Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-11-30 08:00:49 PM

Karth Riverbark

Tea vs Coffee, and other discussions-Willowbark Abbey Log-Part 2

Xander frowns at Rupert "You’re not helping." He crosses his arms and looks at Varsha and her silly dance “Whatever..tea is better, and what can you do with,...with coffee, there is a lot of things tea can do and lots of flavors, tea relaxes you, it’s...well its better and doesn’t look and tastes of mud in water"   

Rupert is on the other side of the ship, like FAR SIDE ...so hopefully when he gets back, things will be normal again or close to normal   

LilyMoore had followed them to the ship quietly, just listening to the conversations around her. Her parents had given her a little bit of money to buy some fun things with, so she got Angela a new journal for her herb book, DoraRose a box full of picks for her mandolin, Emyuil a very masculine bracelet, and Leon a new bag for herbs. Little does she know about the tragedy that has befallen her family back in Mossflower. The mouse maid is now counting out the money she has left, trying to figure out what she could get herself. Without looking up, she tells the cat, "Varsha, if you don't chill out a little bit, I'm gonna hafta do something. Stop being a jerk by insisting that everyone has to be like you." She shared a room with this cat for like 2 weeks; she's allowed to be grumpy. "Why can't you 2 be friends? I thought you guys liked each other." She sounds a little sad as she says this to both the cat and the badger.   

Gorvenalus starts to say something and then stays quiet, perhaps Lillymoore can help as it can't hurt after all and he does stay close.   

Varsha looks at the mouse maid "He called it mud water and...."She looks at the badger "Ever drink muddy water, how do you know and so what if each  has others flavors and coffee calms me, look I am like calm now" Not...   

Xander closes his eyes and opens them again “No...you’re a little...talking fast again and yeah I have tasted muddy water before." He looks ready to walk away, would that mean Varsha would win?   

Karth was below, he couldn’t sleep so he came back up to...."They are still agueing?"

LilyMoore growls a little deep in her throat. Stuffing her coins back into the pretty little bag her great-grandmother made for her to carry them in, the mouse puts it carefully in her bag, walks over to the cat, and, with surprising speed, tries to snatch the mug away. "If you drink one more sip of coffee today, I'm going to THROW YOU OVERBOARD!" She then goes to get the cat in a headlock; she is very strong, what with being the Abbey Bellringer. "Maybe it tastes like mud water to him! That's fine! It can taste like that to him! You're being a jerk by trying to make him be like you! And just 'cause someone is a jerk to you doesn't mean you can be mean to them in return, so there!" She's a tad upset still about her twin brother running away with the circus, and it's making her overreact just a tad in the current situation. Whoopsie daisy...   

Gorvenalus frowns as he reaches out "No...do not start a fight...."He frowns as he over hears some other words of how this just got more interesting and sighs, well he can’t say the trip is dull.   

Varsha eyes widen as the mug is now...."Cofffee! Give me it!" She hisses and she kicks and she puffs out like..well like some large ball of fur super over brushed   

Xander backs off and falls onto his bottom, ok this was unexpected as he frowns, and he was just stating a flavor..like muddy water, not really rudeness...or least tried to not be."Ummm...."   

Karth just watches "I see why the rabbit said coffee is evil, it has turned Varsha....ummm.....well...this"

LilyMoore pours the remainder of the coffee onto the deck. "NEVEEERRR. And if you don't apologize I'll sit on you...Ow! Hey, stop kicking me!" She tries to grab the cat's wrists, dropping the mug in the process as she struggles to knock the feline to the deck (prepatory to sitting on her, of course)!   

Gorvenalus frowns, he looks at the captain but decides against telling him to have no coffee on the ship, it’s his ship after all but how to make sure the cat has none is the question and he is unsure.   

Varsha makes a squeak hiss and glares at the mouse, her coffee is all over now, luckily the mug is not broke. She snorts and puffs out more “Whatever...he can drink leaf juice I care less! More coffee for me!" She will drink it where the mouse can’t see her.   

