Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-01-23 12:47:31 PM

Karth Riverbark

What Else Can Go Wrong Today?-Willowbark TP Log

In Log:
Karth Riverbark-Me-Archer in Mossflower Defenders

Flea Underwood- Me- Scout in Mossflower Defenders

Xander Winters- Leader of Mossflower Defenders

Minsc- Warrior in Mossflower Defenders

Spoofs of various beasts-chip, yasmine, captain Greystone…and others

~~~LOG~~~~~

Flea stood near Karth and sighed “Bored…..can we please do something, go somewhere already?”

Karth rolled his eyes “Xander said where he was ready, he is with Brother Gorvenalus as he fainted and is with a healer.”

“Who fainted?” Came a voice, it’s then shown to be Minsc, and he sounds worried.

Chip is here as well as he speaks “Brother?...Isn’t he Abbot?”

Yasmine stayed close to Chip and Minsc and frowns “We shouldn’t be walking with some many beasts here…well I shouldn’t”

Xander stepped out and sighed” Cause he is Brother Gorvenalus to beast at Redwall, he became our Recorder and he will be fine, he just needs some rest and it be best to let him alone for a day, ok and thank you Karth, I may need you to help with something else on the ship.”

Karth bows to Xander ”And what would that be sir?”

About that time a very moody, and clearly grumpy Captain Greystone comes down the street as they are not too far from the docks. With him is a rat who walks up to Xander but is pushed aside by Greystone” You said ya would be fixing me problem so how ya expects ta do it woodlander, it best be to me liking or I don’t care ya don’t get a ride back to your..Whatever woods.”

Minsc looks very willing to stab the vermin, but he keeps his temper in tack, least for now.

Chip blinks but stays quiet.

Yasmine finds a place to sit down and keeps a tight grip on her walking staff, a little worried but does a fair job of staying clam as it is a little hard to be calm when one can’t see and in a noisy place with a lot of different smells in the air doesn’t help.

Xander folds his arms over his chest as he remains calm and speaks “I can help you if you calm down, my friend passed out and I needed to tend to him first and I also need to make sure my other friends are ok, including the two whom you called stowaways and said were also in my care. Now I can tend to your issue sir” He stays calm but his voice also has a seriousness tone in it to show he isn’t one to anger either but he will also do his best to respect the captain of the ship.

Greystone gets in his face “My cook is ill, too much ale it seems or bad ale…either way ya said ya fix my problem of a decent meal, not had one in like 5 days….not a good one that is.”

Karth clears his throat” Excuse me for interrupting but it may be wise to….be a little less rude to my leader…please and how is he to help…healer? Get you a new cook…what sir?”

Minsc decides to go see about entering the small infirm, even though he was told to wait.

Chip watches him “Didn’t the badger say to wait till tomorrow…we could go ahead and do what we were gonna do before you learned Gorvenalus was on there”

Greystone speaks again, but avoids speaking to the hamster, “Good…so please do so as I am very curious of how your solving it? Slopnose will likely be better but not till tomorrow…I aint  waitin’ till tomorrow!”

Flea looks between all the beasts and just frowns, “Why did I not stay in Mossflower..a vacation I SAYS yeah so fun…not”

Xander simply walks to and onto the ship and to the kitchens, he looks around and goes to start making something.

Flea stays by the infirm while Karth follows the badger. Someone should stay behind after all in case Gorvenalus wakes up and wants to know what is going on.

Minsc sighs and follows as well, but taps Karth on the shoulder I am gonna be going to ruins…or whatever, is ruins still?” He looks at Yasmine and Chip and back to Karth ”Be telling Xander..ok?” He starts to walk away.

Chip frowns “It’s like a little over an hour walk, well least the way me and Yasmine would go as it’s a shortcut, normally it’s like 2 hours.”

Yasmine nods “Not that it’s the best shortcut”

Karth follows Xander and watches curious, he then blinks at Minsc and frowns “There should be no going anywhere right now, can you not wait on our leader?”

Greystone walks into the kitchens and sniffs the air, he raises an eyebrow as he stays just inside the kitchen.

Xander has hidden talents or so it seems, some know of them. He is cooking wood Pidgeon and talking to a couple of the rats helping to cook, “Ok..wait less salt, thanks and a little garlic…some pepper yes that’s good. Ok you..what was it Onetooth? Yeah little butter on the wild greens and mushrooms and maybe a little mushroom sauce on the woodpigeon too.” It’s like an hour later it’s done, he even figured out a good ale to go with it and sits it before the sea captain as he sits across from him.

Minsc snorts “You’re not the boss, so be giving the note” And he simply walks off, with Chip and Yasmine in tow, well….this is either good or bad.

Karth frowns as Minsc walks off, and looks back to Xander, he can’t help it it comes out before he stops it “You know how to cook…..vermin foods sir?”

Greystone looks uncertain and then will make the badger take a bite first, you know in case its poison….he then takes a small bite of the wood Pidgeon and his eyes light up as he takes a bigger bite “Where did ya learn this skill! It melts in the mouth like some fine rare….I have not had this good a meal in a long while!” He dos plan to keep Slopnose around yes, but maybe he can talk Xander into cooking at least once before he takes the group home later as he grins and samples the rest “A woodlander with this skill is rare indeed!”

Xander does eat some of the wood Pidgeon and nods as he smiles “It’s…a long story.” He decides to tell it since Karth is curious as well” I was taken captive by a wildcat, I was his slave for 4 seasons and I sort of learned to cook wood Pidgeon, even found I liked it, not that I eat it…I rarely do. But I would cook it a lot for my master, he was later killed when he passed close to where I lived…he was taking me North and well….he failed.”

Karth hmmms softly” Well…..that’s interesting sir, oh and Minsc left with Yasmine and Chip, I think they were heading to where ever Willowbark is or was maybe, I am sorry I was unable to stop them from walking off sir…”

Xander frowns at Karth “They went where! But..But I don’t…know how to….” He sighs, he has no clue where Willowbark is, can the day get any worse…..

Karth looks at the floor, he dislikes disappointing any beast and it seems he has today, but there is a ray of hope “We can ask Gorvenalus when he wakes up sir, he would know”

Xander takes a deep breath and exhales “Yes….yes he would, we can do that…” He stands and nods to the captain as he excuses himself “Come Karth….let’s check on Gorvenalus…but he likely won’t be too happy with the news.”

Karth bows to the sea captain and then heads off with Xander to speak to Gorvenalus, here’s hoping the day doesn’t get any worse….one can only hope right?

My spoofs:Atvi...and Alts=
Ewan Benjamin Delaney Tanner Mosswell Jahveri- LP Hare Fighter/Private and Residential Redwall Abbey Hare
Dearil-Archer/Fighter/Assassin in Blackrose

Board footer