Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-11-02 06:43:05 PM

oz

Wedding of Xander and Krisha!-Redwall Log

Log:
Oz-Papa Oz and dibbun Caretaker of Redwall
Benar-Abbot of Redwall
Lacota-Frair of Redwall
Lilymoore-Bellringer of Redwall
Dorarose-Gatekeeper of Redwall
Zolomon-Archer hare for Mossflower Defenders
Xander-Leader of Mossflower Defenders
Krisha- Bride of Xander
Zarok-monitor
Ferro-Blacksmith of Ferravale
Spoofed beasts

RW Abbey: Late Rose Garden
------------------------------------------------------------
The Rose garden offers solitude and peace from every-day life of the abbey.  A feeling of tranquility is presented through the roses and the open area that seems to flow over everything around.

Buds stud the plants along with greenery that shows through the last remnants of icicles that simply /won't/ leave.  The last vestige of the winter snow has long since melted from the tranquil little spot -- seeing as it's a popular place for young couples it's no wonder that the new carpet of grass under foot is now trampled flat.  As it matures it will come back, but for now, it can remain flat. The little buds are already showing their colors, even a few of the early-bloomers beginning to come out and open up.  A lovely place to represent spring, no?
------------------------------------------------------------

Xander was standing still and now he paces right before everything starts. He still has a bandage on one side of his face, but it doesn’t look too out of place.

Zolomon watches his friend “Don’t pace Xandy, your make like a trench or something."   

Moonbeam is in a tree nearby watching, she yawns and has decided to be here as she is always curious.   

LilyMoore comes wandering into the Garden and flops onto a bench, looking sad and despondent. She is in the dress she wore to the feast, in addition to a burgundy cloak and dark green hat, gloves, and mittens. Resting her head on her arm on the bench, she sighs. Butterclaw the Sparra and 3 robins fly over to her and land in front of her, but she ignores them....and everyone else, for that matter.   

Xander sighs "Just....nervous is all, I will be fine, all is fine...maybe"   

Moonbeam lands close to Lilymoore "What goes on with all around the garden?"   

LilyMoore takes a moment to respond, so Butterclaw chirrups at the bat. "Wedding! XanderKrisha badgerworms are getting married!" He starts twittering a wedding song. The mouse maid stares at him, then tries to grab his beak.   

Xander sighs but then smiles "Today will be good, I am sure of it"   

Zolomon smiles "Of course it will fine, it’s gonna be a great day your see." Oz wanders in after a short time and finds a place to sit.   

Moonbeam smiles "Oh a wedding if course......" Ok new word for her as she now frowns "What is a wedding?"   

LilyMoore has managed to grab Butterclaw's beak, and now he's making muffled squawks of alarm and flapping his wings as he tries to get away. The robins hide under the bench. The mouse maid sighs. "A wedding is where 2 beasts get married to each other, promising to take care of each other and be dedicated only to each other as long as they live. They then have children, usually." Sighing, the Bell ringer releases her sparrow friend, who hops a short distance away, over to beside the badger, and twitters and chirrups at the mouse maid in a very chastising way. She just scowls at him.   

Xander smiles as he waits, the wedding should be soon after all, least he hopes it starts soon anyways.   

Zolomon says, "Wedding are grand, well mostly I seen one once where a couple otters started a food fight with the cake, poor innocent cake all over the place. Oz shakes his head and just waits, the dibbuns are with Sister Ginny and seem to be behaving themselves, a couple dibbuns are with another order beast and didn’t come to the wedding."   

Krisha is not here yet, but will be soon as she has last moment things to do, to be ready and usually one lets it be known when the bride is about to enter .   

Moonbeam nods "Oh...interesting, are there many weddings here?"   

LilyMoore looks very, very sad at that question. "Um, well, kinda....can we talk about something else....please?" She may be on the verge of crying. Butterclaw relents from chastising her and flutters over, landing on her back and making comforting sounds. The robins take up those small sounds to try and make their friend feel better.   

Krisha decides to walk over to where Lilymoore is "What is…is the  matter Lilymoore, weddings are to be cheerful, well sometimes sad maybe"   

Moonbeam frowns "Ok...talk of what then?"   

LilyMoore shrugs. "Anything else." She carefully sits up and rubs her eyes as her bird friends gather around her on the bench. "I just....I miss my brother. We're twins, and he left to join a...a circus with no....no warning, and.....and I really miss him." She wipes away a tear and sniffs.   

