Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-10-05 05:18:23 PM

oz

The Abbot Get's Updated-Redwall Log

RW Abbey: Great Hall
The Great Hall of Redwall Abbey. Countless paw falls have echoed from these stones, and untold numbers of feasts and merry gatherings have been held here.  A table, not nearly so grand or large as its predecessors, but quite functional for mealtimes, rests near the center of the hall. Chairs exist here aplenty, and they are all of a matching set. High above, the stain glass windows give the Great Hall a beautiful appearance.  The glasswork is exceptionally done, crafted by a skilled artist.  The floor is clean and swept. A fire is kept burning in the fireplace at almost all times of the day and night, and there are several more comfortable chairs and cushions set up here, of varying sizes. One looks large enough to easily accommodate a badger.

The Tapestry hangs proud and tall, and while the rest of Redwall may still bear the scars of natural disaster, this most famous of Redwall's relics remains unharmed by beast, time, or the elements. The figure of Martin the Warrior seems to be watching over his own with an unchanging, kindly gaze.

Soft light is slowly beginning to filter in through the stained glass windows high above your head.

Log:
Oz-Papa Oz and Dibbun Caretaker of Redwall
Angela-Healer
Dorarose-Gatekeeper of Redwall Abbey
Benar-Abbot of Redwall
Emyuil-Mouse warrior
Leon-Master Healer of Redwall
Krisha-Badgermom in Training
spoffed dibbuns, other spoofrf abbey beasts

Oz is sitting in his chair, his leg is probed up and knee bandaged still. He is supposed to be laying down but agaist his and others better judgement, he got up and limped down here to lecture a few dibbuns who was trying to dye tunics pink, only one managed to get pink the other tunics were saved by an abbey Brother, One Brother Tony. Oz then sat down and did a quick counting lesson with beads and then sent the dibbuns off for reading and writing lessons.   

But the badger's absence did not go unnoticed up in the Infirmary! From the stairwell can be heard Angela's infuriated voice. "Where is that badger?! 'E better not be with the Dibbuns...."   

Oz raises an eyebrow, well he isn’t with them at this moment ,he was and will be again soon most likely as he just puts away a couple things in a basket at his side. He knows she sounds a little moody, maybe he can pretend to be asleep and she will go away.

Entering the room, Angela glares around grumpily, then, spotting the badger, hobbles over to him, not bothering to try and be silent. She knows that it won't work, and, besides, she needs to lean on her staff. Her walk is much more quiet than almost everyone else's still; her last name isn't Quietfeet for nothing. "Oz, y'little whippersnapper, I know ye're not asleep!"   

Oz speaks quietly "I am taller than you are...little. hmmmph" He does sit up better "What did you need Angela?" He would get up but his knee hurts.   

Yes, the mouse is much smaller than the badger, but she is still waving her staff in his face. "/I/ don't need anythin' other than respect. /You/, however, need to be layin' down in the Infirmary! Y' 'ave probably made the injury in yer knee worse, y'little nincompoop! Ye're as bad as yer brother! Obstinate badgers," she adds in a grumble.   

Oz sighs "Relax...and I am not going to the infirm, the dibbuns need me and right now Krisha is not able to really help as she is too worried about Xander. There is Sister Ginny and she is with them now for reading and writing, besides...I -HATE- the infirm, always did."   

Scowling, Angela bangs the end of her staff down on the floor. "Well, then at least stay in yer room until Leon and I give you clearance to get up. Y'need to rest and stay in bed, Oz! Ye're not young anymore." Sighing, the elderly Healer sits in a nearby chair. "Huh, look at us, 2 old relics, sittin' around arguin' like an old married couple while the young beasts take our places." Sighing, Angela rubs her forehead. "Would you be willing to do bed rest in yer room where y'can still do some o' the lessons with th' little ones?"   

Oz sighs as he hears the staff and starts to reply as he then just listens. He goes to position his leg in better position and then tries to hide the fact...that hurt and a lot as he frowns and leans back in the chair...well it’s a little more comfortable, and sadly hurting again as he mutters bout cold weather before speaking" My bed is more.....comfortable but I may be needed for other things as well. That weasel that was in the office....he got away, not sure what is being done on that as there was some hope of finding out a couple things from him...." Well that failed, but could of been worse as he frowns in thought, what if someone else had went to chat with the weasel. He had thought of it himself.   

Shaking her head, Angela says firmly, "YOU are to stay in bed, Oz. Look at that, y'can't even move it without it hurtin'!" Leaning forward, the old Healer adds, "Y'won't be a 'elp to anybeast if you permanently injure yer knee. If anybeast needs to talk to you, they can come visit ya in yer room. But if y'won't go along with this bedrest, I'm gonna be forced to drug ya and 'ave y'dragged back to the Infirmary. Neither one of us wants that." Thinking of the sea otter in his deep faint, she goes quiet. She's doing everything she can to keep him alive, but she's not perfect.   

