Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-10-23 06:25:12 PM

Karth Riverbark

Making Friends And Helping Out-Redwall Log

~ ~ ~In Log ~ ~ ~

Karth Riverbark-(Me) Archer in Mossflower Defenders

Benar-Abbot of Redwall

Moonbeam-Bat

~ ~ LOG~ ~ ~ ~ ~

===Old Office in Upper Floor of Redwall Abbey====
Karth was bored, he was finally able to sit up for short bits of time but was not allowed to do much else as he frowned looking around the room.   

Moonbeam was in here, one it was quiet...mostly, and she noticed the sea otter as he sleep. Seeing him move she speaks “Hello" She says in a shy voice.   

Karth blinks and his reaction is a paw to....oh yeah duhhh no weapon, he looks around "Who?" Wait did that come from....he looks up and..confused.   

Moonbeam flaps down and lands by him "I am not a ghost...worry not. I am Moonbeam I am just....here, I seem to spook beasts"   

Karth just watches her and shrugs, "Ya don’t spook me lass, and I Don’t believe in ghosts of any sort."   

Moonbeam nods "Oh...well ghosts would be scary yes. Why are you...in this room, it’s a little..." To her creepy and empty, well there is a broken chair.   

Karth says, "Karth Riverbark....and recovering, I let a vermin...I thought...was well tied up, get loose and stab me...so yeah another fail, he still had a dagger and tried to kill my friend, but the weasel meet his fate"

Moonbeam tilts her head "His fate? So the weasel was...bad?"   

Karth says, "Yes..a snake...well took him far away" Yes go with that, this bat is a kid or so he thinks "You’re a dibbun arnt ya?"   

Moonbeam says, "Yes I guess...5 seasons but soon I will not be so a dibbun, but also not grown beast either."   

Karth says, "Whatever you say so you with other..bats?"   

Moonbeam says, "No other bats...well I saw a couple others but they are not with me, I am alone being"   

Karth says, " well being alone is not good lass"   

Moonbeam frowns "Been alone couple seasons.....so use to it, then meet couple beasts. One had pin like yours." She points to the defenders pin "He was a hamster....well he is still a hamster"   

Karth nods "Minsc, you meet Minsc...that’s a surprise he is usually not one to make friends"

Moonbeam shrugs "I helped him...he and some rat fell into a hole trying to get some...stone thing with writing, it seemed important to him." She then adds "Oh he is being fine and back at abbey here...somewhere, yes somewhere."   

Karth frowns "Great...I miss all the fun. “He still has bandages on his chest and side, least he is siting up now.   

The door to the office clicks open and Benar sticks his head around it. He waves a hand back and forth to try and dispel some of the dust, "Oh... good afternoon you two, I thought I heard voices in here. It's... Karth isn't it? And... Moonbeam? Sorry am I interrupting?"

Moonbeam says, "I Do not think it as being fun..."She waves a wing at the abbot "Hello...oh yes that is me, Moonbeam..."   

Karth shakes his head "No...sir not interrupting...and yes my name is Karth Riverbark...sort of been...stuck recovering."   

Benar says, "Well it is nice to meet you at last Karth, everyone has been talking about how helpful you have been and I have been a bit snowed under with the tail end of harvest." He opens the door fully, "If neither of you are busy could you give me a hand looking for something in the attic?"

Moonbeam smiles "I could look and help..." She looks at the otter, is he able to do much.   

Karth frowns" Helpful? How....a weasel got away cause of me foolishness and could of easily of almost killed someone else of...more importantance."   

Benar shakes his head, "He was an evil creature by the sounds of it Karth. He would likely have injured anybeast trying to hold him captive." He gestures, "Do not let that weigh you down my young friend. I could really do with a hand in the attic however."   

Moonbeam nods "A bad beast now gone away"   

Karth sighs "I could..try to help a little" Not sure how well, still need to take it easy" By a lot.   

Benar smiles "Indeed as Moonbeam says that beast is gone," He gestures toward the loft hatch, "It shouldn't be strenuous, just need some extra eyes is all."   

Moonbeam looks up as she goes to help open it, if help is needed that is or she will just look for something.   

Karth slowly stands and is fairly steady on his footpaws and is able to stand. He takes a couple steps slowly, heck a little walking may be good for him ."Just so no healers.....have a fit over this"   

The hatch clicks open and the ladder built into the inside of it clicks down, sliding on runners until it is in place, "It may be a bit dusty up there and don't worry about the healers. They mean well but Leon and Angela are both a bit... overzealous. Mother always said activity heals the soul whilst the body is repairing itself."   

RW Abbey:Attic
----------------------
It is extremely dark and gloomy in here.  Below your feet paws, you can feel a shape in the floor; it's roughly rectangular.  Upon closer inspection, you see that it is the trap door.  The dust is thick in here, and your movements disturb it.  The grey stuff rises in clouds.  It makes you sneeze and cough.
Standing still, the dust slowly settles again.  Your eyes become accustomed to the darkness, and you can make out a grey thin light towards your right.  Feeling along the wall, your searching paws feel a gap.  You can probably squeeze through it.
--------------------------------

Moonbeam stays clear of the steps and then heads upwards and blinks as she looks around   

Benar climbs up into the attic and then lights the lantern he had left out in the hall just for this trip. He holds it up as it illuminates the boxes and chests and covered stands of old furniture, "Redwall Abbey's attic... runs across the entire length of the living wing and cloister roof."   

Karth follows. more slowly than the others but he gets up here "A lot of stuff up here...and a lot of space to find whatever ya looking for sir"   

Moonbeam asks, "Many many things are here, why do you seek to find?"