Xander controls the wanting to slap the cat, he dislikes tea being called that and most likely got that from his uncles. He looks over at the docks and sighs "Ok...Varsha...calm down, relax and no fighting both of you this will be a long boat ride once it starts"   

Karth just shakes his head" maybe she will wear herself out?"   

LilyMoore scowls and lets go of the cat, backing up so she's out of arm's reach and crossing her arms sullenly. "But...but she's....can we drug her so she's calm the whole way?" Because drugs are obviously the way to handle difficult situations. (NOT.) "I'm sorry. I'm just....upset," she adds, more contritely.

Varsha swipes out a claw at the mouse and stands smoothing out her fur and snorts, she goes to walk away and.......once her footpaw hits the coffee she seems to fly into the air and then lands on her back with a groan, coffee all over her fur as she mews and quickly rushes off to her it out of her fur before it stains it! Will she get it in time? We shall see.....   

Gorvenalus watches the cat rush off and sighs, "Well that was...different perhaps we should..I am not sure on how to make sure she gets none again"   

Xander frowns "I don’t know....we can't hide it it’s like something others drink on the ship"   

Karth shrugs and sits down" Odd problem to me....she is an odd one that feline"   

LilyMoore thinks for a minute. "Maybe tell the captain about it and ask him to hide all the spare mugs? Maybe he can hide the coffee, too. Somewhere where she won't be able to find it." The crowd that had been watching is starting to disperse now, obviously disappointed that there wasn't a brawl. "Yeah, I think she's crazy. She was probably hit upside the head one too many times."   

Gorvenalus offers a smile “I am sure we will figure it out and all get along...I hope...well it seems in a couple days we shall head off, it ,may be boring once we are at sea and I d hope all goes well"   

Xander listens and frowns a little but doesn’t say anything as he looks to the direction Varsha heads off in and just nods after a while.   

Karth yawns "We will, we will and hiding it and mugs is good. Maybe forbide her from leaving her room when needed"

LilyMoore smiles a little and goes over to sit by her bag again. Sighing, she hugs her bag close. "With Varsha around, I don't think any trip could be boring."   

Gorvenalus manages a chuckle "Well....we shall see and this time of the seasons the weather is....well usually not too bad, some cold but it is winter season now."   

Xander speaks in a quiet tone “Let’s not talk of weather on the trip. Just.....well something else is good, like maybe some old stories of Willowbark if that’s ok?"   

Karth say "If such talk is alright with Minsc and Gorvenalus my sir and I know a lot of ships so I could help the captain if needed but yes weather is usually worse in spring...maybe rare times close to it and summer sometimes"   

LilyMoore looks sad, but she tries to smile and says, "Yes, tale of Willowbark Abbey would be cool, if that’s okay with you, Gorvenalus. If not....well, then, I'm sure we can find /something/ to talk about....that has nothing to do with the weather." She glances at the badger, then scowls at the sea otter, trying to get him to not talk about storms or whatever.   

Gorvenalus smiles faintly "Its fine....memories are good, there was much good memories, not all are sad...."He looks to Xander "Are you ok Xander?"   

Xander just nods "I....I am gonna go check on the others, make sure everyone in the group is...ok" He seems fine but talk of weather and ships together does bother him somewhat.   

Karth blinks "What did I say? He seems....tried maybe?"   

LilyMoore shrugs. "I think it might be connected to storms and ships. You should ask him about him and Zinnia sometimes; it's not my place to say. I just think I heard that he doesn't like storms at sea, maybe. It's not your fault, Karth, I'm pretty sure." Her mother told her how Zinnia had saved Xander's life when they were on the ambassador's trip to Salamandastron, all those seasons ago. Shrugging, the maiden says, "But you'll have to ask him later. Maybe, for now, Gorvenalus can tell us about something fun that he remembers from Willowbark?"

