Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-11-15 05:59:59 PM

The_Brony_Marek

Finally The Sea Port-Willowbark Log

Rupert was glad, very glad, to be off the small boat. What he wasn't glad of is once off beasts decide not to stay close as he mutters to himself and walks along the city road close to the docks and reads the note snorting..."This is...aggravating"

Karth stayed close, as did Flea as the otter just shakes his head at the rabbit and speaks" Calm yourself sir, I am sure all will be well" The shrew nods "Yeah and besides....it’s some place new and look" He shows off something he got from a vendor" It’s something called a fish taco, neat huh?"

LilyMoore has kept close to the rabbit, and has kept silent, too, which the beasts who know her best know means that something's wrong.  The mouse maid looks at the fish taco and wrinkles her nose.  "Um, wow, that's....unique, there."  She's trying to be kind, even though that sounds awful to her.

Rupert steps back "Please get that atrocious thing away from me. We should get away from this area, I distrust it"

Flea frowns "Must you use such odd words, common is nice ya know lad" He grins and eats his fish creation and looks around as Karth, for now, is quiet.

Gorvenalus listens quietly, he has gotten use to the  fancy words and they don’t seem to bother him, he offers a small smile to Lilymoore" You doing ok so far, this is a rather long trip"

LilyMoore gives the shrew a disgusted look.  "I agree with Rupert, that thing does look atrocious....and that means disgusting.  Disturbing.  Yucky."  Looking at the bunny, she adds, "Well, then, where should we go?  How can we find Marek's contact?"  She wishes that he had come along; they'd be on their way by now if he had.  Glancing at the beaver, she shrugs.  "Yeah, I'm....I'm okay, I guess.  The boat ride was kinda fun; I've never been on an adventure like this before.  Mom and Dad have, but Caleb and I had to be left behind in Redwall at the time." 

Rupert looks over a few notes he has "Either the docks or..some tavern" He frowns "Great name...the Lucky Dagger....joy"

Karth rolls his eyes "Not the best name, we should be careful and should of stayed together in this port city, not always the best place....to..." He sighs as Flea has wandered off and he glances around finally seeing his friend a little ways off, "To wander too far"

Gorvenalus says, "I am sure every beast is alright and I do believe Minsc and Xander are with them, not to worry." He nods to Lilymoore" I am sure your mother and father are just fine, maybe worried but maybe we can find a way to see them a note as I believe we are to send a note when we arrive here"

LilyMoore smiles a tiny bit.  "Yeah, that'd be great.  I just wish...." she sounds wistful, and her smile fades.  "I just wish I could send a note to my brother."  She then goes to tug on the rabbit's sleeve.  "Well, then let's go to this tavern place.  Momma insisted that I bring my knife, and I know how to use it, so it's not like we're completely unarmed, right?  And weren't we supposed to send Marek a note when we arrived here safely?"  She'll let the sea otter get his wandering friend, who obviously doesn't understand how dangerous this place might be.

Rupert says, "Yes a letter will be sent soon lass...soon as we are ALL together...but I have no clue a direction to go for this...tavern"

Karth  ask, "We could ask" Flea crosses his arms as he is once more by Karth and again looks around "Or look at signs?"

Gorvenalus asks, "We have no map of this place?" He frowns and looks a little worried, it’s been a while since he has been in a port city “Well we should find it, then the others before dusk and we can rest a day or two...correct?"

LilyMoore lets the adults decide.  Looking around, she tugs on the beaver's sleeve as she sees if she can actually read the signs that are here, or if they're in a language that she doesn't know.  "Gorvenalus, I'm hungry.  We do have money to buy food with, right, Rupert?"  She's a teenager, so she's always hungry.  Be glad she's not a hare on top of it .

Rupert groans, "We need to regroup and find this..Lucky Dagger place, We should not eat till we are all organized and together"

Karth snorts" We may wait all day for that sir hare" Yes he called him a hare, right now he could care less as he finds a place called -The Jolly Roger- "That place seems peaceful enough" And there is otters and a couple voles by it. Flea grins "Grub, let’s go!"

