Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-01-07 03:54:24 PM

oz

Reunion Part 2

==Why did Patch volunteer for this?==

Right after this log:

http://forum.rwmuck.org/viewtopic.php?id=58

Halyard Village: West Square(#93069RJA)
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ Halyard Village ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Surrounded on most sides by short, squat buildings, none any higher than two
levels, the main square of this small, sea-side village is covered in a fine
layer of dirt, which mostly covers the old cobble stone beneath. Many of the
buildings lining the square are homes, though some are places of business -
and, of course, there are the obligatory pubs. However, pubs are not the only
staple of a small village, especially not this one. Scattered here and there
upon sidewalks and in front of stores, various fishing nets and traps lie
about, most considerably worse for wear. It's obviously a fishing village.
Beyond that, a dirt road runs north and south from the square, with a small
scattering of homes, and behind these, a backdrop of trees. Meanwhile, beyond
the trees lies the shore.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Patch looked all over the village, well not all over he checked a couple places near the tavern and an alley so far and decided to check the docks, never know in this place.

Xander walked along the street, he had not gone that far just to the bakery and got a pasty and now sat on a bench eating the pasty, the fur under his eyes wet.   

Patch sighs in relief and walks over "Stripy there ya are, why ya run off?" He walks over slowly and notes the wet fur as he frowns "Ya...doing ok?"   

Xander shakes his head "No..I just want to get done whats needed and get out of here"   

Flint just happens to be walking by and heading to the bakery when he slows and does one of those double takes "Xander?" He seems surprised to see the badger, as he raises an eyebrow at the rat who seems here as well.   

Patch sighs" And that would be....."He tenses as he looks over, oh great a long ears..."Hi....ummm..trust me I know the kid"   

Xander frowns "No.." He smiles weakly and goes to hug the hare, he is quiet before he speaks,"Hey..." He says quietly.   

Flint returns the hug :Wot ya doing ere'...surely you’re not just here with the rat....are ya?"   

Patch crosses his arms over his chest “I will have ya know I tagged along to keep him out of trouble, so far so good....though there was the tavern but we won’t speak of that" Or least he won’t.

Xander frowns "Just me and...patch" He steps back and reaches into his cloak passing the hare a letter and looks down at the ground "And I could care less bout the stupid tavern"   

Flint takes the letter and reads it, a frown then forms as he looks at the badger "Oh...Xander, I am so sorry, he was a good beast and will be missed"   

Patch watches quietly and sits down to let the hare and badger talk.   

Xander sort of hic-up sobs as he suddenly buries his face into the hares tunic and just openly sobs. He still misses his uncle and it would seem the tavern happenings are still upsetting him as well.   

Flint just hugs the badger and lets him cry as its sometimes good to just cry sometimes and just be there for a friend.   

Patch frowns, he hates seeing any beast upset but let the hare handle it, he seems better for the job..right?   

Xander sniffs as he calms some and steps back rubbing his eyes, "I...miss him and...I ..I don't know...other things. I just want to get the chest and leave..and go elsewhere, anywhere but around here" He mutters some of this.   

Flint answers "Well tis in my room....at the mountain but we could meet up later tonight when I am off duty or tomorrow at lunch somewhere. And why de hurry to leave, you just got here didn’t you?"   

Patch says, "He is probably upset cause of what happen at the tavern...long story up ta stripy..." Yeah maybe he should of stayed quiet but hey, he has info and felt it needed said...he then decides to go into the bakery. Mm.....that wise?

Flint blinks "Wot happen at the tavern?"

Xander glares at the rat as if to say how dare he, he clears his throat “Nothing important, it’s not an issue and sure we can meet up tomorrow...maybe elsewhere than the tavern, some other place to eat or something...even the beach works"   

Patch backs up "Whoa stripy calm ya self....just know it upset you but hey your choice to mention it to the long ears, not me"   

Flint just looks between them and sighs "Just so no one was hurt, guess that’s wot is important right?"   

Xander nods "Yeah....sorry just the past...3 weeks has been rather hard with Uncle Zee dying and..couple other things, this whole chest thing is rather confusing as well but I am trying, I really really am trying to be patience and...understand...things" He sighs.   

Flint nods "I understand lad, will take time is all but friends...family can help you as well get over things, life is odd at times, sometimes darn rough and not always easy. But your get through it, trust me" He offers a smile.   

Xander frowns, he should of mentioned Zee at the tavern, but he didn’t. He looks at the hare, "I..guess just..why, why do bad things happen?"   

Patch runs out of the bakery quickly and frowns, a hare maid glares at him and slams the door almost on his tail. He pants "Some..beasts..."Yeah he shouldn’t  of tried to steal, he got caught..he glances at the badger “OH...hi....I am fine not to worry...did you happen to get more than one pasty earlier stripy...huh?"   

Flint frowns as the rat comes rushing back outside and shakes his head, "I say wot ever ya did rat...don’t do it again"   

Xander frowns, he nods and hands the rat the 2nd pastry he has and looks at Flint "He is...ok, his name is Patch and he has helped me to get here and will help me back home, he is my friend"   

Patch smiles "Friend....well course I am" He takes the pasty and eats it "Though we seriously need more coins if we stick around long"

Flint nods and looks at the rat "I am sure there is an honest way of doing it....I could pay for an inn room for one night for you both as I know ...Patch, can’t come to the mountain. And me and Xander can meet somewhere tomorrow morning...sound good?"   

Xander nods "Yes sounds good, thanks Corporal Flint"

Patch nods "Yeah....thanks, so we get whatever this chest has and go...home hopefully?"   

Xander says, "Depends on what the chest has in it or if it....=sighs= says go to where ever and maybe where ever is not home, who know" He sounds a little annoyed."   

Flint says, "Well I can say its..small so most likely a clue on where to jolly well go...course didn’t ask just stuck it in a bag and brought it with me, that you would come get it and...well guess you came"   

Patch says, "Old stripes sure made this interesting...one was buried chest, and one I had...and a couple other beasts had..wonder how many darn chests there is"

Xander frowns "Hopefully not many...least hope not as Corporal Flint clearly doesn’t have the sword one..but that=deep breath= ...ok"   

Flint says, "I am sure he had his reasons and once you finish your...well..gain something other than that sword I be sure of that"   

Xander shrugs "Maybe..I guess...I don’t..know"   

Patch looks around and towards the tavern if Stripy won’t try something, maybe he could and get grumbled at later.   

Flint smiles "I best get going....see you tomorrow Xander..ok?" He gives him some coins "And there is enough for two meals...k?"   

Xander smiles "Thanks" He gives another hug and looks to the rat "Let’s go to the inn"   

Patch nods "I will catch up later...ok Stripy..." He then heads off.   

Flint frowns "I can follow him if ya like..and" He hugs him "Be careful, Halyard isn’t always de best place to stay by one's self to long...just stay in the inn room and then go to the tavern in the morning, I will jolly well be thar trust me"   

Xander pats a blade he has, a simple one till he gets the family one "I have this...yeah follow him, see you in the morning" He goes to the inn till morning.   

Patch soon is at the tavern, not knowing a hare is trailing him and he heads inside.

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

Board footer