Xander glances over at the crowd around Lilymoore and frowns, "Whats going on?" He asks a nearby order beast who just shrugs as the bench is a little ways off to the side.   

Zolomon walks over too, he may as well "Ello...I say have a jolly smile and I am sure that brother of yours will jolly well visit soon, right or ..least write, correct?"   

Krisha frowns, she decides to hug the mouse maid and offers a small smile, yeah she should really be off on the path but her friend looked sad so she wanted to help “It will be ok, your be ok....want to help me fix my flowers?"   

LilyMoore just listens to everyone and pulls the hood of her cloak over her ears. Keeping silent, she nods and stands to help the badger maid fix her flowers. Butterclaw and the 3 robins flutter up to a tree branch so they can sing for the wedding. Lily isn't answering anyone's questions or anything; she doesn't want to ruin the day anymore by crying like a rainy day.   

Benar walks into the Garden of the Late Rose, accompanied by several brothers and sisters. He stops to look around the garden, admiring how it has been decorated. Lanterns hanging from the wall, the walkways lined on either side by a deep carpet of autumn leaves. The rose bushes themselves are still lingering, the late roses nodded heavily, the leaves on the bushes nearly ready to fall. They will not last for much longer, the cold is coming but the late rose has held on for the wedding.   

Xander is here, he had been pacing and luckily stopped. He smiles as he sees Benar and waves a hello to him. He has on his uniform, cleaned and sewed, of his Mossflower Defender outfit, its...well best he had besides his normal tunic.   

Zarok trots in a moment or two after Benar, wearing his habit and his Sampetran clasp. He walks with surprising grace, given his status as a nearly fully grown monitor lizard. He ducks his head respectfully to the Late Rose; his friend, Terfil the newt, also wearing a habit, follows behind him, dwarfed by the young monitor.   

Zolomon is here also, in a slightly fancy tunic and staying close to his badger friend. Oz is here, but any dibbuns are with Sister Ginny today and she will bring them along shortly, unless they were having a bad day then she won’t.   

Krisha got her flowers fixed and sliped away for a short while to finish getting ready and then came back but stayed off to the side till it was time to enter the garden.   

Ferro walks in quietly and stays off to the side in his very thick hooded cloak.

Moonbeam stays on her little overhang nearby watching the beasts, this is her first wedding and she is very curious of what happens at such events.   

LilyMoore had helped the badger maid fix her flowers, then slipped over to beside the bells. She waits for the signal from the Abbot. DoraRose hurries in, dressed in the dress she wore to the feast (as Lily is) with her dark green cloak over it (Lily's is burgundy). Angela comes hobbling in, wearing a black dress and her regular cloak. Her fur has a peculiar green tinge to it. She has tied Autumn leaves to the top of her staff.   

Benar pauses to lean up and look over Zarok and Terfil, examining their clothing. Zarok may be his adopted son but he's just as much of a fuss about the newt as the lizard. He looks at the Sampetran clasp and shakes his head, "Remind me to get out my collection of Sampetran trinkets. You may as well have some of them now go take your seats I best go talk to the groom." He then glides forward along the path toward Xander and smiles up at the badger, he then stops and stares at Angela as she arrives and murmurs, "I was going to ask how you are feeling Xander but what on earth is Angela dressed as?" He murmurs quietly, "That so is not appropriate for a wedding... green fur..." He shakes his head and smiles up at the badger, "So ready?" He then slyly asks after distracting the badger.

Xander smiles a little "I am..nervous but ready as I am...ever gonna be sir"

Zarok nods, smiling toothily, and bolts off to his chair exuberantly, but glances over his shoulder to make sure Terfil can keep up. He helps the little newt into his seat and then folds his clawed paws in his lap patiently.   

Zolomon grins as he wanders back over to Xander and gives him a reassuring nod. Oz just listens and frowns as Sister Ginny whispers to him, "She is still green?" He sighs but its fine, he remembers when the dibbuns made him blue for a couple weeks, not that he could tell really.   

Krisha gets ready to enter, once she is told its ok and smooths out her dress a little as she waits and adjusts a flower that’s in her headfur.   

