Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-02-02 12:58:53 PM

The_Brony_Marek

Chats and..Exercise?-Defenders Log

Outskirts: Clearing
Any hint of overgrown vegetation has been eliminated from this area to the point where you cannot see any of it in your immediate sight. Standing here are a large amount of bricks and what appears to be the foundation for some sort of building.

Xander walks slowly towards the base or what will be the base soon. On his back is the sword he uses for now, least till he finds his rightful blade. His cloak hides his bandages.

Swords, bah! Brookshire has no need for swords! She relies solely on her wits and skills to get her by! That and her sword belt no longer fits. It doesn't look like much of anything the ferret wears these days fits. Her vest is hardly able to button around the bulging gut spilling over her tight fitting pants. The ferret can't imagine how she keeps putting on weight, as she lounges on a crate inside one of the tents feasting on an apple. There are several apple cores scattered about the floor around her. Through no fault of her own of course...they were there before she got there...obviously...

Xander frowns, and walks over to the ferret "You should clean that up before Marek gets here, he may frown upon this sort of thing"

Marek makes his way around and then over to the two beasts and sighs loudly "What is all this? And Mr. Xander what brings you out and about shouldn’t you be resting still?"

Before Marek arrives The ferret waves off the badgers concern, "Oh pish posh. I'm on break. Union rules." Assuming villainous vermin have unions. Beyond hordes that is. "What Marek doesn't know won't hurt him. I bet he- MAREK!" The ferret snaps to attention, sitting up on the crate with no lack of effort. "What are you doing here? Er, I mean. Marek! S-so good to see you again. I was just...testing the apples for freshness. Yeah. Don't want yer troops to suffer eating a worm now eh? I can assure you that all these apples are of the uh, highest quality! No worms to report so I'll just be on me way..." She tries to duck out of the tent, laughing nervously as she goes.

Xander turns to face Marek "I came to the village to talk to the Chieftain Blisa and while I was close though I would find you to ask when my training can start back up again sir?"

Marek blocks the path, so neither one of them is going anywhere right now. He studies both of them before speaking to Brookshire" 50 pushups and 50 sit ups now...and I assure you the food here is good and you will not stuff yourself with  all the apples either" He then frowns at Xander, "You need to heal before you get back to any serious training, maybe some stretches and some strength exercises for now. I saw your injury and few...if any...are able to live from it"

The ferret let's out a squeak of terror. Exercise? Her? Was he MAD? That could get people killed! Oblivious to the needs of the badger Brook puts on her best smile, even if it comes across as nervous. "You make it sound like I'm just gobbling up food for the sake of...gobbling up food! Nah, you got it wrong sir! I'm just...getting into character." The beast pats her stomach with both paws. "I'm getting intot eh part of a thiefy vagabond so I can join a bandit gang and then..." And then what she thinks, "And once I join their ranks I'll lead them straight to you lot, yeah! And it's just a little winter fluff anyway. I swear I'm fit as a fiddle sir!"

Xander frowns as he looks at the ground, for now he is quiet as he listens to the other two beasts talk.

Marek narrow his eyes  as he speaks to Brookshire, "I said push-ups and sit ups...Now" His voice sounds dangerous as he speaks "And what bandit groups...you shouldn’t try and join them, I don’t need trouble for this group as some beasts don't trust me, others do trust me and I would like to gain more trust...not less"

The ferret makes a chittering noise. With a panicked yelp she drops to the ground with a soft THWUMP, beginning to do rapid sit ups. She starts out rather fast and energetic. It was amazing how much motivation fear could put into  a beast.

Xander watches the ferret, he could try and do some but it would cause pain, he glances at Marek again "Sir....I do want to keep training if I can and I tried to remember what was taught to me..just..."He looks away "I let anger get to me at the fox...I thought it killed my mother, it didn’t and she is ok but at the time..."

Marek looks to the badger" Anger clouds the mind, so one must be careful. It’s possible you could of almost went into Blood wrath but I am not sure, I only saw the aftermath of the fight and where Mr. Zolomon had shot the fox with an arrow in the back. You are very lucky Mr. Xander as that blade could of easily entered your chest or throat, not your collarbone and shoulder blade as it did and having two healers there was also a blessing "

Brookshire has some trouble as she struggles to do a sit up and finally she does one and then does some more . She didn’t have to much trouble with the pull-ups…at first…the last 5 or so were torture to her.

Xander says, "I know I should of paid better attention and I didn’t, I am sorry."

Marek snorts, “One must always pay attention to what is around them, what the enemy is doing and how to better beat them. You most likely over extended your blade and left yourself  open for an attack that could of been blocked. Also fighting one more skilled than you is not wise either, it is not always a bad idea to run from a fight, or distract your enemy till help arrived"

Brookshire will hold Marek to those words eventually, but for now she continues with her assignment. Admittedly this is probably the worst time and place for Brookshire to be exercising but that shouldn't be a problem for much longer. She falls backward, turning to jelly. "H-how many...did I do?" she asks between labored breaths.

Xander nods "Yes sir" He leaves it at that and looks to the path to the village "Can I be excused now, I would like to speak to Chieftain Blisa now"

Marek nods "Excused, and come talk to me more later tonight" He looks at the Ferret and decides to be polite, in fact she did 10 mo0re than she was supposed to, oh well. "You can rest Ms. Brookshire"

The ferret gives the beast a shaky thumbs up before returning to her state of jelly on the floor.

Xander nods his thanks and heads off to the village to find Blisa.

Marek shakes his head as he calls out its break time and he heads to the tavern, though it’s unclear if Brookshire will get lunch or not

Board footer