Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-02-01 02:57:44 PM

oz

How Did The Ferret Get Here!-Willowbark TP LOG

In log

Gorvenalus-Recorder of Redwall Abbey, temporarily Abbot of Willowbark

Lilymoore-Bellringer of Redwall Abbey

Xander-Leader of Mossflower Defenders

Brookshire- Betrayer of the Mossflower Defenders!

Log:

Gorvenalus ended up walking down the path away from the abbey, he didn’t realize it right away and sighed, he just needed to get away and think, too many questions and answers he needed and didn’t have, too many memories flooded back to him and giving him a headache. He walked along the stream quietly, maybe a half hour from the waterfall caves leading back to the abbey.   

Xander managed to find the beaver, and quickly caught up "Hey...Gorvenalus wait up? You ok?" He frowns a little and stands near his friend.   

If a beast were to look up, they might see smoke rising in the near distance. Close enough to smell cooked fish drifting through the trees. The beasts are close enough to hear... singing. The voice is off key and probably aided by alcohol, but strangely... familiar.   

Gorvenalus sighs as he looks up" I don’t know, it’s...it’s not like I can just ..."He blinks as he hears the singing and thinks not too much of it, there is the village and could be some random beast so he doesn’t really care at this point.   

Xander nods, "Well..."He does notice the smoke and the voice as he looks around “Did someone follow us?" He has heard that voice before but where he isn’t sure.

The singing only grows louder, and more obnoxious, if possible. "...the ferret did hop over the cow to steal the moon. She sold it for cheese and became rich and fat and famous! Har! So they sold her to market for only a cent! Hee ho! The ferret did steal the moon by jove!"   

The singing abruptly stops as the beast curses quite loudly. "GAH! Stop! Stupid fire! That's my tail! Not yours!"   

Gorvenalus starts to say something else and hears the yelling “Is some beast in trouble?"   

Xander frowns as he goes to where the smoke is seen, it’s not too far away maybe a couple hundred feet and then he stops in his tracks and just stares..."YOU!!"

What the badger does see is quite the sight. A small camp ground has been made into the very edges of the beach. There is a small life boat moored to the beach, from which a single pair of tracks leads up to where the sole occupant dumped her stash of supplies.

The bag of food stuffs are completely empty, as are the bottles of wine littering the sand. There was a camp fire, before the beast let it go out to put fish onto its smoldering remains.

And then there is the ferret. It is quite possibly the largest ferret one has ever seen! Rolls of flesh tightly wrapped up by a brown hide and tan underbelly. The oppulant creature dresses her obese body in jewelry. Necklaces and bracelets of gold and jewels. What couldn't be worn was stashed away in a big leather bag.

The heavy set ferret swivels her head towards the badger, eyes widening in confusion, and then fear. She says nothing, but her face just screams. No way. No, friggin WAY!

Brookshire gulps, "X-xander?!" The ferret then begins to chuckle, "Oh wow, I really must be drunk. For a minute there I thought I saw Xander there! HA! Like that could ever happen!" says the drunken ferret.

Gorvenalus walks over as he dusts off his blue robes and frowns, "The ferret knows you? Who is this....don't remember them with us."

Xander lays a paw on his blade and is already drawing it and narrows his eyes at the Ferret as his eyes flash a moment, he for now controls his urge to slice off Brookshire's head, "Yes....I know her. She is not a friend and how she got here I like to know too." It’s clear he is controlling his temper, just barely.

"Wow, this wine must have been better than I thought..." Brookshire chuckles. With obvious effort, she heaves herself to her feet. "I mean! That is some top quality hallucination! Look at his ugly face! Just like I remember it!" She goes to prod the badger in the face. "Down to his crooked nose and dumb looking unibrow scowl. Heh, even the fur feels..." She pauses. Poking again at the badger's chest and shoulder. Slowly her humor begins to run out, eyes widening again with something much more terrified. "I mean... I mean... eee... ooooo... um...."

There is a pause.

And then Brook kicks back her head to let out an unearthly shout. She turns and tries to run, tripping over an empty bottle and landing face first in the sand.

Gorvenalus frowns "Maybe we should talk, fighting is not needed...wait...who is this ferret anyhow?" He watches Brookshire as he adjusts his glasses "It may be unwise to do that miss..."