Benar holds up his habit and looks around as the lantern catchers the light, "I am looking for a specific chest, rosewood with silver clasps and a rose pattern around the lock," he smiles at the otter and bat, "And I am seeking what is inside of it. It is for Xander and Krishna’s wedding."   

Karth shrugs "Weddings....never been to one but I can help look. Not sure I will go...how is Xander anyways?"   

Moonbeam looks around, she can see a bit better in the dark as she flies around "Too many chests there is up here"   

Benar says, "There are quite a lot of them, we have a habit of not throwing things away when we really should," He opens one box and lifts out a clamshell and opens it and frowns, "No this isn't it."He Smiles "And Xander is fine to answer the one question earlier"

Karth nods "Well never know when could be important for later." He looks at a chest and finds a couple old books and coughs some "Like books"   

Moonbeam looks around "More than one of rosewood....lot of cherry wood"   

Benar says, "Books are good," he peers at them, "We should take those down to the library when we are done." He glances at Moonbeam, "oooh well if you have seen some rosewood point them out to me and I will try the key," he fishes out a key, "It will unlock the right one eventually I hope"

Karth chuckles a little, least he feels useful helping to look for something. "Still a lot here, all I ever had was a knapsack of stuff"   

Moonbeam nods and smiles when she finds a couple beside each others "These are rosewood, yes they are"   

Benar nods to Karth, "More than I ever had, I had the clothes I was wearing and that was about it most of the time," He walks over to Moonbeam and kneels down to try his key on the first lock, "Thank you Moonbeam"   

Karth watches to see if the key will work or not" I..was always a wanderer, me and me friend Flea"   

Moonbeam smiles "Shall I keep looking or was in found already for what is needed?"   

Benar stands up and shakes his head, "These two aren't it, so we best keep looking," He then smiles at Karth, "Well my life was... interesting, I was a slave then an adopted son then I was a Supply Corporal in Southward and then I came to the abbey"

Karth says, "Well....interesting, can't say my life been perfect, though not so much a...well guess I would get paid to hunt beasts down before I came to this area"

Moonbeam sighs as she looks some more and then circles one chest with some silver on it and smiles "This could be it...or this one that has flowers on it"   

Benar says, "Ah flowers sounds right," He hurries over to the chest Moonbeam, indicates and tries the key. It clicks open and the squirrel places his hand son it, "Well Karth it has been a life and that is the most important thing of all, to have a life," he opens the chest and peers inside, "Yes, this is it."

Karth nods "I don’t hunt beasts, well not in the same way. I should also learn to...better listen, not be eager to question a vermin just to get info...that almost ended badly" He then looks over to see what it is that’s in the chest.   

Moonbeam smiles "This is good...yes we found it, umm what is it anyways?"       

Benar lifts out a small silver bell, he holds it up and taps it with one claw so it chimes softly, he then pulls out a bigger bell, "The rose bells, Joseph the Bellmaker made them, they are a set of musical instruments, bells of several different sizes upon which you play music."   

Karth smiles "Music is always nice for a wedding or so I heard. So the wedding is soon my guess"       

Moonbeam says, "Music is very nice indeed it is I DO hope its soon I am unsure how I Will be around, but your abbey is very nice"

Benar says, "I am glad you are enjoying the abbey," He puts the bells back in the box and picks it up, "You are welcome to stay as long as you like, you both are."

Karth says, "Guess I will have to ask Xander and Krisha when the wedding is, it should be soon this time of year it’s very pretty and some leaves are still on trees in their autumn colors, and no snow yet"

Moonbeam says, "I am unsure I like snow or cold"

Benar says, "Well Moonbeam if you do not wish to venture into the snow and cold stay here until Spring." He starts back toward the ladder, "And Karth I am sure the wedding will be when they are ready for it to happen."

Karth says, "Makes since and I am sure all will know when it’s mentioned"   

Moonbeam says, "weddings do need planning"   

Benar says, "Of course, I am sure it'll be a great wedding, I look forwards to seeing what they come up with. So shall we vacate the attic now?"

Karth nods "Yes I do need some sleep after all....and dinner"   

Moonbeam asks, "Sleep? Now...oh yes most sleep soon I am up late usually"   

Benar says, "Well rest well Karth and if you ever want someone to talk to late in the evening Moonbeam I tend to stay up late reading in my study"

Karth nods “Yes…sir…goodnight” He goes to slowly get back to his cot, but then thinks and stays where he is till the Abbot gets down.

Moonbeam helps to carry or least watch to make sure the Abbot doesn’t fall “That would be lovely, it would.”

Benar makes his way down, “Was there something you needed Karth?”

Karth nods “Permission to sleep elsewhere, The infirm would be fine if healers need to keep an eye on me a few days, It would be fine…and some hot root if thar be any?”

Benar smiles “I shall have someone bring you some and I am sure the infirm would be much better than that old office and a much better place to heal and rest, it looks like you can get around a short few paces.”

Moonbeam watches the otter curious and then looks at the abbot.”Maybe we talk tonight? We can talk of the stars and of glowing bugs which are nice to look at only”

Benar chuckles “That sounds like a good talk, We can have some tea and scones in my office. And goodnight Karth, I do hope you stay in the area, you as well Moonbeam…”

Karth nods “I..will think on it sir.” He then heads to bed, he needs some sleep.

Last edited by Karth Riverbark (2017-10-26 06:10:07 AM)

My spoofs:Atvi...and Alts=
Ewan Benjamin Delaney Tanner Mosswell Jahveri- LP Hare Fighter/Private and Residential Redwall Abbey Hare
Dearil-Archer/Fighter/Assassin in Blackrose

Board footer