Gorvenalus watches Xander, a little worried, he then nods to Lilymoore" Well...anything you would like to learn more of maybe?"   

Karth nods "I...may or I may not...and who is Zinnia?"   

"Xander's mother," Lily informs the sea otter. Turning to the beaver, she shrugs. "Heavens, I don't know. I'm so curious I don't even know where to begin! Why don't you tell us about....how you became Abbot there?" That should be safe, right?   

Gorvenalus smiles a little "I do remember. I was not or least didn’t feel ready. My grandmother told me to not worry and so I accepted the job, the abbot before me had gotten along in seasons so stepped aside and they choose me. I even helped a clan of seals and sea lions become our friends"   

Karth says I seen seals before, not close up though and they always seemed to dislike otters or the couple I seen did anyways"

LilyMoore listens to the adults before she asks, "Why wouldn't seals like otters? What are seals like, anyway? How did you get them to be your friends; are they usually not very friendly?"   

Gorvenalus smiles "They usually avoid others, seals are....well a type that keep to themselves, sea lions more so and they always live near water like the beach near Willowbark...a day and a half trip, there is also a small....village or..well I think it’s still there"   

Karth shrugs" No clue"

LilyMoore 'hmms' and shrugs. "I'm sure that the seal and sea lion colony will still be there; they would've been able to escape into the sea to get away from Quade." She shivers a little without meaning to. Quade really hurt her mentally; she can readily imagine what it must've been like for the others he had for a much longer time...   

Gorvenalus says, "I....am not certain. But we can talk more of them later I am gonna check on Minsc excuse me"   

Karth  waves as he looks to the mouse maid "Seals are odd, as are sea lions.....On another subject why has Xander never mentioned his mother, I do not remembering seeing any other badger maid but Krisha....or does she maybe live elsewhere?"   

LilyMoore looks at the deck underneath her as the sea otter asks his questions. "Because she's dead....she died. Quade had one of his minions kill her." She hugs her bag closer as talk of Quade brings back certain unpleasant memories that she'd rather avoid. She's almost definitely going to have nightmares tonight....   

Karth frowns, "I...am sorry I didn’t mean to....forgive me"

LilyMoore smiles a little and looks up at the otter. "Oh, you're okay. It's not your fault. It's all Quade's fault; we just have to now pick up the pieces and put everything back together again." She is smiling, but she also looks sad.

Karth nods "Yes and I am sure you will. I have not heard much of this beast...and may not ask either, it seems....wrong to." He arches an eyebrow as some beast, a short rat and maybe a crew beast whispers to him and he frowns "Alright....."

LilyMoore waves a paw. "No, it's okay to ask about Quade; maybe if we can talk calmly about the evils he did, they won't have such great power over us." She looks at the rat as he comes. "Should we get the rest of our companions and stuff and bring them here to the ship?"   

Karth nods "Yes sounds good, but first I check on Flea he seems....have eaten too many peppers and is now…..ill." He heads to check on his friend and then will help make sure all of the group is safe aboard the ship and then most likely go to bed early, been a long day.   

And Karth learned all of the group,  as well as their stuff, got to the ship safe and sound and they head off towards the open sea by Dec 2nd….

** Asked to add this…. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPnZhKRtZ_U
does it help the coffee vs tea?..maybe?  ***

My spoofs:Atvi...and Alts=
Ewan Benjamin Delaney Tanner Mosswell Jahveri- LP Hare Fighter/Private and Residential Redwall Abbey Hare
Dearil-Archer/Fighter/Assassin in Blackrose

#2 2017-11-30 08:21:50 PM

The_Brony_Marek

Re: Tea vs Coffee, and other discussions-Willowbark Abbey Log-Part 2

The youtube clip..that is Zee! "How could a memeber of my own family......" Uncle Iroh is basically Zee

#3 2017-12-02 01:41:41 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

Board footer