Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-10-22 04:43:25 PM

oz

The Tablets Are Important-Recorder Log

Log:
Gorvenalus-Recorder of Redwall Abbey
Xander-Leader of Mossflower Defenders
Patch-rat
Minsc-Warrior and Healer in Mossflower Defenders

RW Abbey: Entry
------------------------------------------------------------
You stand on a grassy sward between two cottages.  To the south you see a small, calm pond.  To the north lies an open space where the Abbey has its feasts in the warmer seasons. To the east is the Great Hall, a massive structure that rises far above the abbey walls and is completed with large towers that pierce upwards into the sky.  The main building is completed with a large, iron banded door that would allow one into the Great Hall. 

Coolness has swept into the air now, bringing with it the autumn leaves of the orchards.  Coating the trails that lace and move through the dying grass and flowers.  Regardless of the death of plants, the area is beautiful in it's gold and orange season.  The abbey is sporting the colors in full pride.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Minsc had never ridden a bird before, didn’t mean he was afraid to though as he carefully slide off Silver's back and sat on the steps to the rampets holding his left arm, on the same arm the shoulder was swollen.   

Gorvenalus was already in the entry, upon seeing Minsc he hurried over "Minsc, what the seasons has happen?" He sounded concerned.   

The rat Patch frowned as he slowly got to the ground, he watched as the eagle flew off and held his bent tail"Didnt the long ear tell ya, or did we beat the hare here?"   

Minsc frowns "With that birds bad direction skills...."He sighs at Gorvenalus "Fell into some sub-basement of sorts thanks to some rotting floorboards where me and Patch was, my shoulder was out of place but I knocked it back in place and may of, maybe a little, further damaged my arm...think it’s broken"

Gorvenalus listened and shaked his head "Always hated when you did that son...and Zolomon was here, with Brother Leon I did not see what was the issue only that Angela yelled and he was pulled into the gatehouse and that Dorarose was worried or seemed worried...then a little peeved off."He examines the arm and nods "Yes..broken, now need a splint and bandages...Patch would you please?"   

Patch frowned and then sighed "Yeah yeah....the mouse maid was upset?" He had a guess at him, but maybe not..he would know soon enough as he left and came back with a splint, bandages, and an apple..hey he is hungry.

Minsc stayed very still, he spoke "Brother Leon got a..think called rope burn, not too bad donor think but...yeah he should be fine and dandy in due time." He waits till the splint is on before he speaks "I...found something father."   

Gorvenalus looks at Minsc as he finishes up, "Found what?"   

Patch answers "I found...lead him to them, well it...a tablet that was broke in half, the hare has them most likely/" He frowns "Umm...me bent tail, ya helping it?"   

Minsc glares at the rat, and then looks back to Gorvernalus "It had symbols on it, same as Furyblazor and...your robes too I believe"   

Gorvenalus quietly turns "Symbols? Where was it found?" He steps back and taps a novice “Please have Zolomon bring the tablet halves to me in the library, thanks"   

Minsc says, "In an abanded old building, like a church or meeting place maybe"       

==Few Hours Later==
RW Abbey: Library
The library has never looked better in seasons as shelves have been
repaired and so have tables and chairs. The once empty sleeves now
have more books in them and not only that the books are in an ABC
order and arranged by subject  to better find what one is looking for.
The beautifully crafted windows are well cleaned.

This gives the library plenty of light during the daylight hours. The
room has a high vaulted ceiling. The flagstones of the floor are cool
and smooth, and echoes are sometimes heard when beasts walk. Brass
lamps containing short, fat little white candles provide enough light
for reading. Some books are still being mended but being working on
getting on the shelves. The backroom is even very clean and organized
as well. Books were found in the attic and some from Ferravale were
added that the Ferravale beast had maybe two copies of something so
gave Redwall one of the copies for the Redwall library, all in all a
lot of hard work has done wonders for the library.

On an Oakwood desk is the charter laying inside a clear glass case for
all to see. The glass case keeps it safe and clean. Some other chairs
large and small, wooden and soft, have been placed in varies places
in the library and a pile of covers and blankets sit in one corner
with a few pillows as well.

Gorvenalus was in the library carefully looking over the two halves of the tablet Zolomon had brought in for him. He cleaned his glasses and placed them back on his nose as he looked over the tablet again and was using a rag to carefully clean it off and showing more symbols and designs.

