Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-02-21 01:01:58 PM

Karth Riverbark

Back Just In Time-Willowbark Abbey TP Log

In Log:

Karth Riverbark-ME-Archer in Mossflower Defenders

Flea Underwood-ME-Scout in Mossflower Defenders

Xander Winters-Leader of Mossflower Defenders

Minsc-Warrior in Mossflower Defenders and Knight/Champion of Willowbark

Gorvenalus-Recorder of Redwall Abbey and Tempary Abbot of Willowbark

Moonbeam-Messenger of Mossflower Defenders

Varies spoofs of seals,sea lions, Willowbark Beasts....

~~~LOG~~~~~

Karth seemed glad to finally be heading back and away from these caves, he was also glad to have his longbow back, he counted the arrows as if to make sure they were all there before adjusting both over his shoulder and heading over to where Gorvenalus was.

Gorvenalus was finishing a chat with Coral, the old greying seal and then smiled at Karth “You look ready to go, that is good. Let us get Xander and head back to Willowbark.”

Xander had recovered fairly well, he probably should rest another day or two but he talked them into letting him go on back, to check on his mate whom he is still very much worried about. He walked slowly, straightening up when he seen the beaver and spoke “Hey…let’s just get back, I need to make sure Krisha is doing ok”

Karth nods “I am all for getting back as well. I am glad the seals and sea lions are on our side, but I can also see why outsiders are not always welcome.”

Gorvenalus led them back to the abbey, it would normally be a little under an hour walk but they took almost two hours since Xander still was recovering, “Yes Quade destroyed half the clan, almost all the seals. Coral was the one who joined the seals and sea lions into a larger clan and together they are strong. They do not trust many outsiders but they do trust us now and if one can prove they are from either abbey, Redwall or Willowbark…they will trust them. Other beasts may not have an easy time.”

Xander nods as he walks along, he is still sore but tries to not show it. He still has a lack of energy but keeps a good pace, only having to stop once to redo a bandage on his arm. ”Quade destroyed a lot of lives.” He said quietly.

Karth nods “I know little of Quade, even when he was in Mossflower. I am glad his evil is gone. Most would not see a squirrel as some pure evil beast.”

Gorvenalus frowns, “That was the point I believe. I am not sure how he managed to befriend vermin beasts….even some woodlander beasts were at his side. Weather they joined in fear or were close friends, they still joined him in his….evil quest.” He stops once they neared the abbey.”We are almost there.”

Xander forced himself to quicken his pace to be beside the beaver “You ok Gorvenalus?”

Karth went on ahead of them and into the entryway. He was nearly tackled by a small shrew…one Flea”Karth!!!”

Gorvenalus smiled a little “I will be fine Xander, just thinking of the past, it’s ok to think of the past sometimes.”

Xander nods slowly “Yeah sometimes…I guess….” He headed to the infirm, to check on Krisha.

Moonbeam seen him and flapped over, her wing had healed nicely and she could now fly short distances, “Sir Xander…you have returned. I was ever ever so worried.”

Karth nodded to Flea “I am back yes.”

Flea grinned “I am glad my friend. Oh you have missed some repairs going on.

Gorvenalus looked around, he sighed as it started raining, one of those cold mixed with some snow rains, but it seemed the worse of it had went out to sea and that was good. I also seemed any roof repairs were done just in time. To this he smiled, the abbey was starting to slowly look grand again, it would never be like it was but if it could be close at least that would be nice.

Trifakus rushes over to Gorvenalus “Oh the seasons you are alright.”

Ulraunt also went to him “Abbot Gorvenalus we are glad you are back, what happen?”

Xander looked over at them and then slipped off to the infirmary, he could chat later but first some rest and that’s after he checks on Krisha.

Moonbeam lands on the grounds and blinks, she decides her leader is ok and so looks to see if anyone needs help with anything.

Karth nods “Yes all is well. I meet some seals and sea lions and an interesting couple squirrel maids….a squirrel and her daughter.”

“Oh Mariposa. She was here briefly as she helped get Sir Minsc back”

Minsc had heard the news and went to hug Gorvenalus and smiled “Thank the seasons you’re ok, I was worried father.”

“I am fine and in fact made the abbey some allys. The seal and sea lion Clan, I am forming a peace treaty with them.” Gorvenalus smiles, some good news he is glad of “I see some repairs have been going on, that is all good.”

Ulraunt nods “Yes we are even slowly getting the garden and crop area ready for spring planting and have checked the orchards and they are doing very well.”

Trifakus nods “Yes Abbot and repairs have even been made on roofs and are done, some cracks in a wall were repaired also as well as work started on tables and chairs. A couple beasts have even helped with sewing needs in the abbey.”

Karth walks over “This place will likely become very busy with spring coming soon, your need to get the crop area ready, I can help with that also” He bows, ready to help.

Minsc smiles, “Thank you Karth. He then turns to Gorvenalus “Sister Elma is resting, we talked her into a couple days off as it seems she was feeling a little like her age.”

