Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-11-30 05:13:19 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

Ferravale definitely knows about Leon's death :( (IC RP)

SCENE:  Ferravale Tavern.

CHARACTERS:  Martin O'Malley the male marten (who is now alliterated).  Nightbreath the male ermine.  Blisa the female cat; Ferdinand the male ferret; Clarissa the female rat.

LOG:
As the sun begins its lazy descent above Ferravale, activity in the tavern continues unabated. In a corner, a hooded figure--Nightbreath--lurks, hooded and cloaked, hunched over a glass of...water.

On the other side of the tavern is a pure white marten skillfully scratching out a tune on a old beat-up fiddle.

A petite female cat, white with black pathes on her face and jade green eyes, enters the tavern, followed immediately by a lean male ferret and a dangerous female rat who are both wearing Ferravale guard uniforms (with the addition of a white band around their upper arms). It's Blisa with Ferdinand and Clarissa. Spotting the ermine, the Chieftain heads over to him. "Have you heard about Leon?" She asks simply. Ferdinand smiles at the marten with the fiddle and nods to him in a friendly manner while he adjusts his sabre at his side. The rat sits beside the Seer, readjusting her bullwhip on her shoulder and making sure that all 13 of her throwing knives are still with her.

Nightbreath nods solemnly.  "Aye." He doesn't have any visible weapons other than his muscles and keen mind, but his dagger is concealed in his sleeve as a precaution against any incidents. He finishes his water and sets the empty glass down slowly. "To be honest, I was surprised."

The marten frowns confusedly at the beast he has never meet smiling at him and just gives a knowing nod.

Blisa looks askance at the Seer. "You were surprised?!" She asks in a shrill voice. "How in the world were YOU surprised about this?!" Ferdinand is just trying to be kind and friendly. But now he's looking at the ermine, eyebrow raised. "I even find that a little thocking." Clarissa scowls. "And here I thought that we had killed that stupid raven. But noooOOOooo, o' course we hadn't...."

Nightbreath shrugs. "I am not all-seeing. I only see some things hidden from other beasts. Not all. I would be quite mad if my head were filled with every last detail of the world."

The fiddling stops and all the beast in the tavern turn to look at their leader shouting at the seer, except, of course, for those beasts too drunk to even notice.

Blisa wasn't exactly shouting, but she was kinda loud.  Glaring at everyone, she waits until the activity of the tavern starts up again, then slumps into the seat next to the ermine.  "Well....yeah....phooey."  The Chieftain starts kicking the table leg.  "I'm sorry, Nightbreath.  I'm....yeah.  It was just so sudden.  I wish....I wish we could've done something to prevent it...."

Nightbreath nods slowly.  "I understand.  But some things there's no preventing...I know that all too well after all these seasons."

"Not the most well behaved is she?" Says a voice behind Ferdinand.

Ferdinand turns and stares at the beast who just said that. "You do realize that the'th the Chieftain, right?" Clarissa, who had heard this comment, looks up and adds, "Yeah, she is. Don't let her hear you say that, shipmate." Blisa, oblivious, rests her arms on the table and buries her face in them. "I know," comes her muffled reply to her Seer. "I just....I'm so sad for his family, and....he was my friend, too." She's not about to cry, she just has something in her eyes. OBVIOUSLY.

Nightbreath's eyes are clear of tears, but full of sorrow. He goes to rest a paw on Blisa's back. "I know," is all he says. Saying anything else at this point would be trite.

The white marten, who had made the early comment, raises an eyebrow at the sobbing chieftain and turn back to the ferret. "If she's the chief," say he in an amused tune, "Than that gives her less excuse for poor behaviour, now doesn't it?"

Blisa isn't sobbing.  She's actually managed to swallow her tears.  But she has yet to lift her head.  Ferdinand glares at the marten.  "I thuggetht you think about your next wordth VERY carefully.  You are being very rude.  You have no idea what hath been going on here."  Clarissa is also looking very sternly at the marten.  The Chieftain finally raises her head and looks at the marten.  "What's going on?"  She has recovered her composure pretty well.

"Pay it no mind," Nightbreath says mildly, although he catches Martin's gaze with a warning glare. "It's nothing of consequence."

"We were just have friendly chat about what qualities make a good leader, chieftain," Says the marten with only a faint smile, "that's all."

Blisa looks between the marten, her bodyguards, and the ermine, and decides that she may not want to know what they were talking about. "Well...okay, then. I must admit hat I'm not the best leader in the are, but I do try. Abbot Benar in Redwall seems to do a much better job." "Don't tear yerself down, Cap'n," Clarissa intercepts quickly. "You're doin' a fine job, 'specially seein' how young y'are. All you need is more experience." Ferdinand whispers to the marten, "Good cover, but do be more rethpectful next time, pleathe."

Nightbreath gazes at Martin a while longer, then turns away again, deciding not to waste any more time on the beast. He gets a refill of water and waits to see how the conversation plays out.

The marten smiles broadly. "I entirely forgot my manners," Says the marten. He bows deeply, "I am Martin O'Malley, minstrel and neophyte knight, at your service."

Blisa smiles at the marten.  "Charmed, I'm sure."  She then claps a paw to her forehead.  "Oh my goodness, I'm baking bread!  I've gotta go, I forgot it!  Please excuse me!"  And the  Chieftain, after standing and bowing to the minstrel, adds as she walks out the door, "Welcome to my city, Martin O'Malley!  I hope you're able to make some money.  Perhaps we can find a more permanent job for you soon!"  And then she's out the door, her bodyguards following her like shadows.

Nightbreath slips out as well, headed to his home for meditation.

"Thank you miss," Says O'Malley as the chieftain leaves. after she leaves, he quietly chuckles to himself, "She the strangest of etiquette, don't she?"

~*END*~

Blisa's having a moment.  (When is she not having a moment?)

Thanks for reading big_smile

Last edited by BlisaMarshmellow (2017-11-30 05:14:31 PM)

Board footer