Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-01-25 01:07:15 PM

Karth Riverbark

This Shortcut was a Bad Idea-Willowbark TP Log

In Log:

Karth Riverbark-me-Archer for Mossflower Defenders

Flea Underwood-me- Scout in Mossflower Defenders

Xander Winters- Leader of Mossflower Defenders

Gorvenalus- Recorder of Redwall Abbey

Moonbeam- Messenger for Mossflower Defenders

spoofed-Chip and Yasmine

~~~LOG~~~~

Flea yawned, he was bored as nothing was going on today just guard a door.

Karth walked up and nodded “Ok you can step aside now, did he awaken by the way?”

Xander walks over and goes ahead inside as he steps over to Gorvenalus and checks on him.

Gorvenalus is awake, he sits up as Xander enters and has a weak smile “Hello…Xander, what happen as I am in some sort of infirm it seems” He looks around curious.

Moonbeam has been in here also having her wing checked on, it is healing and she hopes she can fly again soon “Hello my friends. I am ever so glad to see faces I know, this place is a little scary to me”

Flea just lets Karth pass and then walks in after them.

Karth nods a hello,” You fainted….we need some info…ummm” He decides to just let Xander ask, that would be best he decides.

Xander nods a thanks to Karth as he speaks to Gorvenalus “Yes you passed out and I am glad you’re ok, I was worried…what happen? And also we…sort of have a small issue…Minsc walked off with Chip and Yasmine to the ruins, and Minsc didn’t say a word on where to go, he just walked off and said he wasn’t waiting”

Gorvenalus frowns as he gets his glasses, cleans them and places them back on”Minsc left?”He sighs “He is too eager it seems….but if what is said is true, then.” He stands slowly and looks at Xander” Did he say anything else and how long ago?”

Karth speaks up “Something about a shortcut and how it wasn’t the best, it would cut off travel time but I know shortcuts are not always wise, at times yes…but I am feeling this is not the best course of action.”

Moonbeam looks between them and sighs “I wish I could be more help, I DO”

Xander says “Its fine Moonbeam, your wing is still healing.”He smiles “Your still be a great help, just rest ok?” He turns to Gorvenalus “If…what is true?”

Gorvenalus seems a little worried himself”Shortcut?...We should….”He grows quiet and then speaks “There may have been..a pawful of others that survived, I do not know.Come we should go”

Flea nods “Umm..what about Lilymoore, Krisha and Varsha, should I go get them?”

Karth stays where he is,”It seems it may be important to head to where Willowbark is as soon as possible, or least find Minsc, Chip and Yasmine”

Moonbeam yawns and settles down for a nap, sleep is good after all.

Xander nods and then paces as he thinks, he then says “Karth…stay with them please and Gorvenalus are you sure your able to travel somewhere?”

Gorvenalus nods “I am able to travel Xander, and we should go before dusk is upon us. I shall led the way.”

Karth bows and heads back to the Inn, he will let the others know what happen.

Flea smiles “An adventure finally, or well something besides docks and stuff.”

Xander smiles “Thanks Karth.” He then goes to follow Gorvenalus.

===About an hour later==

Yasmine was nervous, the shortcut was called Gale Pass and the wind showed this, also the path for a few feet was a very thin, edge along with back against the stone, pathway and  across a dropoff,one wrong placed pawstep and you fall hundreds of feet down into a hot spring pit, a very very hot spring pit. She gulped and barely managed to get across and smiled “Let’s not ever EVER do that again Chip!”

Chip seemed not too worried, it was fun to him, but of course the path was old, and crumbled in places and most likely just best to avoid.

Minsc slowly walked across it, “Son….this was not wise!” He was almost across when a large bit of stone crumbled and he gasped, he quickly reached out a paw and grabbed the edge, he dared not look down.”Help!!!”

Gorvenalus could walk a good pace for an older beast, he choose to not take the shortcut but he did know where it meet up with the longer path, and he did find a small area to cut off some of the longer trail, threw a small cave, he frowned as he came out to hear Minsc shout…luckily they were not too far from the three, in fact one could see Yasmine and Chip.

Flea muttered, “This is boring, no excitement…..ok sorry I asked!”

Xander pushes his way to the front and right away dashes forwards and goes to grab Minsc paw if he can. He hopes he can as he wishes to not lose a friend.

Chip screams “Dad!”

Minsc reaches up and almost slips, but barely manages to get ahold of Xander’s paw “Pull me up, pull me up!!”

Yasmine steps aside out of the way, she is glad they were followed, even if Chip didn’t want them to be.

Flea walks over quickly “All beasts ok?”

Gorvenalus quickens his pace over to them, he will hug Minsc when he is able to and sighs. He then looks towards where a large waterfall is and then to Yasmine and Chip.

Xander sighs in relieve and looks around, “Interesting view…so how close are we?”

Minsc hugs the beaver and nods to Xander “Thank you and…close” He seems unsure of going ahead, he stares at the waterfall.

Chip grins and rushes forwards “It’s behind the waterfall…the path is come on!”

Yasmine follows Chip, she knows he will help her behind the falls and down the short dirt path….

Flea blinks “It’s a waterfall, what is so exciting about a blooming waterfall?”

Gorvenalus walks forwards as if in a daze, he motions for the others to follow him as he slips behind a small place where a cave is, or a sort of opening to get behind the falls, he walks slowly down a small path, down a small grassy sloop and stops….he just stares.

The view is nice, it’s clear this place has had serious damage but also some repairs have been made and are being made. A large building is in tack, and shows signs of being rebuild as new and old stone is there. A couple small areas…a garden maybe and a small groove of maybe 3-4 trees. And in the small clearing a rat in robes seems to be arguing with a very, very old…in fact older then Gorvenalus old…” I can’t handle it Sister Elma…they are dead I know it, at this rate we will be down to 0 beasts before spring.”

Minsc finds himself beside Gorvenalus as he blinks “How?” He asks simplify.

Xander follows and looks around “I…thought this place was destroyed?”

Flea whoas..”Wow..This place is awesome!”

And then it’s one of those moments where everything goes in slow motion, everyone just stares and seems to freeze in place. No one seems to know just what to do…the shout also draws some other beasts…in fact around 10 others…maybe in fact all or least most of those who live here.

Gorvenalus feels tears come to his eyes “Home….”

Minsc smiles as he sees the beasts, those he knows….friends thought dead and it’s the happiest he has been in, well 8 seasons.

Xander just stands there quiet, he knows no one here expect those who came with him and he barely knows Yasmine and Chip.

Flea just waves “Hello all ya….ummm..hey there?”

==And lets just end it here, a sort of cliffhanger mahahhahahahha===

My spoofs:Atvi...and Alts=
Ewan Benjamin Delaney Tanner Mosswell Jahveri- LP Hare Fighter/Private and Residential Redwall Abbey Hare
Dearil-Archer/Fighter/Assassin in Blackrose

#2 2018-01-25 01:59:38 PM

oz

Re: This Shortcut was a Bad Idea-Willowbark TP Log

Elma is a beaver and the oldest beast in Willowbark

Also there is willow trees around!

Last edited by oz (2018-01-25 03:50:29 PM)

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

#3 2018-01-25 05:12:23 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

Board footer