Xander stands there as he snorts "Brookshire....." Each poke gets him more mad till finally he swings the blade at the ferret and his eyes flash again "Gorvenalus may be best to move...." He says as calm as he can "This is the ferret who betrayed the defenders, she was helping the raven and Quade's friends!"

"I can explain!" Shouts the ferret. She ducks her head low, flattening her ears to keep them from getting lopped off. She begins to scoot away from the badger, "Wait! Stop! I can explain! I... uh..." She drums her claws against her chin, "Uh... give me a moment. I swear it's a good explanation once I come up with it..."   

Gorvenalus blinks "Quade's friends?" He then remembers hearing about Brookshire but he isn't the fighting type as he backs away,"How did she find you?" He looks concerned as its clear there is a fight now that’s going to happen "Oh....dear..."

Xander grips his blade and glares at the ferret "I am listening....talk quickly....as I rather KILL YOU!"

LilyMoore is also out for a walk. It's a lovely day for a walk if you bundle up some, which of course the young maiden did. She's trying to obey her parents and great-grandmother, even though they're far away in Mossflower. She has inadvertently followed the path her traveling companions took, and when she hears their shouts, she grasps the knife her mother made her bring and runs to where they are. As she comes upon the chaotic scene upon the sands, she stops dead in her tracks, frozen with the fear that memories of Quade bring. Even though the ferret wasn't ever one of the ones who tortured the young mouse, she still knows that she worked for the evil squirrel, and that is enough to trigger terror. "Xa.....Xander....."   

The ferret curls herself into a frightened ball. Paws cupped together over her head, Brookshire pleads, "I'm sorry! I'm so sorry and not just because I got caught. I anguished over betraying you guys to that scary bird lady... well, not enough to keep myself from spending my reward but, you know how it is."

The fleshy ferret looks up, eyes wide and tearful. "Please have mercy! I'm a changed beast! I swear!"   

She glances at the bag of loot behind her and slowly pushes it out of sight with her leg.   

Gorvenalus steps close to Lilymoore "Don't go near them right now child." He sounds concerned, he knows this fight could get rather bad if it goes on.

Xander lets out a snarl, he sees no one but the ferret, the ferret who betrayed him, the ferret who betrayed the defenders, the ferret who cause of it he also most died.."Mercy?" He edges closer with his blade griped in his paw till his knuckles are white. “What’s behind you Brookshire?!" Yeah it could be dangerous near the badger right now.

LilyMoore bites her lip, then summons her courage and steps forward, completely ignoring the advice of her beaver friend.  "Xander!"  She shouts with as much authority she can muster.  "I know she is a traitor, and we have every right to kill her now, but she is unarmed.  Please, think of what your family would say."  Turning to the ferret, she draws her knife and points it at the vermin.  "I suggest you answer politely and honestly, or I'll take your hide home with me.  My mother has been aching to turn you into a rug for /months/."  She's hoping they'll listen to her.  And she isn't very close to them; if the badger swung his blade around, it would still miss her.  She's not stupid.

"I-it's nothing!" She stammers. Then, as fast as lightning, the ferret grabs the bag of gold, holding it closely to her chest like a mother would to protect their dibbun. "It's my gold and you can't have it! I worked hard for it, ok? I snuck onto a pirate ship to steal it! Yes! Mine!"

She stands up, pointing an accusitory paw at the badger, "How are you even here? I jumped ship on a life boat, at sea! By an island! How are you even here?" Tears begin to fill her eyes, "It's not fair! I finally pulled off the job of the century and now I’m going to die, from the defenders! It's not fair!"

Gorvenalus reaches out to the mouse maid and looks at Xander and then the ferret, he is unsure what to do, but speaks quietly" Maybe she can be taken to the village." Then again they don't have a jail cell in that place. "No one has to die....or fight, even get hurt...right?" He hopes no one is hurt anyways.

Xander twitches as he so wants to just stab the ferret, he seems to hear Lilymoore somewhat as he snorts and angles his blade. “Run....Run and never let me see your face again cause if I do...." He lets the ferret decide what he means. He is also very much controlling not losing it right now, his eyes are a faint pinkish color but he can't control it too much longer or...well the ferret basically doesn’t want to find out.