Gorvenalus nods "We have enough for meals yes..."He follows the others, "Shouldn’t we look for the others, it wouldn’t be wise to not find them"

LilyMoore glares at the rabbit, then points at the shrew.  "But he ate something!  Isn't refusing to feed the young, weak beasts who are under your charge a tad perfidious?"  She knows big words, too!  She spots the tavern that the otter has spotted and adds, "That could be a woodlander tavern.  I bet we could get food there.  And if the others get lost, it's their own dumb fault for not sticking close to the one with the letter of introduction!"  Hunger makes her grumpy.

Rupert frowns and tales a deep breath and then nods "Fine, we all go into there and maybe Karth or Flea can locate the others soon as well"

Karth nods "I would be fine with looking for the others and letting them know we are here, they may also have inn rooms to stay in as I do think it wise to rest a couple days in a bed and not a boat for once"

Gorvenalus makes sure the ones here at least stay together as they soon enter the tavern and look for a  place to sit.

LilyMoore follows them into the tavern.  "Yeah, the boat is a bit uncomfortable.  I got a little ill at night."  That may be a sign that she's gonna get seasick once they leave in the ship.  Also, she's happier now that they're about to possibly get food.  She points to a large corner booth that is being cleaned right now.  "How 'bout over there?  It should fit all of us, even when Karth and Flea find the others."

Rupert seems to dislike the place still, but at least its friendly looking to woodlanders as he nods and goes to sit down" As soon as we find whom we need to find, they will provide anything for the rest of the trip...food, boat, and so on"

Karth nods “I can look for the others now, also maybe 2-3 rooms would be good to get...couple nights" He leaves Flea with them as the shrew grins "I like this place..cozy and tis warm, and no sudden bumps like that boat, if ya called it a boat least this other one will be a real boat"

Gorvenalus says, "Yes most likely a good size ship, but we don’t need a large ship really....a small one would do just as well”

LilyMoore sits down and rests her chin on her fists.  "I'll share a room with Moonbeam and Varsha.  Can I order some food?"  That's like all she can think about right now.  A sea otter waitress comes over, smiling and ready to take their orders.  The mouse maid looks at the rabbit hopefully.

Rupert frowns and sighs "Fine we can all order and when the others get here they can order their food." He simplify orders a nice salad and some tea, he never really eats too much it seems.

Flea did eat a little but then again this place has drinks, and other food so..yeah and he is a little tired of fish, yet he ate fish earlier, he looks to see if there is anything else , maybe soup of some kind and an ale.

Gorvenalus smiles, he will wait for Minsc, but he will have some tea till then" We can write the letters and then have them sent....how were we to have the letters sent back by the way?"

There turns out to be quite a collection of choices: various sandwiches, salad, vegetable soup, shrimp and hotroot soup, clam chowder, tea, ale, greensap milk, fish in basically every way you can have it, and the same with clams and oysters and crabs and lobsters....there's even the option of deep fried octopus.  LilyMoore grins and orders salad, vegetable soup, a cheese-lettuce-and-tomato sandwich, and tea.  She is hungry!  The waitress nods and heads off to give the kitchen their orders.  When she comes back with the teapot and cups, she asks the shrew if he's figured out what he wants.

Rupert does quietly make sure they are good on coins and they are, and enough for 2-3 rooms as well as he sighs, he is tried and so looks over the varies notes again.

Flea gets some vegetable soup, and of course an ale as he smiles" This trip has been nice so far...very little trouble, the only trouble was the bat tagging along and not letting us know, that was unwise as she about regretted it"

Gorvenalus says, "Moonbeam is better now and I am unsure why she came along, but an extra friend is fine"

LilyMoore nods.  "Aye, I'm glad that she's doing better.  Maybe she just wants to be with friends."  The food arrives, and the mouse maid eagerly watches as it's all set down (including the shrew's ale).  But her smile turns to a look of horror when she notices that, on both her salad and the rabbit's salad, there is fried shrimp scattered like crotons over the top.  The waitress doesn't seem to notice and just lets them know to get her attention if they need anything else, then she goes off towards a table full of drunken sailors.  The mouse maid covers her mouth with a paw, looking a little sick.

