Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-10-26 05:46:47 PM

oz

Rest Of Market Trip-Redwall Log

RIGHT AFTER THIS
http://forum.rwmuck.org/viewtopic.php?id=485

Log:
Oz-Papa Oz and Dibbun Caretaker of Redwall
Benar-Abbot of Redwall
Krisha-Badgermaid
-spoofed abbot beasts and other beasts around

Krisha has been quiet most of the trip as she walks along, looks at a close by stand and stays close to the abbot.   

Benar is  standing near the front of the carts, directing the novices with the various surplus trade goods to the various stalls. He looks up as Krisha walks over and smiles up at the badger, "Well we are here without any incidents or trouble. So what say we go shopping?"   

Krisha smiles “Sounds like a...a good plan. I am..unsure of anything I might need. And someone else has any other lists"   

Benar asks, "Well I am mostly here for spices" he unfurls the scroll containing all his required items, "So what say we move through all these spices Lacota wants?" He starts to wander along the stalls, peering at all the goods on display and talking to the stall holders."   

Krisha nods as she walks along and stops at one stand that has different colored papers and smiles as she looks threw them, and stops to look at a necklace but puts it back.   

Benar is moving through the market with Krisha, pausing occasionally to haggle with the spice merchants for various spices and herbs. The purchased herbs are delivered in large stone pots and the wheat or fruit or vegetables Benar is trading are handed over to the merchants. "That is pretty Krisha," he says when he sees the necklace, "Beautiful."   

Oz has helped with any cart moving and carrying if it was needed, but he, for now, stays by the cart. A Brother Tim had volunteered to find the tea leaves, which he did and brought back.   

Krisha smiles, "I..I am unsure of getting one, I mean could wear it for...more than the wedding." She knows she will get the colored papers, good for making the paper flowers in fact. She smiles "I..got my dress..at first I was unsure would..be able to have one but someone helped out with that and I have one now "   

Benar pulls something out of his belt pouch and hands it over to the stall owner. He then takes the necklace and holds it up to Krisha, "Consider this my personal wedding gift to you, every bride should have some jewels."   

Oz nods at the abbey brother who got the tea leaves, a couple different kinds in fact. He does double check on one thing as the brother nods "Yes some extra mint for the infirm is good"   

Krisha smiles "Thanks Abbot Benar" She goes to gently hug the abbot and takes the necklace smileing"I..I think today has been good"   

Benar leans into the hug then steps back, "You are welcome, it will look beautiful with your wedding dress now then..." he looks around, "Ah Oz, how is it going? Finding all the tea you need?"   

Oz chuckles "I have enough, only one kind was for me most was Mint and one other for the abbey and I know Leon keeps mint leaves around the infirm to flavor herbal mixtures sometimes and mint is good for some other things, which reminds me may have someone look for peppermint oil, it’s good for sore joints when its winter time....or well any time I suppose"   

Krisha smiles, she helps one of the abbey beasts to carry something back to the cart.   

Benar laughs softly and pats Oz's  paw , "Sounds like you have it all in hand then Oz, so I think we have everything we need. For the wedding and the abbey in general. We can head on back now I think the carts are pretty full."   

Oz nods, "Also gives us time to put anything away before get too late in the day and should still be able to be at dinner tonight on time"   

Krisha nods as she goes to follow. "And today wasn’t too cold and I Spoke with father earlier and he should be able to come to the wedding"   

Benar says, "Oh that is great news Krisha, it wouldn't be right to have the wedding if they were not there," He starts back towards the carts carrying a last jar of herbs, "Well this has been a most enjoyable day we should do this more often."

Oz says, "A walk outdoors with no worries is good. I rarely go outside the abbey myself."   

Krisha says, "Walking is good and all the colored leaves is nice to look at as well"   

Benar says, "It is one of my favorite times of year, it is just so peaceful out here, wandering, walking, enjoying, it is beautiful"

Oz nods "I may not see the leaves but I do remember how Mossflower looks in all the autumn colors, I miss it sometimes."   

Krisha frowns a little as she twirls a fallen oak leave that’s a red and orange color.

Oz helps make sure they get things to the abbey.

Krisha walked silently back to the abbey and had fallen behind a little and then caught up to where Oz was "Thanks again for the...dress. I will take good care of it, I promise as...I know it of course was important to you since Northstar had it before."   

Oz nods "Yes. I am glad it stayed looking nice it had been in the chest....well, goodness...for a while. I was a hermit after all for like 8 seasons after she..." He frowns and clears his throat “After she died and then came upon Redwall and Redwall has been my home ever since"   

Krisha asks, "You were a hermit for 8 seasons?"   

Oz nods "Yes...I had Maxtor but that was all, my adopted son...I still dislike large crowds but I do fairly well at the feasts, though I do slip out half way through half the time"   

Krisha smiles "Then it’s good that you have friends now"   

Oz nods "It is yes"   

Benar and crew arrive back at the abbey safe and sound and just in time for dinner. Things are put where they are needed and some chatting time is even gotten in.

Oz smiles as he helps and takes his own tea to his room to keep there. The one thing he still does, and has for a long while, is make tea. He hmmms at a thought “Krisha..maybe I can one day teach you to make different teas”

Krisha smiles “That would be nice, yes”

Oz nods “Alright then, for now its bed time and I have a story for the dibbuns before I head to bed for the night” He heads to tell the dibbuns their story for the night and smiles at good news…the dibbuns, ALL of them was well behaved all day while he was away, so cookies and a story for tonight and all is well!

Last edited by oz (2017-10-26 05:48:39 PM)

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

Board footer