Oz sighs, "Fine....I will stay in my bed, least I can sit up some in bed. My knee seriously dislikes me, just hope it’s not too long till can just walk with it again" He has trouble enough in winter, he doesn’t need it now.   

Angela nods. "Aye, I don't see any problem with y'sitting up, just try to not walk. And I'm afraid I'm unsure o' 'ow much longer it'll take for your knee to heal." Sighing again, she rubs an eye.   

Oz nods "Guess the pains of...being old" He frowns, but he does chuckle a little" Though I DO wish I could of seen the look on that..what was the name, Loosefang?..The look on his face when I flipped him over and knocked him out on the road."   

Smiling slightly, Angela nods. "Aye, I bet it was beautiful. Only morons underestimate blind beasts." Stretching a little, she leans back in her chair. "Want some tea? I can put in the additive I use to help cut the pain and swelling in my joints."   

Oz chuckles a little as he leans back in the chair, as the tea is offered he nods "Yeah, tea would be fine." He still hates not walking around but fine, he will sit.."How is...Karth by the way?" He is curious, he only heard a little of what happen.   

Angela nods and stands creakily. "Karth is....well, 'e's still in a deep faint. Lemme go get the tea, and then I'll say more." She hobbles off to the kitchen to ask for a large pot of tea and a couple of mugs.

Benar walks in from outside, shaking out his habit and murmuring to Elmef, the two stay by the doors for a moment then separate and Benar walks over toward the fireplace. He stands there, hands held out, warming himself, "It is getting cold out there, so what mischief are you getting up to Oz? Should you be down here?"   

Oz nods as he hears Benar enter he speaks "I am fine Benar just will need to rest so my knee recovers better and I know it’s getting colder now, another thing my knee will dislike soon"   

Angela has not returned yet, but a Novice can be seen running out of the kitchen and up the stairs, ignoring everyone. He may or may not have sassed her and not been helped by anybody. Meanwhile, the fire here in Great Hall needs another log.   

Krisha walks in slowly, she has been quiet today and a couple dibbuns are following her as she did day she would help with them. She sits by the steps going towards the library.   

Benar shakes his head and smiles at Oz and reaches out to pat him on the hand, "Oh you, well you rest up and don't go doing anything stupid! This is going to delays our trip to the spice market however, which is most annoying. I don't want to go without you"   

Oz frowns "I almost forgot about that....I am sorry Benar"   

Angela comes back into the Great Hall, pulling a trolley laden with a large teapot, 2 teacups, and snacks....but then seeing the new arrivals, she takes it back into the kitchen for a few moments. Returning, she brings enough cups and snacks for everyone. This is the biggest teapot in the Abbey that she could find, however, so she can only hope that there's enough for everyone. "Well, 'ello, Benar, Krisha, little ones. Come join Oz and me for tea." Leaning heavily on her staff and tugging along the trolley, the elderly mouse heads over to the fireplace and sits in a chair with a faint groan and a sigh. There's also honey and greensap milk to add to the tea if they're so inclined.   

Krisha just frowns" I ....don't want tea I just....." She sighs looking at the wall, she isn’t in the best mood right now.   

Emyuil enters the Great Hall from the middle floor at about the same time Angela enters the kitchen for the second time. "I can help with..." he trails off as she handles it herself, returning before he has a chance to intervene. "...that." he finishes lamely   

Benar stands with his back to the fireplace, warming his legs, he chuckles at Emyuil, "You should know better than to try and help Angela with something Emyuil, she's more likely to whap you over the ears for implying she's too old to do it herself then accept help." he smiles at Angela then shifts to pick up the fire-poker, "And it is ok OZ, we are in no rush to go to the spice market. it's not like our trade goods are going anywhere and the market is always open."   

Oz nods "I know..." He frowns as he hears Krisha and of course he can't stand, well he could but he doesn’t as to avoid being wacked by Angela's staff, "Krisha...you ok?"   

Angela will hit Oz if he gets up. Hang the Abbey rules! But for now she just pours tea for everyone, but lets them add their own things. She then makes some very sweet tea in little wooden mugs for the Dibbuns, adds some special pain relieving powder to her and Oz's teas, then hobbles over to the badger maid. "'Ere, little ones, take these and go play with yer friends," she says as she hands the Dibbuns their tea. She tries to rest a paw on the badger maid’s shoulder. "Come, 'Oney, and join us. What's wrong?" She does have a pretty good idea, but she also knows that it helps to talk, sometimes. She gives her grandson a small smile and gestures for him to get his tea.   

