Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-11-25 11:00:07 PM

oz

News Spreads Of Brother Leon's Death-Redwall Log

Redwall Log

In Log:
Oz-Badger Mother
Benar- Abbot of Redwall
Lacota-Frair of Redwall
Ace-Scout in Mossflower Defenders
Zolomon-Archer in Mossflower Defenders
Chestnut- Cook in Mossflower Defenders

**In Great Hall of Redwall Abbey **

Oz was trying to have a simple day when Brother Rafael come in muttering and it took Oz a while to get him to calm down and when he heard the news he frowned and sat down in his chair to think, dismissing the brother to go to the infirm.

Ace walks in as he goes towards the fireplace “Did I miss something?"

Chestnut is visiting, mainly the abbey has a spice he likes and he traded some extra of another they were low on and he had a great deal of, his ears droop a little "What is going on if I am not being rude to ask?"

Oz speaks "Our Master Healer is....is dead" He frowns as he speaks.

Ace blinks "Brother Leon? I....when, maybe it’s a mistake and you heard wrong, it’s possible I did know he was missing"   

Chestnut sits in a chair by the kitchens "This is...sad news for the abbey indeed, who did such a thing?"   

Oz says, "I only know what I heard, we can get more details later...no his...he was brought inside the abbey, he was dead. It’s believed the raven Eclipse did it and she is dead also so no longer a threat. It happen most likely last night or early this morning"

Ace says, "It is good the raven is no more but to lose a long time leader and a healer...is not good news"   

Chestnut says, "What about...ya know..his kids. How they gonna learn of this?"

Oz speaks " Let Dorarose and Angela tend to that please, no one else as its family. We can let others know who need to know. There will be a funeral planed as well, when I am not sure"   

Ace nods "But who will....be acting healer in charge if....ya know...."   

Chestnut says, "Maybe not something to bring up right now Ace, tis not polite"   

Oz clears his throat"Alright both of you please calm down, and most likely...Brother Rafael for now, Angela will help once she is able as she needs time with Dorarose and other close family in a time like this"   

Ace says, "I know Angela, she is good at what she does and would be a good choice if I may offer my vote if need be, I have seen her in the infirm...she does well, a little moody but who wouldn’t be at times in the infirm"

Chestnut says, "Aye she is nice and ya be moody too if you tell someone not ta walk on a sore footpaw and they do, or stay in bed and they don't"   

Oz says, "I Also advise we give Dorarose and Angela some space please, some time alone for now to grieve in peace"   

About then the hare Zolomon enters and frowns, he has overheard enough "Brother L is......is dead?" A tear goes down the hares face “Will Mrs. D and Ms. A be ok...will they?"   

Ace says, "they will be ok in time, no one is ever ok after the death of a loved one and this was a mate as Oz has said leave them alone for now"   

Chestnut nods "Agreed...does Abbot Benar know of this?"

Oz says, "I am sure the abbot knows by now " He then frowns he isn’t sure as Brother Rafael wasn’t able to speak to many and he is unsure if Benar was found "I think"   

Benar makes his way down the steps and frowns "Told of what Oz, I am sorry I was in my study and had fallen asleep but if its important it should be clear to wake me please"   

Ace says, "I......" He looks at the badger "You tell him..."   

Chestnut sighs "I am not sure who's place but I can give news...Brother Leon has..he is dead I am sorry good sir"   

Zolomon sits in a chair and wipes away tears, he can only nod

Oz frowns, "Yes...Brother Leon is....is dead, he was found. I am unsure by whom or where he was placed, my guess is the infirmary, Brother Rafael is up there I know, Angela is with Dorarose"   

Benar listens to each in turn and then slowly sits down in one of the closest chairs silently.

The hare Zolomon frowns " Wot...wot happens now?"   

Ace frowns as he walks forwards " I am sorry and details seem to not be totally known...yet"   

Chestnut says, "Well leaders know, that’s important...always important"   

Lacota walks briskly into the room, his paws clasped behind his back, his face expressionless, sandals making a patter against the worn stone floor. "Yes, we do. It is something of a shock..."   

