Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-10-05 12:42:56 PM

oz

Messenger's Epic Fail-The Remnant Log

Log: I spoofed Miles speaking with Bandit….things don’t go as he thought they would.

FV:Guardhouse:Head Guard Office
Large enough to hold a desk and a wooden cabinet designed to hold scrolls, this office lacks much of the grandeur that accompanies the title.
The desk and padded chair of the head guard is positioned  on the left of the office, allowing the occupant to see the rooms only window. Positioned above the wall opposite is a large snarling eel head stuffed and mounted in such a way that it's the first thing anyone sees upon entering the room.
If the head guard is not in he may be buried alive under the mountain of paperwork that engulfs the desk, even spilling onto the floor around it.

Miles was given a job to do, he looked around the village and soon came up to the office of the head guard and knocked on the door and waited for a reply.

Bandit was given a job too. To safeguard the village and plan out their defenses. It appears to be going well, given how the fox is sleeping with his head on the desk. "I'm awake! I'm awake!" Bandit jerks up to his seat, a scroll still attached to the side of his face. He sighs, rubbing his eyes. "It's open. Come in."

Miles frowns, this is who his leader wanted to try and join them? He sighs and enters the office as he looks the fox up and down" You have got to be kidding me" He mutters "You’re the Head Guard of this place?"

"All day today." Bandit laughs. "Pardon the mess, I..." The fox pauses, realizing that he does not actually have to explain why his office is a mess after all. "Come on in. What brings you by the office of the head guard? If you have a crime to report then you bring it up to Milly the squirrel. She's at the desk in the far corner. If you wish to volunteer to be a guard I think... Rolf is in... possibly..."

Miles just smirks as he closes the door "I come with a....offer...to leave this job and work for my boss. You could get gold and...well slaves to boss around" He grins "We even have the leader of the Mossflower Defenders captive, maybe we could add another leader with your help...what do you say?"

Bandit, to his credit, only raises an eyebrow. Surely the fox must be joking. Surely. But he can see the seriousness in his eyes. He take s a deep breath. "Close the door," He says while producing a bottle of wine from his desk. He pours two cups, sliding one to the fox.
"You have Xander, you say?"
Miles  had already closed the door, "I am sent here by my leader, Escpise of the Remnant...and yes we have captive and in chains Xander Winters...a gift from one who betrayed him, who most likely is spending her h=gold as we speak, he is without his blade as it was loss....but no matter, he is far more...valuable"

The fatter, older fox nods his head. "I see. And your boss... Eclipse... she wants me to join HER." Bandit takes a stiff swig from his wine. "What would she have me do, and for how much?"

Miles nods “That is correct..simply turn your back on this...think the guards follow you, and you join us our ranks grow as we are low on members right now, we have a base but seek...more"

"Really now?" The fox gets up, slowly from his seat. "I can see it now. To finally be rid of that adorable, crazy kitten and end the Scioto line. Once and for all." he goes to wrap an arm around the fox's shoulder.

"I must say, you must be really bold, to come in here to the enemy encampment and try to bribe their head guard into turning against his master. We of course have rules about shooting the messenger, apparently beasts find it improper." Bandit laughs, "I have to wonder though, what were you planning on doing if I said, no?" Bandit lets the fox answer as he finishes glass of wine.

Miles just smirks "Seems I Don’t have to worry as it seems you have said yes and I go where I want. My name is Miles, one of the best fighters my leader has/ I Do not know whom Scioto is, but does it matter? So..what is it you would like to do now?"

"Well, Miles." Bandit grins deviously, his paw tightening on the fox's shoulder, "What I want... is to be a decent beast and let a fellow fox go. Because I do believe it wrong to kill a messenger." The wine glass falls from Bandit's paw, replaced by his dagger.

In one fluid motion he rams the blade into the fox's belly. "But, I'm not a decent beast. I'm a monster who just so happens to work for the good guys. And now I have to make an example out of you. Just in case anyone else on my guard staff considers 'looking the other way' when you come marching in." He flicks the blade upward, as one does to a fish. "Don't worry, I'll make sure your master gets the message too." Bandit releases the messenger.

Miles grin is suddenly replaced by a look of shock and surprise as he looks at Bandit, in too much pain to try and scream out, too surprised to try and get loose, as the dagger goes up the fox's eyes cloud over in death mist and he falls backwards as he is let go of. The floor now has a lot of blood on it, as does this messenger fox. It seems Miles is...very much dead now.

The fat head guard shakes his head in disgust. "A shame... so much wasted potential." He steps out into the office. Flagging down one of his guards, "Milly? Oh! Milly. You're not the squeamish sort, right? Good. I need you to get a detail together and clean up the dead body left in my office. Find a good for nothing beast willing to tan it and hang it's hide over the battlements. Think you can do that? You're eyes are glazing over. Good. Now if you excuse me, I need to meet the chieftess..."

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

#2 2017-10-05 02:58:42 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

Re: Messenger's Epic Fail-The Remnant Log

Blisa was thrilled at this news! tongue

She fully supports tanning Mile's hide (but is sorry that it can't be a rug right now), and she asked about ballistas.  And whatever else Bandit needed to talk about.  She is not thrilled.....especially since it's getting too cold for reptiles to be out and about, so she can't ride Basilisk into war sad

Cool log xD

#3 2017-10-06 05:35:39 PM

The_Brony_Marek

Re: Messenger's Epic Fail-The Remnant Log

Love this log!

Board footer