Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-10-24 10:13:16 AM

oz

Memories Can Be Painful-Willowbark Abbey TP

==Short little log in the Library of Redwall Abbey==

Log:
Gorvenalus
Minsc
Gorvenalus was up for most of the past day and into the night looking over the found tablet halves, even managing to find a way to make them whole again, yes there was a crack in the middle but it wasn’t too noticeable after he worked on it, then fell asleep with it beside him, but it wasn’t the best sleep....sort of restless.   

Minsc walked in, his arm in a sling from the fall a couple days ago, he slowly walked over to Gorvenalus and glaced at the tablet, frowning a little....the robes and Furyblazor was still here as he picked up his blade and looked at the symbols and signed, he could put it back in the weapons area, he forgot it was here, he left it here for studying the tablets.

Gorvenalus stirred a little, things always had a way of bringing up memories...working on this was of them as he shivered and muttered, nightmare? Fairly deep asleep still too and it would be unclear what could snap him out of it but it was clearly need.

Minsc looked at the symbols of his blade and the tablet and then frowned as he laid it down and went to the beavers side and taped his shoulder, shook him a little "Brother Gorvenalus...."He frowned, more worried maybe.."Abbot Gorvenalus....." More frowning as he shock him again to wake him, and something he rarely used in a while, yes he was adopted but it’s been so long since he used the term..."Father..."   

Gorvenalus at first pushed the hamster away and then finally opened his eyes and looked at Minsc and blinked as if at first confused at where he was, he looked around the room and then tears went down his face. "So..many....beasts..no warning..." He closed his eyes and took a couple deep breaths.   

Minsc hugged him and sighed "I...know but.." He wasn’t sure what to say, what could anyone say of that day 8 seasons ago as he shivered a little." It’s not your fault.....it never was father, you..me..no one knew Quade was far from a friend, he tricked us all."   

Gorvenalus shaked his head as he stood and walked away a few feet, " An abbot is supposed to.." He sighs" Everything happen so fast Minsc ...and during a feast no less."   

Minsc nods "I know and I was late, not that I could of helped much, I was by the overlook by the shore..saw nothing cause his friends didn’t come from that direction and they were already there when I got home...and..Alice" He frowns “I thought she was sleep at first, she wasn’t and the only thing that snapped me from her side was smoke and screaming, I just didn’t know it was that bad." He sits down “We didn’t walls...no guards..everyone was in the main hall at the time."   

Gorvenalus wipes away tears, " It’s not a day easily forgotten." He folds the robes and glances at the tablet, "I managed to get the two halves together, but the written is of seasons ago but still important to history. There is a way to translate it....the black stones in a hidden place, maybe.....one thing not destroyed that day as few knew of it."   

Minsc asks, "Like a hidden panel in the wall or floor?"   

Gorvenalus nods “Yes, a tunnel..and a hidden space at the end. It was off my quarters and even with the fire..it wouldn’t of damaged it, perhaps buried in..in" He looks away "Rubble..."   

Minsc says, "I would not mind a trip, maybe it could bring close sure"   

Gorvenalus says, "Its...4 and a half weeks after one gets to the river....whats it called" He looks at a map “River Moss...there is a small port city, like 3 days from here....well little over half a day to the river, 2 and a half from there and then 4 and a half weeks to....." He lets a couple tears fall.

Minsc finishes"Willowbark abbey"   

Gorvenalus sits down slowly, memories and the nightmare, the talking he sniffs a little crying a little.
Minsc just wraps his arms around him and stays silent..he then stepped back “I...need to put Furyblazor away I will see you after lunch" He exits the room quietly   

Gorvenalus nods after a while, after a good cry and manages a small smile "Ok son...after lunch"

**this explains what he is having a nightmare about http://forum.rwmuck.org/viewtopic.php?id=477  **

Last edited by oz (2017-10-24 10:14:16 AM)

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

Board footer