Krisha lets a few tears escape as she looks at the mouse maid as the two dibbuns run off, one giggles and another tries to make it sugar with a little tea till a novice stops them and they wail, they wanted their tea sugar.    Krisha only glances at the dibbuns as she speaks "Worried bout Xander....maybe he wouldn’t of been out when he was....if I had just answered his question sooner and now he may never...never know my answer"   

Emyuil, laughing at Benar's apt statement, moves to the cart and retrieves his tea, adding enough milk that it's still fairly warm, but not too to drink. He adds a modest amount of sugar and heads over to sit by the fire.   

Benar accepts his tea and adds honey and stirs it in slowly, he grins at Emyuil then turns to look at Krisha and frowns, "I am sure Xander is fine, I think he can take care of himself my dear... so Angela when do you think Oz can join me on a field trip to the spice market? I need someone healthy and huge to pull the cart"   

Oz frowns, "I am sure you can hopefully let him know soon" His knee is feeling a little better but it’s not like he will walk with it in the next day or two.   

Angela sighs. "I'm sorry, Sweet'eart. But you can't blame yerself; it was 'is decision to leave." She turns to answer the Abbot, but then she is interrupted by a voice from the doorway outside. "It doesn't matter how healthy Oz is, Benar," DoraRose says as she closes the door and walks over to the fireplace. "As Gatekeeper, I forbid you from leaving. The Mossflower Defender's base has been taken over by some beasts calling themselves 'The Remnant' -- apparently they're what's left of Quade's horde. Xander is one of their captives. I'm sorry, but your trip is going to have to wait." She is in her black fighting outfit, complete with her mottled cloak because it's cold outside.

Krisha frowns, she then tries to think on something else "Maybe Father could....help if the spices are needed soon"   

Emyuil finishes his tea a bit quicker than he would've liked to once he hears DoraRose's announcement. He stands up slowly and stretches "Right, are we headin' out right now?"

Benar turns to look towards DoraRose and frowns then puts down his tea cup, "Oh just... flaming..." He eyes the dibbuns and just attacks the fire vigorously to avoid swearing, he then turns back to the room and looks at DoraRose, "Seal the gates, all of them, no one goes out without my express permission. I'll need you to take charge of keeping the abbey safe until we can speak to Magramba and see about rescuing Xander," he sighs and thumps down into his chair and waves the fire poker into the air, "Why can't we have one season without vermin invading, kidnapping, or generally doing evil," He sighs and shakes his head, "Thank you for the offer Krisha, but we need to transport a lot of surplus foodstuffs to the market, it's not just a case of darting up to grab spices. If we try to move a massive caravan of food to Market it'll be like lighting a single fire that reads, Here we are, come steal all our things."   

Oz sighs “We had their 2nd in command....till he got away." He frowns" I am unsure why Karth wanted to try and question him....but too late to figure that out now. The weasel could of just as easily hurt someone else and...could of ended worse than what did happen."   

DoraRose nods. "Some of the other Defenders are here; they've gotten the help of Ferravale already, since the Defender's base is so close to the village. Since I know them, may I let them leave when we're ready to attack the base? All the Abbey guards will be staying here." She refrains from mentioning that she'll be going along because the vermin almost KILLED HER HUSBAND. That's not necessary to mention right now. Angela goes to hug the badger maid and says, "Karth is a sea otter. 'E's in a deep faint, but 'e appeared to be 'oldin' steady when I last checked on 'im. 'E's lucky to be alive." The Novice wisely takes the Dibbuns out of the room to go hang out somewhere else.   

Leon makes his way down the steps, he looks tried as he waves to the others,"Hey" is about all he gets out.   

Emyuil walks over towards the door. "I'll get my sword," he says grimly. "Anything else I should know?"   

Benar leans back in his chair and frowns, "Of course, any defenders who are not residents of the abbey can go," he looks up at Dora, holding her gaze, "But I need you here DoraRose, you are my Gatekeeper and one of our most well trained warriors. I know you belong to the defenders Dora but we need you here not running around the woods." he picks his tea cup back up and inhales the tea and sighs, "And I was so looking forward to a trip... oh hello Leon."   

Oz speaks "We can still try for a trip, hopefully soon and we have enough spices for the feast in a couple weeks. We shall not let this affect that"   

DoraRose's eyes widen. "But....but....they tried to kill Leon...." She wants to make them DEAD. Angela watches the badger maid leave, then goes to grab the Master Healer and lean on his arm. "Oi, I shouldn't be walkin' so much. Please 'elp an old creature to 'er seat, and come 'ave some tea." Dora glances at her brother. "Wait, no, we don't have a plan, and we don't even know who the leader of the Remnant is! Please stay for a bit." Turning back to the Abbot, she has a pleading look in her eyes, but she says nothing. She wants VENGEANCE UPON HER FOES, but if she has to stay here, how can she get that? She (along with everyone else) doesn't even know that Brookshire betrayed them! (When they find that out, the mouse will want to squish that traitor with her war hammer. A bladed weapon isn't good enough for that!)   

