Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-02-28 12:36:35 PM

oz

Stress Cooking-Willowbark Log

Gorvenalus-Recorder of Redwall Abbey and Tempary Abbot of Willowbark

Xander-Leader of Mossflower Defenders

Varsha- Healer in training

Minsc-Champion/ Kight of Willowbark Abbey

Spoofed Willowbark Beasts

===Log===

Gorvenlus walked slowly into the kitchens and sniffed the air,there was a crowd of beasts gathered nearby the recently, finally fully repaired kitchens. “What is going on?”

Xander has on an apron and was, well cooking. He was cooking some muffins and cookies. So far he had 3 dozen walnut cookies, and he was just laying out 1 dozen sugar cookies and went to place 1 dozen in an oven to cook. He went over where some banana nut muffins was. Yes bananas was new, well to Xander it was it was not new to this abbey. He had 1 dozen of them so far and this new batch he added a little chocolate he had left from Redwall and went to stirring it and slowing placing the mixture in some lined muffin pans, looked like enough for 2 dozen in fact and looked like, yep, he decide to go ahead and get 2 dozen of these ready for another oven.

Brother Trifakus watched as he looked up at the beaver “Cooking I guess. It seems nice anyways but we are low on bananas now, not too low though so no worries and what is that brown stuff?”

Brother Ulraunt clear throat “I have no clue, smells sweet what ever it is...Gorvenalus do you know as you stayed at that...ummm what was it Red Abbey?”

Gorvenalus smiles “Redwall and that is chocolate, it sweet and very nice, also costs a lot of gold but Redwall gets it a cheaper price from Ferravale and its used for special events usually and sometimes something called hot chocolate in winter, during the winter feast they had it most likely”

“Stress cooking” Xander mutters as he checks on the sugar cookies and looks for something else as he hmms “4 dozen cookies, 3 dozen muffins...maybe a dozen more muffins..oat ones.” He looks at veggies like carrots,potatoes,celery, and squash and gets a knife and starts chopping them up for the soup at lunch, “Ok if I make lunch...veggie soup, some muffins and maybe some peach cobbler?”

The normal cook, a middle aged rabbit just smiles “Go right ahead!” Hey he gets a break so he doesn't care and the badger seems to be doing well.

Brother Ulraunt  nods as he smiles “I may  like chocolate....”He chuckles at the rabbit”Nice Brother Rick...we do need to get some supply listing going, if we have not already as I am sure we are fine till spring but it's always good to check as some things are not yet ready to find, we still need to plant and grow other things and well others are in the market place either that or sometimes beast from the docks will sell or trade things”

Brother Trifakus  tilts his head “Stress cooking?”

Xander speaks “I can make a list of supplies in the kitchen...like bananas you should have enough, if done right, to have for 3 weeks...maybe 4.” He check as its been a few minutes and the cookies are done as he gets them out and lays them aside “Oh and we have cookies.”

Gorvenalus smiles “Xander is a very good cook, though I know he doesn't cook very often.”

Brother Trifakus nods as he listens as Brother Rick just gets closer and grins “He can cook when ever he wants to!” He tries a cookie, if allowed and smiles more if he is able “These are good”

Brother Ulraunt hmms “I will need to write these recipes down maybe for later use and yes go ahead Sir do make the list and bring it to me when done, thank you”

Gorvenalus stays off to the side”The last few days have been a little...stressful, but I know things will get better and we are doing well. We need to start clearing area for the crops and plant those in like 3-4 weeks, so 3 weeks to get the ground ready”

Xander half listens to their chit chat as he keeps an eye on the muffins and starts the soup adding veggies and broth, water and salt/ pepper.

Brother Ulraunt “ I think we will be ready.”

Minsc wanders in, the smell of baked goods the main reason as he grins “I smell something good”

Brother Trifakus nods “Yes it seems Xander is making lunch, giving Brother Rick a break today.”

Chip is behind his father as he smiles “SO is lunch soon then?”

Gorvenalus manages a chuckle, he nods to his recorder “By the way I want to have a meeting with abbey leaders soon, just some things on my mind to discuss is all”

Xander speaks “Also me and....well who ever” He is still stressed, but not as much, “Are only staying till your abbey has the spring crops planted as we can help with that and then we need to get back home to Mossflower. Rupert mentioned we should try and get back soon and its a 3-4 week trip once we start. I just hope all is well”

Minsc nods “Marek I be guessing would send a message if it was not ok. I am sure all is well!All will be glad to see you. Oz..Leon..Doarose..Lacota..Magramba...all of them!”

Gorvenalus watches as the rat and frog walk off and nods to Minsc “Thats true if anything major happen he will get a message to us I am sure.”

Chip sniffed the sir and smiles again”So when is lunch already?”

“Soon” Xander states as he gets the peach cobbler ready and gets muffins out of the oven, adds a little honey to the oat ones and mixes the soup. He finally looks over at the beasts watching him and nods, he is in no mood to smile so a nod is all they get and its back to cooking, stress cooking he calls it but it makes a great and delicious lunch!

Varsha is half asleep and now she is more awake, she missed breakfast so waiting on lunch will be annoying, then she spots the badger and blinks, wait he can cook?

Gorvenalus steps closer to Xander and carefully chooses his words “How are you feeling?”

Xander speaks while stirring and setting things on a table “Fine...”He says quietly, he sighs “Not..fine but  less stressed, cooking helps...like a lot “

Varsha sniffs the food, “Smells...good...so good...sorry I can go away”

Gorvenalus offers a smile.

Xander shakes his head “No....you can stay.”He thinks and adds “Help me set lunch out?”

Varsha smiles and nods “At your service sir”

Gorvenalus smiles “I will help as well”

Xander smiles, a faint smile but a smile none the less “Thanks...” And he and his two friends get a table set for lunch, get some nice drinks and soon all is ready.

Gorvenalus smiles, he is glad Xander is feeling better as a lot has happen, and not just in the last few days...the last few weeks a lot has happened in Willowbark and he is glad for its ups and downs, things are going fairly well.

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

#2 2018-03-01 04:32:51 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

Re: Stress Cooking-Willowbark Log

I kind of wish I could crawl inside this log and try all the food Xander made......

Board footer