Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-01-25 01:59:23 PM

oz

Redwall Log:Old Memories

Redwall Log
Oz-Papa Oz and dibbun caretaker of Redwall
Zinnia-Sister in the Order, and also know as Lady Zinnia over seas and mate to Takeo
Rascal-A fox
Taeko-Zinnia's mate
spoofed badger twins

RW Abbey: Great Hall
------------------------------------------
The Great Hall of Redwall Abbey. Countless paw falls have echoed from these stones, and untold numbers of feasts and merry gatherings have been held here.  A table, not nearly so grand or large as its predecessors, but quite functional for mealtimes, rests near the center of the hall. Chairs exist here aplenty, and they are all of a matching set. High above, the stain glass windows give the Great Hall a beautiful appearance.  The glasswork is exceptionally done, crafted by a skilled artist.  The floor is clean and swept. A fire is kept burning in the fireplace at almost all times of the day and night, and there are several more comfortable chairs and cushions set up here, of varying sizes. One looks large enough to easily accommodate a badger.
The Tapestry hangs proud and tall, and while the rest of Redwall may still bear the scars of natural disaster, this most famous of Redwall's relics remains unharmed by beast, time, or the elements. The figure of Martin the Warrior seems to be watching over his own with an unchanging, kindly gaze.
---------------------------------------------

Zinnia arrives in the room quietly, caring one of her dibbuns, the little girl, the boy is most likely with Takeo.   

Oz is in his chair when he hears her enter “Greetings, how are you doing today?"   

Zinnia smiles "I am doing ok, guess still getting use to dibbuns" She looks down at the little badger cub in her arms.   

And then there were foxes. Rascal is looking considerably better, given the half-starved half mad state he was after dragging his sorry hide back into the abbey. His fur, while still a bit scruffy and unkempt is glossy and shiny. His clothes are neat and clean if a bit tight against the belly growing around his waist. All that wine and rich food had to go somewhere, and that somewhere being his hips and stomach and just a little bit to his chin as well.   

With his winter coat set in Rascal looks like a giant fluff ball barely contained by his coat. regardless he bounds into the Great Hall like he owns the place, carrying a glass of red wine with him. "Good Morning beasts of the abbey." Says the fox as he plops down into a chair, legs kicked up onto the table.   

Oz listens to the voice, "Rascal, is that...you?" He has not heard the voice in a while so he is unsure.   

Zinnia blinks and frowns, the infant badger whimpers in her arms to which she rocks it some "Shh..Northstar...and yes it's Rascal"   

"Of course it's me. Do you know of anyone else as devilishly handsome as me to come bounding in here?" The fox quips before taking a swig of wine, "You can say Devilishly in an Abby right? The famed warrior of Martin isn't going to leap off the tapestry and lop off my head for saying that, right?"   

Oz shakes his head "Do behave please, it’s been a while since you been here or least since you spent any time here"   

Zinnia sits down Hello Rascal, it has been a while then I was sort of away for a long while...I got back here a few days ago"   

The fox tilts his head to one side, "Really? You left?" Scratching his chin Rascal ponders aloud, "I did notice a certain lack of yelling and cursing of my name...no matter. I probably missed your absence because I locked myself in room. Which brings me to my wonderful announcement!" The fox stands up, a smug grin on his face as he declares, "I have decided to never leave the abbey again! Literally. It's much safer here, inside the building, away from the...the outdoors where shrews, rabid badgers (no offense) and eagles exist to just...swoop down and carry you off for their dinner. So I'm going to spend the rest of my life...here...inside...under a desk in the upper office rooms just to be safe." Rascal takes a swig of his wine.   

Oz frowns as he listens, "And what may I ask did you do to a random badger to make them attack you?" He sighs and leans back in his chair "Outdoors in winter is not always best anyways"   

Zinnia calms her dibbun down when it cries a little again and nods "I was looking for Xander and ended up lost, like really lost somewhere south and west of here..I was found by a beast who became my mate, he saved my life and then when I got a letter from Uncle Zee I came here to visit...though not in time to speak to him but its..ok I still have my son and Uncle Oz"   

The fox sits back down, listening in to a conversation he probably should keep his nose out of. It's why he is listening in... "I wondered where you went off too. It sounds like things worked out for the best. Is your mate here with you?"

