Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-01-09 10:12:27 AM

oz

After The Storm- Willowbark Log

in log:
Gorvenalus- Recorder of Redwall Abbey
Karth- archer for Mossflower Defenders
Flea- Scout in Mossflower Defenders
Varsha- warrior... Wants be healer for Mossflower Defenders
Minsc- Warrior in Mossflower Defenders
Xander - Leader of Mossflower Defenders
Spoofed- Yasmine, Chip, Sid, Greystone and various crew.

Log

Gorvenalus watched as waves came and went, calm ones unlike a couple weeks ago during a storm. They got lucky to not of sank and also not to of been blown too far off course of their trip. He frowned as it was the next day they got 3 new guests.

****Flashback starts ******

The waves were much calmer now as the beaver checked on Karth and then went to the deck

Xander was already leaning slightly on the railing thinking on the day before as he frowned " I dislike storms..." He said quietly.

Flea nods " Is fine sir we all have our...what say? Bad days? " He then spots the beaver " How is me friend KArth?"

" He will recover he just needs rest. He is lucky to be alive after what he did"

Unseen, least for now, a log boat of sorts on it's side and 2 squirrels and a hamster in it. The older squirrel barely awake sees the ship and draws out a blow pipe firing off a single dart...it hits the railing and the squirrel smiles before his eyes shut.

Xander gasps as it barely missed his paw and at first went for his blade, then seen the small boat and called attention to the crew " There are beasts out there that need help!"

The ship's crew go to get the 3 beasts onto the ship, then comes Greystone who snorts " I don't allow stowaways on me ship woodkandet" Yeah he has had a bad night.

Gorvenalus walks over to check on the beasts, but also is alert

Flea frowns " They be needing help"

Varsha was watching and then walks over " May I help some...please I want to learn healing "

Xander stares at the ship's captain " I suppose I can get a message to Marek that we saw 3 beasts needing aid but Greystone said oh let them die." He waits on a reply.

That seems to make Greystone rethink his words " Fine.. But they be your looking after not mine" Then he headed to his quarters and slammed the door.

*****End Flashback****

The older squirrel named Sid died, the younger one was his daughter, her name was Yasmine and then the hamster who seemed to refuse to give a name. For 2 weeks they slowly recovered, mourned the lost of a friend and got use to the crew and beasts of Mossflower.

Gorvenalus stepped away and went to sit down to write a recorder log.

Karth stepped into view, he had mostly recovered " Land I'd close I think, maybe a day or two"

Gorvenalus nosed quietly " That is good news."

The young hamster ventured out, he was almost of adult age. At 8 seasons. His left eye had a patch over it, his left paw and ear also gone, and some missing fur on his forehead as he spoke finally " HEllo...sir"

Yasmine walked slowly behind him, a staff in her paw .

Gorvenalus noded and offered a smile " Greetings young one...you and your friend Yasmine doing OK?"

Karth just stayed silent, he would let the guests speak.

Minsc had just woken up as he rubed sleep from his eyes,he studied the squirrel and hamster but stays quiet.

" We...are fine....Yasmine just needs....space, she is blind "

" I am not helpless Chip"

Gorvenalus listened " Well a name we seem to finally have....." He seems to stop as he looks at the hamster and Squirrel more closely for the first time...and clears his throat
" How old are you?" Odd question but he seems to have a reason or does he?

" 8 seasons....And Yasmine is like 14 seasons" Chip shares.

A thud is heard, when all turn they shall see a passed out Minsc on the ship floor.

Gorvenalus starts to say something but then checks Minsc and excuses himself as he carries the passed out hamster to the small infirm.

What happen? Will they say land ho in a day or two? Who are these beasts they saved?...more to come in later logs...

Last edited by oz (2018-01-10 08:25:38 AM)

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

Board footer