Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-11-01 10:26:38 PM

Karth Riverbark

Never Have Dinner With A Monitor Lizard

Log:
Attor(me)-Monitor Lizard…
Sandjaw-spoofed monitor
Liask-Otter in wrong place wrong time
~ ~ ~ LOG~ ~ ~ ~

The Ship without a Name was so called as mostly a joke. Liask didn't know why or when he started calling the raft he labeled as a 'boat' that name, probably when he was full of ale.

It was a safe bet as there were few moments of Liask's life where he was not full of ale.   

The raft itself is anchored to a small pond that feeds off the great Mossflower river. It's a large square structure made out of logs tied together. There are several crates of supplies set up around the camp along the shore line. No beasts can be easily seen but the snoring from the tent gives away the location of at least one beast.   

Attor walks along the beach and frowns, the weather was getting a little cold, he did have a cloak yes but he needed more as he then heard the snoring and grinned as he walked up to the tent and cleared his throat, then waited for a reply.   

The sole occupant of the tent stretches and yawns. "It's about time! Yer late!" The otter is a strange beast. Dressed in sleeveless cloth vest that hardly fits his rotund build. His light brown fur is covered in painted tiger stripes from head to toe. He wears a leather band about his wrists, ankles and tail.   

Even while standing up, his gluttonous stomach hangs near his knees. "I hear ya, I hear ya. I'm going, I'm going." The otter pushes past the lizard in a tired stupor, moving for the raft while killing off a bottle of wine. "What took ya so long, fox? I've been waiting for HOURS. Long patrol will be coming through the area eventually... Lazy no good for nothin fluff t-" He pauses, glancing over his shoulder at the lizard. "You... are not a fox."   

Attor smirks "No...I am not, you’re lucky maybe why a fox could kill a woodlander such as you. And you ARE all alone as well, not wise out here"   

The otter laughs while rubbing the back of his neck, "Under normal circumstances, I would agree. Then again, most lizards would too." He takes a step away from the lizard, paw resting at the knife at his hip. "You could say that I was waiting for a client. How about you, anything I can help you with... friend?"   

Attor grins "I was...hoping for a boat, may need to leave the area" He really is not planning to, least yet. "Maybe we could talk over some good ale and food?" He shows his gold "I have...gold and another thing I DISLIKE the LP as well"   

The otter raises an eyebrow. A sly smile spreads across his muzzle, "I have nothing against the LP. But I have nothing for them either. They and any creature that wears a law beasts badge." The otter takes a grandeous bow, "If you need out of the area, then you have come to the right beast. I am Liask, humble smuggler extraordinaire. What exactly do you have to trade?"

Attor thinks on this as he studies the otter "A fine meal" He nods to follow to a nearby campfire, it’s cold after all...well to him. He has fish, ale, wild greens and even some apples. Some clams also and shrimp  he caught.   

The otter licks his chops. His vice isn't too hard to identify. "I think that will take you to the next waypoint. By all means." He gestures to the campfire and the cooking pots nearby. "If my current contact doesn't make it by the time we finish our meal, I will take you to where you want to go."   

The otter leans against a crate, "So what kind of trouble am I saving you from?"   

Attor speaks as he gets some fish, he does speak the truth "Sadly those hares and possible the badger, I have not seen him before just heard he is very tall and dangerous to have as an enemy.”

The otter nods. "Long patrol. Lovely creatures. Think themselves so high and mighty." Liask briefly wonders, if the LP hates vermin, he can only imagine what they would do to a woodlander who helps vermin smugglers. "Speaking of LP, I need to check the perimeter. You stay here and work on the meal, I will return shortly." Liask grabs his spear and departs, disappearing quite easily for one so slow moving.

It would be the perfect time to rob the otter blind... if he had more than a tent and empty crates to steal...   

Attor doesn’t eat much, and he has dinner and ale ready. he is saving his meal, his true one, for later.   

The evening goes by rather swiftly. The otter returns half an hour later, lazily strolling in to the camp. Thrusting his spear into the sand, Liask leans over the pot, savoring the smell and licking his chops. He dips a bowl deep into the pot before sitting down to feast. Not one to make small talk when food is to be had, one bowl turns into two, two turns into three bowls being poured down his greedy gullet.