Minsc walked into the library and stood beside the Recorder quietly. His arm was bandaged and splinted, and in a sling.   

Xander was free from the infirm, with the promise of taking it easy. He came to the library to read when he see the other two "Oh...hi" He said quietly “Everything ok here....whats that?" He went to get a closer look, though bandages covered half his face, as well as an area of his arm still healing, yellowish bruised were still here and there on him as well, he was still sore a little in face but he felt a lot better than he did a week and a half ago in fact   

Gorvenalus waves as he studies the tablet "Ancient...somewhat familiar writing that was found"   

Minsc smiles when he sees Xander "Xander my friend, I am glad to see you up and about my friend"   

Xander smiles "Yeah still sore but recovering and ancient writing can be....neat, like badger scipe, mon could read it "   

Gorvenalus says, "I never seen badger script, maybe one day I will see it"

Minsc says, "sounds like something only badgers would write or read"   

Xander says, "It is, but not all badgers read it....my Uncle couldn’t read it, the one time he did he wasn’t sure how he understood it at all, also my grandfather may of wrote it but he doesn’t remember he did....well when he was alive he wrote a small bit on the bells when they were foxed up"

Gorvenalus nods, he then speaks "Minsc, please get Furyblazor." He leaves only to get his old abbot robes from Willowbark and spreads them out. "If asked it’s for something important and can be put back afterwards"   

Minsc blinks "If you are saying so Gorvenalus" He heads off to get his blade and brings it back. “Here"   

Xander looks over the tablet halves "There is a couple things that seem the same on the tablets and blade...even robes too"   

Gorvenalus eyes widen a little, "You are right Xander, but this is...impossible, but then there was one, but it was seasons upon seasons ago way before me even"   

Minsc frowns, "Whats impossible?"   

Xander shrugs, it’s not like he understands all this at all. “Something maybe, do you understand any of this Minsc?"   

Gorvenalus quietly studies the tablets and lays the blade beside them, and looks at the robe, "Oh my...my goodness" He smiles as it seems this is exciting for him “It is possible, yes!" He chuckles as if happy and carefully wipes off more of the tablet, smiles more...frowns once, even wipes away a tear.

Minsc looks confused as he shrugs at the badger "I am not knowing my friend, I truly am not"   

Xander remains quiet as to not disturb the beaver, least till he gets too curious "Brother Gorvenalus....everything ok? What does the tablet say?"   

Gorvenalus smiles "No I have no clue what it says, but I know a way TOOOOOOOO know what it says, but it would require a trip" He then starts to frown, "A trip, I mean what I seek...what I need wouldn’t of been destroyed, it was somewhat hidden and protected and few knew where it was"   

Minsc asks, "Knew where what was? A trip? Trip to where?"

Xander asks, "A trip could be good but to where? It is autumn now and soon snow falls as winter comes. That also reminds me you missed the autumn feast, I had news"

Gorvenalus smiles "I heard as I am the Recorder now...you and Krisha are to be wed soon, if her father is to come it should be very soon and congrats by the way" He smiles "And a trip to the ruins of Willowbark Abbey, from here....let’s see, there is a port city call Collinsten think, almost a week away and from the sea 4 and a half weeks to the seacoast island where the ruins are..maybe a couple days added to the trip." He sighs suddenly feeling his age “But the costs would..perhaps it’s a loss..." Tears go down his face.   

Minsc lays a paw on the beaver's shoulder "It’s NOT a loss cause father, I myself refuse to let it be so...if answers lie there to better understand the tablets, if this is part of..our history, think of it....and it’s all we have left of our once grand home, we should do our best to recover what we cab and put aside for others to learn of and remember for the future as a place that was once alive with beasts before it was taken down and....we do not dwell on things as such, maybe prove Quade did not mess up ALL Of our history, even if the beasts here know not of this long forgotten place, we have them learn it as well"

Xander says, "learning history of far off places in good...in fact there was an abbey before Redwall...Lomhedge think and beasts managed to learn a little of it, yes it was connected to Redwall past but that doesn’t mean we can’t know and learn of lands over the different seas"

Gorvenalus says, "yes history is important but..."   

Minsc says, "But nothing you...we need to do this, we can travel and then come back here"   

Xander looks between his friends "A trip like that sounds long, I mean Salamandastron  is 3 weeks....half that if get on the river moss to go there."   