Benar holds up a paw for silence, " I can learn details later. For now we be there for Dorarose and her family, and make sure they are ok during this time. Others will be told and...a funeral planed sometime in the next few days"

Oz says, "Agreed...anything else that needs discussed can wait "   

Ace nods a hello to Lacota as he sighs “This is indeed a sad time for the abbey"   

Chestnut says, "I think that head guard fellow of Ferravale is letting Blisa and Ferravale know of..Brother Leon's passing"   

Lacota purses his lips. "Of course." He knows better than most what DoraRose must be going through. "In the meantime, I believe Angela will likely take over in the interim until we can select a full time replacement, don't you think? She's the most skilled healer we have right now..."   

Benar nods "She is....but for the next few days she may want to spend time with family, then decide. It could even be decided she stays on full time, but I am making no decides as of yet. Brother Rafael can be in charge a couple days to allow Angela some time to grief with her family and be there for Dorarose. There will be a meeting on...replacement but for today at least let’s not think of it, it’s too early and this happen only this morning from my understanding"   

Oz says, "Yes I believe this morning and Angela would be a good choice, she has been in charge even of the infirmary a couple times, like when Leon and Dorarose went to salamandrstoron for a few weeks, and time to grief would be good"

Ace asks, "does one truly get over the loss of a loved one? It takes much time, sure if can lessen but never totally go away"

Chestnut is just silent, he has had his own loss in his life but rarely speaks of it   

Lacota shakes his sadly. "So sudden..." He looks at Ace, frowning. "No. One does not... Ever." He leaves it at that, not in the mood to elaborate further. "But yes, Brother Rafael would be a fine choice, as well. We shall see what the other Elders think once we have the meeting."

Benar nods "A meeting will be after...Brother Leon's..funeral, which will need planed" He wipes away a tear "I shall speak to Dorarose and whomever else may have more details on what happen as I know he was missing a few days, it was thought at first he may of went with the group to...forgot now where Minsc and Brother Gorvenalus went to"   

Oz answers "The ruins of Willowbark Abbey.....Lilymoore is with them in fact, but I am unsure how long they will be away. I have only heard bits and pieces of what happen to Leon, a raven that’s now dead seems the main cause of it,  the raven Eclipse  was killed"   

Ace says, "well good ridice to the foul raven then"       

Lacota hmms, nodding his head. "I see. Well. At least he won't bother us again."   

Benar says, "alright thank you for some news. We will get our chance to say goodbye to Brother Leon, say any words needed as I find a day for a funeral all can come to who wants to come"   

Oz says, "I am sure beast from Ferravale and some from woodlands would want to be here for a memorial service"

Benar nods slowly as he is silent right now, "This is indeed....sudden and will take some time to get over the shock of loss"   

Lacota mmms, nodding. "It will be hard to adjust."

Oz says, "Yes it will be and it will effect Dorarose the most....I know how I when I lost my mate a long time ago, Dorarose will need us more than ever now to be there for her"

Benar nods in agreement "Oz is right. There is a time to grief alone but we can't let her grief alone for very long. I do not want any beast to get deep into depression or try and lock themselves in rooms and not speak to anyone"   

Lacota frowns, knowing the depression he went through after Krystal died. "Yes... She needs support... I'll... I'll try to talk to her..."   

Oz says, "Talking to her will be good, it helps to talk sometimes. And I remember when, "He frowns " Zinnia locked herself in the library for two days after her father died, talking helped her once she choose to listen, I Only hope Dorarose lets us talk to her and listens to us, that she knows we care and are there for her"

Benar says, "Yes we all take time to speak to her, see if she is alright or see if she needs anything. A Simple smile or if she allows a hug. Maybe help her out with chores, things like that. Make sure she eats well also as I don’t wish to hear of her making herself ill"   

Lacota sighs. "I know exactly what she's going through. And it'll take her time."   

Oz says, "a long time yes but we also can’t let her go too deep into depression, that’s not good for anyone"   

Benar sighs as he slowly stands" I need to...see Brother Leon and then will see if I can speak with Dorarose. The next few days will be hard for others as well."   

Oz asks, "Would you like some beast to go with you Benar?"   

Lacota nods. "I'll be up later."   

Benar says, "You both can come if you would like" He nods and heads upstairs " Alright"

Oz follows the abbot up to where Leon’s body is at and stays beside him.

Benar sighs as he looks at Leon and lays a paw on him, “I will miss you my friend” He stays a short while and then leaves the room to  let the healers clean the body and place Master Healer Brother Leon into a clean abbey robe, as well as his colored surocoat, minis the herbs that were inside.

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

Board footer