on it and frowns "Sorry about the blood stains....you have a chest and...oh I also have the key" He pulls out a key that will open the chest she has.  "I would of been here sooner but some...things happen"

The fox smiles innocently. "Crime is down for the first time in months, the number of guards is up, and no one is trying to burn down the city this week. And you think I'm not going to deliver this news in person?" Bandit laughs, trying to enter the house. He tries to peer around Ferdi's shoulder, "Oh? Does the chieftainess have company?"

Ferdinand gets in the way.  "Yeth, she doeth.  Let me thee if they're okay with you coming in right now..."  Meanwhile, Blisa looks at the note and raises an eyebrow at the bloodstains and the mention of things happening, but for now she doesn't question them.  Instead, she just nods and returns the note.  "Yes, Zee gave me a chest.  I'll be right back."  Smiling slightly, she stands and heads to her room to get the chest.  Ferdinand pokes his head back into the room just as she enters her room.  "Of courthe I have bad timing...."

Xander nods and waits quietly. He starts to wonder if she has the blade as it's possible, he has unlocked so many chests it seems, I mean how many chests and sizes of chests are there anyhow. He sighs and sits down in one of the chairs nearby as standing too long isn't always that fun. He rubs his shoulder a little as some more of the bandaged area is seen and tenses up a little as it hurts to move too much as moving the shoulder moves the collar bone some, he closes his eyes and slowly opens them again.

The fox twitches his tail impatiently while standing at the door. "It won't take but a moment. I just want to keep myself in the good graces of the village leader with a pet snake, ya know? Heh, It feels good to finally get back into the swing of things after the previous beast filling in for me while I was away so graciously handed the job over to me."   
//Last month//   
"Hey, I'm Bandit, I just wanted to say how much I appreciate you taking over for being the head guard of the city while-" The fox enters what was once his office and is greeted by a pile of paperwork being thrown his way. "I can't take this madness anymore!" The rat behind the desk shouts before leaping through the window.   
The fox blinks. "Oh...kay then. Nice chat..."   
//Present//   
Bandit shivers. "Anyway..." 

Blisa reenters the room, carrying a chest the size of a decent sized book (OOC note: think of the Ace paperback Redwall books and you'll have the right size).  Crossing the room, she silently hands it to the badger, then goes over to a cabinet by the fireplace and starts getting some tea ready to brew.  Ferdinand sighs and coughs a little, hoping he's not ignored for too long.

Xander frowns and closes his eyes, it's not the blade and that's fairly clear. He takes a deep breath and holds it before releasing it and opens his eyes to unlock the chest, "Ya...another key"  he says sounding no where near thrilled with it, he unfolds the note to see where to go next and seems to pale a little, that is possible right or can that be seen well with fur, he does seem a little on edge of whom he is seeing next. He just stares at the small note as he pockets the key.

A fine touching moment interrupted as the door is pushed open, "Ferdinand." Bandit says from the other side in a very calm, but agitated sounding voice. "It's cold out here and I'm wearing /chainmail/." The fox says in a way as if to suggest the ferret should do something about this. Like let him in.

Blisa sets the water-filled teapot on a hook so the fire can heat it.  After putting some tea leaves in a tea diffuser thingy and placing it in the pot, the cat replaces the lid and turns to the badger, waving for Ferdinand to let the fox in.  Which he does.  "Xander, what's wrong?  Is the note a bad thing?"  She asks, slipping onto the couch again as the shivering ferret gestures the fox inside.  He didn't put on a cloak.  Oopsie.

Xander seems to snap out of his state of -I have to see who!- and just shows her the note.=Guess you know this is not the blade but your closer....you may or may not like who has the next clue, not to worry he is just slightly creepy. Who is...The seer of Ferravale, that's right you know who that is...= and it's signed Zee. Xander frowns and finds his voice, "I have...ha...talk...to...to Nightbreath" He sounds so thrilled...not!

The fox nods as he steps inside, brushing snow off of his tail. "Nightbreath? Capital!" he pats the badger on the shoulder, "I heard he turned the last person who upset him into a toad." He says with a wide smile, pausing as if to add more to his joke, instead he turns to Blisa and interrupts the conversation with a loud, "I have some good news to report marm! Crime is down, guard recruitment is up, and the jail is nearly empty of the criminal element, oh and can I barrow Basil for a day?" He taps his paws together. "No reason. Anyway, the jail house is practically empty at the moment save for a few tavern drunks and one pickpocket rat."

Blisa glares at the fox.  "No, you may not borrow my snake.  Now shush until I say you can speak."  He mad her mad, yo.  Rolling her eyes, she turns to the badger and quickly says, "Nightbreath's actually a really nice guy. He just looks creepy..."  Ferdinand also glares at the Head Guard and 'accidentally' tries to step on the end of his tail.  Bad fox.  "I can come with you if that would help you feel better," the feline adds, hoping the badger doesn't faint from what the dumb fox said.

Xander just stares ahead and stands "I...really need to get back, Mom will worry...or maybe Marek will as need to chat with him on training yeah training...." He looks at Bandit as his eyes go wide, can a seer really turn a beast into something else and he stares at him a good while before it looks like he is staying a little longer as...he faints....Bandit better have good reflexes and catch him!