Rupert frowns. He just sips some tea, though the shrimp could be picked off easily "I do hope the others are located soon"

Flea nods as he eats "I am sure they will be..no worry they can get out of trouble if it comes around" Another bite of food as he smiles" I like new places and one with less tress around"

Gorvenalus says, "Trees are good to have around, there is...well still should be some near where Willowbark is as well as a very nice wonderful waterfall”

LilyMoore pushes her salad away and eats her cheese sandwich, dipping it into her soup.  Then, taking a deep breath, she picks off each and every one of the shrimp that's on her salad and wipes the lettuce leaves they were touching off with a napkin.  She places the shrimp on the plate her sandwich was on, then, when she's done, she carefully pushes the plate as far from her as she can.  She then carefully digs through her salad with her fork to make sure she got all the shrimps out.  Glancing at her beaver friend, she says softly, "It sounds like a beautiful place."

Rupert sips more of his tea, still looking over notes and double checking things to make sure all is going smoothly, he will feel better once they are on the promised boat out to sea.

Flea smiles "Sounds nice indeed..waterfalls are nice"

Gorvenalus frowns "It was...I am sure the waterfalls are still there...two of them, you could see them from...the abbey...." He sighs as he stops there, he looks sad now but tries to not let sadness get to him too much.

LilyMoore has decided that her salad is okay now, and has started eating when she notices that her friend is sad.  Swallowing the mouthful she has and setting her fork down, she goes to hug the beaver.  "I'm sorry about what happened.  I hope we can find something good at Willowbark, though.  And maybe you can show me around, huh?  And show me all the different areas and tell us all stories."

Rupert glances over at them and then back to his notes as he sips his tea “As for how to send a letter back, there is a bird I know that was to meet us here, He will deliver any letter or letters to the abbey and then we shall find a way to let them know when we get to that island as well..2-3 weeks trip from here"

Flea just nods as he listens, he looks to the beaver" Maybe bring something back to Redwall...don't know, if able that is"

Gorvenalus sighs "I do not know...a lot was destroyed...burned down or..messed up and I am unsure how much as we were...taken away"

LilyMoore goes back to her salad, finishing it in record time as she listens.  "That would make me so sad and angry....no wonder Minsc is always so unhappy."  And she even got a taste of Quade's cruelty when she was his prisoner.  "I'm sure we'll find something though, and even something that's a little messed up might be good to have."  She tackles her soup after taking a drink of tea.

Rupert says, "Any one whom has lost a home has lost a great deal"

Flea decides he is tried, he will make sure there is a room first and then go sleep, whomever is with him can join him later.

Gorvenalus sighs "He...made us watch...." He shakes his head as memories start to come to him he wishes wouldn’t

LilyMoore sets down her spoon and reaches over to hold the beaver's paw.  "I'm sorry.  I....I do kinda understand.  Some of the things Quade made us watch.....it must've been even harder for you and pose nods "It...needs done and no turning back now. Maybe it will help and there is the tablet also"Minsc."  She gives him a compassionate look.  "Are you sure this trip was a good idea?"

Gorvenalus nods "It...needs done and no turning back now. Maybe it will help and there is the tablet also"

LilyMoore nods and decides to change the subject some.  "Yeah, the tablet.  You did bring it, right?"  She digs into the remainder of her soup, looking at the beaver.

Gorvenalus nods "Yes..I did and maybe it can help with closure perhaps"   

Rupert clears his throat as he stands "I need to get the rooms, be right back"

Lilymoore looks up at the rabbit. "Okay.  We'll be right here."  Turning back to the beaver, she pushes her now-empty bowl away and says, "Yeah, that'd be good.  Do you...do you think there may have been any survivors?"  She figures that the answer is 'not under any circumstances could anyone have survived' -- I mean, she has seen firsthand Quade's brutality -- but she's wanting to instill some hope in the beaver.

Gorvenalus just has tears go down his face, in his eyes there was none and he remembers the words said that day from Quade........

Rupert returns "Rooms...got.....oh" He sits down and frowns, it can wait.....they can go to the rooms when ready, he can wait

Board footer