Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-01-25 04:58:55 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

The Fall and Rise of Redwall (OOC RW log)

This is an alternate universe OOC RP.  No characters were actually harmed in this log.  Thank you for your understanding.

Song suggestions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pG7DLG3GdKI and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKnRdQiH3-k

LOG:
The warning bells still rang in the wind, even though those that rang them were long gone to defend the walls. The air is choked with smoke as the abbey catches fire. Wave after wave of vermin beasts, horde beasts with mercenary pirates, crash against the walls until their numbers overwhelm the defenders.
"BREACH!" The call sounds across the battle field as vermin hordes overcome the eastern wall.

DoraRose shoots a stone at the vermin below, then turns and gazes over at the breached wall and overcome defenders.  Wiping her sleeve across her forehead, the Champion of Redwall grabs a shield from a nearby fallen Camp Willow otter and holds it up to protect her upper body.  As arrows bounce off of her protection, she jumps over the corpses of her fallen comrades in arms, the mouse pulls the Sword of Martin from the paws of the slain Abbess and runs along the wall tops, calling out as she goes.  "REEEDWAAAAAALLLL!!  Never give up, never surrender!!  EULALLLIAAAAAA!!"  Reaching the vermin pouring over the wall, she swings at one and slams another with her shield.

Now that the vermin have a foot hold on the wall, they just seem to keep coming. For every beast the defenders slay, two more spring up to take their place. The horde beasts are variants of different vermin, but the pirates are all foxes.
Fargo the weasel and Liam the pine marten leap into action to combat the latest champion (promoted after the previous one took an arrow to the knee five seconds ago). The scrawny beasts fight the mouse with short swords and bucklers!
Behind them a group of foxes can be seen appearing on the battlements. A trio of vixens and a pair of tods....

DoraRose's left eye glitters in a manner remiscent of a frozen lake.  (Her right eye is covered in a black patch.)  Roaring, she slams into the weasel and pine marten, neatly chopping off their (presumably) grimy heads with one mighty swipe of the infamous Sword of Martin.  Ducking the swipe of a pike, the Warrior stabs the ermine wielding it and smashes a rat's head in with the edge of the shield.

"Alright, you know the plan. Spread out, focus on gold and jewels. No mercy to any beast that fights back but try to keep a few intact for slaves."
The fox in the center of the group doesn't look like a captain, but rather a quartermaster or possibly second mate. The tod is a hefty beast, brown furred and wearing a silk vest. He carries a large scimitar.
The pudgy fox turns his red eyes towards the last of the hordlings between them and the champion. "On second thought. Focus on the mouse killing all our beasts first." With a feral grin he gestures with his head to Dora. "Take her down."
The mouse soon finds herself surrounded by a trio of vixens. Xia and Rioko wield glaives, the plump arctic fox Elena wields a pair of short swords. And Vannon the grey fox stands behind them with a bow. "You got it boss!" The grey fox cackles, snapping off an arrow for Dora's head!

DoraRose gasps, ducks, and raises her shield, in which the arrow gets stuck.  Snarling, she eyes the vixens around her, then goes to kick Elena in the shins.  Whacking at the glaive with her shield, the Warrior tries to stick her Sword in Rioko's gut, then twirls on Xia, roaring wordlessly as the Bloodwrath rises in her eyes.

The white furred vixen lets out a loud yelp as she is kicked, but remains standing. The grey furred fox let's out a scream as her glaive is snapped in half. "NO!" She cries as the sword runs through her belly button, splitting her fleshy middle open. She doubles over, mouth open in a silent scream and eyes wide with fear.
Xia hisses, her own glaive moves to intercept, knocking the mouse's blade high. The pole arm twirls, seeking to knock the mouse in the chin with the butt of her weapon!

DoraRose dodges to one side and raises her shield, but too late; the butt of the glaive hits her shoulder and knocks her off her balance.  Stumbling backwards, the Champion feels the edge of the walkway beneath her left foot.  Barely managing to stay on her feet, she is well aware of the empty space below and behind her.  Struggling against the Bloodwrath within her, she takes a step forward and gestures the vixens to come closer.  "Come on, vermin.  Bet you can't face me without your long pointy sticks.  Cowards!"  Taking a fighting stance, she sees an opening to her right as she tosses her head, shaking beads of sweat from her face.  She is deeply regretting wearing black today.....

The vixens glance exchange glances over Rioko who continues to bleed out between them. Then the two rush at once! Xia Leaps! Trying to impale the mouse in the face while Elena stabs with both blades towards the rodent's belly!

DoraRose waits until the last moment, then darts to the right and goes to slam her shield into Xia!  Unfortunately, she also gets nicked by one of the arctic vixen's swords, but she yells and retaliates by trying to stab her in return!  They are on the edge, threatening to fall to the battle- and corpse-filled ground below.....