Halfway through his meal, the otter looks horribly swollen, but still gets up to grab yet another bowl full of stew. "I have to admit, it is better than I imagined. No offense ment. It's just, you don't look like a chef."   

Attor glares slightly and then takes a deep breath "Well, who does look like a chief" Oddly he has ate, like none of this, he has sipped a little ale as he watches the otter and smiles oddly “I do cook well, had a friend who liked it, still do.....he is elsewhere"   

The otter on the other hand tears into the meal like it's his last, only pausing to drink from a bottle of wine. His words begin to slur as the pot slowly disappears, "Friend eh? I used to have friends. Partners who traveled up and down the river with me. They got scared off by ol 'One eye.'" The otter shivers at the memory, "Big, gnarly EEL. Don't know how, but he got the scent of me and followed me everywhere I went. Up and down the river. Wanted to eat me up!" The otter laughs. Finally, belly taut and ready to burst with his meal, Liask plops his heavy rump onto the sand, leaning against a crate. "I showed him though... Liask isn't going to get eaten by no slimy, scaley..." He pauses, glancing at the lizard, "Never mind. So, it doesn't look like my client is going to make his window. Tough luck for him, good for you. How far do you need to go up the river?" Liask picks his teeth and belches.   

Attor smirks as another lizard comes into view" Oh Sandjaw so good to see you, your just in time for dinner"   

The otter raises his wine bottle in greeting, taking a large swig from it before saying, "Welcome! More the merrier! Good luck finding a scrap left to eat, I seem to have gobbled up all of your friends f-"

And the laughter stops. The otter pauses, wine bottle dropping from his paw as the realization hits Liask like a ton of bricks to the face. "Y-you know, there is one more t-thing I need to check on. I better make sure that fox really is on his way, right?" He laughs nervously, struggling to pick up his bulk off the sand.   

Attor grins as he and Sandjaw block two ways he could go, unless he swims maybe "That’s fine...stay...for dinner" Sandjaw shows his teeth" I was hoping for hare but  the otter is nice too" He nods "Yes and such a nice fur coat as well for winter time"   

Swollen and heavy, the otter struggles to get back to his feet. He holds up his paws, laughing nervously. "N-now hold on a moment! L-let's think about this. If you kill me, who will steer the boat, yah? Y-you want to keep me alive!" This can't be happening, Liask left Mossflower to avoid monsters trying to eat him! "W-we can talk about this! I can take you anywhere, free of charge!"   

Attor chuckles "As I do want to leave, I decided to stay and...." He sighs as Sandjaw, is always the same, he lunches teeth and claws out at the otter as Attor talks more “Maybe I could get famous and kill the badger lord, think of it...or a few more hares, those are fun to kill"

The otter takes a gash across his arm as he tries to defend himself. He turns, trying to run for the water, panic filling his face. "No! Not like this!"   

Attor sighs, he gets a sword and slices at the otter before he attracts any beast. Sandjaw goes for the otters throat. About the same time a hare shows up and then slows, it’s a private maybe as he back off Attor frowns and then lunges at the hare grabbing his neck and slicing his chest open, he drops the hare as the hare loses more blood and dies after a couple moments he looks at the otter" Do save some for me brother...then there is hare and we both will have a fur coat this winter"   

The otter let's out a scream, the sword slicing him open side to side. HE clutching at his engorged middle, falling backwards into the sand as the lizard tears into the rolls of flesh about his neck. He opens his muzzle to scream but nothing comes out.   

He lays there, twitching in pain with his stomach slit open.

Eventually, Liask grows still, his last thought being, "They are going to cook me in my own stew pot... That... that is so..."

Attor waits as the otter is finished off and then smirks. Sandjaw and Attor had a nice dinner of otter and hare, and sleep. The next day they also had a couple new fur coats for the cold weather months. Attor smiled “We still need to plan, now that we have warm clothing, we can stay longer.” Sandjaw nods “Yep….why?” The older one just smiled “Oh..your find out, your find out.”

My spoofs:Atvi...and Alts=
Ewan Benjamin Delaney Tanner Mosswell Jahveri- LP Hare Fighter/Private and Residential Redwall Abbey Hare
Dearil-Archer/Fighter/Assassin in Blackrose

Board footer