Zinnia nods "He may be helping in the infirm, he is a healer, he is also very protective of me, we are most likely only here for winter"   

Oz nods, “You can stay longer if you would like but that is up to you Zinnia"

Rascal nods, then sips more wine. "A badger healer?" Rascal gets a chuckle out of this. Then, shaking his head he says, "It was a pleasure as always, but I must be off. Busy schedule to keep, living under an office desk wot. Oz, Zinnia...badger child. It was good to see you both again." He nods as he begins moving for the stairs.   

Zinnia waves and looks back to Oz "Rascal is odd it seems, why live under a desk?" The badger infant starts crying again and Zinnia frowns.   

Oz tilts his head "Did you need help Zinnia? I could take the infant for a while if that’s needed" He smiles "I am use to dibbuns of all ages"   

Zinnia chuckles "I know Uncle Oz" She does stand and walks over to let him hold the infant badger" She is small for her age, but she was born early but Brother Leon has told me they are both healthy"   

Oz carefully takes the infant and smiles" It’s been a long while since I held a badger this young, before a few days ago it was many seasons ago...yes there was badger dibbuns, you but you were 3 seasons and Xander, but...well he was about the same age wasn't he?"   

Zinnia nods "Yes he was around 4 seasons when I brought him here and now he is in his teen seasons...and soon grown up, maybe a little too fast"   

Oz rocks the infant in his arms as he speaks "Well perhaps, but your twins, let them take their time to grow up" He smiles as he senses the badger asleep and speaks again to Zinnia" I am glad your back dear, you were missed and without Uncle Zee here anymore, it’s sort of lonely....I am" He frowns "I am the last of the Winters Clan...by blood anyways, and you have a new home now elsewhere far from here, you will head off with your mate and the twins"

Zinnia says, "I am here till spring I think, far as I know. we may ask Xander to go but maybe its best he stays here"

**** Here and to the end this music fits nicely     https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bH4vYJk2FdE   ****

Oz says, "It is best to let him decide" He holds the little badger close and sighs, seeming to be thinking of something as he grows quiet.   

Zinnia watches him, "You ok Uncle Oz, you’re  sort of quiet suddenly"

Oz nods slowly, yet a single tear goes down his face, "Just thinking of the past, before I came to live here."   

Zinnia frowns at the tear, "I can take her elsewhere, I am sorry Uncle Oz and can even, well change names if needed for the babies"   

Oz shakes his head "No, its fine keep the names Northstar and Zork as it honors them" He makes sure the young badger is comfortable " Yes it reminds me of when I held my son so many many seasons ago as I mentioned it’s been long seasons since held a badger this young, last time was my own child. I even helped Northstar when she was giving birth, it was afterwards my adopted father had come to check on us, which was good at the time for Northstar was fairly weak, and had a fever. I was so worried I would lose her then, but after a week she was recovered and all was perfect in life"

Zinnia smiles "So what was Northstar like, you rarely spoke of her"   

Oz smiles "The prettiest badger maid I ever seen...she was a great cook, friend and when I asked her to be my mate she said yes. She also knew how to truly cheer up a beast, and her singing...beautiful." He smiles at the memory, " And we had Cole, our newborn son, all was perfect..great...best days of my life..."He frowns" But one month later it was...they were gone. An avalanche took them from me and at the time I wanted to join them...."   

Zinnia carefully hugs Oz, she tries to not wake the infant he holds in his lap." You still have family, family isn’t just by blood...or even adoption into one, but friends are family also and you have those here at the abbey also and always will. And you have me and Xander..you have my twins Zork and Northstar, even have Takeo and I adopted that beaver dibbun Tanya"   

Oz smiles and gently hugs her back "I know, and I am glad. It helps me not be lonely...friends here helped me when I was a hermit also..maybe I still slightly dislike large crowds but its more manageable with the dibbuns and close friends" He smiles " And family"   

Zinnia kisses his cheek and smiles "Love you Uncle Oz....you want to watch over Northstar and Zork..Takeo wanted to check on the boat and they are still so young and small to go too far"   

Oz smiles "Of course dear and I assure you they will not be any trouble, and when you go out do be careful please"   

Zinnia nods, she smiles as she sees Takeo and goes to speak to him, she lets him take the other infant to Oz as the two head off to check the boat “I will be back by tomorrow. We will spend the night in Ferravale, then walk here after breakfast" She and Takeo then head off, along with the sea gull Aira following behind them.

Oz takes both twins and smiles, as Zinnia and Takeo leaves he clears his throat ”So….a story?” He smiles, he knows they are way too young to understand yet but he also knows it’s good to speak to infants, he even sings a soft song for infants   he knew a long long time ago that he sang to his own son, Cole.

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

Board footer