The ferret gulps, clutching her bag of ill-gotten gains even tighter she lets out a relieved laugh. She thought she was going to be gutted for sure!   

"Y-yes! Thank you! Run! Run I shall! Away!" She takes a step backward, pauses then says, "Um, it's a bit of an island. We might run into each other again... you know... m-maybe you could point me in the right direction and..." She pauses again, "You know what, I think I can find it on my own." She laughs nervously while backing away, she takes one step for the forest, then pauses yet again. Head low, she glances back at the badger, "For what it is worth, I am sorry."   

And with that, she scampers off into the woods!   

LilyMoore narrows her eyes, then nods. "Aye, run and never come back! And leave your treasure here, thief; it'll be good repayment for your perfidy." She takes another step forward. "Well, if she listens, Gorvenalus, nobeast will get hurt."

Gorvenalus frowns as he isn’t sure, as the ferret rushes off he glances at Xander, "Xander?”

Xander lowers his sword "I...am gonna take a walk" He walks off, still holding the blade at his side but not the same direction as the ferret at least.

LilyMoore scowls after the retreating ferret and, after sheathing her knife, crosses her arms. "She better not come back, the traitor."   

Gorvenalus sighs as he sits down where he is and looks at the stream that’s beside them, it's been a stressful past couple days.

LilyMoore glances at the beaver, still angry and afraid. "Hey, you okay? Nobody got hurt." She sits down beside him and sighs. "I wonder how she got here, anyway."

Gorvenalus answers "I am...I will be fine Lilymoore just a lot of stuff to figure out, and I am glad there was not a fight and hope there isn’t one later. I dislike fights..." He looks at the brook as he gets a smooth pebble "How was I to know others lived....all this time, did they really miss me? Are they anger? What did they go through...without me to....an abbot is supposed to...."He closes his eyes, "And I failed them..."

LilyMoore listens, then goes to rest a paw on his arm, her face showing nothing but compassion.  "How on Earth did you fail them, Gorvenalus?  You're not a Warrior, and even if you were, Quade and his forces were too strong for you to have been able to escape.  Like you said, how were you supposed to know that there were survivors?  You couldn't've known, so don't punish yourself for things that are not your fault."  She looks out towards the sea, a troubled and thoughtful look on her face as she debates about sharing something with the beaver.

Gorvenalus says, "Me and Minsc were...led away after he made us watch the abbey burn. I did not see any beast else....maybe that’s good in a way cause Quade did not either. I could have been with them but I wanted to make sure others got out and....and I caused my oldest friend, Brother Tobes...to die in front of me, he was the abbey cook."

LilyMoore's brow furrows. "How did you make him die? Surely it wasn't truly your fault." She decides to wait to tell him the thing; right now he needs to be the one talking. She can wait, and listen for now.       
Gorvenalus speaks "I didn't run when he said to and got us both...caught. Quade slit his throat in front of me, said I was a failure and let them all die and they were without a leader for whom knows how long...yes there is Trifacus but..he most likely wasn’t ready and the seals, the sea lions...a clan of beasts who also was attacked, they just got luckier or so I heard. I should of tried harder to get away, Minsc tried a couple times and failed. I watched Quade destroy a couple other settlements and could do nothing. I should have seen his...his evil ways!" And now he is yelling as he throws the pebble and tears fall “Evil is all he was! I thought he was a friend...a friend! He poisoned my elders! He killed my beasts...he had planned to poison me! I HATE HIM...I…Hate....."He frowns and drops down, a word he never wanted to use slipped from his mouth and now he lets out a couple sobs.

LilyMoore just listens, pain and sorrow and compassion all clearly shown on her face.  After he sits back down again, she goes to wrap her arms around him and hold him.  "Gorvenalus, you /could not/ do anything.  You were helpless, but you were still brave, especially when you got the chance to help me and took it.  And don't punish yourself for hating Quade, either; feelings are neither good nor bad, they're just feelings.  He hurt you....hurt us very deeply, and that will take a very long time to heal.  It's okay.....you're okay....." and she lets him cry or do whatever he needs to do.

The beaver may or may not be listening, he is lost in uncontroeld sobs right now, the past 8 seasons maybe getting to him all this time.

Last edited by oz (2018-02-01 04:13:34 PM)

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

Board footer