Angela rolls her eyes at her blood-thirsty grandchildren and murmurs to the Master healer, "'ow's karth doin'?"   

Leon helps Angela as he looks over at Dorarose, "But I didn’t get killed, I will say that Loosefang...not the leader, someone else is, is insane...seems to like to flip a coin and see if someone lives or not.” He sighs as he gets some tea "Karth has yet to wake up still, he's...he's lucky. He could well be dead now. Trying to question Loosefang. I am just glad Benar wasn’t questioning Loosefang, cause whoever tied the weasel up missed the dagger he had."   

Emyuil turns around with a sigh and walks back to the middle of the room. Sitting down slowly, he waits for a plan to be hashed out--but until it is, he remains silent.   

Benar holds Dora's eyes, "Yes, they tried to kill Leon but that is one of the reasons I and your family need you here," He also shakes his head, "And practically every fully trained warrior the Abbey has except the Champion is in the defenders, I need some of you here to help protect the abbey." He looks down into his tea cup at last and sighs, "I fear it may be weeks before we go Oz, if this is a remnant of Quade's force then I am a great big target for them," He then goes still as what Leon was saying filters through and turns slowly to stare at Dora, "We have a prisoner... when... was anyone going to tell me we had a prisoner?" he does not look happy.   

Oz frowns, “Had one...you were supposed to be told." He sighs, great. “Maybe whoever is out and about can try and get that...whatever his name is back, he could be useful....though as Leon said and I agree the weasel is a bit insane."

DoraRose wants to argue, but she has too much respect for the grey squirrel to do so, especially when she knows that he's right. "Fine," she says angrily, then puts her paws up defensively. "I was busy making sure that the others who were on The road with him were actually dead! I thought you had been told. And I let this....Loosefang out again because he had a shrew at knifepoint. I'm sorry; I thought you had been told. It's good you weren't, though; you'd probably be dead if you had gone to talk to him." The bell tolls the hour, and the Warrior scowls. "Phooey.....I need to go relieve my relief." Grabbing a cup of tea (with milk and lots of honey!) and a plate of little cookies and cakes, she storms back out to the gates, still angry that the Abbot has forbidden her from seeking vengeance upon her foes!   

Angela just sighs and watches her go. "She's rip-rarin' to go kill some beasts, Benar. She's gonna 'ave some trouble listenin' to you." Standing, she refills her cup and takes a plate of snacks. "I'm gonna go check on Karth and a few beasts who are in the Infirm. I'll see y'all later." And she hobbles back upstairs.   

Benar watches Dora leave and sighs sadly and turns to Leon, "I probably, cannot keep her from seeking vengeance my dear friend. But maybe this time I can keep her at home," He closes his eyes and leans his head back against the chair, "I do wish we could have some peace and quiet for a change." He then nods to Angela and sighs, "I know... I do not think she should go, cool heads are needed, especially for a rescue mission... burning with the fires of vengeance however... that will not do, she'd be more of a risk then a help."   

Leon frowns as Dorarose storms off and sis down by Benar, “So far from what I can tell, they are not interested in the abbey...least right now. And no traveling is a good thing.   

Oz listens as all the talking goes on " For now we try and not stress, stress will not help anyone. We do have friends to help, How is that Heron doing by the way...maybe he can help?"   

Benar says, "I would not want to ask a guest of ours to join a fight... but it is good they are leaving the abbey alone for now."

Leon says, "His name is Mosely and he is...well interesting, he sprang his wing but its healed enough to fly. For now we should try and focus on what is needed to get ready for the autumn feast and if nothing else it’s something stress free, fun and gets beast mind off troubles and problems"

Oz nods, he lays a paw on his knee " I need my knee to get better sooner rather than later"   

Benar stands up slowly and sighs, "Well I best go spread the word to the other Elders about what has happened, I will see you all soon"   

Leon nods 'Things will be ok Benar, if anything else needs your attention I will make sure you know"   

Oz listens as Benar gets up "I most likely am going to slowly go to my room."   

Leon asks, "Need help Oz?"   

Oz leans on his staff and sighs "If I go slow I will be fine, not that helpless Brother Leon. Don’t think I Could flip any more weasels over my back. I also want to check on Krisha"   

Leon nods "Hope she is ok, this has to be hard on her."   

Oz says, "Yes it is hard on her, she needs to know he is ok and till he is able to be in front of her again, she is going to worry. I also need to make sure she stays inside the abbey, I see her as family now, her and Xander plan to wed and I promised to take care of Xander and now Krisha as well, I will be in my room" He heads there slowly" Willow bark tea please Brother Leon"   

Leon nods "Course Oz, I will bring that to you”

Oz nods as he heads to his room, some time with the dibbuns after he checks in Krisha and then it’s time for bed.

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

Board footer