Gorvenalus sighs “It’s....the boat part...oh it matters not" He finishes dusting off the tablets and cleaning them   

Minsc watches and then “It does matter and we are going and others can tag along. An adventure my friends, it would be grand. We get a map...plan and go and return again. Beasts have gone on trips before"   

Xander smiles "Yeah to Salamandastron, my uncle even went to the snowy northlands a short while and returned, he had this eagle group take his body back to Send when he died cause his ancestors are there...well most are, Uncle Zork is buried here and Uncle Oz will be when he dies, all other family is in Send valley...well mom is here but she wasn’t from snowy northlands and lived here most of her life, she could of been buried where her mate lived, a place overseas also but he let her be buried in the abbey so her friends and whats left of family...me and Uncle Oz, could visit her graveside so I know how important history is and ancestors and all that, Also how you look at things, like why grandfather choose to be buried here not Send...family mainly and he was blacksmith and a brother in the order and Uncle Oz been here....well ...long LONG LONG time and is badger mom, well papa Oz"

Gorvenalus smiles as he listens and wipes away a couple tears “Yes maybe work on a way to make the trip Mince, but who would come along for such a long trip?"   

Minsc says, "whomever wished to come along"       

Xander smiles "I would go, things are peaceful again and it could be like a vacation and I would bring Krisha and maybe some other Mossflower Defenders could come too, some would stay here and make sure all was well.”   

Gorvenalus smiles “Thanks my friends, it may be sad to see Willowbark again but...maybe it’s a way for close sure as well" He looks to Minsc quietly.   

Minsc frowns, he then slowly nods "Maybe..I do not know" He never felt at home anywhere since Willowbark and Willowbark was...nothing now, it couldn’t be anything but a place of painful memories and bare walls, weeds and rocks now but he would go for his former Abbot...for his father he would go, "WE figure out a plan, and then we do this" He then heads to his room without another word.

Xander asks, "Was he going to be ok?"   

Gorvenalus sighs "I do not know, I hope so, he has been through so much...some I do not even know as Quade had captured me when I went to look for Minsc and used me as bait to capture Minsc, we were captive for a good over 4 seasons///5 maybe I am unsure as lost count in the many cells and places Quade keep us, I do know the destruction of our home was 8 seasons ago...well almost 8 seasons ago and finding some small trace of its former history, a small link even is emotional"   

Xander frowns and hugs the beaver "I don’t know what I would think if all I ever knew was suddenly taken from me forever..I probably would of just died, but you and Minsc didn’t, you stayed strong and that’s good and you helped make sure the same thing didn’t happen to Redwall, to Mossflower"   

Gorvenalus says, "You are right. I wish Minsc seen that and maybe he does, I..I don’t know. He never truly smiles, yes he has a smile once in a while but it’s not a true one, his true smile was many seasons ago"   

Xander says, "Maybe the trip would help, maybe being in his...your old home would help as I don’t think it would make it worse..would it?"   

Gorvenalus says, "I do not think it would become worse, no, we could make a memorial there perhaps as a way to honor those whose lives were loss"   

Xander nods "That sounds nice.a memorial and a few words said"

Gorvenalus says, "Are you sure you want to come, shouldn’t you stay here...you do have a wedding to plan"   

Xander says, "That may be fairly soon, before colder weather comes I just have to speak to the abbot more on it, so Ferro can come you see and it would be nice to be married before a long trip"

Gorvenalus says, "I would gladly do the ceomoney but I am unable to now but I will come and record it in the abbey logs, as for what to do while I am gone I am sure someone can keep logs up to date for me"

Xander says, "I am sure someone would, mom was away almost a couple seasons and someone kept them up to date for her and she even keep some logs of travels and added them to the logs, you could do that as well maybe"

Gorvenalus says, "perhaps"   

Xander asks, "Things will be fine, should I try and find Minsc and talk with him, see if he is ok?"   

Gorvenalus nods "Yes...do that Xander, I need to do some more studying"   

Xander nods"Alright...then I will see you at dinner"   

Gorvenalus nods "Yes I may be a little late though going to write some logs down alright"   

Xander nods and he slips out to find Minsc   

Gorvenalus nods as he watches the badger leave and then sits down to write, he finishes and lays the quill pen aside and stands, he walks to a quiet corner and sits on the pillows and...then cries softly. He ends up falling asleep here and being fairly late to dinner.

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

Board footer