“Oh be quiet and tell me please when my grandson is back” Sister Elma came out, leaning on her staff and hugged Gorvenalus “Glad to know you’re ok”

Trifakus frowns “Sister Elma you should get back to resting”

Sister Elma just gave him a look and the rat and frog both quickly went inside, suddenly seeming to find something to do other than force old beasts to sit down and rest. She managed a chuckle and looked to the others.” If everyone is up for it and not till tonight as it’s not even lunch just yet…..there is the memorial service to remember the lost..”

Gorvenalus nods “Yes…I know and it’s a couple days late I am sorry for that Grandmother. We should do that tonight and all can come Willowbark and Redwall Beasts alike.” He pauses “And I would like to invite a couple new friends from the seal and sea lion clan, we are allys now and have a peace treaty with them starting today. They too had loss that day.”

Minsc listens “I agree….all can come”

Karth listens quietly as they discuss stuff between them. He heads on inside after Flea does. It is a short time later lunch is served. A nice salad with some fish stew and cherry drink to wash it all down.

===Later that evening===

The weather had cleared up, which was good. The mood was a little sad, but also happy as remembering loved ones and lost friends was not always a sad event. From the Seal/ Seal Lion clan came Coral and the squirrel maid Mariposa who seemed curious of all this but stayed by the old seal.

Gorvenalus stepped forwards carrying a small staff with a lighted bell on it, a sort of glass bell with lighted oil inside it. An abbey otter had a small candle to light others as candles were placed on small pottery plates with paper flowers that glowed as the candles carefully went inside them and they floated on the water of the stream. “Any beast who have…words to say can say them now.”

Xander stepped forwards and carefully set his candle down and watched it as it floated and glowed, a single tear went down his face “Quade…killed my mother. I still think of her every day and miss her, then again who stops missing a beast. Her name was Sister Zinnia and she was recorder of Redwall Abbey…my home, it’s the job that now Gorvenalus has and I am glad he has it, she would be honored I think to have him taking care of the library now.” He steps back after saying a few quiet words.

Minsc is next, beside him Chip his son as he smiles and sits down his own candle. “This is for my mate….my Alice and Chip’s mother. My world stopped that day and for the past 8 seasons I also thought I had lost my son Chip as well. When me and my son were reunited, it was…well a great day and I KNOW Alice be watching over us and is happy for our reunion even if she cannot be with us, she is in spirit  .”

Others step forwards and say a few words of beasts lost that far off day, and even of those lost a few days later, many are remembered and memories are shared.

Coral grunts in his own language as he lays his own candle in the water to float with the others. The squirrel maid Mariposa speaks “Coral…he says…may the spirits of those…lost be there for us…stay in our hearts…guild us when needed and never be…be forgotten” She still needs to work on her common speech but she is fairly good at it, even if she talks slowly but hey she is translating for the seal also.

Karth stays where he is, he just watches and keeps quiet out of respect, as does Flea.

Gorvenalus steps forwards after every beast has said their words, their peace or shared a memory, he smiles a little “Friends….we shall always remember that day, but let us not dwell on any negative thoughts as our loved ones and friends would not want that. I am glad. Happy and over joyed to find there were survivors that day and I am also thank for the seal and sea lion clan, that even though they suffered loss as well, they helped Willowbark that day have a place to stay a couple seasons so they could come back and start to rebuild and you have done well rebuilding I am very proud of all of you.” He smiles and after a quiet few words he speaks again “Let us head back to the Main Hall, and have a good meal in memory of past friends and loved ones and to help welcome new friends we have meet.”

Minsc smiled and helped led beasts back to the main hall of Willowbark Abbey. There was even a way Coral the seal could stay a little while.

Xander followed, but also made sure all the Redwall beasts got inside as well.

Karth and Flea were the last couple beasts to get back inside. Flea had yet to tell Karth he wanted to stay as he knew most likely Karth did not want to stay so how to bring it up…..well that’s another story as for now good food and drink awaited.

Last edited by Karth Riverbark (2018-02-21 06:30:36 PM)

My spoofs:Atvi...and Alts=
Ewan Benjamin Delaney Tanner Mosswell Jahveri- LP Hare Fighter/Private and Residential Redwall Abbey Hare
Dearil-Archer/Fighter/Assassin in Blackrose

#2 2018-02-22 05:17:07 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

Re: Back Just In Time-Willowbark Abbey TP Log

LilyMoore would've helped some of the elderly beasts and Dibbuns with their candles.  And she would've stayed in respectful silence, even though she had been Quade's prisoner.  And of course she enjoyed the food! wink

Board footer