Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-12-01 12:49:03 PM

oz

Sharing Memories-Redwall Log

Log:

Oz-Papa Oz and Badger Mother of Redwall Abbey
Bandit-Former Head Guard of Ferravale
A spoofed dibbun

RW Abbey: Great Hall
The Great Hall of Redwall Abbey. Countless paw falls have echoed from these stones, and untold numbers of feasts and merry gatherings have been held here.  A table, not nearly so grand or large as its predecessors, but quite functional for mealtimes, rests near the center of the hall. Chairs exist here aplenty, and they are all of a matching set. High above, the stain glass windows give the Great Hall a beautiful appearance.  The glasswork is exceptionally done, crafted by a skilled artist.  The floor is clean and swept. A fire is kept burning in the fireplace at almost all times of the day and night, and there are several more comfortable chairs and cushions set up here, of varying sizes. One looks large enough to easily accommodate a badger.

The Tapestry hangs proud and tall, and while the rest of Redwall may still bear the scars of natural disaster, this most famous of Redwall's relics remains unharmed by beast, time, or the elements. The figure of Martin the Warrior seems to be watching over his own with an unchanging, kindly gaze.

Soft light is slowly beginning to filter in through the stained glass windows high above your head.

Oz was sitting in his chair, on his lap was a dibbun with a bandaged knee as it seems they found ice and skinned their knee and they were not too happy with Brother Raphael, who needs serious help getting dibbuns to like him, the squirrel frowns "I will...going upstairs" Which he quickly does as Oz just sighs. “Why....just wanted a half a day off"

"Like we ever have time for days off anymore." Comes a familiar voice.   

The fox enters from the cavern hole, smelling of pastries and morning breakfast. Bandit is wearing a simple tunic this morning, and still licking his chops clean of his meal. "Hello Oz, ye old rug! It's Bandit!" He says, for once grateful that the badger is blind and cannot see how much weight he's put on... or the scars that now appear across his hide...   

Oz knows the voice and just nods, the dibbun looks at the fox and frowns, he then speaks "Papa Oz...Why did the big fox eat all the apple cake?" Oz shrugs "Maybe he was hungry" " He should share.." The badger chuckles "Yes...he should of..anyways greetings Bandit, today has been rather slow, it’s not a good time for the abbey right now..we have lost a dear friend"   

The fox shamelessly shrugs to the question of why he ate all the apple pie. He's a glutton and there was pie. Enough said. Instead the fox says, "I know, it's why I'm here actually. Besides stealing all your pie. I came for his funeral and to visit my friends in their grief, especially now that I have the free time for it."   

Bandit laughs, "Believe it or not, I'm now retired, just like you Oz!" Says the beast who is still way too young to really be retired.   

Oz says, "I am far from retired Bandit, I am still the dibbun caretaker and plan to be seasons from now, the only thing that ends this job is my death which I don’t see coming for a long while. And I meet...Vojin think it was once, he mentioned being head guard now and seemed upset he could not find Brother Leon sooner. I am unsure when Brother Leon’s funeral is, in a week or near that is my guess"

"Yeah, that's kind of why I left the head guard. It's usually a job for life, and yet very short." The fox steps over to the table, dragging a chair closer to the badger before sitting down, "Leon's death aside, how is everything else here?"   

Oz says, "Things are otherwise fine my nephew and his mate are on a trip with a few others but a letter read to me says they made it to their port city safe." The dibbun in his lap has fallen asleep now as he talks quietly to the fox “No threats...just ice maybe as it’s at times hard to avoid"

"I used to find this abbey dull," the fox plops his tail into the chair, "These days, I've come to enjoy the lack of excitement. Sure, it's all fun and games being the big bad head guard, having beasts try to kid nap you all the time and stab you all the time..." He draws a sharp breath, "Try to /eat/ you all the time... Honestly, I think just the stress of worrying about when that would happen, you know, the next invasion, the next assassin coming at you, I think the worry is worse than anything that has ever happened to me."   

Oz raises an eyebrow at the eating you line, he will not ask "Well worry does cause stress, stress can be bad for one and worse for those not in the best health"   

"Would you believe that I got magically healthy since the last time you saw me?" Bandit barks with laughter. The laughter quietly dies away, "If the abbey needs any help while I'm here, I've available to lend a paw."   

Oz nods after some thinking "I am unsure in what though, perhaps normal chores...Angela and Brother Raphael is helping with healer duties and I am not sure whom will be the new Master Healer yet. For now the abbey mourns the loss of Brother Leon...I worry on how others will react when they return home and find out the news"   

The fox laughs again, "As long as it isn't paper work, I think I will be ok. I've seen more paperwork in the last year to fill a life time." He leans back in his chair, "How are YOU doing though?"   

Oz chuckles "Paperwork is something I don't worry on, if I want to have something written down I simply tell someone and they write what I say to write." He shrugs "I am fairly well...my knee dislikes winter but it usually does and I need my staff more in winter than other seasons as I said...ice is hard to avoid as its silent...not like it makes noise, if it does that’s not good"   

The fox grins but says, "I met with Leon. I didn't really know him that well, but I know how close abbey beasts are. Everyone here is practically family."   

Oz frowns "He will be missed and yes...all the abbey is seen as family. Brother Leon saved my life many seasons ago, when he was still a novice in fact"He smiles at the memory, " He tried to help with my sight but not all things are able to be healed, though he may of the blindness not come as fast, I DO not know. He was taken captive by the fox Stormfeather, as I was....seemed the fox wanted Abbot Lorimis and Leon pushed the abbot out of the way and got caught instead, which in a way....no it did...save my life, if it had not been for him being there those last couple weeks...I wouldn’t of come home. well alive anyways"   

"Yeah, little mouse patched up my hide after a couple of battles too." The fox rubs his shoulder, "Alright, that's enough of this mopey stuff. I have a long list of beasts to visit and cheer up." Bandit grunts as he stands. He stretches to pop his back. "You need anything before I go?"   

Oz shakes his head "I am fine, I have half a day off so may just nap in my chair for once as I don’t often get a nap." He then adds "I am not sure where Dorarose is if you’re looking for her. ..sorry"   

"She's on my list. But not the only one." The fox makes a less than graceful bow to the badger before turning to leave, "Take care oz. I don't think the abbey can lose any more beasts." He turns for the stairs.   

Oz waves bye to the fox and then decides on that nap, he most likely needs one.

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

Board footer