LilyMoore is standing by the bells, waiting. Angela glares at the Abbot, almost as if she knows he's talking about her. Like it's HER fault that some dastardly DAB member pranked the Infirmary door with green dye. As if it's HER fault that SHE'S the one who they got. DoraRose sits by her grandmother and in a very maternal manner puts the hood of the elderly mouse's hood up over her ears....and ducks the old Healer's smack. Grumbles can be heard from under the hood now.

Benar is immune to Angela's glares, so let’s it roll around him as he steps back to take his place. He nods to Zolomon as he comes over and tucks his arms inside his sleeves. He then gives a nod to Brother Hubert and Lilymoore at the set of beautiful silver bells that hang suspended on a row of stands. Each bell is a different size, from half a foot wide to the tiniest, thimble sized bell. They are a musical set that the Abbot has had Lily and Hubert practicing on for over two weeks now. His nod is the sign to start the bridal processional song and once it starts Krisha will know to make her appearance.

Lacota enters the garden, pulling his own cloak tighter about himself, and takes a seat near the back.   

Xander waits, once it seems things are starting he stands up better and looks towards where Krisha will enter the gardens.   

Zarok waits quietly, his dark, lidless eyes taking in everything. It's been a long time since he's attended a wedding, and this is a perfect day for one.

Zolomon stays quiet as the wedding starts.   

Krisha enters, her dress is long sleeved which is good for cold weather, some lace on the sleeves and a light white in color with light blue along the skirt and sleeves slightly, some flower and leave patterns are also in the skirt. She wears a very nice necklace and has some paper blue flowers and a couple roses in her headfur as she walks towards the front and smiles.   

Ferro watches and smiles.

LilyMoore nods and plays the bells just as she's supposed to. Butterclaw and the robins will hold their song until after the ceremony is over. DoraRose and Angela sit quietly, both of them smiling slightly, the Warrior already dabbing tears from her cheeks like some kind of maniac.   

Benar smiles as Krisha enters and watches as she approaches, the sky is a bit cloudy but the sun graces the garden of the late rose with a beam of golden sunshine that sets the carefully and artfully arranged piles of leaves aflame with glittering light, an aurora of autumnal colors that fill the garden with their warm glow. It is a beautiful accompaniment for Krisha to walk down the aisle too the song of the silver bells   

Xander blinks and smiles as he sees Krisha and keeps his eyes on her as she enters. He is happy and clearly has a right to be happy.   

Lacota watches the proceedings.   

Zarok smiles widely, watching the proceedings as well. Terfil cranes his neck to see, but can't quite get a good view, so, with a quiet, good-natured sigh, Zarok hoists his best friend onto his shoulder to get a better view.   

Zolomon steps off to the side, he isn’t going to get in the way of this, an order beast gives him the please just sit down look, for which he obeys and quietly watches.   

Krisha smiles at Xander, she is happy also and then looks to the abbot as her and Xander go to face him as the wedding  begins.   

Benar says, "Join hands," He whispers to the Bride and Groom then turns his attention to the gathering, "Friends, Brothers, Sisters, Gentlebeasts all we are gathered here today. Within the grounds of our beloved Redwall Abbey to bare witness to one of the most beloved and joyous of occasions. Everyone here today shall be witness and participant in the wedding of these two beasts who stand before us to be joined as Husband and Wife. Now before we begin in earnest I have one question to ask, can any beast here stand forth and give just reason why these two may not be wed? Speak now or forever hold it within your hearts and speak of it no more."

Xander smiles and goes to quietly take Krisha's paw and waits.   

Zarok remains silent, actually clamping his jaws shut with an audible snap. Terfil, from his perch, watches the proceedings eagerly.   

Lacota has nothing to say, so remains silent.   

Ferro looks around, no one had best say anything wrong, or else.

Zolomon looks around, no one seems to disagree with the wedding and all is very quiet...well someone sneezes but that’s all.

Oz listens as well....nope all is quiet.   

Krisha smiles as she holds on to Xander's paws and smiles at him.   

Benar smiles at the silence and raises his hands, "Then it is with great pleasure that we shall begin, first I ask you Xander, Defender of Mossflower to state before the crowd why you wish Krisha to be your wife and stand by your side. Then Krisha I would ask you to state why you wish to take Xander as your husband. Then we will proceed with the formal swearing of vows and the exchange of tokens."   

Xander nods, well..words, he has some words he just has to think and smiles “Because I love her...she is always there for me, she makes me smile and...well I can't image a life without her in it" He smiles.   