The fox's reflexes are a bit diminished as his tail is stepped on. He turns to face the ferret, clutching his tail and keeping it out of his reach, "Do you MIND! I only have one of those you kn-YIPE!" he yelps as the badger falls on top of him. Thankfully the fox breaks the fall of the badger, unfortunately there is nothing to break the fall of the fox as the badger pins him under his weight.   
"OwWWwWww..." he manages to whimper... 

Wincing, Ferdinand goes to help the fox escape the badger.  Blisa helps, too, and after a few minutes they manage to get him to the guest room.  It takes a lot of work, but they somehow manage.  (It's mostly the ferret doing most of the work; the cat is too little and weak.)  When they come back, Ferdy sits in his chair and stares at the ceiling.  Blisa glares at the fox angrily, arms crossed over her chest.  "That was completely unnecessary!  When he wakes up, you need to apologize to him, and buy him whatever he wants from the tavern!  Do you understand me?"  Sitting back down on the couch, she adds, "And what's this I've heard about you threatening beasts with being fed to Basil?" 

The fox lets out a whine. This was not how he imagined this wonderfully awesome day to go! "Yes marm." He says, then whines again, "I haven't been threatening beasts with feeding them to Basil! It just...well ok maybe I have said it a few times, just jokingly." He laughs like this is no big deal, threatening to feed a beast to a snake, "It helps put the fear of the Darkforest in beasts I'll tell you what! You would be surprised how much it cuts back on crime. Combined with how unpredictable you are it..." The fox buttons his lip. "Never mind, 'tis a silly thing really. I...I'll stop threating people with Basil."

Blisa points to the chair Xander had been in.  "Sit there.  Now."  She's like a midget interrogator, man!  "I don't want the beasts of my village to live in fear of me.  From now on, Basilisk will only eat murderers and beasts who try to conquer us, and maybe not even then.  Why did you even start that?  Keep your word and don't /ever/ do it again.  EVER."  Looking at the stuff she's been scribbling, she adds, "Also, I'm setting up a barter system so the homeless in my village can work for their food and lodging."

The fox's whining stops short. "/I/ didn't start up these rumors. I just /used/ them to put fear into criminals. If you don't want them to spread then don't keep a snake as a pet monster." The fox leans back in his chair, "consider it the price of being fierce and feisty. I don't consider it a bad thing actually. It would be nice to dissuade our enemies from trying to invade our village... Perhaps if we brought back the stockades..."

Marek knocks on the door as he reads a note a guard gave him while he was tending to his future headquarters for the Defenders.

"Stop sassing me," Blisa growls.  "And no stockades!  No torture!  Actually, I--"  she is inturrupted by the knock.  Ferdinand gets it while the frustrated cat checks on the tea.  Pouring 4 cups of it, she puts a lot of honey in hers.  The ferret smiles when he opens the door and sees who's there.  "Ah, Marek. Pleathe come in; Mith Blitha wath expecting you."

The fox rolls his eyes, "Oh sure, you tie one thief to the front gates by his tail and they call it t-" He turns to address Marek with a curt nod of the head. "Anyway. Was there anything else you needed of me Chieftess?"   

Marek nods as he steps inside and waits to see what the chieftain needed. He glances over at Bandit but doesn't say anything as this is the Head Guard and most likely has meetings with the chieftain a good deal.

Blisa takes a deep breath to calm herself and sips her very sweet tea.  Okay.  She can do this.  "Well, yes, actually.  I have a new law to alert you 2 of."  Turning, she clasps her paws around her teacup and explains the new law: From now on, the only meat allowed within the village is fish and shrimps and things like that.  Bird meat and any other meat are no longer allowed, and any beast bringing such meat into the village or eating such meat within the confines of the village will be punished as a murderer.  NO EXCEPTIONS.  (Except for Basilisk, obviously.)  "This law takes effect immediately.  I expect full cooperation," she adds, fully expecting some citizens of the village to call her things like 'woodlander wanna-be' and 'Abbey brat' (assuming they know that she spent quite a few of her formative years living in Redwall).  She'll deal with it when the time comes.

The fox chokes, his face going pale. "But...that's...that's..." He begins to stammer unable to find the right words. "That isn't vermin!" He blurts out, "You can't just..." he pauses realizing that Blisa, in fact, can.

Blisa shrugs, smiling more widely than she has for a long time.  "Can and am.  And since I'm hoping to start a bird branch of the guards, I figured it would be bad to allow my villagers to continue to eat birds.  They are beasts, sentient beings, just like you and me.  If killing a fox or a mouse would be murder, then so is killing a bird.  Now, /if/ you'll excuse me, I have a few more laws to rewrite.  Thank you."  And with that she shoos her 2 guests away.  They have a law to enforce...

The fox stiffens. "Yes...Chieftess." He turns, twitching an eye as he walks out the door. His memory goes back to the poor rat who got his job while he was off gallivanting around, the way he cackled madly as he dashed out of town and over the bridge. "Maybe I can get kidnapped again..." he says gruffly before heading back to the guard shack to give his beasts the wonderful news...

~*END*~

Thanks for reading! smile

Board footer