Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-12-20 12:56:48 PM

Karth Riverbark

A Sudden Storm Appeared--Willowbark Log

~~Its short, but logs don’t have to be long to be good so enjoy ~ ~

In Log:
Karth Riverbark-(Me)Archer of Mossflower Defenders

Flea Underwood-(Me) Scout in Mossflower Defenders

Xander Winters-Leader of Mossflower Defenders

Krisha Winters-Mate to Xander

Varsha-Warrior in Mossflower Defenders

Gorvenalus-Recorder of Redwall Abbey

Moonbeam-Bat Friend

Spoofed various beasts and Greystone the captain

~ ~ ~ ~LOG ~ ~ ~ ~~

The sea was always unpredictable at times, it was like that as it was the sea and sometimes it was restless and when it’s just about winter, well it’s for sure gonna make sure beasts know it. A cold wind blew hard and rain with little balls of ice fell. The ship rocked back and forth and to make matters worse………..it was in the middle of the night, so it was pitch..black..dark!

Varsha sat up straight in bed and frowned and at the odd thunderclap, wait thunderclap in wintertime? She raced to another room and started beating on the door “Wake up!!!!”

Xander opens his eyes and blinks a couple times before getting up slowly and opens the door, “W..Wot?” Yeah he is half asleep.

Krisha is still fully asleep, least for now.

As if to make sure all knows it’s here the ship makes a sudden jerk sideways as waves get worse, as does the cold, icy rain outside. The captain has been knocked out cold by a mast that broke and so Karth has taken over as he calls out orders “Ok try and get the other sail to work! Get anyone who doesn’t need on deck below deck and yes I know what I am doing!” Does he? Well he has watched others sail, he never has though but he is doing fairly well so far as he holds onto the wheel, he does  his best to keep beasts calm ”Get Greystone a healer and some others just make sure not to much water gets on the ship!”

Varsha frowns “We are gonna die! We are gonna sink! If the Snow Badger is bringing winter he must hate us…I wasn’t bad I swear…I didn’t mean to sneak coffee, I didn’t mean to use someone else’s toothbrush…I wanna go home!!!”

Xander is now fully awake and sadly for Varsha locked in fear mode as all he is having is flashback of when he was barely 2 seasons old, in a storm…most likely worse than this, but in that storm he lost both birth parents and barely survived himself, he made it to shore and sea gulls almost ate him. He whimpers and sinks to the floor hugging his knees to his chest. Yep…he is of no help to any beast, sorry all.

Moonbeam frowns as she tried to fly and crashed into the one mast that’s still in tack, she stays curled up in the small area of the crows nest and shivers, her wing likely sprang badly.

Krisha wakes up and makes her way over to Xander and frowns, she glances at the cat and speaks “We..you…umm let’s try and calm down, ok. It’s a storm…things will be ok but panic won’t help us it will make it worse and…” She isn’t sure how to help Xander as she sits beside him and goes to hug him, hoping it helps.

Flea is not one to like storms either but he tries to be calm, he decides to help make sure water stays where it belongs, in the sea and not the boat.

Karth takes a couple deep breaths in and out as he focus on keeping the ship afloat and so far is doing fairly well as some winds calm a little, as does the cold icy rain. But it’s still a cold rain. The crew seem to trust him, to which he is glad of.

Gorvenalus has been making sure beats below deck stay calm and helping to tend to any injuries and luckily they are minor so far, they have been lucky.

Luck as also come in the fact the ship didn’t suffer anything too bad, a cracked mast and some torn sails, a couple lost barrels of pickled fish, no one will miss those most likely.

Varsha just frowns “Why is Xander all….afraid, badgers are not supposed to be afraid…” She sits down and wraps her tail around herself.

Xander has his eyes closed and tenses up at first when he feels the hug and then seems to calm some slowly as he mutters something about…mom and dad?

Krisha frowns “He..he not…doesn’t like storms, he lost his parents in one when he was a small dibbun and he almost died also.”

Moonbeam stays where she is till the wind calms some and will slowly try and get down, only to slip and fall halfway down, hopefully someone catches her.

A Stoat is there to catch her and take her to Gorvenalus, meanwhile Karth’s paws hurt now from holding the steering wheel  when so tightly and for the past almost an hour as the rains slowly turn into a misty, messy cold he coughs and looks ready to pass out. He waits till the winds calm a lot more and the waves calm to…well almost being still but still slightly choppy at times, but not enough to sink a ship. Flea gets to him just in time to see him let go of the wheel and pass out surrounded by crew beast and a weasel helping a slightly limping Greystone, helps the captain to the steering wheel as things seem to calm.

But they are off course, by how much remains to be seen and will have to wait till morning’s light in an hour or two. It will be learned it’s a week, and not only that they have to fix the sails and the mast while they are at it. A large group of rocks are found to anchor the ship for 2-3 days to fix the mast and the sails, well least they have the needed wood and cloth to do so, but looks like they won’t make it to Willowbark when they had hoped to. Good news is no one died, yes there was some injuries, but nothing major, and some scares, fears to overcome but all is alive

My spoofs:Atvi...and Alts=
Ewan Benjamin Delaney Tanner Mosswell Jahveri- LP Hare Fighter/Private and Residential Redwall Abbey Hare
Dearil-Archer/Fighter/Assassin in Blackrose

#2 2017-12-21 05:13:33 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

Re: A Sudden Storm Appeared--Willowbark Log

Ermigoodniss!

Lily stayed below deck the whole time.  She will now be freaking out about her worry that they'll never find their way home or to Willowbark! yikes

Board footer