Krisha smiles, "I...love you too Xander and..don’t want a world without you either. You saved me...me from drowning when first meet and....and got me back to talking again, when been mute over a season before that"   

Benar smiles as he listens, his long thick fluffy grey tail swaying back and forth behind him, "Now Xander, repeat these words, I Xander, do hereby on this day, take Krisha, to be my wife, to love, to hold, to have and protect, to care and stand with from this day forth throughout all the seasons that lay ahead. Here before these witness I declare it so and thus shall it be."   

Lacota weeps silently.   

Xander nods as he listens to what he is to say and then says" I Xander, do hereby on this day, take Krisha, to be my wife, to love, to hold, to have and protect, to care and stand with from this day forth throughout all the seasons that lay ahead. Here before these witness I declare it so and thus shall it be"   

Hearing both Lacota and DoraRose getting all teary, Zarok glances over at each of them, slightly concerned. He then settles back down.   

Zolomon just watches and listens   

Benar turns to Krisha and smiles, "Now Krisha, if you would repeat these words, I Krisha, do on this day, take Xander to be my husband. In life and throughout all our trials, in sickness, in health, in anger and calm, side by side from now until the seasons have passed. So shall we stand side by side here before these witness."   

Krisha smiles and takes a calming breath and repeats the words slowly " I Krisha, do on this day, take Xander to be my husband. In life and throughout all our trials, in sickness, in health, in anger and calm, side by side from now until the seasons have passed. So shall we stand side by side here before these witness."   

Ferro has the rings for Xander and Krisha and hands them to the badgers before backing away.

Xander places a ring on Krisha’s finger and smiles at her.

Krisha places a ring on Xander’s finger as well.

Benar smiles and spreads his paws wide, "Then I, Benar, Abbot of Redwall Abbey do hereby declare Krisha and Xander to be husband and wife," He smiles, "You may now kiss the bride."

Xander smiles as he gives Krisha a kiss. He nods a thank you to Benar for doing the wedding.

Zolomon wipes away a tear and smiles at the happy couple. “Now we celebrate...with cake and stuff"   

Krisha smiles as she returns the kiss and chuckles a little at Zolomon’s words.

Benar says, "Congratulations both of you"   

Xander smiles "Thanks Benar, and yes Zolomon I am sure the friar made cake and there will be some food"   

Zolomon grins, then food is one of the important things in life, well to a hare “Of course of couse...I could go check on that for ya"   

Lacota ahems, and nods. "You will do no such thing..."   

Krisha hugs Xander and just enjoys the moment, she smiles again as it sounds like Lacota has things under control.   

Benar smiles and steps aside to let the happy couple have a moment and let others approach, he then circles around to his Friar and smiles, "So Lacota, what did you think?"   

Xander chuckles as he smiles at Krisha again happily and returns the hug. He smiles as beast cone up to congrate them, he says some thanks and thank yous as he smiles. A couple paw shakes are done.

Zolomon frowns “But....but....wot ever" He pouts and folds his arms over his chest as he looks over at the badgers, too many for him to say congrats just yet.   

Krisha smiles as she nods to a couple beasts and says her own thanks and thank yous to beasts as well.   

Lacota crosses his arms. "It was lovely. Krisha makes a fetching bride." He frowns slightly. "Reminded me of... Never you mind." He shakes his head. "I hope you all find the cake acceptable."   

Xander says, "your food is always wonderful Friar Lacota"   

Zolomon nods "His pies are for sure  good!!”

Krisha smiles as she listens, happy as it’s a good evening   

Benar says, "Well then let us head inside for cake and the wedding breakfast," he starts back towards the abbey with a smile on his face".

Lacota nods, and turns to follows the others back indoors, pulling his cloak tighter again.   

Xander nods as he gets ready to follow the abbot inside "And we can stay at Uncle Zees hut...well guess it’s been mine the past....wow almost 4 seasons...." He smiles at Krisha "Its big enough for 2 and in Ferravale so your be close to your father that way too and we will be close to Mossflower Defender's base as well"   

Krisha smiles "Its fine as long as its..it’s with you"   

Zolomon grins and goes to get ahead of some of the beasts, course he does fail and has to wait.

Cake and a very nice small feast is had in the Great Hall, not as big as the Autumn Feast but that’s ok, it’s still nice with good food and cake for all who came. After a little while Xander and Krisha excuse themselves and walk to Ferravale with Ferro.

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

Board footer