Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-11-25 04:23:57 PM

Karth Riverbark

Vojin Learns Of Brother Leon's Fate

Vojin Longtail(Me)-Head Guard of Ferravale

Patch- Spy

Dorarose-Gatekeeper of Redwall Abbey

Angela-Healer

Spoofed-couple otters, some guards,and Brother Rafael

~ ~ ~  LOG ~ ~ ~ ~

RW Abbey: Entry
-------------------
You stand on a grassy sward between two cottages.  To the south you see a small, calm pond.  To the north lies an open space where the Abbey has its feasts in the warmer seasons. To the east is the Great Hall, a massive structure that rises far above the abbey walls and is completed with large towers that pierce upwards into the sky.  The main building is completed with a large, iron banded door that would allow one into the Great Hall. 
Coolness has swept into the air now, bringing with it the autumn leaves of the orchards.  Coating the trails that lace and move through the dying grass and flowers.  Regardless of the death of plants, the area is beautiful in it's gold and orange season.  The abbey is sporting the colors in full pride.
-----------------------------

Vojin was out on his recent mission, least till he got tried and being tried was a big no to him so he stopped at the abbey for some rest, waking up feeling better...there was only one problem....he had one less sock.   

Patch never...well almost never, sleep in the abbey as he liked the food yes, but he also liked to sleep outside the abbey, he wasn’t sure why and maybe this recent missing socks were part of it, well he had other things on his mind to worry about.   

Vojin spots the rat and walks over to him, “Hello Patch, anything new to state, hopefully useful?"   

Patch frowns "Not really...last couple days been busy and somewhat odd"

Vojin asks, "Odd how?"       

Patch sighs "Fine...something bout missing socks and...whatever, there be far worse concerns than socks"   

Vojin arches an eyebrow, no he isn’t admitting he has a missing sock, but whats the other news " What other news is there as you seem a bit....off maybe?"   

Patch asks, "Off?" He shakes his head "As said...not all days are prefect ya know, sometimes one gets no info or they finally find something but they had rather not of"

Vojin says, "yes that does happen at times"   

Patch folds his arms over his chest "Yeah...well in winter I much rather stay home or in the tavern"

Vojin says, "not all can stay at home or in a tavern"

Patch says, "well duhhhhhhhhhh"   

Vojin says, "Like me I help others best I can and I can’t do that staying inside...cold or not cold outside."   

Patch shrugs, seems he rather just go in than talk right now.   

Vojin says, "Speaking of things to do I should get back to what I was doing"   

Patch says, "Yeah ya go do that"       

Vojin goes to grab the rat by his cloak and spin him around to better look at him "You know something I should know?"   

Patch is use to this by now, why can't anyone ask nicely about something. He frowns “Not my news ta tell"   

Vojin says, "why is that, speak now"   

Patch sighs as he frowns "Cause I am not one ta interrupt everything I see or spy on ok Mr. bossy"   

Vojin lets Patch go and is just more curious now, but just adjusts his cloak" We can talk later, I have a beast to find still" He starts to walk out of the gates.   

Patch watches the wildcat head off "If it’s who I think it is.....been found...trust me all will hear of it soon enough"   

Vojin stops and turns around, "Brother Leon was found or some other beast?"   

Patch isn’t sure on how to answer that as he sits on the steps and stares at the ground. But an answer is needed so the cat goes away "Yeah" That’s all he gets for now. What...even Patch has his moments to be sad.   

Vojin is just a little uncertain "That is good new then yes?" Least he hopes its good news if someone was indeed found.   

Patch says, "Not all news is good news"   

Angela comes hobbling away from the Abbey, making a beeline towards the rat and the cat. "'vae y'seen the Master 'ealer or my granddaughter yet?" Nissaya, an otter with albinism, is chasing after her, waving her cloak. "Miss Angela, you'll freeze to death without this!" He is duly ignored.   

Vojin frowns, "I have not...seems Patch maybe has"   

Patch looks up at the old mouse and clears his throat “Yes" He says simply. One word, that’s all right now...so far.   

Finally catching up with the elderly mouse and clips her cloak onto her as she shakes her staff at the rat. "Well? Does m'grandson need 'ealin', or will they be 'ere later? Answer me straight!" The otter cringes and says gently, "Now, Miss Angela--" He is then interrupted by her paw waving about a centimeter away from his nose.

Vojin will just let the rat answer this question.   

Patch frowns, how does one answer this, he isn’t sure "I am sure...Dorarose will be here soon....but ummm....Brother Leon.....well..." He looks away, it wasn’t hard to guess with the loud crying" He...don't need no.....healing"   

With surprising swiftness and strength, Angela goes to grab the front of the rat's shirt and bring his face close to hers. "Stop dodgin' the question, vermin. You know what I wanna know, so tell me afore I give y'a good lashin'." Nissaya gestures at the rat as if to say, 'Just tell her, already!'   