Elena lets out a scream as she too is stabbed in the middle. The wound is shallow enough to be survivable with the proper healer; stumbling backwards in panic and off the ramparts, however, decidedly less so.
As the artic fox splatters across the ground below, Xia kicks off the shield with her paw, preforming a graceful backflip and even slashing at the mouse before she lands.
The grey fox archer tries to flank the beast, and fire at Dora from behind. All the while Bandit directs more vermin to storm the walls.

Shooting the Champion from behind will be very difficult, seeing as how she's whipping around to face Xia again.  Half of her ear gets sliced off, and as she screams in pain, DoraRose swipes blindly in the vixen's general direction.  Lifting her shield, she feels the thunk of the arrow as it tries to turn the shield into a pincushion.

"Ha! Silly mouse! You think your fancy sword is a match for my glaive?" The swift fox ducks low, charging forward to impale the mouse, "I will go down in legend for killing a Redwall Champion!"
The grey fox takes a knee behind her, trying to get a shot on Dora when Bandit finally turns around, "What in the blazes? What did you let happen to Elena and Rioko!?"
"Blame the mouse, not me!"
"Blast it... do I have to do everything?" The quartermaster growls.

DoraRose neatly sidesteps the glaive and tries to slam her shield into the vixen's face while aiming to stab her in the gut.  Pulling back, she whirls around the vixen just as a huge female golden eagle swoops down, screaming terrifyingly.  She goes to grab the vixen and the archer fox, declaring, "Behold, Riana Thunderbolt, devourer of vermin souls!"  After grabbing whoever she can, she flies away and is soon lost in the clouds.  The battle in that area pauses for a few moments because that was frighteningly random.

Both vixen and tod scream bloody murder as they are picked up, one in each paw. Vannon wriggles in her grasp, falling free and catching himself on the battlements where he hangs precariously.
Xia lets out a panicked cry for help as she is taken off to be devoured. "Not agaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaain! Bandiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit!"
The heavy set pirate watches the swift fox disappear. "Well then." He turns back to the mouse, sword taunting the champion to come forward, "I guess I really do have to do this on my on after all..."

The Warrior raises her eyebrow.  "Not again?"  She then forgets about both vixen and eagle as the bandit taunts her with his sword.  "Aye, looks like you do," she replies with a dark and reckless smile.  She gets into a fighting stance.  "I'm DoraRose, by the way.  Champion of Redwall since the previous one was shot with a poisoned arrow in the knee.  May I know your name so I can tell my grandchildren about how I defeated yet another wanna-be conqueror?"

The fox's face splits into a feral grin, "Bandit. You can call me Bandit, or the fox who tanned your hide into a coat..." The fox steps forward at a slow march, but his blade moves with the speed of a viper, changing direction after each blow to attack from another angle.

DoraRose smiles grimly, watching the blade and trying to block each stroke with her shield.  She only barely manages a couple of times, being rewarded for her tiredness with more nicks in her thighs, but for the most part, she manages to not get any full-on cuts.  And she just takes it, trying to hold her ground as her enemy advances.  Hopefully he'll get cocky soon....

The fox's attack only increases however, each blow delivered with a savage grin. Suddenly, a knife appears in his free paw, and he begins attacking with both blades. The sword he thrashes against her defenses while trying to wriggle the knife past them, aiming for where her armor is weak...

DoraRose grunts, then whips the Sword of Martin up and out, trying to lop off the pirate's knife paw.  She tries to knee him in his, um, private parts, then stomps down towards his foot!

Sarnith peeks over the wall, goes "Nope." and goes back into the woods.

The warriors blade is met with the pirate's own, "Is that the best you got, /RODENT/? For a champion, I was expecting more of a-" His eyes widen as he doubles over in pain, stumbling backward from a blow below the belt. "That was... foul for a champion... You are supposed to be the good guy!" he whines, slightly higher pitch.

DoraRose goes to slam her shield into the fox's face and slice at his gut.  "Yeah, well, sometimes the 'good guys' have a wicked streak.  Especially since your followers murdered all of my family members except my son!"

The fox kicks his head back as the shield slams into his muzzle, stretching out his torso and practically inviting the creature to slice him open.
The blade easily cuts through bandit's engorged stomach, side to side. He gasps, staggering backward as his belly spills onto the ground. His blades clatter to the ground. His chest rises and falls with panic. Then with one final chuckle he falls forward, bleeding out onto the ramparts.
The grey fox clinging to the walls just whimpers...

DoraRose breathes deeply in and lets the breath out with a shudder.  Walking over to the edge of the wall, she smiles coldly down at Vannon.  "Having fun just....hanging around?" Bye, foxie....

~*END*~

Thanks for reading!

A credits song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qzw6A2WC5Qo (They're one of my favourite bands.  I have no shame about this...)

Last edited by BlisaMarshmellow (2018-01-25 04:59:20 PM)

Board footer