Vojin is curious as well "And whether or not they be ok.....wait they are not somewhere alone in the cold are they?"   

Patch just has tears come down his checks, he knows when some beast is not alive as he finally speaks "Dorarose...found Brother Leon and that bird...Eclipse or whatever...de bird is dead.....but so is..." He stops and then finds the words "Brother Leon is dead...."He then frowns "May I..I just go now...please Miss Angela?"   

Nissaya gasps softly. Angela releases the rat in horror. "No....oh, no, my 'Rose....aye, y'can go, Patch. Thank....thank y'fer tellin' me..." Suddenly feeling a million seasons old, the elderly mouse sits on the wall steps and stares at the tall Abbey building in shock.   

Vojin frowns, "Should someone go make sure Dorarose is alright..walk her back here?"   

Patch is dropped and backs away "I am..sorry for your loss...." He then heads out slowly to the dirt road, he is getting home.   

Angela is speechless as a pair of tears trickle down her cheeks. Nissaya also looks grief-stricken, but he shakes his head. "Miss DoraRose probably needs to be left alone for a while.....right, Miss Angela? Um...." The elderly mouse doesn't respond, so the otter adds, "If she's not back in a couple of hours, then we should probably go looking for her."   

Vojin nods as he frowns "I should...tell Ms. Blisa and your abbot and the others here should know, perhaps Dorarose can...say more, maybe" It’s never good to deal with death and this is a leader, a main healer.   

Nissaya nods. "We'll.....yeah, be sure to let the Abbot know."

"Blisa will definitely want to know," Angela finally says, but before she can continue, the guards on the wall tops shout, "DoraRose on the road!" The old Healer hurries and opens the gate, with the otter's help. The Warrior comes stumbling in, her sword at her side, her war hammer tied to her back....and her husband's body in her arms. As the guards close the gate behind her, she opens her mouth to speak, but nothing comes out. Only more tears trickle down her face as she collapses to her knees.   

Vojin stays where he is, this is the abbey not Ferravale. He does bow his head in respect though.   

DoraRose starts to weep, and her grandmother kneels down and hugs her, and the Master Healer's body. Nissaya stands there kind of helplessly. A squirrel comes out from the Abbey and heads their way. It's Brother Rafael, another Healer.

Vojin clears his throat "I am...sorry on not finding him sooner, I did try...please forgive me. "   

DoraRose looks up at the wildcat and blinks through her tears. "Wha....what?" Brother Rafael sees the body of the Master Healer and, along with Nissaya, runs off to tell the Abbot, Oz, Lacota.....yeah, basically everyone, actually.   

Vojin frowns, he speaks " I..am sorry....if there is anything I can do..."He sighs but, "What...happen?" He isn’t sure about mentioning Patch seen her or not.   

DoraRose reluctantly allows a guard to take her husband's body to somewhere where it can be kept safely for a while. "He....he had been cap....captured by that raven, Eclipse. She....I'm not sure what all happened. Leon and I....didn't have..." she's on the verge of crying again, but she then swallows and continues: "I think she had taken him for a flight to kill him. His scalpel was imbedded in her chest. They....he killed her, and....she killed him. The fall.....and the wounds..." she can't continue, and she covers her mouth with a paw. Angela wraps her arms around the Warrior, lips pursed, face unreadable.....for now.   

Vojin nods and listens "It seems....maybe he...maybe the raven was going after family and he stopped her?"   

DoraRose just nods. That's the only reason she can think of that Leon would break his vow as an Abbey Brother. The bells begin to toll out the sad message to the whole of the woodlands.

Vojin nods "I shall give news to Ferravale....I am...it is good you and him were able to....have parting words" He frowns, he has seen death, he has heard last words before, he will not ask what was said as its most likely private as he turns to head out and give sad news to Ferravale.   

DoraRose stands in a very wobbly fashion. "Th.....thank you. And....t....tell Marek that...." She takes a deep breath. "That I don't want the Lily knowing until she gets back from her trip. So perhaps....not send them the....don't tell them. Please let Marek know that." She turns and, after giving her hammer and sword to a guard, heads into the Gatehouse. Angela stands and watches her go. "She's gonna 'ave a 'ard time of it. I know, m'own 'usband died. The pain lasts for a very long time....if it ever goes away," she adds in a whisper.   

Vojin nods in understanding as he turns for a brief moment "Yes...but she has other family and friends to help her. I will also let her request to Marek be known....and let Blisa know, the abbey can send word of when the funeral is as well"

My spoofs:Atvi...and Alts=
Ewan Benjamin Delaney Tanner Mosswell Jahveri- LP Hare Fighter/Private and Residential Redwall Abbey Hare
Dearil-Archer/Fighter/Assassin in Blackrose

Board footer